March 28, 2024, 08:46:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lake Delton near Wisconsin Dells drains due to flooding  (Read 6607 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« on: June 09, 2008, 11:31:47 PM »

The Wisconsin Dells area is a huge resort area.  The 245 acre lake had flooding which eroded the banks and caused the entire lake to drain into the Wisconsin River.  Not only is there tremendous damage, but the impact on the economy is going to be staggering.  Thousands of jobs will be lost and thousands of families will not be having a summer vacation here this year or in the near future.  I would estimate that there will be a multi million dollar loss to the state because of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0bVsSWXG-I

http://www2.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=760060

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 11:40:53 PM »

This is a photo from a travel brochure and what the lake used to look like

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 10:44:21 PM »

GO, So sorry to see this happening - you aren't alone... we have had so much flooding, none which of course makes the news because we are more concerned about Jessica Simpson and Britney.... grrrr

Anyway, the small town where I work got hit last weekend and over 250 homes (out of 3000) were under water.  Still in flood plain as we continue to get massive rain. 

Tonight has been the scariest - tornadoes right and left.  Within 10 mins of turning on the TV there were 15 spotted in areas surrounding Omaha and Lincoln... and then the tragic news of the Boy Scout camp in Iowa (1 hr from Omaha) where teens from NE and IA were having a leadership training.  4 dead and up to 40 seriously injured...supposedly all  of the buildlings on the 1800 acre facility were destroyed.  SO VERY SAD.

I pray for them and their families.

This weather  situation is really frightening.  I hope things dry up your way.

Hugs
Beans
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.