April 24, 2024, 06:04:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 182916 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 09:32:24 PM »

I just made a massive post in the Peaches Rally thread in the Lounge for inquiring minds.

Tyler, I have been using a lot of that nice sage green and white as wel.  I also painted my dining room red.  I already had wallpaper below the chair rail that I really like so I just matched the darketst shade of red from one of the flowers and painted the walls above the chair rail this lovely red.  And what a fun room to decorate at Christmas time when the walls already have a head start!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »

Construction update - well sort of.  Just a bit more work on the fireplace and the interior doors:

My husband just stained the doors and that's why the blue tape.  They still need to be varnished.  Door on the left is to the master bedroom and the one of the right is the coat closet.  Actually, we now have all of our stereo equipment and dvd player etc in the coat closet.

This door is near my computer desk and goes to the hallway to the back bedrooms (where we are currently living):

Tomorrow hopefully they will finish the fireplace and finish touching up the baseboards and trim.  Carpet on Friday, yippee!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »

Looking good, Klaas.  I'm sure you can't wait until it's finished!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2008, 06:43:15 PM »

Looking good , do you use your fire place for heating at all in CA

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 06:49:53 PM »

Looking good , do you use your fire place for heating at all in CA

No, it's really just for looks 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 06:51:15 PM »

I just got this catalog in the mail today and cracked up when I saw these planters.    

http://catalogfavorites.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=D71104%20GER&GEN1=&SKW=planter&PageNo=1#zoom
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 07:09:36 PM »

OK...these t-shirts are funny too, LOLOL    Here is a sample, there are more at the link:

http://catalogfavorites.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=V8924+M
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 11:57:03 PM »

Your house looks great Klaas! 

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 12:04:56 AM »

Your house looks great Klaas! 

Thanks ******* - it's getting closer    Tomorrow they will finish the fireplace, I'll take more pictures then.  Friday the carpet gets installed and then we'll be back in business!!!  Will still have exterior work and some work to do in other areas but the main part will be done and we'll be back in our master bedroom and living room!!  I can't wait!
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 04:12:00 AM »

Klaas- Your house is shaping up nicely and looks very "Californian" as my MIL would say. Attractive color scheme, very fresh looking. It is great you quit smoking. Keep up the good work, you will feel so much better in a lot of ways. Oh, I had to laugh at you saying you have leather due to the shedding of the JRT's. My little one sheds a lot too. I did not know that about JRT's before I got one. Wouldn't trade her for the world, but keeping that white hair under control is a constant challenge. I have to use a pet(lint) roller to really get it all.

I have been in the hospital this week (heart). The doctor is going to treat what he found with medicine rather than surgery. That is good news. (I am going to see Jay Leno tomorrow night, looking forward to it, and surgery would not have fit into my plans.)   

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 05:12:57 AM »

Klaas, I enjoy seeing and reading about the updates of your house.  It really looks good.  I can't believe you quit smoking during all of that.  That's amazing.  Congratulations, quitting is tough, but you are much tougher.  I am glad you are feeling much better.  Do you feel any change due to quitting?

The t-shirts and planters are really cute.  I did go to the web page and see the others.  They cracked me up.

Shell, I am sorry to hear about your heart problem, but am encouraged that medicine can keep it under control.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Have fun seeing Jay Leno.  Please post all about it in the cage.  Thanks.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2008, 04:41:55 PM »

Wonderful Kat  TY  Jerry           
Inspirational little postcardy thoughts. It is very nice.
And, I thought of Jerry 'cause it has " Cowboy Wisdom " and a quote from Will Rogers

K
[/quote]

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2008, 09:11:19 PM »

Construction update.  FIREPLACE DONE!  

Carpet guy said he'd be here at 7am tomorrow!! 

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:13:30 PM by klaasend » Logged
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »

Klaas,

I LOVE that combination of colors.  The green, blue, pink pastels look great together. What color is your carpet going to be?  Is tomorrow when the construction hat comes off?

**You have email (with an attachment) from me.  I scanned it so it is safe. Thanks.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2008, 09:49:22 PM »

Construction update.  FIREPLACE DONE!  

Carpet guy said he'd be here at 7am tomorrow!! 

Oh WOW!!!!

Looks terrific klaas!!!!

Will be HUGE tomorrow when the carpet is installed!!!

Congrats..You've Come A Long Way Baby!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2008, 09:55:31 PM »

For Blonde who asked if we use fireplaces for heating in CA. Altho Klaas said they are just for looks, ask her again. 

Here in Southern California we have some very cold nights (the desert cold) and we DO use them for heat several days of the year. The rest of the time they are for looks and romance.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2008, 09:59:33 PM »

For Blonde who asked if we use fireplaces for heating in CA. Altho Klaas said they are just for looks, ask her again. 

Here in Southern California we have some very cold nights (the desert cold) and we DO use them for heat several days of the year. The rest of the time they are for looks and romance.

Hi Louise good to see you.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2008, 10:14:33 PM »

OK Monkeys...ready for the Race For The Cure update?

I don't know why it has taken me so long...just such an emotional experience, hard to put it into words!!! I have tried every day...but just couldn't!!

Awesome experience, just totally AWESOME!!! Not even a word in the dictionary to describe it. Really wasn't much of a race!!! lol There were over 60,000 people!!! Can you imagine? It was a record. Over 60,000 people!!! I wish I could show you what it looked like!!! My darned camera batteries were dead but manager took pics and I am still waiting for her to send them to me so I can share!!! There were just wall to wall people elbow to elbow from sidewalk...across the street to the other sidewalk!!! When you would hit a hill...you could see just THOUSANDS of people ahead and in front of you. People with cameras would try and slow to take a pic w/out getting trampled...not an easy feat!! lol So I could not really move at a pace other than what the crowd set!!! All that training and essentially I walked at a snail's pace...lol...but was told it was more "symbolic" and boy was it symbolic!!!

You never saw so much pink in your life!!! And there was some sort of entertainment about every half mile. There were bands, high school cheerleaders from local schools, one 1/2 mile mark had a big bubble machine so you ran....errr walked...lol...through tons of bubbles. On one 1/2 mark there was an Irish band and they had bagpipes. I almost lost it at that one!!! My Mom was Scottish and loved the bagpipes. To this day when I hear bagpipes I think of my Mom and just cry!! Love It!!! Felt my Mom with me every step of the way!!!

I had My Mom and Peaches and my girlfriend Darla who is also a survivor on my shirt...but some shirts were really done up with pics and all. I am going to do that next year. There were some really great slogans!!! Some of my favorites were : Big or Small...Save Them all!!!,
I LUV My Girls!!!  Save The TaTas...just too funny!!!

There were fat people, skinny people, old people, young people, people of every race, generation and culture coming together for a common goal. I don't ever remember feeling that empowered in my whole life!!! There were NO VICTIMS!!! Just "honorary members" like my Mom, Survivors, and the rest were just Warriors!!! I saw shirts that read "I AM The Cure"...how empowering is that??!!!

At the end of the Race...the finish line was a rainbow of pink balloons overhead and each Survivor received a pink rose. Oh my gosh Monkeys, I can not thank you enough for your generous support!!!

Peaches...it would have made you break down in tears of joy!!! I could not stop thinking of you and how empowered you became in your fight and I was so damned proud to wear your name on my shirt!!!! I raised $690.00. That is almost 10 free mammograms!!! How awesome!!! Thank you Peaches for supporting me and for letting me represent you in the race...it was a true honor!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2008, 10:14:58 PM »

Same here in Miami, Louise -- of course, 55 is a very cold night to us 

I would actually use the fireplace more, but it's difficult to find wood and the duralogs just aren't the same.

Good too see see you, Louise. 

Night Monkeys!
JUSTICE FOR NATALEE

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2008, 10:16:11 PM »

I just got this catalog in the mail today and cracked up when I saw these planters.    

http://catalogfavorites.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=D71104%20GER&GEN1=&SKW=planter&PageNo=1#zoom

That's too funny!  I have one of these - adorable.  Bought it last year at a local nursery.  Didn't know there were others... too cool.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.