April 19, 2024, 08:02:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 182813 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2008, 09:16:11 PM »

CBB you are allowed to write a letter of explanation & request it be attached to your credit report.
Honest creditors will take the circumstances into account.

Yap - I saw this and thought about you, LOL 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2008, 09:17:56 PM »

I was looking for a "pigs fly" animation and found this one too, it really cracks me up, LOL 

Also found this frog although not as handsome as Kermit:

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2008, 09:28:46 PM »

I don't know where to post this, but maybe here is ok. I just need a sounding board, and you guys have a lot of sense, so "muse" this with me, OK? 

Long story but: My ex-husband filed bankruptcy. I've had a Chase Credit Card since 1989. The balance was a $20.00 credit. After he filed, a different, additional Chase account appeared on my Credit Report with a $22,000.00 balance. I have Credit Reports dating back to 2004, and that account has never been on it.

The calls started from Chase Collections, informing me, and obnoxiously threatening me that I was now responsible for the balance. I was told that the reason it hadn't appeared on my Credit Report in the past is because he was the primary card holder, but I was now responsible. I was told they had done an investigation, and I had signed the application. I was told to send just a small payment, I was threatened with legal action, and harassed up to 8 times a day with calls. This began in April.

I responded in writing that according to the Federal Trade Commission, a credit card grantor MUST report under any party's SS#, who is monetarily and legally responsible for a credit account, to that party's Credit Report. A Joint Account would be reported under both names. An authorized user is not responsible for unpaid balances and the card company MAY report under the SS# of an authorized user or may not. I cited the source (Federal Trade Commission), and included my Credit Reports from 2004 until present (a total of 6 reports). I was also able to obtain my ex's Credit Report from him that listed the account as INDIVIDUAL for him. I also insisted the calls to stop immediately and that any contact be made in writing.

It did no good at all. The calls continued, the threats continued, and I sent a second, STRONGLY worded correspondence and copied it to my lawyer, who sent them a cease and desist letter. It did no good at all. He sent a second one, to no avail. I would go to bed, and be so enraged, I couldn't sleep. I'd get a call in the morning and be unable to focus at work. I may have lived a charmed life, but I'm simply unaccustomed to being talked to like a dog and threatened with loosing everything I've struggled to hang onto. One, particularly nasty call, ended with this bitch from Chase telling me that I could expect to pay the consequences through my credit if I intended to continue to ignore the account balance, and I responded that I had no intention of paying for an account that wasn't mine. She spit, "Oh, we'll see and have a nice day." The very next day, my credit report changed to add my son on the account as joint with me.

I started calling them, at that point, and my hair started coming out in clumps. My doc thought it was probably a thyroid thing but the tests were negative. My shower stopped up and backed up water ruined the wood floors in the hall behind it. The plumber said someone had thrown a wig down the drain. It was my hair, and I have bald spots.

Chase removed my son from the report, but began reporting the account as mine and listed it as the subject of bankruptcy! Every Credit Card and account I had immediately closed at "grantors request".

I finally sent all the correspondence, my credit reports, along with a narrative, to the Comptroller of Currency and my State Attorney General. Within 48 hours, a representative from the executive office of Chase in Chicago called to cheerfully say that I had never been anything but an authorized user on the account, and that it might take up to 7 weeks to show the account removed from my Credit Report, and have a nice day!!!! They had NO explanation for what I had been through, NO explanation why they were suddenly paying attention to the exact information I was supplying each and every caller, and NO way to restore the accounts that closed due to their false reports.

I am livid!!! I keep thinking about people who don't keep tangible records, or whose life experience hasn't taught them to be tenacious, or people who simply never consider that fighting against a giant such as Chase could have a positive result.

Did you all know that when you sign a Credit Card application (which I did not), that you waive your right to sue? You agree that if there is a dispute, it will go to mediation and that the amount of settlement will not exceed the balance of the account? It's in the fine print. I want them to regret their tactics. I want to change their tactics, I want them to feel as intimidated as they made me feel. I want them to loose sleep and smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and not be able to work. I want them to treat people with courtesy and decency and respect.

I hate people who sue at nothing and I do not think the world owes me a thing. I'm not a person who feels "entitled". Maybe it's best to just suck it up and let it fade away. Anyway, I'd appreciate your thoughts, and it's ok, whatever your opinion and perspective is. If I didn't value what you guys have to say, I wouldn't have asked. TIA!

CBB,
You can legally take your ex to court and sue him for reimbursement. If your divorce decree states he is to pay this bill, you are entitled to reimbursement. Take him to small claims court depending on what the limit is in your state.

Then copy all your correspondence and write a letter similar to what you explained and send it to the State DA's office of your state.

Don't walk away, you've done a great job so far correcting what they have done.

And write the President/CEO of Chase and request a letter of explanation/apology for the wrong they did so that you can send that to your other creditors that were impacted by Chase's illegal credit procedures.

If that doesn't work, sue Chase for all damages + pain/sufferage (your hair loss/loss of sleep etc)
They'll settle out of court. Find an attorney who will take your case on contingency - that way he/she will work for their money.

And know that you are a good person, you did the right thing. Just be happy, don't let anyone steal your joy!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2008, 09:30:09 PM »

Heh heh Ms. Klassend said handsome!

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2008, 10:54:28 PM »

CBB-I am proud of you for sticking up for what is right. Stress is so hard on a person and I am sorry you had to go through that.

We returned a leased car and then got a bill for thousands, saying a lot of things were wrong with the car. One of them was the battery, and we had a receipt for a new battery that was just put in a few months prior. They also said the car would not drive and gave us a written receipt for it (now considering we drove it to a spot in a line where cars were being dropped off, I would like to know how they thought we got the car returned.) We got an attorney and it took over a year to get it all worked out. We were not going to pay for things we knew were not wrong with the car and it was next to perfect when we returned it. Anyhow, it stayed on our credit report for a long time, in fact it might still be on it. Even though they were the ones at fault. Every time we apply for anything, we have to explain what the situation was.

I have heard that Chase is one of the worst for harrassing people. It is not fair, and it is not right. 

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2008, 06:07:55 PM »

TONIGHT ON DANA PRETZER:

yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2008, 10:02:41 PM »

Too cute Klaas.

Hope these work, if not you can follow the link LOL:

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2008, 09:35:15 AM »

Comedian Bernie Mac dies at age 50

Comedian Bernie Mac died early Saturday in a Chicago-area hospital from complications due to pneumonia, his publicist told CNN. He was 50. Publicist Danica Smith did not provide additional details, and asked that his family's privacy be respected.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2008, 11:06:42 AM »

Comedian Bernie Mac died early Saturday in a Chicago-area hospital from complications due to pneumonia, his publicist told CNN. He was 50. Publicist Danica Smith did not provide additional details, and asked that his family's privacy be respected.

He also had sarcoidosis which I'm sure was a contributing factor.  Very sad, he was way too young to die:

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/triage/2008/08/bernie-mac-had.html

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2008, 10:47:08 PM »

He also had sarcoidosis which I'm sure was a contributing factor.  Very sad, he was way too young to die:

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/triage/2008/08/bernie-mac-had.html
Yes...very sad.  This a People article that I found.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20218110,00.html

Bernie Mac's Death: What Happened?
By Hilary Shenfeld and Ivory Jeff Clinton

Originally posted Saturday August 09, 2008 07:00 PM EDT
Bernie Mac

Photo by: Robert Pitts / Landov 

Bernie Mac’s wife and daughter were with him until the very end, says the late comic's sister-in-law in a personal and touching interview with PEOPLE that took place Saturday.

Speaking of a heartbreaking moment between her younger sister, Rhonda, and the 50-year-old actor-comedian – who succumbed to complications from pneumonia in a Chicago hospital at 2 a.m. Saturday – Mary Ann Grossett says that the night before Mac died, "He struggled for his life. He couldn't breathe.

"He opened his eyes on his own and looked at Rhonda. She called his name, and he opened his eyes and nodded to her. She smiled at him and told him, 'Don't leave me … 'I'm waiting for you to come back.' He shrugged his shoulders, and she said that's when she knew he was tired. He signaled to her that his body was tired."

Rhonda, Mac’s wife since 1977, and their 30-year-old daughter, Je'Niece, 30, were with him when he died. "[The doctors] were working on him," says Grossett. "They tried to resuscitate him two times. One time he came back for about an hour. Then he went into cardiac arrest the second time."

Prior to that, the couple had last communicated on July 31. "He told his wife [non-verbally] that he could breathe on his own, and he wanted the ventilator out. He motioned that he wanted it out," says Grossett.

Lung Disease Contributed
The sister-in-law says Mac's inflammatory lung disease contributed to his death. "He had sarcoidosis, but it was in remission," she says. "But because he had it, his immune system was compromised. He had an infection ... He was on a new medication that suppresses the immune system, and that's where the pneumonia came from."

She reveals that Mac – having trouble breathing and running a fever – was actually hospitalized on July 24, eight days before the date given for his admittance. The actor was diagnosed with pneumonia and immediately placed on a ventilator.

"He was critically ill when he was in the hospital," says Gossett. "He was in intensive care the whole time."

She adds that doctors kept the star sedated, although he was conscious at times and he contracted a second strain of pneumonia while in the hospital.

His Wife's Reaction
Of her widowed sibling (like Mac, Rhonda is 50), Grossett says, "She’s devastated. However, she's at peace about his transition because of her faith in God. Her faith is what is sustaining her."

She says of the couple's enduring union, "They had 30 years of marriage. That's unprecedented in today's time, particularly for celebrities. That brings joy to her. They loved each other and respected each other on a daily basis. She was by his side to the very end."

Recalling the couple's early years, when they were still in their teens, Grossett says, "When they started dating, he said, 'Girl, you better come on board this train, because I'm going to be rich.' And her response was, 'Okay,' and they were married. That's how he charmed her, with his sense of humor."

She adds, "When they got married they were kids. He was 20 and she was 19. They both grew up together, and they both matured in this marriage.

'She's Going to Miss Him Dearly'
"What she will treasure the most is the fact that she was his wife for 30 years – and not only was she his wife, but she was his best friend. She's going to miss him dearly."

Mac’s funeral is scheduled for Friday, Aug. 15, at an undisclosed location. The family requests that donations be made to the Bernie Mac Foundation for Sarcoidosis, 40 E. Ninth St., Suite 601, Chicago IL 60605.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: August 10, 2008, 09:57:44 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,401044,00.html

Spanish Sweetshop Owner Finds Homer Simpson Euro
Sunday , August 10, 2008

MADRID —

A Spanish sweetshop owner was counting cash in his till in the city of Aviles when he came across a coin bearing the likeness of Homer Simpson instead of Spanish King Juan Carlos, Reuters reported.

"The coin must have been done by a professional, the work is impressive," Jose Martinez told Reuters.

The carver didn't touch the other side of the one euro coin, displaying the map of Europe, Reuters reported.

"I've been offered 20 euros for it," Martinez said.

Reuters reported no other coins bearing the likeness of Simpson have been found in circulation.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: August 10, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »

doh! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2008, 08:42:48 PM »

For the Stargazers…We were camped right on the beach at McCloud’s Beach,  Nova Scotia and it was like the 4th. of July, absolutely amazing show of Nature…been chasing them ever since.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/22jul_perseiddawn.htm

The 2008 Perseid Meteor Shower
The 2008 Perseid meteor shower peaks on August 12th and it should be a good show.
"The time to look is during the dark hours before dawn on Tuesday, August 12th," says Bill Cooke of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "There should be plenty of meteors--perhaps one or two every minute."

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2008, 09:49:33 PM »

For the Stargazers…We were camped right on the beach at McCloud’s Beach,  Nova Scotia and it was like the 4th. of July, absolutely amazing show of Nature…been chasing them ever since.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/22jul_perseiddawn.htm

The 2008 Perseid Meteor Shower
The 2008 Perseid meteor shower peaks on August 12th and it should be a good show.
"The time to look is during the dark hours before dawn on Tuesday, August 12th," says Bill Cooke of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office at the Marshall Space Flight Center. "There should be plenty of meteors--perhaps one or two every minute."

Wake me up at 1:30am    Seriously, this sounds cool, but it's been stormy here, off and on the past couple of days...may not be clear enough at 2am....thanks, Mum.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2008, 07:38:01 AM »

Missing Rice Student Matthew Wilson found safe.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2471.160

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #255 on: August 15, 2008, 02:34:13 PM »

The Dana Pretzer Show On Scared Monkeys Radio - Listen LIVE TONIGHT - Dana Welcomes Author Dr. Larry A. Morris, and Cindy Anthony, Grandmother of Missing Caylee Anthony

This week, Dana welcomes:

* Larry A. Morris, Ph.D. author of the new book, Dangerous Women: Why Mothers, Daughters and Sisters Become Stalkers, Molesters and Murderers.
    * Cindy Anthony, grandmother to missing Caylee Anthony discussing Caylee’s disappearance.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: August 15, 2008, 11:42:01 PM »

Larry Garrison was "On the Record" tonight 

<a href="http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=e04KWMYDGM8loiHm&amp;service=sendables.jibjab.com" target="_blank">http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=e04KWMYDGM8loiHm&amp;service=sendables.jibjab.com</a>
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #257 on: August 16, 2008, 12:39:05 AM »

...good one Klaas!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: August 16, 2008, 07:08:55 AM »

Not fair!  I had to watch this with a sleeping child who is sick laying next to me.  I almost bust a gut trying to be quiet and not make the bed bounce.

colors              

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: August 16, 2008, 05:49:14 PM »

Cubbee, we're getting into Nola about 10:30. The only plans I have are an evening graveyard tour with Bloody Mary. I'll be at the Best Western St. Charles. Seriously, let me know if you'd like to meet somewhere and I'd be thrilled to do that. Not too far though please. We're not renting a car. I was told not to, that NOLA is insane on Halloween. I'm skeeered.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.