April 26, 2024, 11:14:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 182967 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: September 15, 2008, 12:47:39 PM »

I just started a thread for this.  There are people in Texas that need assistance per TES

There are 2 ten story buildings in Houston that are housing the elderly with no electrity, food or water. These buildings have people with  all types of medical problems so medical attention is also needed.

They have asked US to do what we can to help these people.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3391.0
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2008, 08:12:29 PM »

Angie~
So glad to see you've posted.  I have been wondering for quite sometime how you were doing and such since your last posts. I'm so sorry to read all that has been going on with you and your family in the last months.
It's so exciting to hear about your daughter expecting again.    I will be holding her up in prayer. 
It'll be nice when you get to come back & post more, you sure have been missed.
Take care of yourself and good luck with the 911, hope it works out for you.   

Roos~

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: September 15, 2008, 09:48:10 PM »

I was just thinking about our poster Jerry from Ohio.  Jerry, it's been a while since you posted.  (just over a month)  It would be great to hear from you.  If you are out there and read this, please give us a holler back.  You are missed!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: September 16, 2008, 04:01:13 PM »

Hi Klaas,

For three years I have been thinking about taking a CERT class.. Community Emergency Response Team... it's part of the local FD and the American Corp where private citizens help each other.

May I share my experience with our Monkey Family under the Lounge Thread, and title it something like "'Older" Lady Taking CERT class and updates'"

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: September 16, 2008, 04:03:15 PM »

Angie and Other Good Monkeys,

Anyway we can take up a collection for oil and get ROBOTS back here???

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: September 16, 2008, 05:53:33 PM »

Hi Klaas,

For three years I have been thinking about taking a CERT class.. Community Emergency Response Team... it's part of the local FD and the American Corp where private citizens help each other.

May I share my experience with our Monkey Family under the Lounge Thread, and title it something like "'Older" Lady Taking CERT class and updates'"

IBE - you are sooooo awesome!  Yes, please do shar your experiences in the lounge.  Do you need me to start the thread for you?  You can title it anything you want 
MisterMichaelJ
Scared Monkey

Mikey's Father

« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2008, 11:05:50 PM »

MMJ loves HigherHopes, too.....super cute avitar pic...(i think..soo small I can hardly see it)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #327 on: September 16, 2008, 11:05:54 PM »

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #328 on: September 16, 2008, 11:06:52 PM »

Hey, I didn't even recognize you with the new avatar.
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: September 16, 2008, 11:07:03 PM »

MMJ loves HigherHopes, too.....super cute avitar pic...(i think..soo small I can hardly see it)
thank you......and yes I do ♥ mmj.....lol

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #330 on: September 16, 2008, 11:10:28 PM »

MMJ - you forgot about marymary?

Oh thank you MMJ, I needed that! How about you MaryMary?  Do you love MT?

MisterMichaelJ
Scared Monkey

Mikey's Father

« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2008, 11:11:43 PM »

OK, HigherHopes cutie pie lady person....it's MUTUAL!  Would you possibly have a larger KiloByte version of your avitar thingie pic?   Send it to  " mistermichaelj@hotmail.com "...then see if he responds! lol
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #332 on: September 16, 2008, 11:12:21 PM »

Hi HH, maybe MT will give you his email   
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: September 16, 2008, 11:13:53 PM »

OK, HigherHopes cutie pie lady person....it's MUTUAL!  Would you possibly have a larger KiloByte version of your avitar thingie pic?   Send it to  " mistermichaelj@hotmail.com "...then see if he responds! lol
Are u Kidding?????????????I hope your kidding lol......

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #334 on: September 17, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »

For Janet - Re: Doggie

Hi Janet

There are so many problems that can cause a dog to lose its appetite, that I don't even want to hazard a guess. I hope the vet can find out what is wrong with the poor thing. I know they stop eating when they have tummy problems, heart problems, kidney problems, etc. It's so difficult with older dogs too. Please let us know what you find out.

I Stand With The Girl
Gizmo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #335 on: September 17, 2008, 04:13:46 PM »

I don't know if it's a possibility where you live, but here in the mid-U.S. there were some recent warnings about a particular kind of blue-green algae in ponds/small lakes that was having a similar effect on dogs who drank from/swam in that water. In the local news article, they interviewed a couple of people whose dogs were made quite ill.  I have a soft spot for our canine friends, so couldn't resist passing this along. If the dog has been in contact with pond/lake water it might be worth mentioning to rule it out... If it's a remote possibility, I can try to locate the news article for further info...

I'm fairly new here at SM, we haven't visited yet, as I mostly lurk. Thank you for your insights and observations!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: September 17, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »

For Janet - Re: Doggie

Hi Janet

There are so many problems that can cause a dog to lose its appetite, that I don't even want to hazard a guess. I hope the vet can find out what is wrong with the poor thing. I know they stop eating when they have tummy problems, heart problems, kidney problems, etc. It's so difficult with older dogs too. Please let us know what you find out.

Thank you BT.

Considering Brandi is fifteen years old ... we were expecting at some point she would begin to show signs of slowing down.  However ... the happenings of the past three days were so sudden.  One day she is running all over the our property like a puppy chasing my hubby who is on the tractor mower.  That night she ate normally ... she loves eating.  The next day ... she appeared very lethargic ... not interested in even going for a walk.  She appeared to be thirsty because she would go to her bowl but ... then turn away.  Then there is her lack of appetite ... no food for two days.  We could not even entice her with "people" food.

The intervenus the vet gave her today does seems to have perked her up a bit but ... then again it could be that she is just so happy to be home.

Hopefully ... Xrays taken today will reveal the problem and ... hopefully the problem is not serious.

BT ... thank you for responding.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: September 17, 2008, 07:20:09 PM »

I don't know if it's a possibility where you live, but here in the mid-U.S. there were some recent warnings about a particular kind of blue-green algae in ponds/small lakes that was having a similar effect on dogs who drank from/swam in that water. In the local news article, they interviewed a couple of people whose dogs were made quite ill.  I have a soft spot for our canine friends, so couldn't resist passing this along. If the dog has been in contact with pond/lake water it might be worth mentioning to rule it out... If it's a remote possibility, I can try to locate the news article for further info...

I'm fairly new here at SM, we haven't visited yet, as I mostly lurk. Thank you for your insights and observations!

Gizmo ... thank you.

No stagnant water around but ... two days prior to Brandi experiencing these symptons rain was forcasted so my husband fertilized about an acre in lawn.  However ... he has done this several times over the years and ... Brandi has always had the run of the property ....

Gizmo ... I will provide an update on this thread tomorrow.  Brandi will be taken back to the pet hospital first thing tomorrow morning.  Hopefully ... the xrays taken today will reveal something.  Also ... if she does not eat or drink tonight ... she will require some fluids and nutrients by intervenus.

Hey ... maybe Brandi has caught some bug and ... it will pass.

Thanks again.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: September 17, 2008, 09:10:14 PM »

Janet.....I am praying for a speedy recovery......and  hope it's jsut a tummy bug....my best friend Riley, who I lost 2 years ago at age 15, had some dental problems and he would go through spells when he wouldn't eat or drink...make sure the VET checks the teeth and gums really good.....please keep us posted.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: September 17, 2008, 11:44:23 PM »

Janet.....I am praying for a speedy recovery......and  hope it's jsut a tummy bug....my best friend Riley, who I lost 2 years ago at age 15, had some dental problems and he would go through spells when he wouldn't eat or drink...make sure the VET checks the teeth and gums really good.....please keep us posted.

Sunny ... I am sorry about Riley.  After fifteen years our dogs become like members of the family.  Our son is quit upset.  Brandi was given to him when he was 10 years old and ... he spent one on one time with his dog every day until he go married a couple of years ago.  This my hubby and I took over.  Hubby spends a lot of time keeping up our property and ... Brandi has been his constant companion.

Brandi is still eating dried food and ... her teeth are checked every year when she has her checkup, deworming and shots.  Every month our son even brushes her teeth ... gives her a bath or ... takes her to a doggy salon for a bath.    However ... I will mention her teeth to the vet tomorrow.

I somehow think the problem could be a bug because of how suddenly Brandi lost her appetite and ... didn't even want to drink.  Anyways ... that is what I hope.

A bed of old blankets has been made up in the kitchen for her tonight.  This way I can easily check on her during the night.  Normally ... I would have to worry about her sneaking into the rest of the house but ... she is so weak she is wobbly on her legs when she got up a little while ago and ... whined at the door to be let out to do her thing.  Our son and DIL were still here so ... son actually carried her down and up the back stairs.

In the morning hubby and I will be taking Brandi back to the vet and ... hopefully he will have the results of the xrays.

Thank you Sunny.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.