April 26, 2024, 08:10:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mom's Boyfriend Charged With Capital Murder After Infant Dies  (Read 2042 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 31, 2008, 09:53:04 PM »

http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=9953d418-1009-412e-8ad0-0572e6330731

A  man accused of beating and killing his girlfriend's one-year-old boy has now been charged with capital murder.

Jontai Johnson was found seriously beaten Thursday. Police said the infant was covered in bruises. News 4 learned Friday Jontai died from his injuries.

Police arrested the boyfriend of Jontai's mother, Joseph Cannady, after the little boy was rushed to the hospital. Cannady told police he beat and threw the one-year-old because the child soiled his underwear.

News 4's Demond Fernandez: "What happened at the house?"
Joseph Cannady: "No comment."

Joseph Cannady didn't want to talk about what happened to Jontai inside the family's apartment until he learned New 4 spoke with his family.

"I just lost my cool," Cannady told News 4. "Did something I shouldn't have did. I mean I love him. I'm sorry, sorry."

Cannady told police he viciously beat the toddler with a belt. Court documents show Cannady told detectives he was whipping Jontai as he was holding the boy by one arm off the ground. According to the arrest affidavit, Cannady told police he didn't think that the spanking was fazing the child, which made him even more angry. Police said Cannady then told them he slapped Jontai and flung him into one of the bedrooms, where the infant hit his head.
"Little body. Eyes wide open. No movement whatsoever," said a witness who didn't want to be identified.

The witness said he rushed to help Cannady with the injured child.

"He was showing no remorse, wasn't crying, wasn't showing any kind of signs of feeling sorry for what had happened to the child," the witness told News 4.

Demond Fernandez: "Do you have anything to say?"
Joseph Cannady: "I love my girl and that child. That's it."

Investigators said little Jontai had bruises, was bleeding from the eyes, suffered severe head trauma, and had no brain activity.

A spokeswoman for Child Protective Services told News 4 they were called to investigate abuse allegations when Jontai was just 5-days-old. They said the infant's biological father was seen yelling at him in the hospital. C.P.S. officials said Jontai's mother agreed to supervised visits with the boy's dad.

What is the matter with these people?  Babies poop, if you can't handle it, stay away from children.  There is no excuse for this violence. 

"I lost my cool."  wtf?  He was out of his mind.  Have someone beat the piss out of him and throw him against the wall. 

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.