April 26, 2024, 01:22:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 182969 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: August 16, 2008, 06:35:36 PM »

Cubbee, we're getting into Nola about 10:30. The only plans I have are an evening graveyard tour with Bloody Mary. I'll be at the Best Western St. Charles. Seriously, let me know if you'd like to meet somewhere and I'd be thrilled to do that. Not too far though please. We're not renting a car. I was told not to, that NOLA is insane on Halloween. I'm skeeered.

Nawlins is a blast on Halloweeen and my friends went on the Halloweeen cruise last year and had a great time. I will try to come down and meet you, but I will have to wait til it gets a bit closer to the time to be sure my schedule can be cleared. Don't be skeered!!! I will do everything I can to try to make it down to meet you!!

Sorry this took so long to reply.... I was locked out.....AGAIN!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »

Cubbee, we're getting into Nola about 10:30. The only plans I have are an evening graveyard tour with Bloody Mary. I'll be at the Best Western St. Charles. Seriously, let me know if you'd like to meet somewhere and I'd be thrilled to do that. Not too far though please. We're not renting a car. I was told not to, that NOLA is insane on Halloween. I'm skeeered.

Nawlins is a blast on Halloweeen and my friends went on the Halloweeen cruise last year and had a great time. I will try to come down and meet you, but I will have to wait til it gets a bit closer to the time to be sure my schedule can be cleared. Don't be skeered!!! I will do everything I can to try to make it down to meet you!!

Sorry this took so long to reply.... I was locked out.....AGAIN!!!!

Woo Hoo! You made my day. email me with your email and I'll get in touch with you as we get closer. mrskub@hotmail.com. I'll give you my regular email then. Thanks luv. I'm really looking forward to this. I've been on 18 cruises so far but never the Fantasy and never been to NOLA.

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #262 on: August 16, 2008, 07:22:35 PM »

I'd be scared too.....with a tour guide named Bloody Mary 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: August 16, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »

mrskub if you are talking about CCL's  Fantasy, I have been on it 6 times. I loved the ship & the crew was great. Wish they would bring it back to Port Canaveral.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: August 17, 2008, 05:22:03 AM »

Yapperz, I've heard that you and I have quite a bit in common. LOL! I love to cook as well as sail.

I've only sailed Carnival a couple of times. Princess is actually my favorite and where the majority of my cruises are. I am looking forward to the Fantasy. She's in drydock right before we sail so it will be like a brand new ship. I like the size, too. The Caribbean Princess wore me out with all the walking from 1 place to another.

I wish I could have done a pre-cruise stay in NOLA but it wasn't possible with DH's work schedule. I'm flying in early the day before we sail and leaving upon debarkation.

We're doing the Western Caribbean (again). I've actually done this several times. We only booked this one to sail with some friends of ours. I may not even get off the ship in Progresso. Nothing much interests me there. I've had my fill of the ruins. In Cozumel, we booked an all inclusive at Nachi Cocom. The rest will be relaxation.

Any tips or hints Yapperz?

Nut, I am terrified about this tour. I'm not joking. This spooky stuff scares the beejeebers outta me. I am packing a depends, a cross and garlic. I should be covered, ya think?

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »

mrskub, we have never been to Progresso but have seen alll the ruins I want to see too.
I highly recommend the turkey & dressing & the sundried tomato bread LOL To me the sunrise is the best part of a Caribbean cruise. Gorgeous!!
There was a restaurant in Cozumel on the back side of main street headed toward the beach that is to die for. Authentic Mexican not TexMex.
The taxi drivers are idiots LOL so be careful.

ARUBA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: August 18, 2008, 05:10:25 AM »

Yapperz, I've heard that you and I have quite a bit in common. LOL! I love to cook as well as sail.

I've only sailed Carnival a couple of times. Princess is actually my favorite and where the majority of my cruises are. I am looking forward to the Fantasy. She's in drydock right before we sail so it will be like a brand new ship. I like the size, too. The Caribbean Princess wore me out with all the walking from 1 place to another.

I wish I could have done a pre-cruise stay in NOLA but it wasn't possible with DH's work schedule. I'm flying in early the day before we sail and leaving upon debarkation.

We're doing the Western Caribbean (again). I've actually done this several times. We only booked this one to sail with some friends of ours. I may not even get off the ship in Progresso. Nothing much interests me there. I've had my fill of the ruins. In Cozumel, we booked an all inclusive at Nachi Cocom. The rest will be relaxation.

Nut, I am terrified about this tour. I'm not joking. This spooky stuff scares the beejeebers outta me. I am packing a depends, a cross and garlic. I should be covered, ya think?

What about a wooden stake?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #267 on: August 18, 2008, 07:01:27 AM »

mrskub, we have never been to Progresso but have seen alll the ruins I want to see too.
I highly recommend the turkey & dressing & the sundried tomato bread LOL To me the sunrise is the best part of a Caribbean cruise. Gorgeous!!
There was a restaurant in Cozumel on the back side of main street headed toward the beach that is to die for. Authentic Mexican not TexMex.
The taxi drivers are idiots LOL so be careful.

Yapperz, Would that Coz restaurant be Poncho's Backyard?

Progresso is the replacement stop for Costa Maya after the hurricane destruction. It really doesn't have much there except the ruins. There's also a pier that is so long, you have to take shuttle buses to get to the end of it. Rumor has it that Costa Maya may possibly be ready by the time we sail, so there could be an itinerary change as Costa was the original destination.

OMG, the taxi drivers are worse than any place I have ever been. My first cruise there, our driver hit a cat in the road while doing 100 mph, and didn't even stop. I was sick to my stomach all day. When we finally stopped to eat, we we went to Carlos & Charlies. Honest to heavens, the menu has "moo, oink & peep" as a meal. I had cat flashbacks and couldn't eat after I saw that. And did you know that milk is almost impossible to get in Mexico? They serve their coffee with canned milk. It's a taste I cannot explain and don't ever want to experience again.

Thanks for the heads up on the turkey & dressing. I will make sure to try it.

BTW, I heard on a cruise site I belong to, that Carnival may be moving the Fantasy to Mobile in 2009. Wonder what will take her place in NOLA?

mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: August 18, 2008, 07:07:31 AM »

Bearly, you can't imagine how scary this is to me. Spirits and spooks on Halloween, in a graveyard, at night may just push me over the brink! Here's a short video clip of this "Bloody Mary".

http://go.rtm.com/thesmartshow/video.asp?VideoID=364&category=9&sort=2

mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: August 18, 2008, 07:08:56 AM »

Ooops, wrong link

http://thesmartshow.blip.tv/episodes/?id=459750

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2008, 05:33:42 PM »

Bearly, you can't imagine how scary this is to me. Spirits and spooks on Halloween, in a graveyard, at night may just push me over the brink! Here's a short video clip of this "Bloody Mary".

http://go.rtm.com/thesmartshow/video.asp?VideoID=364&category=9&sort=2

It told me how to organize my presentations.  I did find it though.

I don't blame you for being scared, it was just the contents of your bag I was laughing at.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:36:22 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2008, 05:34:30 PM »

Now ya tell me.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2008, 08:07:33 PM »

TONIGHT!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2008, 09:15:56 PM »

mrskub, have been to Costa Maya & it was nice but nothing to write home about.
The restaurant was this one (I think, it has been about 5 years now)
http://www.islacozumel.net/food/plaza-leza/

ARUBA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2008, 09:53:54 PM »

GREAT SHOW DANA!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2008, 01:11:35 PM »

WAAAAAAAAAAA..... this is sooo sad 
Mourning gorilla holds on to body of her baby

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/weird_news/20080820_ap_mourninggorillaholdsontobodyofherbaby.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: August 21, 2008, 08:21:01 PM »

DANA PRETZER - TONIGHT

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: August 21, 2008, 08:21:26 PM »

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/weird_news/20080820_ap_mourninggorillaholdsontobodyofherbaby.html

It is soooo sad
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: August 22, 2008, 10:13:33 PM »

Whoa!  That sounds so sad, I don't think I even want to look.     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #279 on: August 23, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »

Good morning!  Oh alright, it's really afternoon. 

I can't look either.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.