April 26, 2024, 04:58:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #756 6/5 -6/8/08  (Read 277591 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »

Wreck
It was my understanding that the pond was going to be drained as soon as the strike was over in Aruba.  Then lo and behold it's empty just a day or so after the strike ended.  Given what I know about that pond it stands to reason that the pond was not even on the radar of the OM, ALE or anyone else until the Persistence crew scanned it.  If the person that told me this is reliable in their information I have reason to believe that the reason had to do with Natalee Holloway and no one else.  So far this person has not fed me any wrong information concerning that pond that I have been able to prove incorrect.  Until then, I stand by the statement that the pond is involved only because of that tip from someone that may know something or may have seen something that could be important to the Natalee Holloway case. 
I understand that part and agree with you. What I am curious about is just what the "tip" was that made The Persistence crew perform the scan. Are you saying they were actually looking for Natalee's body? Are you saying a "witness" actually saw Joran at this pond? You seem to have inside info on just what was "found" (or hoping to be found) at this latest pond.

Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2008, 02:14:32 PM »

Wreck
It was my understanding that the pond was going to be drained as soon as the strike was over in Aruba.  Then lo and behold it's empty just a day or so after the strike ended.  Given what I know about that pond it stands to reason that the pond was not even on the radar of the OM, ALE or anyone else until the Persistence crew scanned it.  If the person that told me this is reliable in their information I have reason to believe that the reason had to do with Natalee Holloway and no one else.  So far this person has not fed me any wrong information concerning that pond that I have been able to prove incorrect.  Until then, I stand by the statement that the pond is involved only because of that tip from someone that may know something or may have seen something that could be important to the Natalee Holloway case. 

In total agreement with you Lalas'...I think that Jossy wasn't even on Aruba...when I was working with my contact regarding the pond....I'll have to check my notes...but I think that was the time he was gone for a week....

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2008, 02:17:46 PM »

Wreck

In total agreement with you Lalas'...I think that Jossy wasn't even on Aruba...when I was working with my contact regarding the pond....I'll have to check my notes...but I think that was the time he was gone for a week....
I agree, I think both Jossy and Art Wood are simply out of the loop on the pond.  I'm not discouraged about the pond search (yet).

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2008, 02:22:04 PM »

Wreck

You are dead on here Lalas. That original pond scan was done because a tip came in about Joran being seen there that night. To infer anything else, like morphing it into a different case, makes no sense.   

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »

Thanks Caesu! I have the feeling that Aruba's airline troubles are going to get worse before they get better. I expect other airlines to follow suit due to the gas crisis and cruise ships, too. Both airliners and cruise ships burn tremendous, unfathomable amounts of fuel. Even going a hundred or two miles out of their way costs a fortune.

when listening to that Transport and Tourism minister it seems he is really in denial.
he is going to try to get tourists from South America and Europe.
the tourists from South America aren't getting a simular amount of money in.

and does he really think he can compete with the Mediterranean and Red Sea destination around Europe???
that's even going to be higher fuel costs if they have to fly all the way to Aruba.
Aruba is really dependent on the USA for their economy.
so they are in big trouble. i also think more airlines are going to cut their flights and cruise ships are going to change their routes.

but they could have seen this coming when they decided in the 80s to base their economy almost solely on tourism.
Curaçao still has the refinery, Bonaire has the salt industry.

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »

Announced today...article via google...saw it on TV a few mins ago...

Destiny

Continental Airlines reduces flights, eliminates 3,000 jobs
by Joseph R. Perone/The Star-Ledger
Thursday June 05, 2008, 7:29 AM

Continental Airlines today said it plans to cut back on its flight schedule beginning in September, reduce the size of its fleet of planes and eliminate 3,000 jobs.

In the wake of soaring fuel prices, the airline will reduce the number of passenger seats for sale by 11 percent. Houston-based Continental is the largest airline serving Newark Liberty International Airport and employees about 14,000 people in New Jersey.

Continental will take 67 planes out of service. By the end of the second quarter, Continental will operate 375 mainline aircraft.

The company's chief executive and president said they will not take a salary for the rest of this year and will decline bonuses.

The impact of the move likely means higher air fares later this year for travelers out of Newark because demand for flights remains fairly steady. However, passengers most likely will find less frequent service to some cities or no service at all to out-of-the way routes that are considered unprofitable.

Fares at Newark, where Continental is the dominant carrier, also have risen dramatically since last summer as airlines scramble to cut their losses.

The airline, which has declined to merge with United the past few months, is one of the last major, or legacy carriers, to cut back on the number of seats for sale.

Continental and other airlines are under enormous pressure to find ways to cut costs and increase revenue to cover the cost of high aviation fuel. The company is charging passengers for checking a second piece of baggage, a move that other airlines also have adopted.
--The Associated Press contributed to this report
Send To A Friend

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2008, 02:28:33 PM »

I agree, I think both Jossy and Art Wood are simply out of the loop on the pond.  I'm not discouraged about the pond search (yet).

Just about everything we know about the pond search after that first burst of the original scan by OE has been secretive. Those photos we saw of the drained pond were taken ex post facto of any search law enforcement would have done. Everything we know about what happened in between is missing. All we do know is that it was cordoned off but we have no photos of a search being executed. I assume it was searched thoroughly.

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »

Destiny

Continental Airlines today said it plans to cut back on its flight schedule beginning in September, reduce the size of its fleet of planes and eliminate 3,000 jobs.

In the wake of soaring fuel prices, the airline will reduce the number of passenger seats for sale by 11 percent. Houston-based Continental is the largest airline serving Newark Liberty International Airport and employees about 14,000 people in New Jersey.

Continental will take 67 planes out of service. By the end of the second quarter, Continental will operate 375 mainline aircraft.

The company's chief executive and president said they will not take a salary for the rest of this year and will decline bonuses.

The impact of the move likely means higher air fares later this year for travelers out of Newark because demand for flights remains fairly steady. However, passengers most likely will find less frequent service to some cities or no service at all to out-of-the way routes that are considered unprofitable.

Fares at Newark, where Continental is the dominant carrier, also have risen dramatically since last summer as airlines scramble to cut their losses.

The airline, which has declined to merge with United the past few months, is one of the last major, or legacy carriers, to cut back on the number of seats for sale.

Continental and other airlines are under enormous pressure to find ways to cut costs and increase revenue to cover the cost of high aviation fuel. The company is charging passengers for checking a second piece of baggage, a move that other airlines also have adopted.
Send To A Friend

Is there a list of the airline companies that fly from U.S. to Aruba? Would love to see it.

casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2008, 02:33:23 PM »

Good afternoon, Monkeys!  Sorry I have not spoken but I am multitasking!  I have all day off so I am cleaning house, making salsa and reading y'alls conversation! 
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2008, 02:33:55 PM »

Wreck
I understand that part and agree with you. What I am curious about is just what the "tip" was that made The Persistence crew perform the scan. Are you saying they were actually looking for Natalee's body? Are you saying a "witness" actually saw Joran at this pond? You seem to have inside info on just what was "found" (or hoping to be found) at this latest pond.

No. I don't think they were looking for anything in particular at that time...just scanning to see what they might find.  I don't think they had any one thing they were trying to find...OE said they scanned it because of some down time. I think it was a tip that led them there in the first place. Why else would you just randomly pick a pond to scan when you could be getting some much needed rest?
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2008, 02:34:33 PM »

Destiny

Send To A Friend

Is there a list of the airline companies that fly from U.S. to Aruba? Would love to see it.

Partial list...Continental is one of them...

http://www.aircanada.ca    Direct flights world wide. (Book online for lowest fares and specials)

http://www.westjet.com    Canadian discount carrier

http://airdepartment.com    Discount flight to Aruba from North America & other world destinations. (Book online for lowest fares and specials)

http://www.usairways.com
Reservations: 800-428-4322    Daily direct flights to Aruba from Charlotte and Philadelphia (Book online for lowest fares and specials)

http://www.delta.com
Reservations: 800-241-4141    Daily direct flights to Aruba from Atlanta and JFK New York

http://www.americanairlines.com
Reservations: 800-433-7300    Daily direct Flights to Aruba from Miami, JFK New York, and San Juan

http://www.continental.com
Reservations: 800-231-0856    Direct flights to Aruba from Newark Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Adding Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday service February 2001.

http://www.twa.com
Reservations: 800-892-4141    Daily flights to Aruba via San Juan from Boston, JFK, Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles.
ALM Airlines
http://www.airalm.com
Reservations:  800-327-7230    Daily flights to Aruba via Curacao from Miami. Sunday flights to Aruba via Curacao from Atlanta.
Charter Service:
Travel Dimensions (Boston, MA)
Reservations: 1-800-752-5055    Discounted charter fares for direct flights to Aruba
International Hotel Representatives (NY, NY)
Reservations: 800-346-7084    Discounted airfares with Delta, American & Continental Airlines - flights to Aruba from JFK New York Fridays and Saturdays.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2008, 02:35:23 PM »

Wreck

You are dead on here Lalas. That original pond scan was done because a tip came in about Joran being seen there that night. To infer anything else, like morphing it into a different case, makes no sense.   

I am usually right when I say something of this magnitude. 
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »

Thanks Caesu! I have the feeling that Aruba's airline troubles are going to get worse before they get better. I expect other airlines to follow suit due to the gas crisis and cruise ships, too. Both airliners and cruise ships burn tremendous, unfathomable amounts of fuel. Even going a hundred or two miles out of their way costs a fortune.

when listening to that Transport and Tourism minister it seems he is really in denial.

and does he really think he can compete with the Mediterranean and Red Sea destination around Europe???
that's even going to be higher fuel costs if they have to fly all the way to Aruba.
so they are in big trouble. i also think more airlines are going to cut their flights and cruise ships are going to change their routes.

but they could have seen this coming when they decided in the 80s to base their economy almost solely on tourism.

You are so right Caesu. South Americans do not have the spending power of the US even when we are in a recession. I doubt seriously they can make near enough off those countries to make up the difference. As far as Europe goes I would expect them to cut flights to Aruba as well just because of the sheer distance. The U.S. is not the only country affected by the gas crisis. And as you say there are many destinations much closer to home for Europeans, and the same applies to the U.S..

The only thing I can see that can keep people coming to Aruba is a Fire Sale and that doesn't help the bottom line.

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2008, 02:36:07 PM »

Good afternoon, Monkeys!  Sorry I have not spoken but I am multitasking!  I have all day off so I am cleaning house, making salsa and reading y'alls conversation! 

Hi Casa!  Pass the salsa...I brought chips!
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »

Is there a list of the airline companies that fly from U.S. to Aruba? Would love to see it

American Airlines
American Trans Air (ATA)
Continental
Delta Air Lines
United
U.S. Airways

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2008, 02:36:50 PM »

I am usually right when I say something of this magnitude. 

That's why I love you!   

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2008, 02:36:52 PM »

Hey Casa...good to see You!...yummmmy...save some salsa for me Wink

Destiny...

jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2008, 02:37:23 PM »

Some use 1 gallon of fuel to move 6 inches from what I have been told.  j/b
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2008, 02:37:44 PM »

Could somoene translate this word for me, please. TIA

bedrijfsvoering
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2008, 02:39:54 PM »

Is there a list of the airline companies that fly from U.S. to Aruba? Would love to see it

American Airlines
American Trans Air (ATA)
Continental
Delta Air Lines
United
U.S. Airways

Thanks Destiny and Wreck. Let's see who follows suit. According to the GMA newscast I saw yesterday they are all going to cut back, they have to, gas prices are killing them and they weren't in great shape to start with. Hell, Delta is on the verge of bankruptcy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.