March 29, 2024, 01:17:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #757 6/8 - 6/14/08  (Read 309441 times)
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2008, 09:00:04 PM »

AHATA’s CEO Rob Smith give positive results      
Monday, 09 June 2008

Last week, the Aruba Tourism and Hotel Association (AHATA) held a very informative and positive meeting for members of the press and executives in the tourism sector. The event was held at Mr. Jazz in the Paseo Herencia Mall and sponsored by Caribbean Mercantile Bank. 
AHATA’s CEO Rob Smith led the meeting giving a positive presentation including recent tourism statistics and results as well as future projections referencing the economic situation in the USA as 70% of Aruba’s visitors are from USA.

The current cutbacks recently announced by American Airlines was also explained by Smith. He stated that any decrease in airlift to Aruba, even as slight as it is for Aruba compared to other Caribbean destinations will affect the island, but it will not be a devastating situation as other carriers can fill the transportation schedule to Aruba.
 Good news is that on May 29, 2008, Aruba received an 'A'long term and an 'A-2'short term rating.  Aruba's per capita GDP exceeded 25K in 2007 compared to 17K in 1997. 47% increase. The Tourism Sector has demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to external conditions
Smith took this opportunity to explain the recent restructuring of tourism professionals in AHATA: Rob Smith -President & CEO, Sanju Luidens-Daryanani -Director of Destination Marketing, Nathaly Wouters -Manager Revenue Development Finance & Administration, Sherry Bidgood-Flanegin-Project Manager E-Commerce, Doreen Boekhoudt -Director of Membership, PR and Communication, Anky Bruin -Office Manager, Ayerim Maduro -Meetings & Events Services Coordinator, colleen Lessard-NA Leisure Sales Manager, Adwina Arends -COOP Advertising Manager ATA/AHATA, Pim Geerdink -Trainee, StendenUniversity
2008 BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Officers of the Board: Ewald Biemans -Bucuti -Chairman, Alex Nieuwmeyer -DiviResorts -1stVice Chairman, Warren Stanley -Atlantis -2ndVice Chairman, Javier Wolter -Caribbean Mercantile Bank -Treasurer, Lisette Malmberg -De Palm Tours -Secretary
2008 BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Directors: Eduardo de Veer -Renaissance Aruba, Joe Najjar -La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club, Rick Zeolla -Aruba Marriott Resort, Guillermo Valencia -Holiday Inn SunSpreeResort, Gary Jutz -Radisson Aruba Resort & Spa, Andres Pichardo-Occidental Grand Aruba, Matt Balcik -Westin Aruba,  Peter Steinmetz -Aruba Airport Authority.
The event concluded with an additional announcement of the retirement of CMB President Bill Carson and the promotion of Javier Wolters to take over his position. Carson is a long time friend of Aruba and although he and his wife Joy will be retiring in Florida, their son Justin will continue to reside on the island.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:06:52 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2008, 09:05:36 PM »

Thank you Buckeye.

Joran, Deepak and Satish all declared in their May 31, 2005 statements that they drove to the lighthouse with Natalee but ... all three stories differ in regards to why they never got out.

No cross examination by interrogators from the getgo.

Janet

+++++++

Joran van der Sloot
Witness Statement
May 31, 2005

The girl then had told me that she wanted to go to the North Coast to see sharks. I had told her that there were no sharks to be seen at the North Coast. She answered that there were sharks there and that she had seen them already. We decided to drive into that direction then. We had driven to the "Lighthouse".  On the way there the girl had asked us where we were taking her. She further told us to bring her to the Holiday Inn because the next day she would have to travel back to the United States. We drove past the Lighthouse and after that to the Holiday Inn Hotel.

Deepak Kalpoe
Witness Statement
May 31, 2005

I drove at the request of the girl in the direction of the Lighthouse, because the girl wanted to see it. After we drove up along side the Lighthouse, I returned to the Sasakiweg (main road?). Joran told me that the girl had fallen asleep.

Satish Kalpoe
Witness Statement
May 31, 2005

In the car, the white blonde said girl said to Joran that they should go to the North side of Aruba to see sharks. Deepak decided to drive to the North side of Aruba so that the girl could see sharks. I saw that when we were on the way to the Lighthouse, Joran was kissing and started fingering the girl. I could not hear what Joran and the girl said because the music in the car was very loud. When we arrived at the Lighthouse, I asked my brother if Joran and the girl would get out of the car to see the sharks. I told my brother that Joran and the little girl were kissing and that they probably would not leave the car.

Well, there are Fishermen Huts at Arashi and Joran's statement of May 31 does have the addendum about going in the water....

Considering Joran, Deepak and Satish declare in their respective May 31, 2005 statements that they did not get out of the vehicle at the Lighthouse ... "Natalee wanted to go back to the hotel." ... "Natalee and Joran were kissing." ... "Natalee was asleep" ... I tend to believe the addendum to Joran's May 31, 2005 statement was referring to the Marriot Beach.  I could be wrong.

Janet.

Proces Verbaal (PV-statement)

I, Shanira Baldrik Kelly, officer at the Korps Police Aruba, at the Recherche district 2, state the following:

On Tuesday May 31 2005 around 11:20 I, Kelly have interrogated J.A. VAN DER SLOOT.

During the interrogation I, KELLY, have asked the witness, who was in the company of his father if they had stopped somewhere before they dropped of the girl at the hotel.

The witness VAN DER SLOOT had told me that they, in the neighborhood of the Fisherman's huts had stopped briefly.

I, KELLY had further asked the witness VAN DER SLOOT if they had went in the water. The witness VAN DER SLOOT answered that he and the girl only had went into the water up to their feet. During me putting the statement on paper I KELLY, have forgotten to put this in the statement.

Of which I KELLY, made under oath of duty closed and signed on Bubali May 31 2005.

SB Kelly. (signed)

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2008, 09:06:02 PM »

Same article I posted a few days ago but in english. Confirmation that Valentijn will be headed to Emerson College in Boston.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2008, 09:29:11 PM »

Valentijn will be best served to keep a low profile while attending college in Boston.   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »

Valentijn will be best served to keep a low profile while attending college in Boston.   
Someone here noted that Emerson has a campus in The Netherlands -- I bet THAT is where he will be heading.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2008, 09:32:25 PM »

Janet

DEEPAK 6/11/2005 STATEMENT and ADDENDUM

“I had been driving on, in the direction of Arashi. When I arrived at Arashi I stopped the car on the asphalted section. I got out because I had to take a pee”

Sander June 16:

Joran said that they drove in the direction the "Lighthouse" and that the girl in the neighborhood of Arashi fell asleep. Joran said they turned around at the “Lighthouse”

Not sure I think they were at the beach...but if they were, I think Arashi....more secluded and known for nightime beach parties...
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2008, 09:36:34 PM »

Somebody will kill him, Paulus, IMHO.

I don't think he'll live to meet his roomie, dude.

You're all just as stupid as everyone thought you were... arrogant SOB too.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2008, 09:38:29 PM »

You got that right.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2008, 09:49:05 PM »

http://capslockwizard.spaces.live.com/photos/

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2008, 09:49:38 PM »

Nine kids in the graduating class and the top two are headed for the same college?  It sounds like ISA has a sweet deal with Emerson College.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2008, 09:55:30 PM »

Janet

DEEPAK 6/11/2005 STATEMENT and ADDENDUM

“I had been driving on, in the direction of Arashi. When I arrived at Arashi I stopped the car on the asphalted section. I got out because I had to take a pee”

Sander June 16:

Joran said that they drove in the direction the "Lighthouse" and that the girl in the neighborhood of Arashi fell asleep. Joran said they turned around at the “Lighthouse”

Not sure I think they were at the beach...but if they were, I think Arashi....more secluded and known for nightime beach parties...

I don't have a clue.

Joran changed his story later on to imply that they never drove to the Lighthouse but ... the Kalpoes maintain they did.  Other than Deepak's declaration which states he got out of the vehicle to relieve himself ... there is no indication that they ever got out of the vehicle.

EXCEPT!!!

The June 10, 2005 Confession that "Something bad happened" ...

Why was Natalee's family search for her at "the old stone lighthouse beside Arisha beach"?

Janet

+++++++++

Aruba Case Appears Stalled
ORANJESTAD, Aruba, June 12, 2005

Holloway's family rushed late Friday to an old stone lighthouse beside Arisha beach after Deputy Police Commissioner Gerold Dompig told The Associated Press that one of three young men in custody admitted that "something bad happened" to Holloway and was leading police to the scene of the alleged crime.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/10/national/main700829.shtml

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2008, 10:10:33 PM »

Monday, 09 June 2008

Last week, the Aruba Tourism and Hotel Association (AHATA) held a very informative and positive meeting for members of the press and executives in the tourism sector. The event was held at Mr. Jazz in the Paseo Herencia Mall and sponsored by Caribbean Mercantile Bank. 
AHATA’s CEO Rob Smith led the meeting giving a positive presentation including recent tourism statistics and results as well as future projections referencing the economic situation in the USA as 70% of Aruba’s visitors are from USA.

The current cutbacks recently announced by American Airlines was also explained by Smith. He stated that any decrease in airlift to Aruba, even as slight as it is for Aruba compared to other Caribbean destinations will affect the island, but it will not be a devastating situation as other carriers can fill the transportation schedule to Aruba.
 Good news is that on May 29, 2008, Aruba received an 'A'long term and an 'A-2'short term rating.  Aruba's per capita GDP exceeded 25K in 2007 compared to 17K in 1997. 47% increase. The Tourism Sector has demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to external conditions
Smith took this opportunity to explain the recent restructuring of tourism professionals in AHATA: Rob Smith -President & CEO, Sanju Luidens-Daryanani -Director of Destination Marketing, Nathaly Wouters -Manager Revenue Development Finance & Administration, Sherry Bidgood-Flanegin-Project Manager E-Commerce, Doreen Boekhoudt -Director of Membership, PR and Communication, Anky Bruin -Office Manager, Ayerim Maduro -Meetings & Events Services Coordinator, colleen Lessard-NA Leisure Sales Manager, Adwina Arends -COOP Advertising Manager ATA/AHATA, Pim Geerdink -Trainee, StendenUniversity
2008 BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Officers of the Board: Ewald Biemans -Bucuti -Chairman, Alex Nieuwmeyer -DiviResorts -1stVice Chairman, Warren Stanley -Atlantis -2ndVice Chairman, Javier Wolter -Caribbean Mercantile Bank -Treasurer, Lisette Malmberg -De Palm Tours -Secretary
2008 BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Directors: Eduardo de Veer -Renaissance Aruba, Joe Najjar -La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club, Rick Zeolla -Aruba Marriott Resort, Guillermo Valencia -Holiday Inn SunSpreeResort, Gary Jutz -Radisson Aruba Resort & Spa, Andres Pichardo-Occidental Grand Aruba, Matt Balcik -Westin Aruba,  Peter Steinmetz -Aruba Airport Authority.
The event concluded with an additional announcement of the retirement of CMB President Bill Carson and the promotion of Javier Wolters to take over his position. Carson is a long time friend of Aruba and although he and his wife Joy will be retiring in Florida, their son Justin will continue to reside on the island.

This guy is off his flippin' nut.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2008, 10:14:43 PM »

Awesome CAPS, thank you so much.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2008, 10:14:45 PM »

Monday, 09 June 2008

SNIP

Anybody here seen any airline companies adding flights lately? Did they miss the U.S. news reports that flight fares were going to double and triple in the coming months?   

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2008, 10:18:28 PM »

Monday, 09 June 2008

With the rates going up we are going to see that only those who have to fly will fly. Most will drive to the vacation destinations. This is actually good news for tourism in the U.S. as fewer people will be leaving the country for vacations.

Smith is just doing his Monty Python routine.

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »

Great pics! Thanks Caps, and Rob for posting the link.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »

these are NOT my images

++++++++++++++++

This IS MINE

+++

Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »

My first impression from looking at these photos?  Looks like a good place for kids to go hang out, park and neck (and other things) if you need a place away from public view.... is capslockwizard suggesting that this may be the actual location of where Nat was taken to begin with?

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »

Carpe, where they'll really get slammed is high season starting in November. People will be booking those flights in the coming months, or should I say WOULD HAVE BEEN  booking their flights.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2008, 10:25:59 PM »

Dayhiker,
don't thank Caps... thank me... he didn't share.. I did.

+++

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.