March 28, 2024, 03:59:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #11 6/12 - 10/04/2008  (Read 181969 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 08, 2008, 09:43:50 PM »

This thread will be like the old LCD thread.  We only request that if you have actual news, photos or pertenant facts on specific cases you post in the proper area.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:49:11 AM by San » Logged
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »

Thank you Thank you Monkeys for donating to the Race for the Cure!!!
I am over 1/3 of the way to my goal!!!
Trying to send a personal e-mail to those who donated and a Monkey posted by her real name and I don't know her Monkey name to say thanks!! lol

I have Klaas, BT Girl, San and OB so far, so for the Monkey who donated that I did not thank, can you send me an e-mail and reveal your identity, and please accept my deepest thanks!!! lol
You are all angels!!

I am running in memory of my Mom, and running to honor Peaches too!!! My Monkey hero and cancer survivor!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 07:38:35 AM »

Trying to send a personal e-mail to those who donated and a Monkey posted by her real name and I don't know her Monkey name to say thanks!! lol

I have Klaas, BT Girl, San and OB so far, so for the Monkey who donated that I did not thank, can you send me an e-mail and reveal your identity, and please accept my deepest thanks!!! lol
You are all angels!!

I am running in memory of my Mom, and running to honor Peaches too!!! My Monkey hero and cancer survivor!!!

Sorry, that was probably me.     Sometimes I forget who I am. 

Please support this Monkey running for the rest of us survivors! 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 08:47:41 AM »

You are all angels!!

Sorry, that was probably me.     Sometimes I forget who I am. 

Please support this Monkey running for the rest of us survivors! 

you crack me up!!!
Thats ok...half the time I forget where the heck I am and what I was supposed to be doing!!! lol

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »

I received this via email, LOL.  Click on the picture below to watch the video   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 05:07:28 PM »

NBC’s Tim Russert dead at 58
Washington bureau chief, ‘Meet the Press’ moderator collapsed on job

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25145431/?GT1=43001
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 09:45:57 PM »

I am re-evaluating my situation as I type...

In case you ever get these two environments mixed up, this should make things a little bit clearer.

@ PRISON

You spend most of your time in a 10X10 cell

@ WORK

You spend most of your time in an6X6 cubicle

@ PRISON

You get three meals a day, fully paid for

@ WORK

You get a break for one meal and you have to pay for it 

@ PRISON

For good behavior, you get time off

@ WORK

For good behavior, you get more work

@ PRISON
The guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you 
@ WORK 
 You must carry a security card and open all the doors yourself 

@ PRISON
You can watch TV and play games

@ WORK

You could get fired for watching TV and playing games

@ PRISON
You get your own toilet

@ WORK

You have to share the toilet with people who pee on the seat 

@ PRISON

They allow your family and friends to visit

@ WORK

You aren't even supposed to speak to your family 

@ PRISON

All expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required

@ WORK

You must pay all your expenses to go to work, and they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners

@ PRISON

You spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out 

@ WORK   
 You spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside bars

@ PRISON
You must deal with sadistic wardens

@ WORK

They are called 'managers'

THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE.
Now get back to work. You're not getting paid to check emails.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 10:17:16 PM »

Good one Kat
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 10:19:17 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 10:27:31 AM »

New Orleans man hid heroin in his diaper 

NEW ORLEANS — Frank Keys Jr. faces up to 40 years in prison after he was found cruising down the highway with more than 200 grams of heroin in the diaper he was wearing, federal officials said.

Keys, 38, of New Orleans was charged Friday by a federal grand jury. He got in trouble June 3 in St. John the Baptist Parish, north of New Orleans, when sheriff's deputies pulled over the car he was in for a traffic violation, according to court documents.

permission to search the car, and a drug-sniffing dog alerted them to the car's passenger side.

The occupants were ordered out of the car, and patted down. During the pat-down, "officers felt a large hard object in the pants area on Keys," according to a news release from the U.S. Attorney's office.

Keys told officers he was wearing a diaper and when they asked if there was anything in the diaper, he "shook his head affirmatively."

Officers then removed a package containing about 257 grams of heroin from the diaper. 

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/06/13/heroin_hid_in_diaper.html?imw=Y

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 08:53:38 AM »

MICHIGAN CITY, Ind. (AP) - A monkey is back in it's enclosure in an Indiana zoo following a MacGyver-like escape this week.

The spider monkey made a break for it on Wednesday while workers were cleaning an empty moat surrounding its habitat at the Washington Park Zoo in Michigan City, Indiana. It then used a garden hose to scale its way out of the moat and onto the roof of a water filtration plant.

The primate was finally caught at a nearby boat dealership, where it was perched atop a white and blue speedboat.

The zoo's director says the adventurous monkey is sociable and didn't pose any danger to people.
Monkey uses garden hose to scale moat, flee zoo

Last Update: 6/14 3:05 pm 

http://www.wcpo.com/news/national/story.aspx?content_id=894c5e75-1142-4107-8365-2ecd2d2837ec

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 10:05:25 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,367256,00.html

Amber Alert Issued for 2 Boys After Father Shoots Estranged Wife
Monday , June 16, 2008

Diego Fabian Ortega, left, and Luis Gonzalo Ortega

LOS ANGELES —

A man shot his estranged wife after she dropped off their two young sons on Father's Day and took off with the boys, authorities said.

The pickup truck he used Sunday morning to get away from his Sunland home north of Los Angeles was found empty on Sunday night in Lancaster, Los Angeles police Officer Karen Smith said.

Jose Luis Ortega, 26, shot the boys' mother as many as 12 times, but police said she was able to speak while being taken to the hospital.

"He told his wife that he was going to kill her family and that he was going to flee to Mexico," Smith said.

An Amber Alert has been issued for the two boys, 5-year-old Diego Fabian Ortega and 3-year-old Luis Gonzalo Ortega.

Their mother's name has not been released. She was in very serious condition early Monday following surgery.

Ortega is an itinerant construction worker, police said, and should be considered armed.

Neighbor Trevor Pikhart said he was getting ready to brush his teeth Sunday morning when the shooting started. "All of a sudden we heard four shots — boom, boom, boom, boom," Pikhart said. There was a pause, he said, then more shots.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 04:02:43 PM »

Inspiration for Muppet, Kermit the Frog, has died

Last Updated: Mon, June 16, 2008 - 11:18 am
LELAND, Miss. (AP) - The man believed to be the inspiration for
Jim Henson's proto-Muppet, Kermit the Frog, has died.
Kermit Scott's brother-in-law, Aaron Moss, says the retired
philosophy professor who lived in Monroe, Va., died recently. He
was 71.
Family and friends said Scott shared his namesake's whimsical
smile.
Henson and Scott grew up as friends in Leland, a small
Mississippi Delta town now home to a Muppets museum.
The Henson family moved away from Leland and the two lost touch.
Scott went on to become a history professor at Yale, Purdue and
Millsaps College, and was an advocate for the poor. He and his
wife, Aadron, founded the Welfare Rights Organization and the food
bank of Lafayette, Ind.
http://www.wkrg.com/news/article/inspiration_for_kermit_the_frog_dies/14911/

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 09:28:58 PM »

http://mk1.netatlantic.com/t/5427770/21292341/16898/0/

Inspirational little postcardy thoughts. It is very nice.
And, I thought of Jerry 'cause it has " Cowboy Wisdom " and a quote from Will Rogers

K
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 11:57:02 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,368301,00.html

Cross-Dressing Students Get 'Transvestite Toilet' at Thai School   

BANGKOK, Thailand —  For teen boys who prefer to dress as girls at one rural high school in Thailand, taking a bathroom break no longer means choosing between "male" and "female" restrooms. There's now a "transvestite toilet."

The Kampang School in northeastern Thailand conducted a survey last term that showed more than 200 of the school's 2,600 students considered themselves transgender, said school director Sitisak Sumontha.

So, when classes resumed in May, the school unveiled a unisex restroom designated by a human figure split in half — part man in blue and part woman in red. Below it are the words "Transvestite Toilet."

Three transgender students praised the new restroom as they plucked their eyebrows and applied face powder in front of the mirror outside the stalls.

"I'm so happy about this," Vichai Sangsakul, a teenager with a pixie hairdo pulled back with a pink barrette, told Thailand's PBS news channel on Tuesday. "It looks bad going to female restrooms. What would other people think?"

Most rural Thais are conservative in many ways, but the trailblazing toilet initiative at the school in northeastern Sisaket province reflects another aspect of Thai society: its tolerance of the country's very visible transgender community. The term describes a wide range of identities including cross-dressers, transvestites, transsexuals and those born with the physical characteristics of both sexes.

These students want to be able to go to the restroom in peace without fear of being watched, laughed at or groped," said school director Sitisak Sumontha.

He said the concept reflected a growing need at Thai schools and universities.

Kampang is not Thailand's first educational institution to set up unisex washrooms, though Sitisak said he believed it was a first for a secondary school. A 1,500-student technical college in the northern province of Chiang Mai set up a "Pink Lotus Bathroom" for its 15 transvestite students in 2003.

Deputy Education Minister Boonlue Prasertsopar recently said the ministry plans to count the number of transgender university students.

He said he was not promoting transgender interests, "but if there are a lot of them in a university and it's a problem, we may have to consider building toilets and dormitories for them."

Transgenders are regularly seen on TV soap operas and throughout Bangkok, working at department store cosmetics counters, popular restaurants, in office jobs and in the capital's red-light districts. Thailand also has transgender beauty pageants.

I Stand With The Girl
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 07:55:40 PM »

Klaas and any others that got emails from when HTFM was hacked:  I am NOT, I repeat NOT a member of HTFM, never have been, and I got nasty emails.  Just so you know.  Klaas, you were kind enough to reply to my post about getting the nasty emails and told me that those who were MEMBERS of HTFM got emails.  Well, I am wondering if it was a case of key logging, because as I said, I am not a member.  I was logged in here to SM, and was on the Matthew's missing person thread, and went to the message board that was posted.  I never gave my email.  I just clicked on it to read.  I got the emails the same day, and I knew this is where I had been.  My email addy is used ONLY for this forum  and gets almost zero spam.  I didn't open any of the emails, and reported the abuse/spam.  It was all very weird and it's sad some folks have nothing else to do but mess around with other people's stuff.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 09:01:13 PM »

Klaas and any others that got emails from when HTFM was hacked:  I am NOT, I repeat NOT a member of HTFM, never have been, and I got nasty emails.  Just so you know.  Klaas, you were kind enough to reply to my post about getting the nasty emails and told me that those who were MEMBERS of HTFM got emails.  Well, I am wondering if it was a case of key logging, because as I said, I am not a member.  I was logged in here to SM, and was on the Matthew's missing person thread, and went to the message board that was posted.  I never gave my email.  I just clicked on it to read.  I got the emails the same day, and I knew this is where I had been.  My email addy is used ONLY for this forum  and gets almost zero spam.  I didn't open any of the emails, and reported the abuse/spam.  It was all very weird and it's sad some folks have nothing else to do but mess around with other people's stuff.   

Wow, now that's interresting.  I really don't know anything about Key logging.  I suppose it could have something to do with when you viewed the HFTM board but I really don't know how that works.  How would they then get your email addy?  I just don't know?  I am a member of HFTM so I did get the emails but I assumed (incorrectly) that only members got the email.  I wish I knew more about how hackers get stuff.  I'll see if Dugga has any ideas.

Thanks for clarifying!
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 11:37:23 AM »

Morris and his wife Esther went to the state fair every year,

and every year Morris would say, 'Esther,I'd like to ride in that helicopter.'
        Esther always replied, 'I know Morris, but that helicopter ride is fifty dollars,
        and fifty dollars is fifty dollars'
        One year Esther and Morris went to the fair, and Morris said,
        'Esther, I'm 85 years old. If I don't ride that helicopter, I might never get   
        another chance.'
        To this, Esther replied, 'Morris that helicopter ride is fifty dollars,
        and fifty dollars is fifty dollars.'
        The pilot overheard the couple and said, 'Folks I'll make you a deal.
        I'll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride
        and not say a word, I won't charge you! But if you say one word, it's fifty 
        dollars.'
        Morris and Esther agreed and up they went. The pilot did all kinds of
        fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard. He did his daredevil tricks
        over and over again, but still not a word.
        When they landed, the pilot turned to Morris and said, 'By golly, I did everything
        I could to get you to yell out, but you didn't. I'm impressed!'
        Morris replied, 'Well, to tell you the truth, I almost said something when
        Esther fell out, but you know, fifty dollars is fifty dollars!'

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

Construction update (yes..still going on even though much slower now).   

They finally started working on the fireplace tile today.  I realize that the tile and color is unconventional but we really wanted something different from the stone that everyone is doing these days.  It's going to be really nice once completed and it's mostly for looks as we rarely have a fire in it anyway 

we have a cousin that is in the audio/visio field installing in high end homes locally.  He gave us his cost on a 52" Samsung LCD HDTV then he came and installed it on the wall yesterday.  The satellite isn't hooked up there right now but he tested on a DVD and OMG it's amazing!  In approximately 10 more days we should be sitting on our couch watching TV on this new 52" baby 

So here is a photo of the new TV covered up on the wall, LOLOL 

We had ordered 3 custom interior doors with opaque glass that came in yesterday.  They will be installed on Monday.  Baseboards and trim will be installed sometime early next week too.

Carpet is scheduled to be installed on Friday, June 27th!  Once we are all back into this part of the house we can start working on the back part of the house and exterior paint.   

P.S.  I will remove my hardhat on June 27th after the carpet is installed and put on my 4th of July clothes 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »

Klaas, I love the tile and the colors.  You should be living in Arizona! Very desert type colors, and of course it was only 112 here today.  hot hot hot.

Um,  does your cousin need a new friend in AZ...I am available!  What fun...52 inches!

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »

Klaas, I love the tile and the colors.  You should be living in Arizona! Very desert type colors, and of course it was only 112 here today.  hot hot hot.

Um,  does your cousin need a new friend in AZ...I am available!  What fun...52 inches!

OMG, hot here today too, almost 100!  I hate the heat!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.