April 18, 2024, 01:56:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 182788 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2008, 03:23:14 PM »

Glad to know you are safe Klaas & no damage to your newly remodeled home. Just a bit of rockin n rollin.

Yeah, it was fun actually.  Hope there's not alot of damage near the epicenter.  It really lasted a long time.
Klaas ~ so glad you're okay ~ hope our other CA monkeys are good, too.

Could you please (in all that free time you don't have  ) delete that stuff over in Caylee's thread . . . I posted there about the earthquake . . . exactly why I rarely post.  sigh.

I took care of it, tcumom....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2008, 03:24:38 PM »

Thanks 2NJ!

FYI - so far no reports of any measurable damage or injuries from the quake.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2008, 03:32:20 PM »

I took care of it, tcumom....

I really am out of it . . . didn't even notice you'd been promoted! 

Thanks for taking care of me!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:36:48 PM by klaasend » Logged
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »

good grief, I messed up even the quote stuff . . maybe you could fix it.  pretty please. 

I'm heading back over to Caylee's thread.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »

I hear about an earthquake in California and what do I do?  I run over here to see if Klaas is okay. LOL  I knew if anyone could tell us what was going on, that it would be you. Glad you are ok.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2008, 04:54:40 PM »

good grief, I messed up even the quote stuff . . maybe you could fix it.  pretty please. 

I'm heading back over to Caylee's thread.

I see Klaas fixed the quote for you....I get bumped off of the computer most days around 3:30 pm by DH, so I had to disappear for a bit.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2008, 07:16:49 PM »

TONIGHT ON DANA PRETZER:

The Dana Pretzer Show On Scared Monkeys Radio - Listen LIVE TONIGHT at 9PM
Eastern - Guests Include Drew Peterson, Joel Brodsky and Robin Sax

Dana delivers a huge show this week with the following guests and topics:

* Drew Peterson (husband of missing Stacy Ann Peterson) and his
attorney Joel Brodsky ask, “Is Len Wawczak Drew Peterson’s Mark
Fuhrman?” With the recent revelations regarding apparent undercover
recordings made of Drew Peterson, will the media’s coverage of this hurt
or help Drew Peterson?
    * Robin Sax, LA County District Attorney, will join us to analyze the
discussion immediately afterwards.

LISTEN LIVE TONIGHT - HERE - AT 9PM EASTERN

www.scaredmonkeysradio.com
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2008, 09:19:42 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,395276,00.html

Golden Retriever Adopts 3 Abandoned Tiger Cubs at Kansas Zoo
Thursday , July 31, 2008

CANEY, Kan. —

A dog at a southeast Kansas zoo has adopted three tiger cubs abandoned by their mother.

Safari Zoological Park owner Tom Harvey said the tiger cubs were born Sunday, but the mother had problems with them.

A day later, the mother stopped caring for them. Harvey said the cubs were wandering around, trying to find their birth mother, who wouldn't pay attention to them. That's when the cubs were put in the care of a golden retriever, Harvey said.

Harvey said it's unusual for dogs to care for tiger cubs, but it does happen. He said he has seen reports of pigs nursing cubs in China, and he actually got the golden retriever after his wife saw television accounts of dogs caring for tiger cubs.

Puppies take about the same amount of time as tiger cubs to develop, and Harvey said the adoptive mother just recently weaned her own puppies.

"The timing couldn't have been any better," he said.

The mother doesn't know the difference, Harvey said. He said the adopted mother licks, cleans and feeds the cubs.

The Safari Zoological Park is a licensed facility open since 1989 and specializes in endangered species.

It has leopards, lions, cougars, baboons, ring-tailed lemurs, bears and other animals. It currently has seven white tigers and two orange tigers.

Because whit tigers are inbred from the first specimen found more than a half-century ago, they are not as genetically stable as orange tigers.

The zoo's previous litter of white tiger cubs was born April 23, although one of the three has since gone to a private zoo near Oklahoma City.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2008, 08:24:15 PM »

Congrats to our newest Global Moderator Bearlyhere!  She joins a great group of moderators that have been a huge help to me keeping things running smoothly in the forum:

Global Moderators

San
Crazybabyborg
Blonde
2NJ
Nut44x4
Muffybee (been without internet for a while)
Mrs. Red (been too busy with her normal job - hasn't been around alot lately)
Bearlyhere (new as of today)

Adminstrators

Klaasend
Red
Dugga
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »

A friend sent this remarkable story about his wife to me today. I know you'll like it! My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started and she got her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.

Yesterday afternoon, she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting when she was forced to make an emergency landing in Southern Tennessee because of bad weather. Thank God our kids were with me at the Beach House this weekend.

The NTSB issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error: Tina was flying a single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating) while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating).

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.

Photograph below was taken at the scene and shows the extent of damage to her aircraft.

She was very lucky.

I don't care who you are, that's funny!!!!!

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2008, 12:06:18 PM »

Good one, Yapperz

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2008, 07:42:24 PM »

Congratulations to the new moderators:
Blonde, 2NJ, Nut, Muffy and Barely

Thanks for all the work and for doing a great job:
San
Crazybabyborg
Mrs. Red
Bearlyhere

and to the leaders of the pack:
Red
Dugga
Klaasend

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2008, 08:40:25 PM »

Thanks, Shell.  How is it going with the house/insurance, etc.?  My SIL/BIL are still battling with the insurance company over the amount since their house fire a year ago here in NJ.....they gutted the home and the roof is on, as far as I know.  They've been living elsewhere, but that's another insurance story.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »

The Quake Last Week

I was sitting on the floor in my hall organizing my file cabinets. The quake began. It started slowly - a few little movements, just as if a truck were going down the street. Then the earth began to bounce and then roll slowly.

I had absolutely no fear whatsoever and didn't think this quake was very significant. There have been at least 90 aftershocks and I have felt none of them.

Earthquake terminology: bouncers, rollers, shakers, up and downs.

My two cats ran to me and then ran into the closet.

Of course, every earthquake portends thoughts of "Is this the big one?" In the onset, it's difficult to tell where the quake is going until it gets going. I have experienced quakes in Southern California for over 50 years. I think I became an expert after the 1994 quake.

The 1994 Northridge quake was a huge one. It shook up and down for a long time. It was called a "thrust" movement. I was never so scared in my whole life and thought I was going to have a heart attack. My damage was two bottles of beer that fell out of the cabinet and broke. My daughter's damage was that the TV and opposite wall unit fell towards each other blocking the exit. The cat would not come out of the bathtub for two weeks. The dog clung to Kristi and trembled. For two weeks I slept in a sleeping bag by my front door on solid ground as three quarters of my apartment is above the parking area. I have a king sized waterbed (very, very heavy) and I have nightmares of an earthquake that will send my bedroom falling into the parking garage on top of the cars with the second floor collapsing on top of me. I would prolly drown in my waterbed.

I know what is possible. I hope I don't live long enough to experience the Big One.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2008, 10:03:42 PM »

Congrats to our newest Global Moderator Bearlyhere!  She joins a great group of moderators that have been a huge help to me keeping things running smoothly in the forum:

Global Moderators

San
Crazybabyborg
Blonde
2NJ
Nut44x4
Muffybee (been without internet for a while)
Mrs. Red (been too busy with her normal job - hasn't been around alot lately)
Bearlyhere (new as of today)

Adminstrators

Klaasend
Red
Dugga

Congrats Bearlyhere! And sincere thanks to all Administrators and Global Moderators for everything you do for us!  This is truly the BEST forum!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2008, 11:51:36 PM »

Thanks, Shell.  How is it going with the house/insurance, etc.?  My SIL/BIL are still battling with the insurance company over the amount since their house fire a year ago here in NJ.....they gutted the home and the roof is on, as far as I know.  They've been living elsewhere, but that's another insurance story.

It is not going well, I am sorry to say. We (supposedly) have plenty of coverage. Their cost estimate and the estimates we got are extremly different. Our adjuster is not settling this in a timely manner, he has lowballed us, and so far they have not met their contractual obligation. Everyone that knows the facts is baffled as to why they are being this way. October 22 is the 1 year mark. If they don't settle this fairly, and soon, we have to take the next step. We just want what is rightfully ours and to get on with our life.The bottom line is, as a rule the insurance company does not give a rats behind about the people. Money is their bottom line. I am very upset about it all, and I sympathize with your SIL/BIL situation.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2008, 09:14:18 AM »

Shell ~  I'm sorry to see you are still struggling with not only the catastrophe of the loss/damages to  your home, but on top of it, having to duke it out with the insurance company.  After reading your posts, my DH and I have gone to our insurance company and made changes.  We discussed what the true cost of rebuilding our home would be.  There was an initial appraised value, but we found to rebuild this home would cost a lot more.  I hope I never have to go through what you are.  You paid your premiums in good faith and expected to be compensated fairly.  What a nightmare for you!  Please let us know how this progresses.  Monkey hugs to you, Shell.  (((hugs)))

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2008, 10:19:50 AM »

We were hit with a bad storm last night, just following my last post around 7pm on the Caylee Marie Anthony thread.  We didn't have power for hours and when they changed the original time of restored power from midnight to 6am, we went to bed.  Son said it finally did come back between 1am-2am.  Lightning brought down wires at the end of our street, but when the crew left around 10pm, power was still out in other sections, so I'm assuming they were all linked in a grid, or whatever.  We don't have a generator, so it gets pretty frustrating when these things happen.

Shell, I agree with MuffyBee and am sorry you are getting the run around.  Although the circumstances of your fire & my BIL/SIL's are different, the insurance performance is the same.  I do hope it works out for you and please do keep us informed.  You have enlightened us to things we don't think of and are not prepared for, should the moment arise. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2008, 07:00:01 PM »

Shell ~  I'm sorry to see you are still struggling with not only the catastrophe of the loss/damages to  your home, but on top of it, having to duke it out with the insurance company.  After reading your posts, my DH and I have gone to our insurance company and made changes.  We discussed what the true cost of rebuilding our home would be.  There was an initial appraised value, but we found to rebuild this home would cost a lot more.  I hope I never have to go through what you are.  You paid your premiums in good faith and expected to be compensated fairly.  What a nightmare for you!  Please let us know how this progresses.  Monkey hugs to you, Shell.  (((hugs)))

Muffy,
A few of the insurance companys have been the "good guys" and done the right thing. Tops on the good guys list is AAA. There are others, but I want to be sure of who they are before I post the company names. Also, some of the companys who were good during the 03 fires are not being so good this time around. And some who were bad during the '03 fires have cleaned up their act for the '07 fires. It is also a good idea to google a particular company and type in their name and complaints, or the name and bad faith. Having a policy that says you have ample coverage, and actually getting that amount in the event of a disaster, in reality might very well not happen. However, in the event they breach their contract, a properly insured person would have leverage if it goes to court.

(((Hugs back at ya!)))

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2008, 07:09:37 PM »

2NJ-Isn't it aweful when the power goes out. I don't know what to do with myself when it happens at night. Sleep sounds like the best thing to do. Although, if the air goes out and you have heat and humidity, it makes it hard to sleep.

I will for sure keep you posted on the insurance thing and you do the same. Sounds like the BIL/SIL are in the same predicament.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.