March 29, 2024, 05:44:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 182023 times)
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2008, 11:54:04 AM »

2NJsonsmom,

I loved the chicken joke. Sent it to lots of friends.

Muffee , so glad you put the report in the JonBenet Ramsey thread. I signed in to put it in as well.
I also hope this will finally give that poor family peace from all the speculation about them. JMHO

YW, Sam.  I thought it was clever and we all can use a chuckle.

I, too, thank Muffee for the Ramsey report...I also heard it on the news, tonight.  John Ramsey's lawyer said they hope that some day the murderer will be caught randomly, due to this DNA.  Hope so.

Congratulations 2NJ_Sons...Thanks!

Bringing Clinton's candles over here...Carolyn needs our prayers....

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CLINT

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2008, 12:39:09 PM »

2NJsonsmom,

I loved the chicken joke. Sent it to lots of friends.

Muffee , so glad you put the report in the JonBenet Ramsey thread. I signed in to put it in as well.
I also hope this will finally give that poor family peace from all the speculation about them. JMHO

YW, Sam.  I thought it was clever and we all can use a chuckle.

I, too, thank Muffee for the Ramsey report...I also heard it on the news, tonight.  John Ramsey's lawyer said they hope that some day the murderer will be caught randomly, due to this DNA.  Hope so.

Congratulations 2NJ_Sons and Nut...Thanks!

Bringing Clinton's candles over here...Carolyn needs our prayers....

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CLINT

Self edited...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2008, 06:25:50 PM »

You guys are going to think I've lost my mind, but I just got this in an e-mail and am sitting here blubbering. There is something about this touching story and video that makes me think that it's a little picture of what those incredible reunions in heaven are going to be! Of course, it's also possible that my hormones are out of whack. 

I wish I knew how to put the video here, but you'll get to it with this link.............check it out!

http://videos.komando.com:80/2008/06/26/christian-the-lion/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »

Tonight on Dana Pretzer:

www.scaredmonkeysradio.com

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2008, 08:49:01 PM »

You guys are going to think I've lost my mind, but I just got this in an e-mail and am sitting here blubbering. There is something about this touching story and video that makes me think that it's a little picture of what those incredible reunions in heaven are going to be! Of course, it's also possible that my hormones are out of whack. 

I wish I knew how to put the video here, but you'll get to it with this link.............check it out!

Thanks!  I cried too, that was wonderful!  Everyone should see this video!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »

I’ll bet you’ve never seen a pet like the one in this Video of the Day. In 1969, two friends, John Rendall and Ace Berg, purchased a lion. At the time, Christian the lion was a 35-pound cub. He had been born in a zoo. The friends raised Christian in their London home. All three hung out in a friend’s furniture shop on the weekends.

Within a year, Christian had grown to 185 lbs. Rendall and Berg realized they couldn’t keep him much longer. But they didn’t know what to do with him. A chance encounter changed that. Two actors from the film Born Free walked into the furniture store.

The actors recommended a conservationist, George Adamson, living in Kenya. Christian was soon in Africa. There he was rehabilitated and released into the wild.

In 1974, Rendall and Berg decided to visit Christian one last time. He was now a wild animal. Adamson told them it was doubtful that Christian could be found. No one had seen him in nine months.

The two flew to Kenya, anyway. On the day they landed, Christian appeared outside Adamson’s camp. Somehow, he knew. He waited outside the camp until Rendall and Berg arrived.

This video was taken during their reunion with Christian. What a story! What a video!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVNTdWbVBgc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/zVNTdWbVBgc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Thank You, Klaas! I added the story so that folks would know what they're looking at!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:04:01 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2008, 08:47:27 AM »

http://www.theyoungturks.com/story/2008/7/12/92628/4560/Diary/Kermit-D-Frog-Dead-at-45
Kermit D Frog, Dead at 45

07/12/2008 09:26:28 AM EST

"AP: Kermit D Frog ,Muppet and environmentalist, died Wensday from complications from global warming. He was 45. He was interred during a private ceremony at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC.

He is survived by Miss Piggy, Bert, Ernie ,Big Bird and 32,000 endangered tadpoles.

Read the rest at the link w/ photos...scroll down to see Miss Piggy's booby, lmaooo.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2008, 08:56:44 AM »

Klaas, I know you must be excited at getting the big stuff wrapped up!  The fireplace is beautiful.  The whole house is just gorgeous.  You've done a great job!

Nice view there!

WOW, I'll say! Very NICE Klaas! ENJOY!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »

Posted by Kippy in the Natalee thread this morning!

« Reply #256 on: Today at 11:17:25 AM »    Quote

Good morning monkeys!  This is OT but I need your help as I see some of you also post in the Missing Person thread.  Can anyone give me the names of some of the cases that involve internet preditors?  People that went missing becuase of their activities on the internet?  I have a 12 year old daughter and I just can't get my points across in her. I thought maybe I could "show" her the consequenses of bad actions.

If this post needs deleted or moved I understand.

Thanks.

Kippy…I think they caught this guy, as I recall finding an article about it, but didn’t post as the authorities were keeping her unidentified later because of her age. And here I am posting about this girl in hopes it helps some-one else…If I run across any more I will post them here...

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2206.0

Just a few examples out of a gazillion.....If you want to see a gazillion......then Google "Victims of Internet Predators".
http://www.pcsndreams.com/Pages/News_Archives.htm

Rape victim Alicia Kozakiewicz recounts terrifying Internet predator attack
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/tech/news/article_1366470.php/Rape_victim_Alicia_Kozakiewicz_recounts_terrifying_Internet_predator_attack

http://www.wickedlocal.com/swampscott/homepage/x809747312

How Internet Predators Select Their Victims
Internet predators seem to favor victims between the ages of 12-15
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Internet-Predators-Select-Their-Victims&id=125573

http://www.katiesplace.org/
Katiesplace.org: for Young Victims of Internet Sexual Exploitation

ALSO......please visit:
http://www.perverted-justice.com/
THIS IS A MUST READ SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:22:53 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2008, 01:02:25 AM »

If you haven't tried it, iGoogle has a home page that is really fun.   You can personalize it in a million different ways.   
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »

Klaas
When you get a chance. LOL  Like that will happen, but we have a few more mods to help you so maybe you would do this.  Please elaborate on all the wildfires out there in your area and why or how they get so out of hand.  Is the fire dept state run or are there local fire dept's that have to coordinate with all the others.  It is a county fire dept?  It seems that there are so many needed that any fire dept would quite large in all the different counties. I don't know much about why there are so many fires out there except that you have a lot of them and they are terrible at times.  If it's not fires the mudslides get you and if you survive them you get earthquakes.  Here in the South it's mainly just tornadoes. Thanks.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2008, 04:22:55 PM »

Klaas
When you get a chance. LOL  Like that will happen, but we have a few more mods to help you so maybe you would do this.  Please elaborate on all the wildfires out there in your area and why or how they get so out of hand.  Is the fire dept state run or are there local fire dept's that have to coordinate with all the others.  It is a county fire dept?  It seems that there are so many needed that any fire dept would quite large in all the different counties. I don't know much about why there are so many fires out there except that you have a lot of them and they are terrible at times.  If it's not fires the mudslides get you and if you survive them you get earthquakes.  Here in the South it's mainly just tornadoes. Thanks.

Most of the fires right now are in Northern California and I know little about them no more than what you know.  As far as fire departments, sometimes they are city fire departments and sometimes county, it just depends upon how your city is set up.  When there are so many, fire departments from all over the state and country assist. Yes, the burned areas will now be more prone to mudslides and floods.  It's possible they get out of hand because they are in forest/mountain area that is hard to reach?  I really don't know.

Keep in mind that right now if I didn't have a TV, I wouldn't know about the fires.  I can't see anything or smell anything they are that far away. 

As far as earthquakes go, I have lived in California my entire life.  I have never lived in a home that has had noticeable damage due to an earthquake.  The worst damage would be maybe some cracks in the concrete.  I've never had anything fall off the wall only shake.  I've also never had to evacuate for any reason fire, flood or otherwise. 
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2008, 07:59:26 PM »

Thanks for the info Klaas.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2008, 12:24:31 PM »

I’ll bet you’ve never seen a pet like the one in this Video of the Day. In 1969, two friends, John Rendall and Ace Berg, purchased a lion. At the time, Christian the lion was a 35-pound cub. He had been born in a zoo. The friends raised Christian in their London home. All three hung out in a friend’s furniture shop on the weekends.

Within a year, Christian had grown to 185 lbs. Rendall and Berg realized they couldn’t keep him much longer. But they didn’t know what to do with him. A chance encounter changed that. Two actors from the film Born Free walked into the furniture store.

The actors recommended a conservationist, George Adamson, living in Kenya. Christian was soon in Africa. There he was rehabilitated and released into the wild.

In 1974, Rendall and Berg decided to visit Christian one last time. He was now a wild animal. Adamson told them it was doubtful that Christian could be found. No one had seen him in nine months.

The two flew to Kenya, anyway. On the day they landed, Christian appeared outside Adamson’s camp. Somehow, he knew. He waited outside the camp until Rendall and Berg arrived.

This video was taken during their reunion with Christian. What a story! What a video!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zVNTdWbVBgc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/zVNTdWbVBgc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Thank You, Klaas! I added the story so that folks would know what they're looking at!

Thanks, CBB.  That is such a special story.  (and thank you, Klaas for the 'assist').   I was just at a candle lightiing ceremony last night for animals, and then word spread that CBB had posted a video about a lion.  Well worth the "hunt" for the video. 

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2008, 02:47:59 PM »

Klaas....I love your home....what a great job you have done with it....and love your flowers...!  Patio looks like a great place to have coffee in the morning...!   Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2008, 06:55:18 PM »

Ben & Jerry's makes `Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road'

Ben & Jerry's has done it again: Hoping to honor rocker Elton John before his first-ever Vermont performance, Vermont's crazy-cool confectioner has whipped up a flavor just for him — "Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road."

The limited-batch ice cream, made from "an outrageous symphony of decadent chocolate ice cream, peanut butter cookie dough, butter brickle and white chocolate chunks," is a take-off on his 1970s album and song "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road."

It will be available from July 18 to July 25 in the company's Vermont scoop shops, with proceeds going to the Elton John AIDS Foundation, officials said Tuesday.

It'll also be doled out in cups, cones and dishes at John's sold-out Champlain Valley Expo show Monday.

The Burlington-based ice cream maker — whose rock 'n' roll-themed products have honored late Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia ("Cherry Garcia") and Vermont-bred jam rockers Phish ("PhishFood") — wanted to toast John because he was finally getting around to playing the Green Mountain State.

He's performed in every other U.S. state.

"It's hard to cram 50 years of musical history that Elton John brings to the table in one pint," said Sean Greenwood, a spokesman for Ben & Jerry's Homemade Holdings Inc.

John collaborated, and has given his stamp of approval to the ice cream, even though he hasn't actually tasted it, Greenwood said.

"He said, `Chocolate and peanut butter, guys, if you can make something like that work,'" said Greenwood.

Tickets for the show — priced at $75 to $135 — are sold out.

http://www.optimum.net/News/AP/Article?articleId=438924

This made me think of Natalee, Brickel Bay, Shango, etc., even though totally unrelated.  That's why I put it here!!!   

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2008, 09:24:46 PM »

Klaas....I love your home....what a great job you have done with it....and love your flowers...!  Patio looks like a great place to have coffee in the morning...!   Mere

Hi Mere!  Thanks, glad you like it.  Thought you'ld like my flowers, LOLOL.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2008, 08:26:22 AM »

Finally got to see your "new home" Klaas.  I had a new hard drive put in my computer.

It looks wonderful.  You really worked hard on choosing just the right colors and textures to make it look like a great place to live and have company.  Congratulations!

I can't wait for the housewarming party!  I can understand your need to put it off, what with worry of banana peels all over the place.  Maybe in oh..well..about...... 50 years.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »

Finally got to see your "new home" Klaas.  I had a new hard drive put in my computer.

It looks wonderful.  You really worked hard on choosing just the right colors and textures to make it look like a great place to live and have company.  Congratulations!

I can't wait for the housewarming party!  I can understand your need to put it off, what with worry of banana peels all over the place.  Maybe in oh..well..about...... 50 years.

We are actually getting ready to work on the "back bedrooms" next week.  All we will be doing back there is having the ceilings scraped, painting and some electrical work.  Shouldn't take too long.  We are still in the process of putting things in their place.  Once everything is done I'll take some new photos and post them. 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2008, 03:40:25 PM »

We are actually getting ready to work on the "back bedrooms" next week.  All we will be doing back there is having the ceilings scraped, painting and some electrical work.  Shouldn't take too long.  We are still in the process of putting things in their place.  Once everything is done I'll take some new photos and post them. 

Looking forward to it.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.