March 29, 2024, 02:54:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama campaign creates Web site to debunk rumors  (Read 36532 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »

"If the winds shift and things get ugly, I'm sticking with the brothers."  Well, I don't know said that but I suspect it was said.  I do know who said, "If things get ugly and the wind shifts, I'm sticking with the Muslims."  That was Brother Obama.  I'd better learn the Koran too, gotta keep my bases covered.  A real patriot, this man. Not

already debunked:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/therealquote
(last one)

try to get the facts straight. you seem to be in an alternative reality on all sorts of issues.

I have my facts straight. I read the book where Obama said if things get ugly, he is sticking with the Muslims.  If you could only but read and comprehend English, you would know that what I said about "sticking with the brothers," was a play on words, second guessing the thoughts as to why Colin Powell is going with Obama.  You appear to be another uninformed Euro who has no business debating something of which you know zero since your newspapers are closed to truth.

I'm hoping to reach out in kindness and sincerity before ya'll start throwing  swamp names at me.

Let's debate/discuss with respect and no name-calling, please, make that purty please.

ribbit.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2008, 01:42:48 PM »

Does Obama have a "Jewish Problem"?

I didn't see this one on the debunking site -

The Jewish Problem

Rev up your Swift Boats, boys. The Obama campaign is coming to town.

By Bob Norman
Published on June 12, 2008

The document, titled "Obama and the Jews — Truth Checklist," contains what Palm Beach County Republican Party Chairman Sid Dinerstein believes is the key that will unlock the doors of the White House for John McCain.

Dinerstein says he didn't write the document and can't remember who sent it to him, but it's something he swears by. After it lists the talking points regarding Barack Obama's supposed anti-Israel bias, "Obama and the Jews" ends this way:

"How any Jew could vote for Obama defies logic. Obama is wildly insensitive to Jews as is evidenced by his church and his associations and he's rabidly Pro Arab when it comes to Middle East policy.  Please spread the word because Obama knows he has a Jewish problem and his handlers and enablers are trying to rewrite and fudge his record. They are lying and deceiving people in the process."

Dinerstein, a longtime GOP leader who is Jewish, has been busy spreading the word in Palm Beach County, which along with the rest of South Florida figures to be ground zero again in the 2008 election. He routinely sends out mass emails about why Obama is against Jews and must be stopped.

"This time it's real easy," he tells me of his strategy, "because Obama scares Jewish voters."

Then there is the Million Man March. Though that 1995 event was a positive gathering meant to strengthen black families, Dinerstein and his GOP friends see it as stark evil.

Why? Because it was organized by Louis Farrakhan. The fact that Obama attended the peaceful event only means he's an anti-Semite like Farrakhan, who has been associated with Obama's famous former pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, another man who has criticized the treatment of Palestinians and whose name is the first listed by the unknown author of "Obama and the Jews."

Forget that the march was celebrated by mainstream America as a positive event or that Obama rebuked Farrakhan's black nationalist ideas in his first book, Dreams of My Father. That wouldn't do at all when you're trying to smear a candidate via acquaintances and associations.

"I've always been a Hillary girl," says Gertrude Weinberg, an incredibly energetic and sharp 91-year-old.

Weinberg, the head of Wynmoor's Democratic club, is fairly typical among the condo residents: She's a politically active Jewish Democrat who stood squarely behind Hillary.

But she says she's come around to Obama, especially after Wexler's post-boo speech about the candidate. "I'm at peace right now," says Weinberg, a dance instructor who retired from Jersey City 31 years ago. "I was very much a Hillary person, but at this point, as long as it's a Democrat, I'm happy. It has to be a Democrat. If it was McCain, it would be another Bush — and this man is not a very intelligent man."

She says the idea of opening talks with those who disagree with U.S. policy sounds like a good idea, breaking it down this way: "If you're angry with someone, you can't get un-angry with them — if that's a word — if you don't talk."

But she acknowledges there are still holdouts at Wynmoor.

"When they say they are going to vote for McCain, it makes me sick," she says. "And I try to talk to them out of it. They'll come around. They are too intelligent not to."

Not if Sid Dinerstein has anything to do with it.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2008-06-12/news/the-jewish-problem/1

In the olden days, I remember people being concerned with things like -

Will a Catholic president be loyal to the Pope first?

Would a Jewish president be loyal to Israel first?

Where do Obama's loyalties point?

McCain's?

(I don't remember much from when McCain ran in the past.)

Yeah I agree.

Some stuff about McCain did surface, but was quickly spun away with Obama and Hillary stuff.

I have a feeling it will resurface.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2008, 01:44:50 PM »

It doesn't matter much what anyone says. Obama will be President and everyone will have to live with it. This is 2008. It's time to embrace bi-raciality. It is foolish to continue to think the Caucasian race is the only good one in the United States. IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. The current US government is like stagnating, stinking water ... it needs to be rinsed out at least three times with bleach.

If people want to move forward, they have to take a risk. If they don't take a risk, they will remain in the same spot. THE WORLD MOVES FORWARD. It doesn't stay the same and it does not go backward.

I urge all of you to keep pace with the world. For God's sake, embrace something new and congratulate yourself for moving forward.

Time for healthcare for all citizens like OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE!

Time for lower gas prices

Time for taxes to stop paying for war

Time for Change.

Heh Heh

(not an endorsement - just a kermmie getting prepared for change whatever it may be)

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2008, 01:46:04 PM »

DOES ANYONE THINK THAT GORE'S ENDORSEMENT OF OBAMA ALONG WITH KENNEY'S WILL HELP HIM WIN?

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »

Hate to burst your bubble, Kerm, but Utopia does not exist!!!!
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2008, 06:20:32 PM »

There is an old saying "Paradise is where ever I am." 

I believe there is the opportunity for good basic healthcare for all.

I believe there is the opportunity for alternative forms of transportation.

I believe the opportunity exists to make every dollar do the work of two or three dollars.

imho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »

some background information about the people where these smears originate from:

Who is Behind these Lies?

Roger Stone boasts about being the sleaziest man in politics and that his rules are “Attack, attack, attack—never defend” and “Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack.” As a young operative, Stone was involved in Watergate, causing him to be fired by Bob Dole. Stone was also forced to cut ties with New York Senate Republicans after he left a harassing message on the voicemail of Eliot Spitzer’s father. Even Republican Ed Rollins says Stone “always had this reputation of being a guy who exaggerated things, who pretended he did things. Roger was never on Nixon’s staff, was never on the White House staff. I don’t think you’ll find anyone in the business who trusts him. Roger was always a little rat.” Stone recently said “McCain himself should not run a slash-and-burn campaign, but a slash-and-burn campaign will have to be run by others.”

Floyd Brown, the leader of the National Campaign Fund, the Legacy Committee, Citizens for a Safe and Prosperous America and the Policy Issues Institute, once bragged he was part of the “the heart and soul of the right-wing conspiracy.” has a history of surfacing every four years to make right-wing attacks against Democrats in presidential elections. Most infamously, Brown was responsible for the racist 1988 “Willie Horton” ad against Michael Dukakis. Brown harassed the Clintons throughout Bill Clinton’s administration, with even George H.W. Bush calling his behavior in the 1992 presidential election—which included harassing the family of a recent suicide victim—“filthy campaign tactics.” After writing a 2000 book about Al Gore that went little-noticed, in 2004, Brown and David Bossie, working as the group Citizens United, make a movie called Celsius 41.11 and ran television ads attacking John Kerry.

David Bossie, who runs Citizens United, has paired with Floyd Brown for years. Bossie and Brown harassed the Clintons throughout Bill Clinton’s administration, with even George H.W. Bush calling his behavior in the 1992 presidential election—which included harassing the family of a recent suicide victim—“filthy campaign tactics.” After writing a 2000 book about Al Gore that went little-noticed, in 2004, Brown and Bossie, working as the group Citizens United, made a movie called Celsius 41.11 and ran television ads attacking John Kerry. In 1998, Bossie was fired from his job with the House Committee investigating Bill Clinton. When Bossie selectively released tapes, removing information that exonerated the Clintons, and improperly obtained phone records, even Newt Gingrich said he was “embarrassed for the conference at the circus that went on.”

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/behindthesmears

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »

Hate to burst your bubble, Kerm, but Utopia does not exist!!!!

You ain't been to my pond then have you?

Heh Heh
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2008, 11:15:05 PM »

OBAMA ABOUT HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEFS
kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side of Chicago, I felt God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1546579-6,00.html
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2008, 11:54:12 PM »

kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side of Chicago, I felt God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth.

That Muslim thinks he is Allah.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2008, 12:25:27 PM »

It came about as a choice and not an epiphany; the questions I had did not magically disappear. But kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side of Chicago, I felt God's spirit beckoning me. I submitted myself to His will, and dedicated myself to discovering His truth.

His epiphany will not include the Three Kings.......more like the three stooges........1. Al Sharpton
                   2.Jerimiah Wrong
                   3. this one might be a "toss up"...Louis Farakhan, Al Gore.........Oh! Oh!! I got it, I got it   OJ SIMPSON!!!!!!
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2008, 03:50:20 PM »

Huckabee: Demonizing Obama is a ‘fatal mistake’
Posted: 12:00 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Alexander Marquardt

Mike Huckabee delivers a speech at Foreign Correspondents' Club in Tokyo.

(CNN) – Former GOP presidential contender Mike Huckabee called Barack Obama's candidacy "a landmark achievement" Tuesday, and warned fellow Republicans not to demonize Obama.

"Republicans will make a fundamental if not fatal mistake if they seek to win the election by demonizing Barack Obama," Huckabee told reporters in Tokyo, according to a report by Agence France-Presse.

Huckabee praised the country for getting "to a point where we did not see his color but we truly saw his charisma, his message and what he brought to the campaign trail."

"When people are really hurting — and they are right now — they're not looking at a person's race," he added.

Huckabee said he hopes John McCain beats Obama, but that Republicans should focus on policy differences, not race.

Huckabee suggested questions about whether he might join McCain on the ticket were premature. "You can't accept an invitation to the prom until the football captain asks you. So I'm not going to go out and buy the outfit just yet," said Huckabee, according to AFP.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/18/huckabee-demonizing-obama-is-a-%e2%80%98fatal-mistake%e2%80%99/

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2008, 09:00:13 PM »

Why do people associate Michelle Obama with communism?  That link seems to come up quite frequently.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2008, 10:55:28 AM »

Quote from: Kermit link=topic=2910.msg390587#m[font=Verdana
sg390587 date=1213724690]
It doesn't matter much what anyone says. Obama will be President and everyone will have to live with it. This is 2008. It's time to embrace bi-raciality.[[/font]b] It is foolish to continue to think the Caucasian race is the only good one in the United States. IT'S [/b] TIME FOR CHANGE. The current US government is like stagnating, stinking water ... it needs to be rinsed out at least three times with bleach.

If people want to move forward, they have to take a risk. If they don't take a risk, they will remain in the same spot. THE WORLD MOVES FORWARD. It doesn't stay the same and it does not go backward.

I urge all of you to keep pace with the world. For God's sake, embrace something new and congratulate yourself for moving forward.

Yes, bi-raciality....isn't Barak Obama bi-racial?  Yet he calls himself African American??? He considers himself a Black man!  He embraces something called "black theology"  Obviously he has not come to terms with his etnicity!!

Where do you live, Louise, that you have the idea Americans believe that the Caucasian race is the only "good" one.  That is an insane and to me a VERY insulting statement. Are you in some kind of time warp that you are under the impression Christians hate Jews, whites are superior...that's Nazi Germany...not the United States of America!!!

You seriously want us to take a "RISK"!!!!  Risk our Freedom, risk our lives, risk our Country??   You are willing to take a gamble, so huge it is not only frightening, it is idiotic!!
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2008, 06:55:42 PM »

Auntiem, you keep making argumenta ad nazium by invoking godwin's law 

if you don't know what that is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_la

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2008, 07:50:51 PM »

I am just an American, no hyphen.

I am not sure it would be nice to cut me into pieces and try to return to the land of any of my ancestors.  Also, I am reasonable certain these various countries would not want me...already have many citizens.

I always liked Tiger Woods "Cablinasian"

cablinasian like me

TIGER WOODS' REJECTION OF ORTHODOX RACIAL CLASSIFICATIONS POINTS THE WAY
TO A FUTURE WHERE RACE WILL NO LONGER DEFINE US.

BY GARY KAMIYA

it was one of those peculiar, almost farcical moments that occasionally arise in the turgid melodrama of American racial politics. After Tiger Woods won the Masters Tournament, the media went into a veritable orgy of racial sentimentality. The 21-year-old golf phenom was touted as the Great Black Hope, the putter-wielding equivalent of Martin Luther King Jr. Pundits waxed poetic about the cosmic social significance of Woods' feat, and those treacly "I am Tiger Woods" ads seemed to gain complete control of the airwaves. Coinciding with the 50th anniversary celebrations of Jackie Robinson's breaking of baseball's color line -- an event of unimaginably greater significance -- Woods' coronation as the Black Prince of the Country Club gave America a chance to engage in its favorite ritual, the recitation of warm (if not Fuzzy) racial platitudes. While blacks celebrated the triumph of one of their own in a lily-white sport, whites wiped away tears and congratulated themselves on their remarkable progress. The choreographed racial minuet was proceeding as smoothly as a 30-second Nike spot.

And then Tiger Woods said he wasn't actually "black" at all -- he was "Cablinasian."

Woods made his remarks on "Oprah," when he was asked if it bothered him to be called an African-American. "It does," he said. "Growing up, I came up with this name: I'm a 'Cablinasian.'" As in Caucasian-black-Indian-Asian. Woods has a black father (or to be precise, if I am interpreting Woods' reported ancestry correctly, a half-black, one-quarter American Indian, one-quarter white father) and a Thai mother (or, with the same caveat, a half-Thai, half-Chinese mother). "I'm just who I am," Woods told Oprah Winfrey, "whoever you see in front of you."

http://www.salon.com/april97/tiger970430.html

truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2008, 09:39:56 PM »

...and then went straight over to Rev.  Wright's church to absorb his message of hate.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2008, 10:47:18 PM »

McCain: I 'Didn't Love America' Until Held Prisoner

Republicans have hammered Michelle Obama for her remarks in February that she was proud of America "for the first time in my adult life." Tonight, however, Dan Abrams showed footage he uncovered of a Fox News interview with John McCain on March 13, 2008, in which McCain said, "I didn't really love America until I was deprived of her company."

Abrams thinks McCain's comments could undermine the "right wing's steady attacks against Michelle Obama."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/25274602#25274602

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2008, 12:39:09 PM »

Kermit - thank you for always being a voice of reason and for graceful debate.

Louise exemplifies what concerns me most, Obama is very charismatic, just as Clinton and Reagan both were. Knowing what I do now would I vote again for Clinton or Reagan - not sure and I'm also not stating I clearly voted for either to begin with.

Charisma does not make a president a true administrator and leader, it is a quality and can be very useful in inspiring others to follow a leader. That I will not discount but......this campaign should be about solutions to global problems of a magnitude we have not experienced prior and have little to benchmark with to guide us. We need a visionary to some degree, so tell me Obama is a visionary and then detail that vision and trust me, I'll listen. I won't say I'll agree that his vision is the solution but to date, the vision isn't there nor is he communicating it well and analysts who support him are also stating that now and terming it his achilles heel.

Change? You have no idea the change I've endured just over the last few years nor do you know the change I have to usher as a consultant within some of our largest global companies currently - and yes I work in the people piece mixed with the technology piece. I typically have a very limited timeline in which to move entire organizations through great change.......it ain't easy nor do knee-jerk responses discounting their concerns or their fears help to achieve the required business change.

Change for me, isn't as hard as it is for others. Change is a constant in all our lives and our work, we don't control change, we can only control how we respond to it.

How naive of any poster here to think we're so inanely stupid we'd embrace "YOU GOTTA CHANGE" as the driving valid reason to elect ANY candidate.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2008, 12:45:46 PM »

...and then went straight over to Rev.  Wright's church to absorb his message of hate.

SO WELL SAID.......now answer that Obama but I will predict until the election is complete we will never get a complete and honest answer.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.