April 25, 2024, 10:38:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyla Whitaker 11, Taylor Placker 13, Murdered- Weleetka,OK(Murder Chgs)  (Read 29043 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2011, 12:39:51 PM »

I thought it was interesting that he had photos of swords and Ashley died of a slashed throat according to his confession.  Considering his conversation with Ashley's dad about being questioned about Skyla & Taylor's murders, I think he wants everyone to know that he killed them.  I really wish LE could find that gun.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 04:02:18 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/09/25-year-old-man-charged-with-murder-in-2008-shooting-death-oklahoma-girls/
25-Year-Old Man Charged With Murder in 2008 Shooting Death of Oklahoma Girls
December 9, 2011

::snipping2::
Kevin Sweat, of Henryetta, Okla., was charged with the murders of 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker, who were both shot and killed as they walked along County Line Road in Weleetka in June 2008.

The two friends were shot multiple times as they played close to Placker’s home near Weleetka, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

Authorities identified one of two weapons used in the murders as a .40-caliber model 22 with serial number EKG463US. They say Sweat may have tried to sell the gun at a gun show in Tulsa this March.

Stan Florence, Director of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said during a press conference Friday that investigators are still searching for the weapon.

Florence said Sweat is already in custody in connection with the death of his girlfriend, Ashley Taylor.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2011, 04:03:29 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/25-year-old-oklahoma-man-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-deaths-of-2-weleetka-girls/2011/12/09/gIQAD9lgiO_story.html
25-year-old Oklahoma man charged with first-degree murder in deaths of 2 Weleetka girls
December 9, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »

Thank you for the updates MuffyBee.  Hopefully this arrest will bring some form of peace to the families.  This case has really touched me deeply.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »

Finally. 

::justice2NJ::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2011, 06:26:04 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/09/justice/oklahoma-slain-girls/
Man charged in deaths of 2 Oklahoma girls left in ditch
December 9, 2011

In January 2010, Sweat was among those interviewed about the girls' murder, because he owned a Glock .40 Model 22 handgun like one of those thought to be used in the shootings. He then told an investigator then that he'd sold such a gun in 2007, according to the arrest affidavit.

But he was not considered a suspect until this year, after being arrested and charged with the murder of his girlfriend, Ashley Taylor, Florence said.
He was already in the Seminole County Jail in his girlfriend's death when the new charges were filed, according to the state investigative bureau director.

He is charged on four counts related to the 2008 case: two each of first-degree murder, plus two each of shooting with intent to kill, according to the affidavit. The witnesses cited in this document include several of Sweat's family members, including his father, as well as the two victims' relatives and the Glock gun company.

District Attorney Max Cook, whose jurisdiction includes Creek and Okfuskee counties, said Friday that he has filed court documents requesting that Sweat be eligible for the death penalty if found guilty of murder in any of these killings.

"We feel that we are in an appropriate position to go forward in this case," Cook said Friday, referring to the case of the two girls.

Neighbors and relatives described Taylor and Skyla as nearly inseparable, often playing together after school, riding their bikes and sleeping at each others' houses. They were at Taylor's house the night of June 8, when they set off about 5 p.m. for a walk down the road.

Soon thereafter, Taylor's grandfather made a futile attempt to call her on her cell phone. He found the two girls about 30 minutes later, lying side-by-side in a ditch about a quarter-mile from the home, police said.

Six weeks after the slayings, Oklahoma authorities released a 911 tape in which a breathless, nearly hysterical woman -- identified only as a family member of one of the victims -- is heard screaming, "Somebody killed two girls."
On September 30, a $5,000 reward was offered for information on "the Glock .40 model 22 handgun used in the Weleetka girls' homicides," the state investigation bureau noted on its website. A serial number was given for that weapon, one of two linked to the girls' deaths.

Ballistics tests determined that the .40-caliber shell casings found at the crime scene, matched those found on the property of Curtis Sweat, Kevin's father, the affidavit said.

Investigators determined the serial number of the gun, which had been sold to Sweat. In his September interview, the suspect admitted that he'd purchased the Glock .40 gun in 2007.

Authorities on Friday reiterated their plea for the public's help in tracking down this firearm, which they said Sweat may have tried to sell in March at a Tulsa gun show.

Two photos of the suspect were also released: one taken around the time of the Weleetka killings and the other a mug shot after he was charged in his girlfriend's death.

"We hope that, by releasing (those photos), it will spark someone's memory of seeing Mr. Sweat around the scene of (Taylor and Skyla's) murder," Florence said.
Video at Link

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »

-- A 25-year-old Oklahoma man was charged Friday with murder in the deaths of two girls who were found about three and a half years ago, shot to death in a ditch alongside a remote country road.

"We don't believe that he knew (the slain girls) directly," Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Director Stan Florence said Friday of Kevin Sweat. "We just believe that he happened to be in the area that day."

According to a probable cause affidavit, Sweat told investigators on September 13 that he'd been driving his Chevrolet Cavalier where the girls were found when he saw "two monsters" come at him.  ::snipping2::  

http://www.ktvq.com/news/man-charged-in-deaths-of-2-oklahoma-girls-left-in-ditch/

Hey ya' Toler    We've got a thread started already for this case.  I'm going to merge yours with it. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:18:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2011, 09:25:25 PM »

Finally!!!! Thanks Monkeys for the updates, I just saw this on a news feed. This case has bothered me for quite awhile.

::MonkeyAngel::RIP Skyla and Taylor, justice is being served finally an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »

I am so glad that this case is finally moving forward.  Prayers are with the family.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 09:57:08 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/25-year-old-oklahoma-man-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-deaths-of-2-weleetka-girls/2011/12/09/gIQAD9lgiO_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop
Man charged with first-degree murder in deaths of 2 girls shot on remote Oklahoma road
December 9, 2011

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »

I smell an insanity plea coming on.....

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Charges-filed-in-murder-of-Weleetka-girls/jzD60Ca3P0-_bFYvGDCCmQ.cspx

Charges filed in murder of Weleetka girls
12/9/2011

The affidavit states the lead agent interviewed Sweat on September 13th and read him his MIranda Rights:

"Sweat said that on June 2008, during the afternoon, he was driving his black Chevrolet Cavalier car on North 3890 Road in Okfuskee County. Sweat pulled over on the side of the road and saw "two monsters." Sweat then "panicked" and grabbed his Glock .40 caliber handgun from between the seats of his car.

Sweat then "shot the monsters" with his Glock handgun. Sweat then grabbed his ".22 caliber" gun from the glove box and "shot the monsters" with his .22 caliber gun. Sweat then got back in his car and left. Sweat told OSBI that he shot the "monsters" with the Glock handgun that he had purchased in 2007 while living in Henryetta."

The affidavit states the gun was sold to a gun dealer in Oklahoma in 2006 and Sweat bought that gun in 2007.

"This case took us to locations all over Oklahoma and points outside of our state," says Florence.

Timeline of the Weleetka investigation from the arrest affidavit:

June 2008 Weleetka girls killed, investigator found .40 caliber shell casings from same gun

Jan. 2010 OSBI received info Sweat purchased .40 caliber gun in fall 2007

Jan. 21st Sweat interviewed by OSBI and said he sold .40 cal gun in 2007

Aug. 22nd OSBI went to Sweat's father's property near Weleetka and learned Sweat shot guns in the area and recovered .40 caliber shell casings

OSBI tested the shell casings and matched them to shell casings from the Weleetka murders

OSBI traced the .40 caliber gun owned by Sweat to gun dealer and found the the serial number EKG463US

Sept. 2011 FBI and ATF find gun had been sold to OK dealer in 2006, gun eventually purchased by Sweat

Sept. 13, OSBI interviews Sweat. Miranda rights read:
Sweat said that on June 2008, during the afternoon, he was driving his black Chevrolet Cavalier car on North 3890 Road in Okfuskee County. Sweat pulled over on the side of the road and saw "two monsters." Sweat then "panicked" and grabbed his Glock .40 caliber handgun from between the seats of his car.
Sweat then "shot the monsters" with his Glock handgun. Sweat then grabbed his ".22 caliber" gun from the glove box and "shot the monsters" with his .22 caliber gun. Sweat then got back in his car and left. Sweat told OSBI that he shot the "monsters" with the Glock handgun that he had purchased in 2007 while living in Henryetta. 

Sept. 30th FBI learns gun with serial number originally was owned by the Baltimore Police Department

Oct. 5th, OSBI tested shell casing from that Baltimore .40 cal shell casing and it matched the gun used in Weleetka

Oct. 5th, OSBI tested shell casing from that Baltimore .40 cal shell casing and it matched the gun used in Weleetka

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2011, 10:28:42 PM »

Arrest affidavit here:

http://www.fox23.com/media/lib/13/0/8/d/08d731ea-f86f-4914-bc49-edc4f219dba3/Affidavit_ss_removed.pdf

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Charges-filed-in-murder-of-Weleetka-girls/jzD60Ca3P0-_bFYvGDCCmQ.cspx

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2011, 10:28:51 PM »

You could be right cartfly.  Maybe we're seeing an insanity plea coming.     "monsters".  Maybe he was on drugs? 

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »

You could be right cartfly.  Maybe we're seeing an insanity plea coming.     "monsters".  Maybe he was on drugs? 
sure sounds like he was hallucinating but how would he then remember seeing "monsters" while not under the influence of drugs..... I am not sure how that works

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2011, 09:24:12 AM »

sure sounds like he was hallucinating but how would he then remember seeing "monsters" while not under the influence of drugs..... I am not sure how that works

Druggies very often remember their hallucinations.  I think it is the norm rather than the abnormal.  My daughter has told me about some of the hallucinations she had on meth. 

Didn't he pick up the shells at the crime scene?  I seem to remember that.  If so, that will blow any hope for insanity which I don't believe anyway.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2011, 12:58:05 PM »

Sounds like a pitiful attempt at an insanity defense.  Monsters my Azz.  

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »

This is the original description of suspect from page one of this thread:

The man is described as an American Indian, about 6 feet tall, with black hair and a ponytail stretching to the small of his back. Investigators say the man was seen standing near a white Ford or Chevrolet single cab pickup with chrome striping and an Oklahoma license tag around the time and place the girls were shot.

Just goes to show how incorrect eye-witness testimony can be. 

And I was wrong in my post above, there was brass recovered from the crime scene.  Just goes to show how incorrect my memory can be.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »

Charges in Weleetka killings a testament to investigators' diligence

The Oklahoman Editorial 
Published: December 13, 2011

FOR three-and-a-half years, the families of Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Paschal-Placker wondered whether anyone would be held accountable for the girls' murders, which scared and frustrated those in the small Okfuskee County town where they lived.

Charges in Weleetka killings a testament to investigators' diligence

Three-and-a-half years is a long time. Taylor, 13 when she was killed, would be driving now. Skyla, who was 11, would be starting high school.

The painful wait ended Friday when authorities filed first-degree murder charges against a man who was being held for another murder. Kevin Sweat, 25, told an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent that he panicked when the girls — he called them “monsters” — approached his vehicle on June 8, 2008. The best friends, out for a walk not far from Taylor's home, were shot 13 times with two weapons.

http://newsok.com/charges-in-weleetka-killings-a-testament-to-investigators-diligence/article/3631451

I do not think that this was a "random" killing or that Sweat saw "monsters."  I believe this was a revenge killing -- what the revenge was for, I don't know, but I believe there was malice in his action.   

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »

Judge considers gag order for Sweat case

Posted: 01/03/2012

OKFUSKEE COUNTY, Okla. - On Tuesday, a judge will consider the defense attorney's request for a gag order in the case of Kevin Sweat.

Sweat's attorneys say they're asking for a gag order because pretrial publicity has been damaging to the case.

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/state/judge-considers-gag-order-for-sweat-case

Hmmmm, he leaves his incriminating blog up on Deviant Art for months and now he is worried about something being said that might incriminated the scumbag.   

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 12:29:14 PM »

hmmm....does the POS have a black eye?  Sure looks like it.

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/state/judge-considers-gag-order-for-sweat-case

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.