March 28, 2024, 04:14:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 181963 times)
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #560 on: September 21, 2008, 06:01:52 PM »

Janet- how's your Brandi?

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #561 on: September 22, 2008, 05:31:38 PM »

TONIGHT AT 9PM ET:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: September 23, 2008, 04:04:27 PM »

Does any monkey remember "The Halloween Hangman Game" from last year?  It's time to play again...   
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2261.0

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: September 23, 2008, 10:34:31 PM »

To be successful in a business venture, you need to find something people need or want.  Look what one enterprising person thought of:

Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2008
Zingo gets you home safely when you can't
9/23/08
By Amy Hadley

When a man from Atlanta got in a drunk driving incident that was his fault and killed his friend, he survived and was granted a second chance.

With that chance he created a company called Zingo, which is now in Austin.

Zingo’s mission is to get its clients home safely, when they can’t do so themselves.

“We think one of the main reasons people drive home when they shouldn’t is because they want to have their car in the morning,” Charlie Goyer, of Zingo in Austin, said. “So, we offer a solution to that.”

Goyer’s friend is the founder of Zingo.
All one has to do is call (877) OK-ZINGO (659-4646), and a fully-insured driver will come to your destination on a collapsible scooter.

He or she will fold it, put it in a bag and places it in your car trunk. Then the Zingo driver will drive you home in your own car.

The scooter goes 30 miles per hour and weighs about 60 pounds.

Goyer said there are a few types of car trunks the scooter won’t fit in, but in those cases, Zingo has an interceptor car.
He said they see a lot of repeat customers and have had a great response.

“People love it, they get a kick out of the scooters,” Goyer said.

Goyer said Zingo should be in 17 cities within the next year.

For more information, check out Zingoaustin.com.

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=220389

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #564 on: September 25, 2008, 01:59:51 AM »

Texasmom how are the shelties? I used that picture last Halloween for Kiwi's friends (on your avatar) The real Kiwi is doing fine, almost 3 now. Were mostly in the Sports section now, come join us we could use a Texas team to root for.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #565 on: September 27, 2008, 11:20:27 AM »

Paul Newman has died at 83. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_newman

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #566 on: September 27, 2008, 11:27:54 AM »

Paul Newman has died at 83. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_newman

I just posted it in "News of the Day" too...so sad.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3557.new#new

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #567 on: September 27, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »

Yes, thank you....I saw that you had.  I always loved his work, and of course looking at him was a big part of it.   

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: September 27, 2008, 11:42:26 AM »

Texasmom how are the shelties? I used that picture last Halloween for Kiwi's friends (on your avatar) The real Kiwi is doing fine, almost 3 now. Were mostly in the Sports section now, come join us we could use a Texas team to root for.

Hi Kiwi!
The shelties are doing fine!  Thanks for asking.  I'm glad to hear that Kiwi is fine also.  

Sorry I took your Halloween avi....

I will find another, I feel terrible!  

I had the pic from an email on my computer at work, and have had it among many that I use as a screensaver.  I didn't remember your using it or I wouldn't have.  

I am a HUGE Longhorn fan, but must admit that I've been lax in keeping up this season...too many other things going on.  

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: September 27, 2008, 11:50:14 AM »

Yes, thank you....I saw that you had.  I always loved his work, and of course looking at him was a big part of it.   

Yes, I have always been a fan too!  He was talented, good looking (those blue eyes....) and also a rare example with his dedication to his marriage.  Thinking about it, I know it's true...but I didn't realize he was that old!  I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old too.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #570 on: September 27, 2008, 11:59:26 AM »

Yes, I have always been a fan too!  He was talented, good looking (those blue eyes....) and also a rare example with his dedication to his marriage.  Thinking about it, I know it's true...but I didn't realize he was that old!  I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old too.

So, true, texasmom.  He and his wife stayed away from the hollywood hoopla and much to their credit.  As for his age, I had the same reaction.....

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #571 on: September 27, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »

<sigh>

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #572 on: September 28, 2008, 03:20:27 PM »

Have a question hopefully a medical monkey can help me answer..

A 6 week old baby in the family(cousin) was diagnosed with a hole in his heart...

He was seen at a childrens hospital where the parents were told he also has LTGA and that his ventricles were switched....And something about if pressure or something wasnt kept up after his surgery for his hole that he would need a pacemaker....

Can someone explain to me in english--not medical terms  --What this means?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: September 29, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »

mistix5 ~ I'm sorry I can't help answer the question about your cousin.  There are some on the forums that can do this.  You might want to ask again in a bit, or watch for any monkey that has medical background (on any other threads you read/post on)  to please come over to the musings thread to talk with you.  I hope your baby cousin gets well.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: September 29, 2008, 04:25:45 PM »

Any monkeys need a facial?

Banana Mask for Oily Skin
Recipe Feedback:    
User Rating    5 out of 5    5 out of 5
(1 review)

By Julyne Derrick, About.com

This is a soothing face mask and great if you have bananas around the house.
Ingredients:

* 1 banana, preferably ripe (you can keep ripe bananas in the freezer. Let it thaw before using)
    * 1 tbsp honey
    * An orange or a lemon

Preparation:
Mix the banana and honey together.
Add a few drops of juice from an orange or a lemon.
Apply to face for 15 minutes before rinsing with a cool washcloth or a steaming warm washcloth.   

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #575 on: September 29, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »

mistix5 ~ I'm sorry I can't help answer the question about your cousin.  There are some on the forums that can do this.  You might want to ask again in a bit, or watch for any monkey that has medical background (on any other threads you read/post on)  to please come over to the musings thread to talk with you.  I hope your baby cousin gets well.

I think Bleachedblack is a nurse or in the medical field.  I'm sure there are several others I can't pinpoint, right now.  I, too, hope everything works out for the baby.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #576 on: September 29, 2008, 05:52:47 PM »

I think Bleachedblack is a nurse or in the medical field.  I'm sure there are several others I can't pinpoint, right now.  I, too, hope everything works out for the baby.

Thank You I was thinking of posting and asking someone to read here but I didnt want to go off topic in another thread...

Thank you and Muffy ~The surgery is this week so  hopefully we will hear more then..
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #577 on: September 29, 2008, 09:50:04 PM »

misitx5 - I read your request and have alerted Bleached Black and she will pop in to answer you soon - depending on her shifts.
Prayers for baby cousin

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #578 on: September 30, 2008, 09:20:58 AM »

Has it come to this???

http://www.cafeoflifepikespeak.com/Videos/Licensed%20To%20Pill.swf

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #579 on: September 30, 2008, 10:34:14 AM »

misitx5 - I read your request and have alerted Bleached Black and she will pop in to answer you soon - depending on her shifts.
Prayers for baby cousin

Thank You very much I appreciate it!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.