March 28, 2024, 03:40:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Peterson to Face Trial Again ~ Wrongful Death Suit  (Read 2187 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 06, 2008, 10:50:41 PM »

Jun 6, 8:50 PM EDT

Peterson faces trial again in wrongful death suit

Watch Related Video

Scott Peterson Faces Second Trial

MODESTO, Calif. (AP) -- Convicted killer Scott Peterson will be heading to trial again over the death of his pregnant wife, this time in civil court.

The parents of Laci Peterson have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against him, seeking a multimillion-dollar judgment.

A Stanislaus County Superior Court judge ruled Friday that Peterson would have to stand trial in the civil case. A jury found him guilty in 2003 of killing Laci Peterson and her fetus and dumping the body in San Francisco Bay on Christmas Eve 2002.

At Friday's hearing, Peterson's defense attorney cited in court a videotape made at San Quentin State Prison in which he maintains his innocence.

The judge stayed his ruling until June 23 to allow lawyers to appeal.

The trial is set to begin July 8.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LACI_PETERSON?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:01:43 PM »

Family Drops Wrongful Death Suit Against Scott Peterson
Posted: 11:46 am PDT April 30, 2009
Updated: 7:34 am PDT May 1, 2009

MODESTO, Calif. -- A civil lawsuit filed by the parents of slain Modesto schoolteacher Laci Peterson against her convicted killer – her husband Scott Peterson – has been dropped, court officials said Thursday.

A hearing in the wrongful death lawsuit filed by Sharon and Dennis Rocha was scheduled for Thursday, but a Stanislaus County Superior Court official said the matter was dropped last week.

In his videotaped deposition for the civil trial, Peterson –- who is awaiting execution on San Quentin’s death row -- denied killing Laci Peterson, and asserted his Fifth Amendment right against self incrimination 195 times.

During the taping of that deposition, Scott Peterson also told the family’s attorneys that: "I love my wife… I love my son. I will always love them. I have always loved them. I should be able to hug them right now. I should be able to hold my son."

He also claimed in the deposition that he was the victim of a poorly handled police investigation.

Laci Peterson's parents first filed the lawsuit in 2004, seeking a multimillion-dollar judgment. That same year, a jury found Peterson guilty of murdering her and her fetus and dumping the body into San Francisco Bay on Christmas Eve 2002.

During the ensuing years, the family suffered a major setback when Judge Roger Beauchesne denied a request that Peterson’s death sentence conviction for the murders be allowed in the civil trial as fact.

Laci Peterson disappeared from the couple's Modesto home on December 24, 2002, setting off a highly publicized search throughout Northern California. The remains of Laci Peterson and her fetus were later recovered along the shore of the San Francisco Bay.

Scott Peterson was convicted and sentenced to death by a jury in Redwood City in the murders ending one of the most highly publicized trials in California history.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/19334545/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »

this guy is a complete waste of space....he makes me sick...
he and Casey Anthony should hook up....both are just as cunning, devious  and just as delusional.
IMO of course...

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.