April 16, 2024, 04:01:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #757 6/8 - 6/14/08  (Read 310928 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2008, 07:47:08 PM »

Good question by Cancun Mole.  Do any of our Dutch posters have the answer??

CancunMole  PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:08 pm         

Have been searching (google) for information on whether or not the Netherlands and Thailand have an Extradition Treaty at this time. Seems that there were discussions in 2004 but can't find anything more recent.

http://www.nisnews.nl/dossiers/royal_house/200104_1333.htm

Does anyone know for sure whether there is or is not an Extradition Treaty between the Netherlands and Thailand? TIA.

If not, would seem like a good place to hang out if one thought that there may be some legal issues in the offing. JMO.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2008, 07:48:46 PM »

O/T  Monday evening mind fart...Destiny

I was walking past the

mental hospital the other day,

and all the patients

were shouting,

'13...13....13.'

The fence was too high to see over,

but I saw a little gap in

the planks, so I

looked through to see what

was going on.....

Some idiot poked me in

the eye with a stick!

Then they all started shouting '14....14....14'...

dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2008, 07:50:41 PM »

buckeye, tell us more about medleyrelay/billybob and the photo and their connections to the vdsloot family. 
dennisintn
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2008, 07:51:12 PM »

39/012 • International
 No Extradition Treaty with Thailand Seen during State Visit

BANGKOK, 20/01/04 - Queen Beatrix yesterday began a five-day state visit to Thailand. Foreign Minister Bernard Bot, who is accompanying her, will try to conclude an extradition treaty but he is not expected to succeed during the trip, say diplomatic sources.

The Queen arrived in Bangkok with Crown Prince Willem-Alexander yesterday after two days acclimatisation in Singapore. The visit marks 400 years of relations between Thailand and the Netherlands. Much attention is however focused on an extradition treaty allowing Dutch prisoners to serve part of their sentence in the Netherlands. A number of countries already have such a treaty.

Next Thursday, Bot will meet with his Thai counterpart to discuss the treaty, as well as bilateral relations and the upcoming Dutch presidency of the EU. Nobody should however expect the treaty to be concluded during the state visit. According to a spokesman for Bot, there are still too many specific legal details that have to be thoroughly discussed.

Fifteen Dutch nationals are in Thai prisons, most for drug-dealing. The best-known is Machiel Kuijt, sentenced to life imprisonment in an appeal case last November after being acquitted by a lower court. He has already been in jail for almost seven years. The treaty is intended to ensure that prisoners would serve a maximum of 8 years in Thailand before their extradition.

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2008, 07:57:39 PM »

FBI playing second fiddle in Aruba

by Norman 'Gus' Thomas
Caribbean Net News Senior Regional Correspondent
E-mail: rc@caribbeannetnews.com
Wednesday, June 15, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba: Top sleuths from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Miami have been slithering through the grass on Aruba for the last 14 days but the role these highly-trained agents have been forced to play is that of “second fiddle" to the Aruban police, who have been struggling to crack the case of the missing 18-year-old Natalee Holloway, whose disappearance on May 30 has drawn the international media to this Dutch Caribbean island of just over 97,000 people.
Officials at Aruba's Foreign Affairs office told Caribbean Net News that the Miami-based FBI agents were invited to the island as observers only, and the Aruban police are the ones "calling the shots."
This has annoyed FBI brass in the US, prompting one senior FBI agent to wonder aloud: "Are they having an election down there or are they looking for a missing person? What's this ******* status stuff all about?"
According to Judy Orihuela, FBI spokesperson at the Miami office, the government of Aruba has only asked for minimal FBI help from the organisation.
FBI sources told Caribbean Net News that there is one agent from Barbados, along with six from Miami, who are on the ground in Aruba and will "help" when they are asked to.
Police in Aruba confirmed to Caribbean Net News that the FBI are here as observers and were part of a team that was allowed to watch from behind a glass when Aruban police interviewed five men held in connection with Holloway's disappearance.
Limited in technology, the Aruban police have also sought the help of the FBI in analysing a DNA sample that was removed from the rear seat of a vehicle belonging to one of the suspects. Caribbean Net News has learnt the DNA tests came back negative when tested for blood.
The slow pace of the investigation has angered many, forcing Holloway's mother to make public criticism of the slow pace.
The case has caused great embarrassment for the Aruba authorities. In one instance, the Deputy Commissioner told the media that there was a confession and that one of the accused was leading the police to the scene of Police. Minutes after, that line was changed and officials had no more to say about the “confession”, saying rather that they had reached a "critical" point in their in their investigations.
No one has made any further comment on what the Deputy Commissioner had said earlier.
However, Holloway's mother is of the view that the authorities could be seeking to protect the three young men who were last to see her daughter. The trio told police they had dropped off the 18-year-old at her hotel following a party session.
Police, when pressed, told Caribbean Net News that video tapes from surveillance cameras at the hotel show no evidence of this.
Meanwhile, FBI agents will stay in Aruba and continue to observe from behind the glass, until they called upon to run any further errands.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/images/na/sabapolicecars-sm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/na/na2.htm&h=90&w=80&sz=3&hl=en&start=203&tbnid=dThKS6rnWnbO4M:&tbnh=78&tbnw=69&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAruban%2Bpolice%26start%3D200%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2008, 07:58:12 PM »

buckeye, tell us more about medleyrelay/billybob and the photo and their connections to the vdsloot family. 
dennisintn

Medleyrelay = Jan Brennan who started out at Scrux as a VDS defender/supporter.  She helped with the letter to Oprah and helped gather funds for Joran's defense fund.  She has NOW been to Aruba and met the VDS.  As far as I can tell she must be a very lonely person who has a need to feel important. 

Medleyrelay is also BillyBob at RU but it just recently became clear that Medley and BillyBob were one of the same.  Medley also used to post at RU under the name of Medleyrelay and one other name that escapes me right now 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2008, 08:03:58 PM »

dennisintn

Medleyrelay = Jan Brennan who started out at Scrux as a VDS defender/supporter.  She helped with the letter to Oprah and helped gather funds for Joran's defense fund.  She has NOW been to Aruba and met the VDS.  As far as I can tell she must be a very lonely person who has a need to feel important. 

Medleyrelay is also BillyBob at RU but it just recently became clear that Medley and BillyBob were one of the same.  Medley also used to post at RU under the name of Medleyrelay and one other name that escapes me right now 

I have a few in mind. 
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2008, 08:06:41 PM »

Sunday, June 12, 2005 Posted: 1:44 PM EDT (1744 GMT)

.....  Janssen also said she has requested FBI dive teams to help search craggy areas of Aruba's coast.
An FBI spokesman in Miami, Florida, said earlier reports that bureau divers would join the search Monday were in error, as was a report that its agents assisted in Sunday's arrests.
Seven FBI agents from Miami are in Aruba, including two divers and evidence collection and analysis experts, and one agent has come from Barbados, the spokesman said.
......Authorities said they talked to the three men who left with her. The men said they took Holloway to Arashi Beach before leaving her at her hotel about 2 a.m., authorities said.....

CNN's Karl Penhaul contributed to this report.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/06/06/missing.teen/index.html
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2008, 08:09:42 PM »

dennisintn

Medley also posted emails from Anita and to Anita....and was instumental in the fund raising for Joe Taco.  Most of this was done at FOB.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »

Sunday, June 12, 2005 Posted: 1:44 PM EDT (1744 GMT)

.....  Janssen also said she has requested FBI dive teams to help search craggy areas of Aruba's coast.
An FBI spokesman in Miami, Florida, said earlier reports that bureau divers would join the search Monday were in error, as was a report that its agents assisted in Sunday's arrests.
Seven FBI agents from Miami are in Aruba, including two divers and evidence collection and analysis experts, and one agent has come from Barbados, the spokesman said.
......Authorities said they talked to the three men who left with her. The men said they took Holloway to Arashi Beach before leaving her at her hotel about 2 a.m., authorities said.....

CNN's Karl Penhaul contributed to this report.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/06/06/missing.teen/index.html

Buckeye ... where is Arashi Beach in relation to the Marriot Beach?

Thanks

Janet.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2008, 08:19:05 PM »

Arashi Beach is over by the lighthouse.

http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/outoftown/aruba/arashibeach/index.htm

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2008, 08:23:28 PM »

She was at RWV and one of the most pathetic people I have ever seen on the blogs. 

------------------------
billybob wrote:
All I can say Lin if you read my original posts - they were only about the Monkeys! amd my complete disgust for them.
---------------------------
billybob  PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:39 pm         

Oh please ... Pat the monkeys are just beyond ridiculous and if you want to defend them -be my guest. Whatever word one wants to use ... they are loathsome and disgusting. actually there is nothing funny about them.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:25:17 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2008, 08:24:25 PM »

dennisintn

Medley also posted emails from Anita and to Anita....and was instumental in the fund raising for Joe Taco.  Most of this was done at FOB.

True - forgot about FOB and FOB2, not to mention BNH 
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2008, 08:25:52 PM »

FBI playing second fiddle in Aruba

by Norman 'Gus' Thomas
Caribbean Net News Senior Regional Correspondent
E-mail: rc@caribbeannetnews.com
Wednesday, June 15, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba: Top sleuths from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Miami have been slithering through the grass on Aruba for the last 14 days but the role these highly-trained agents have been forced to play is that of “second fiddle" to the Aruban police, who have been struggling to crack the case of the missing 18-year-old Natalee Holloway, whose disappearance on May 30 has drawn the international media to this Dutch Caribbean island of just over 97,000 people.
Officials at Aruba's Foreign Affairs office told Caribbean Net News that the Miami-based FBI agents were invited to the island as observers only, and the Aruban police are the ones "calling the shots."
This has annoyed FBI brass in the US, prompting one senior FBI agent to wonder aloud: "Are they having an election down there or are they looking for a missing person? What's this ******* status stuff all about?"
According to Judy Orihuela, FBI spokesperson at the Miami office, the government of Aruba has only asked for minimal FBI help from the organisation.
FBI sources told Caribbean Net News that there is one agent from Barbados, along with six from Miami, who are on the ground in Aruba and will "help" when they are asked to.
Police in Aruba confirmed to Caribbean Net News that the FBI are here as observers and were part of a team that was allowed to watch from behind a glass when Aruban police interviewed five men held in connection with Holloway's disappearance.
Limited in technology, the Aruban police have also sought the help of the FBI in analysing a DNA sample that was removed from the rear seat of a vehicle belonging to one of the suspects. Caribbean Net News has learnt the DNA tests came back negative when tested for blood.
The slow pace of the investigation has angered many, forcing Holloway's mother to make public criticism of the slow pace.
The case has caused great embarrassment for the Aruba authorities. In one instance, the Deputy Commissioner told the media that there was a confession and that one of the accused was leading the police to the scene of Police. Minutes after, that line was changed and officials had no more to say about the “confession”, saying rather that they had reached a "critical" point in their in their investigations.
No one has made any further comment on what the Deputy Commissioner had said earlier.
However, Holloway's mother is of the view that the authorities could be seeking to protect the three young men who were last to see her daughter. The trio told police they had dropped off the 18-year-old at her hotel following a party session.
Police, when pressed, told Caribbean Net News that video tapes from surveillance cameras at the hotel show no evidence of this.
Meanwhile, FBI agents will stay in Aruba and continue to observe from behind the glass, until they called upon to run any further errands.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/images/na/sabapolicecars-sm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.caribbeannetnews.com/na/na2.htm&h=90&w=80&sz=3&hl=en&start=203&tbnid=dThKS6rnWnbO4M:&tbnh=78&tbnw=69&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAruban%2Bpolice%26start%3D200%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

Something is very, very wrong when an American citizen disappears and our FBI is relegated to the status of observers looking through glass and playing second fiddle on a crappy little island the size of Aruba.  What is going on in our State Department that they have forsaken the rights of one of our own for likes of that motley crew that is running Aruba.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2008, 08:36:52 PM »

39/012 • International

BANGKOK, 20/01/04 - Queen Beatrix yesterday began a five-day state visit to Thailand. Foreign Minister Bernard Bot, who is accompanying her, will try to conclude an extradition treaty but he is not expected to succeed during the trip, say diplomatic sources.

The Queen arrived in Bangkok with Crown Prince Willem-Alexander yesterday after two days acclimatisation in Singapore. The visit marks 400 years of relations between Thailand and the Netherlands. Much attention is however focused on an extradition treaty allowing Dutch prisoners to serve part of their sentence in the Netherlands. A number of countries already have such a treaty.

Next Thursday, Bot will meet with his Thai counterpart to discuss the treaty, as well as bilateral relations and the upcoming Dutch presidency of the EU. Nobody should however expect the treaty to be concluded during the state visit. According to a spokesman for Bot, there are still too many specific legal details that have to be thoroughly discussed.

Fifteen Dutch nationals are in Thai prisons, most for drug-dealing. The best-known is Machiel Kuijt, sentenced to life imprisonment in an appeal case last November after being acquitted by a lower court. He has already been in jail for almost seven years. The treaty is intended to ensure that prisoners would serve a maximum of 8 years in Thailand before their extradition.

in 2004 a extradition treaty was signed with Thailand.
came into force april 1st 2005.

precondition was that first 8 years of the sentence were passed in Thailand.

http://www.minbuza.nl/nl/actueel/persberichten,2004/08/wots_verdrag_tussen_nederland_en_thailand_getekend.html

Machiel Kuijt was extradited in march 2007. and immediately freed over here.

Peter R. de Vries opposed this. in short:

because Kuijt had in The Netherlands a history of drug and criminal offenses often very violent with weapons.
he could have known he would be in trouble smuggling drugs through Thailand.
but Kuijt never admitted to the drugs crimes.

Peter R. argues that here in The Netherlands there are also drugs criminals serving long sentences with less evidence about that crime who also don't confess. but the Queen is not speaking out to get them released.
http://www.peterrdevries.nl/column/Telegraaf%20Zondag%20column/textcolumnpetertelegraaf012.htm

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2008, 08:39:37 PM »

Thank you Buckeye.

Joran, Deepak and Satish all declared in their May 31, 2005 statements that they drove to the lighthouse with Natalee but ... all three stories differ in regards to why they never got out.

No cross examination by interrogators from the getgo.

Janet

+++++++

Joran van der Sloot
Witness Statement
May 31, 2005

The girl then had told me that she wanted to go to the North Coast to see sharks. I had told her that there were no sharks to be seen at the North Coast. She answered that there were sharks there and that she had seen them already. We decided to drive into that direction then. We had driven to the "Lighthouse".  On the way there the girl had asked us where we were taking her. She further told us to bring her to the Holiday Inn because the next day she would have to travel back to the United States. We drove past the Lighthouse and after that to the Holiday Inn Hotel.

Deepak Kalpoe
Witness Statement
May 31, 2005

I drove at the request of the girl in the direction of the Lighthouse, because the girl wanted to see it. After we drove up along side the Lighthouse, I returned to the Sasakiweg (main road?). Joran told me that the girl had fallen asleep.

Satish Kalpoe
Witness Statement
May 31, 2005

In the car, the white blonde said girl said to Joran that they should go to the North side of Aruba to see sharks. Deepak decided to drive to the North side of Aruba so that the girl could see sharks. I saw that when we were on the way to the Lighthouse, Joran was kissing and started fingering the girl. I could not hear what Joran and the girl said because the music in the car was very loud. When we arrived at the Lighthouse, I asked my brother if Joran and the girl would get out of the car to see the sharks. I told my brother that Joran and the little girl were kissing and that they probably would not leave the car.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2008, 08:44:37 PM »

39/012 • International

http://www.minbuza.nl/nl/actueel/persberichten,2004/08/wots_verdrag_tussen_nederland_en_thailand_getekend.html

because Kuijt had in The Netherlands a history of drug and criminal offenses often very violent with weapons.

Peter R. argues that here in The Netherlands there are also drugs criminals serving long sentences with less evidence about that crime who also don't confess. but the Queen is not speaking out to get them released.
http://www.peterrdevries.nl/column/Telegraaf%20Zondag%20column/textcolumnpetertelegraaf012.htm

TY for the treaty update Caesu...looks like the Queen knows which side of the bread her butter is on...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2008, 08:46:10 PM »

Example

medleyrelay  PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:30 pm        

Bearman Thread!
I have been asked to start a thread about the Bearmans --I am doing this for Anita - so any of you VDS supporters try to help me with this please!!

Jodi Bearman was a chaperone. She has the travel agency and booked/planned the whole trip. She went with them as chaperone and flew back with the FAB 7 to Aruba asa she arrived back in the USA.

She had everything to gain by keeping Joran in the picture because she could have been blamed or sued by the family.

Many of the first rumors came out of her mouth.

medleyrelay  PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:47 pm         

I love all of you -- this is great -- I could never post this at Scrux -- I would have to becareful what WORDS I used -- and what I plan to do here is give Anita this thread link so she can just stop in an see what is here -- hopefully you will all be nice and if you do not have anything to say about this - please dont say anything that would upset Anita -- thanks!!!! Laughing

31 pages later...a question:

medleyrelay  PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:30 pm         

Honey
Quote:

Why are y'all posting real life info about Dr. Bearman? He has nothing to do with this case. As far as I know, neither does the Bearman's daughter. If Anita has any idea that Medley requested this thread in her name, I'll eat my keyboard.

medleyrelay:

WEll start chewing Honey!!

I posted the thread yes, I am not responsible for what ends up here -- people should post in good taste -- I do not know what things Anita might be looking for -- I do not think personal info about the Dr. would however be one of them -- but I hope you enjoy your keyboard meal -- will it be the apetizer or the desert??
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2008, 08:49:21 PM »

39/012 • International

caesu

Thanks...maybe Joran is not strong in current events...
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2008, 08:51:15 PM »

Thank you Buckeye.

Joran, Deepak and Satish all declared in their May 31, 2005 statements that they drove to the lighthouse with Natalee but ... all three stories differ in regards to why they never got out.

No cross examination by interrogators from the getgo.

Janet

+++++++

Joran van der Sloot
Witness Statement
May 31, 2005

The girl then had told me that she wanted to go to the North Coast to see sharks. I had told her that there were no sharks to be seen at the North Coast. She answered that there were sharks there and that she had seen them already. We decided to drive into that direction then. We had driven to the "Lighthouse".  On the way there the girl had asked us where we were taking her. She further told us to bring her to the Holiday Inn because the next day she would have to travel back to the United States. We drove past the Lighthouse and after that to the Holiday Inn Hotel.

Deepak Kalpoe
Witness Statement
May 31, 2005

I drove at the request of the girl in the direction of the Lighthouse, because the girl wanted to see it. After we drove up along side the Lighthouse, I returned to the Sasakiweg (main road?). Joran told me that the girl had fallen asleep.

Satish Kalpoe
Witness Statement
May 31, 2005

In the car, the white blonde said girl said to Joran that they should go to the North side of Aruba to see sharks. Deepak decided to drive to the North side of Aruba so that the girl could see sharks. I saw that when we were on the way to the Lighthouse, Joran was kissing and started fingering the girl. I could not hear what Joran and the girl said because the music in the car was very loud. When we arrived at the Lighthouse, I asked my brother if Joran and the girl would get out of the car to see the sharks. I told my brother that Joran and the little girl were kissing and that they probably would not leave the car.

Well, there are Fishermen Huts at Arashi and Joran's statement of May 31 does have the addendum about going in the water....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.