April 19, 2024, 01:32:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama campaign creates Web site to debunk rumors  (Read 36603 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2008, 10:28:58 PM »

It's a shame Tyler's passions are only written for us, a relatively small group. Too bad they won't reach the general public.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2008, 07:35:47 AM »

Louise I agree I wish she had a wider audience !!

However, you might be surprised how many do read at SM yet are not posting members.

I simply wish more of our voters valued their right to vote, as much as tylergal does. Too many select their candidate on whether he's attractive physically or youthful, or can dose out an inspiring speech but can't back it up with a vivid and qualified platform, or just bury their head in the sand by voting for whoever rings their bell without ever truly examining their positions on important and far-reaching issues with research.

Keep cutting and pasting Tyler, suddenly your detractors don't seem able to bring forth an ounce of cut and pasted defense !

I continue to stand with the girl.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2008, 07:43:35 AM »

Does Obama have a "Jewish Problem"?

I didn't see this one on the debunking site -

The Jewish Problem

Rev up your Swift Boats, boys. The Obama campaign is coming to town.

By Bob Norman
Published on June 12, 2008

The document, titled "Obama and the Jews — Truth Checklist," contains what Palm Beach County Republican Party Chairman Sid Dinerstein believes is the key that will unlock the doors of the White House for John McCain.

Dinerstein says he didn't write the document and can't remember who sent it to him, but it's something he swears by. After it lists the talking points regarding Barack Obama's supposed anti-Israel bias, "Obama and the Jews" ends this way:

"How any Jew could vote for Obama defies logic. Obama is wildly insensitive to Jews as is evidenced by his church and his associations and he's rabidly Pro Arab when it comes to Middle East policy.  Please spread the word because Obama knows he has a Jewish problem and his handlers and enablers are trying to rewrite and fudge his record. They are lying and deceiving people in the process."

Dinerstein, a longtime GOP leader who is Jewish, has been busy spreading the word in Palm Beach County, which along with the rest of South Florida figures to be ground zero again in the 2008 election. He routinely sends out mass emails about why Obama is against Jews and must be stopped.

"This time it's real easy," he tells me of his strategy, "because Obama scares Jewish voters."

Then there is the Million Man March. Though that 1995 event was a positive gathering meant to strengthen black families, Dinerstein and his GOP friends see it as stark evil.

Why? Because it was organized by Louis Farrakhan. The fact that Obama attended the peaceful event only means he's an anti-Semite like Farrakhan, who has been associated with Obama's famous former pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright, another man who has criticized the treatment of Palestinians and whose name is the first listed by the unknown author of "Obama and the Jews."

Forget that the march was celebrated by mainstream America as a positive event or that Obama rebuked Farrakhan's black nationalist ideas in his first book, Dreams of My Father. That wouldn't do at all when you're trying to smear a candidate via acquaintances and associations.

"I've always been a Hillary girl," says Gertrude Weinberg, an incredibly energetic and sharp 91-year-old.

Weinberg, the head of Wynmoor's Democratic club, is fairly typical among the condo residents: She's a politically active Jewish Democrat who stood squarely behind Hillary.

But she says she's come around to Obama, especially after Wexler's post-boo speech about the candidate. "I'm at peace right now," says Weinberg, a dance instructor who retired from Jersey City 31 years ago. "I was very much a Hillary person, but at this point, as long as it's a Democrat, I'm happy. It has to be a Democrat. If it was McCain, it would be another Bush — and this man is not a very intelligent man."

She says the idea of opening talks with those who disagree with U.S. policy sounds like a good idea, breaking it down this way: "If you're angry with someone, you can't get un-angry with them — if that's a word — if you don't talk."

But she acknowledges there are still holdouts at Wynmoor.

"When they say they are going to vote for McCain, it makes me sick," she says. "And I try to talk to them out of it. They'll come around. They are too intelligent not to."

Not if Sid Dinerstein has anything to do with it.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2008-06-12/news/the-jewish-problem/1

In the olden days, I remember people being concerned with things like -

Will a Catholic president be loyal to the Pope first?

Would a Jewish president be loyal to Israel first?

Where do Obama's loyalties point?

McCain's?

(I don't remember much from when McCain ran in the past.)

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2008, 10:07:58 AM »

“Every once in a while what he really means slips out like yesterday on the Today Show,” Obama said of McCain’s comment about leaving troops in Iraq.

He warned that the general election campaign could get ugly. “They’re going to try to scare people. They’re going to try to say that ‘that Obama is a scary guy,’” he said. A donor yelled out a deep accented “Don’t give in!”

“I won’t but that sounded pretty scary. You’re a tough guy,” Obama said.

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”
Obama said. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

http://thepage.time.com/obama-pool-report-from-philadelphia-fundraiser/

gloves are coming off? 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »

Knives and guns? Well that's a new one, toward more colorful language?

Obama is in over his head, the charismatic speeches to the masses won't be able to compensate for his true colors coming out. I don't respect his analogy one bit, we have enough violence in our nation without him likening a political campaign to a street fight with knives and guns. It reminds me of Wright's inflammatory chest-beating to qualify whatever it takes to include violence, to get reparations.

Interesting to read the the link you posted to the Halperin piece, that once again despite large questions around Obama's fund raising - this all occurred at a fundraiser that

"Co-hosts for the event had to raise $10,000 and guests were asked for a maximum donation of $2,300 and a minimum of $1,000"

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »

Interesting read.......this touches on much of what I've been posting regarding, that even though this is a precedent-setting moment in our history to have a blended race man who has selected to capitalize upon his black heritage as a campaign asset, that ultimately MY country is too important to me to make it just about race. Who and what that political candidate brings to the table in bonafide skills to lead our country is what my vote will be evaluating. William's mother's quote at the end of this piece terrifies me for the future of the presidency. We have no margin for error left currently, we have to get it right with qualified leadership suited for the global arena rife with mammoth issues.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/141484/page/1

Black conservatives conflicted on Obama campaignFaced with first major black candidate, black conservatives consider voting for Obama

By FREDERIC J. FROMMER Associated Press Writer | AP
Jun 15, 2008

WASHINGTON) Black conservative talk show host Armstrong Williams has never voted for a Democrat for president. That could change this year with Barack Obama as the Democratic Party's nominee.

"I don't necessarily like his policies; I don't like much that he advocates, but for the first time in my life, history thrusts me to really seriously think about it," Williams said. "I can honestly say I have no idea who I'm going to pull that lever for in November. And to me, that's incredible."

Just as Obama has touched black Democratic voters, he has engendered conflicting emotions among black Republicans. They revel over the possibility of a black president but wrestle with the thought that the Illinois senator doesn't sit beside them ideologically.

"Among black conservatives," Williams said, "they tell me privately, it would be very hard to vote against him in November."

Perhaps sensing the possibility of such a shift, Republican presidential candidate John McCain has made some efforts to lure black voters. He recently told Essence magazine that he would attend the NAACP's annual convention next month, and he noted that he recently traveled to Selma, Ala., scene of seminal voting rights protests in the 1960s, and "talked about the need to include 'forgotten Americans.'"

Still, the Arizona senator has a tall order in winning black votes, no doubt made taller by running against a black opponent. In 2004, blacks chose Democrat John Kerry over President Bush by an 88 percent to 11 percent margin, according to exit polls.

J.C. Watts, a former Oklahoma congressman who once was part of the GOP House leadership, said he's thinking of voting for Obama. Watts said he's still a Republican, but he criticizes his party for neglecting the black community. Black Republicans, he said, have to concede that while they might not agree with Democrats on issues, at least that party reaches out to them.

"And Obama highlights that even more," Watts said, adding that he expects Obama to take on issues such as poverty and urban policy. "Republicans often seem indifferent to those things."

Likewise, retired Gen. Colin Powell, who became the country's first black secretary of state under President George W. Bush, said both candidates are qualified and that he will not necessarily vote for the Republican.

"I will vote for the individual I think that brings the best set of tools to the problems of 21st-century America and the 21st-century world regardless of party, regardless of anything else other than the most qualified candidate," Powell said Thursday in Vancouver in comments reported by The Globe and Mail in Toronto.

Writer and actor Joseph C. Phillips got so excited about Obama earlier this year that he started calling himself an "Obamacan" — Obama Republican. Phillips, who appeared on "The Cosby Show" as Denise Huxtable's husband, Navy Lt. Martin Kendall, said he has wavered since, but he is still thinking about voting for Obama.

"I am wondering if this is the time where we get over the hump, where an Obama victory will finally, at long last, move us beyond some of the old conversations about race," Phillips said. "That possibly, just possibly, this great country can finally be forgiven for its original sin, or find some absolution."

Yet Phillips, author of the book "He Talk Like a White Boy," realizes the irony of voting for a candidate based on race to get beyond race.

"We have to not judge him based on his race, but on his desirability as a political candidate," he said. "And based on that, I have a lot of disagreements with him on a lot of issues. I go back and forth."

Michael Steele, the Republican former lieutenant governor of Maryland who lost a Senate race there in 2006, said he is proud of Obama as a black man, but that "come November, I will do everything in my power to defeat him." Electing Obama, he said, would not automatically solve the woes of the black community.

"I think people who try to put this sort of messianic mantle on Barack's nomination are a little bit misguided," he said.

John McWhorter, a self-described political moderate who is a senior fellow at the conservative Manhattan Institute and a New York Sun columnist, said Obama's Democratic Party victory "proves that while there still is some racism in the United States, there is not enough to matter in any serious manner. This is a watershed moment."

"Obama is probably more to the left than I would prefer on a lot of issues," he adds. "But this issue of getting past race for real is such a wedge issue for me. And he is so intelligent, and I think he would be a perfectly competent president, that I'm for him. I want him to get in because, in a way, it will put me out of a job."

James T. Harris, a Milwaukeeradio talk show host and public speaker, said he opposes Obama "with love in my heart."

"We are of the same generation. He's African American and I'm an American of African descent. We both have lovely wives and beautiful children," Harris said. "Other than that, we've got nothing in common. I hope he loses every state."

Moderate Republican Edward Brooke, who blazed his own trail in Massachusetts in 1966 as the first black popularly elected U.S. senator, said he is "extremely proud and confident and joyful" to see Obama ascend. Obama sent Brooke a signed copy of his book, inscribed, "Thank you for paving the way," and Brooke sent his own signed book to Obama, calling the presumed Democratic nominee "a worthy bearer of the torch."

Brooke, who now lives in Florida, won't say which candidate will get his endorsement, but he does say that race won't be a factor in his decision.

"This is the most important election in our history," Brooke said. "And with the world in the condition that it is, I think we've got to get the best person we can get."

Williams, the commentator, says his 82-year-old mother, who also hasn't voted for a Democratic presidential candidate, has already made up her mind.

"She is so proud of Senator Barack Obama, and she has made it clear to all of us that she's voting for him in November," Williams relates. "That is historic. Every time I call her, she asks, 'How's Obama doing?' They feel as if they are a part of this. Because she said, given the history of this country, she never thought she'd ever live to see this moment."

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2008, 12:12:57 PM »

The executive committee member of the Tennessee Democratic Party as well as Rep. Lincoln Davis, D-Tenn as withholding endorsement of Barack Obama.  Why?  They both suspect possible terrorist connections.

Janet

++++++++

Tennessee Dem Suggests Obama May Be ‘Terrorist Connected’
by FOXNews.com
Friday, June 13, 2008

Proving just how important Barack Obama’s new rumor-busting Web site could be, a Tennessee Democratic Party member told a local newspaper that the presumptive nominee of his party “may be terrorist connected.”

The Nashville City Paper quoted Fred Hobbs, identified as an executive committee member of the state Democratic Party, in an article Friday examining why Rep. Lincoln Davis, D-Tenn., was withholding his endorsement of Obama.

Hobbs told the City Paper he understands why Davis is slow to endorse, because Hobbs said he, too, is “skeptical” of Obama.

“Maybe (it’s) the same reason I don’t want to — I don’t exactly approve of a lot of the things he stands for and I’m not sure we know enough about him,” Hobbs told the paper. “He’s got some bad connections, and he may be terrorist connected for all I can tell. It sounds kind of like he may be.”

The Tennessee Democratic Party later issued a statement saying Hobbs was “obviously misinformed” and that Tennessee Democrats are united behind Obama.

But Hobbs’ statement was an example of the kind of remarks that apparently led the Obama campaign to launch a new Web site this week dedicated to fighting rumors about his candidacy.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/13/tennessee-dem-suggests-obama-may-be-terrorist-connected/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2008, 12:21:36 PM »

Hatem El-Hady ... a convicted terrorist ... was afford a page on Obama's website until ... the media made an issue about it.

Janet

+++++++++++

Fundraiser's Web Page - Update: Terror Fundraiser's Page Disappears!
Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 6:52:41 am PST

Hatem El-Hady, former chairman of the Toledo-based Islamic charity Kindhearts (closed by the US government in 2006 for terrorist fundraising), has now devoted himself to raising money for the Barack Obama campaign.

One day Hatem El-Hady's web page listed three friends ... Michelle Obama included.  The next day ... the page listed two friends ... Michelle Obama name was gone.  The next day the page went "poof".

Janet

++++++++++++++

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/29729_Michelle_Obamas_Name_Removed_from_Terrorist_Fundraisers

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2008, 12:26:05 PM »

EDITED POST ... I messed up the post above.

++++++++++++

Hatem El-Hady ... a convicted terrorist ... was afforded a page on Obama's official website until ... the media made an issue about it.

One day Hatem El-Hady's web page listed three friends ... Michelle Obama included.  The next day ... the page listed two friends ... Michelle Obama name was gone.  The next day the page went "poof".

Janet

Fundraiser's Web Page - Update: Terror Fundraiser's Page Disappears!
Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 6:52:41 am PST

Hatem El-Hady, former chairman of the Toledo-based Islamic charity Kindhearts (closed by the US government in 2006 for terrorist fundraising), has now devoted himself to raising money for the Barack Obama campaign.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/29729_Michelle_Obamas_Name_Removed_from_Terrorist_Fundraisers

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2008, 12:45:36 PM »

The Tennessee Democratic Party has gone into damage control but ... logic dictates that there must have been a foundation to Fred Hobb's ... Democratic Pary Executive Committee member ... statement to the media.

Janet

++++++++++++

Updated: Superdelegate Davis slow to endorse Obama
By John Rodgers, jrodgers@nashvillecitypaper.com
Updated: Friday, June 13, 2008 2:33 am

Fred Hobbs, a state Democratic Party Executive Committee member representing part of Davis’ district, said he understands why Davis is not endorsing Obama and is “skeptical” of the Illinois senator himself.

“Maybe [it’s] the same reason I don’t want to — I don’t exactly approve of a lot of the things he stands for and I’m not sure we know enough about him,” Hobbs said when asked why he thought Davis wasn’t endorsing Obama. “He’s got some bad connections, and he may be terrorist connected for all I can tell. It sounds kind of like he may be.”

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=60813

+++++++

UPDATE #1

The Tennessee Democratic Party issued the following statement Friday morning in response to this story:

“The Tennessee Democratic Party is united behind our party’s nominee, Senator Barack Obama. Mr. Hobbs is obviously misinformed, and his statement highlights the perpetual efforts of the Republican Party, especially here in Tennessee, to turn internet smears and highly offensive gossip into their party’s message against Senator Barack Obama as we head into the General Election. Instead of debating the issues, the Tennessee Republican Party continues to rely upon slanderous and salacious tall tales. They are borrowing from the playbook first written by Richard Nixon and employed in the race against Congressman Harold Ford Jr. Tennesseans of every political persuasion are tired of these tactics.”

UPDATE #2

Beecher Frasier, Chief of Staff for Rep. Lincoln Davis, issued this statement clarifying his position:

"No one in their right mind, including me, believes Senator Obama has ties to terrorism. It is truly ridiculous for anyone to try to make hay out of these comments."

_____

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »

It doesn't matter much what anyone says. Obama will be President and everyone will have to live with it. This is 2008. It's time to embrace bi-raciality. It is foolish to continue to think the Caucasian race is the only good one in the United States. IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE. The current US government is like stagnating, stinking water ... it needs to be rinsed out at least three times with bleach.

If people want to move forward, they have to take a risk. If they don't take a risk, they will remain in the same spot. THE WORLD MOVES FORWARD. It doesn't stay the same and it does not go backward.

I urge all of you to keep pace with the world. For God's sake, embrace something new and congratulate yourself for moving forward.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »

Louise ... Race is not the issue!  Ideology is!

The majority of Americans would not embrace change if that change has a foundation based on the ideology of Karl Marx.

The only problem is ... Barack Obama is a "wolf in sheep's clothing ... a Marxist disguised as a Democract and ... many Americans fail to see through the charade and ... will be casting an uninformed ballot.

Janet

++++++++++++

Obama Sought Endorsement of Marxist Third Party in 1996
May 29, 2008
By Warner Todd Huston

Here is some interesting as well as character confirming info about one of Barack Obama’s former runs for office. Apparently, Obama actively sought and received the stamp of approval of a Marxist third party that operated briefly in Chicago between 1992 and 1998. The group was called the “New Party” and was started in 1992 by Daniel Cantor (a former staffer for Jesse Jackson’s 1988 presidential campaign) and Joel Rogers (a sociology and law professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison).

The New Party was a Marxist political coalition whose objective was to endorse and elect leftist public officials — most often Democrats. The New Party’s short-term objective was to move the Democratic Party leftward, thereby setting the stage for the eventual rise of new Marxist third party.

Most New Party members hailed from the Democratic Socialists of America and the militant organization ACORN. The party’s Chicago chapter also included a large contingent from the Committees of Correspondence, a Marxist coalition of former Maoists, Trotskyists, and Communist Party USA members.

The New Party’s modus operandi included the political strategy of “electoral fusion,” where it would nominate, for various political offices, candidates from other parties (usually Democrats), thereby enabling each of those candidates to occupy more than one ballot line in the voting booth. By so doing, the New Party often was able to influence candidates’ platforms. (Fusion of this type is permitted in seven states — Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Mississippi, New York, South Carolina, and Vermont — but is common only in New York.)

Though Illinois was not one of the states that permitted electoral fusion, in 1995 Barack Obama nonetheless sought the New Party’s endorsement for his 1996 state senate run. He was successful in obtaining that endorsement, and he used a number of New Party volunteers as campaign workers.

In 1996, three of the four candidates endorsed by the New Party won their electoral primaries. The three victors included Barack Obama (in the 13th State Senate District), Danny Davis (in the 7th Congressional District), and Patricia Martin, who won the race for Judge in the 7th Subcircuit Court. All four candidates attended an April 11, 1996 New Party membership meeting to express their gratitude for the party’s support.

The New Party’s various chapters similarly helped to elect dozens of other political candidates in a host of American cities.

One of the more notable New Party members was Carl Davidson, a Chicago-based Marxist who became a political supporter of Barack Obama in the mid-1990s.

In 1997 the New Party’s influence declined precipitously after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that electoral fusion was not protected by the First Amendment’s freedom of association clause. By 1998 the party was essentially defunct. Daniel Canto and other key party members went on to establish a new organization with similar ideals, the Working Families Party of New York.

This news pretty much confirms that Barack Obama is at the very least a neo-Marxist and also confirms the claim that he is one of the most far left leaning Senators we have in office today.

This man is no “new” politician, no “centrist,” and not interested in ever “reaching across the aisle.” This whole “new way” line of bunkum is all smoke a mirrors.

http://conservablogs.com/publiusforum/2008/05/29/obama-sought-endorsement-of-marxist-third-party-in-1996/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2008, 10:33:35 PM »

Barack Obama's church (TUCC) of over twenty years embraces the racist, Marxist, anti-American writings of James Cone in its mission statement.

Janet

+++++++++++++++

Black Liberation Is Marxist Liberation
By Anthony B. Bradley

One of the pillars of Obama's home church, Trinity United Church of Christ, is "economic parity." On the website, Trinity claims that God is not pleased with "America's economic mal-distribution." Among all of controversial comments by Jeremiah Wright the idea of massive wealth redistribution is the most alarming. The code language "economic parity" and references to "mal-distribution" is nothing more than channeling the twisted economic views of Karl Marx. Black liberation theologians have explicitly stated a preference for Marxism as an ethical framework for the black church because Marxist thought is predicated on a system of oppressor class (whites) versus victim class (blacks).

Black Liberation theologians James Cone and Cornel West have worked diligently to embed Marxist thought into the black church since the 1970s. For Cone, Marxism best addressed remedies to the condition of Blacks as victims of White oppression. In For My People, Cone explains that "the Christian faith does not possess in its nature the means for analyzing the structure of capitalism. Marxism as a tool of social analysis can disclose the gap between appearance and reality, and thereby help Christians to see how things really are."

In God of the Oppressed, Cone said that Marx's chief contribution is "his disclosure of the ideological character of bourgeois thought, indicating the connections between the 'ruling material force of society' and the 'ruling intellectual' force." Marx's thought is useful and attractive to Cone because it allows Black theologians to critique racism in America on the basis of power and revolution.

For Cone, integrating Marx into Black theology helps theologians see just how much social perceptions determine theological questions and conclusions. Moreover, these questions and answers are "largely a reflection of the material condition of a given society."

In 1979, Cornel West offered a critical integration of Marxism and Black theology in his essay, "Black Theology and Marxist Thought" because of the shared human experience of oppressed peoples as victims. West sees a strong correlation between Black theology and Marxist thought because "both focus on the plight of the exploited, oppressed and degraded peoples of the world, their relative powerlessness and possible empowerment." This common focus prompts West to call for "a serious dialogue between Black theologians and Marxist thinkers"--a dialogue that centers on the possibility of "mutually arrived-at political action."

In his book Prophesy Deliverance, West believes that by working together, Marxists and Black theologians can spearhead much-needed social change for those who are victims of oppression. He appreciates Marxism for its "notions of class struggle, social contradictions, historical specificity, and dialectical developments in history" that explain the role of power and wealth in bourgeois capitalist societies. A common perspective among Marxist thinkers is that bourgeois capitalism creates and perpetuates ruling-class domination--which, for Black theologians in America, means the domination and victimization of Blacks by Whites. American has been over run by "White racism within mainstream establishment churches and religious agencies," writes West.

Perhaps it is the Marxism imbedded in Obama's attending Trinity Church that should raise red flags. "Economic parity" and "distribution" language implies things like government-coerced wealth redistribution, perpetual minimum wage increases, government subsidized health care for all, and the like. One of the priorities listed on Obama's campaign website reads, "Obama will protect tax cuts for poor and middle class families, but he will reverse most of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest taxpayers."

Black Liberation Theology, originally intended to help the black community, may have actually hurt many blacks by promoting racial tension, victimology, and Marxism which ultimately leads to more oppression. As the failed "War on Poverty" has exposed, the best way to keep the blacks perpetually enslaved to government as "daddy" is to preach victimology, Marxism, and seduce blacks into thinking that upward mobility is someone else's responsibility in a free society.

Anthony B. Bradley is a research fellow at the Acton Institute, and assistant professor of theology at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis. His PhD

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2008, 10:56:33 PM »

Louise ... Race is not the issue!  Ideology is!

The majority of Americans would not embrace change if that change has a foundation based on the ideology of Karl Marx.

The only problem is ... Barack Obama is a "wolf in sheep's clothing ... a Marxist disguised as a Democract and ... many Americans fail to see through the charade and ... will be casting an uninformed ballot.

Janet

++++++++++++

Obama Sought Endorsement of Marxist Third Party in 1996
May 29, 2008
By Warner Todd Huston

that's another article posted all over the right wing blogs.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Obama+Sought+Endorsement+of+Marxist+Third+Party+in+1996%22&start=20&sa=N

appeared about two weeks ago.

please first check if such an article contains some truth.
i haven't gone over everything.

but how is The New Party marxist?
and how is ACORN militant?

it appears to be another classic smear, guild by association attempt.
one that gets posted all over the blogs.
there have been so many already.
and they still get posted all over without any checking and all the commenters see there prejudices confirmed and swallow it as it were truths.

maybe a new Fight The Smears article is needed.
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/fightthesmearshome/

here Obama explains exactly how the smearing tactic is used against him:

Obama Camp Takes On Internet Rumors

(CBS)
From CBS News' Maria Gavrilovic:

CHICAGO -- The Obama campaign launched a new Web site today to combat Internet rumors and what they call a “smear” campaign against both Michelle and Barack Obama. The website, www.fightthesmears.com, is being run by current staff in the communications, policy and research departments.

The first rumor to be addressed head on by the campaign is Michelle Obama’s alleged use of the word “whitey” from the pulpit at Trinity United, which some conservative bloggers claim to have on tape. The campaign denies that such a tape exists on the new Web site. Last week, when Obama was asked about Internet rumors, including the “whitey” comment, he blamed the mainstream media for giving the story “legs.”

Visibly annoyed by the question, Obama told one reporter, “There is dirt and lies that are circulated in e-mail and they pump them out long enough until finally you, a mainstream reporter, asks me about them. And then that gives legs to the story.”

Obama added, “Simply because something appears in an e-mail that should lend it no more credence then if you heard it on the corner. And, presumably the job of the press is to not go around and spread scurrilous rumors like this until there’s actually anything, one iota of substance or evidence that would substantiate it.”

However, despite Obama’s dismissal of internet rumors and e-mails, the campaign admits that the issues need to be addressed. Some of these emails, such as those claiming that Obama is Muslim, have been circulated on the Internet since last October.

Spokeswoman, Jen Psaki said, “The best antidote to a smear campaign is the truth and it is incumbent upon the campaign to make sure the most accurate information about Barack Obama is available.”

The new Web site has an additional tool designed to combat these rumors -- an option to send mass emails denying the Internet buzz. The campaign is looking to supporters to be more proactive and to disseminate information on their behalf.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/06/12/politics/fromtheroad/entry4175109.shtml

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2008, 11:23:29 PM »

caesu

I sincerely believe the American people are being deceived.  I do have a right-wing agenda.  My open right-wing agenda is to exposed the hidden extreme (Marxist) left-wing agenda of Barack Obama.  My agenda and others with a like mindset is to insure that every ballot that is cast for Obama and his Marxist agenda is an informed ballot.

Everything I post on this forum regarding the Marxist, anti-American, racist individuals and organizations that Barack Obama has been associated with over the past twenty years is backed up.  Everything I post is based on truth.

Janet

+++++++++

THE FOUNDATION OF TRINITY UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST (TUCC) - BARACK OBAMA’S CHURCH FOR THE PAST TWENTY YEARS

“The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.”

http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

++++++++++++++

The Marxist Roots of Black Liberation Theology
April 2, 2008

While Black Liberation Theology is not main stream in most black churches, many pastors in Wright’s generation are burdened by (James) Cone’s categories which laid the foundation for many to embrace Marxism and a distorted self-image of the perpetual “victim.”

In FOR MY PEOPLE, Cone explains that “the Christian faith does not possess in its nature the means for analyzing the structure of capitalism. Marxism as a tool of social analysis can disclose the gap between appearance and reality, and thereby help Christians to see how things really are.”

More:
http://www.acton.org/commentary/443_marxist_roots_of_black_liberation_theology.php

++++++++

QUOTES - “BLACK POWER & BLACK THEOLOGY”

“Christ is black therefore not because of some cultural or psychological need of black people, but because and only because Christ really enters into our world where the poor were despised and the black are, disclosing that he is with them enduring humiliation and pain and transforming oppressed slaves into liberating servants.” James Cone

“Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of black theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the black community … Black theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the white enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love.” James Cone

“In the New Testament, Jesus is not for all, but for the oppressed, the poor and unwanted of society, and against oppressors … Either God is for black people in their fight for liberation and against the white oppressors, or he is not.” James Cone

++++++++++

Obama Explains Why He Quit Church
June 01, 2008 4:54 AM

ABC News' Sunlen Miller Reports: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., held a long press availability in Aberdeen, South Dakota Saturday night to discuss his resignation from Trinity United church.

"Michelle and I told Rev Otis Moss that we were withdrawing as members of Trinity. It's a decision that Michelle and I had discussed for quite some time after the National Press Club episode.  I had discussed it with Rev. Moss. We had prayed on it.  We had consulted with a number of friends and family members who are also connected to the church. And so this is not decision I come to lightly, and frankly it is one that I make with some sadness," Obama said in prepared remarks.

Obama praised the current pastor of Trinity, Rev. Moss and said that he continues to admire the work that Rev. Jeremiah Wright did in building up the church.

He insisted that Trinity itself is not a church worth denouncing. "I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested in people who want me to denounce the church, because it's not a church worthy of denouncing

More:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/06/

_____

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2008, 11:44:05 PM »

caesu

I sincerely believe the American people are being deceived.  I do have a right-wing agenda.  My open right-wing agenda is to exposed the hidden extreme (Marxist) left-wing agenda of Barack Obama.  My agenda and others with a like mindset is to insure that every ballot that is cast for Obama and his Marxist agenda is an informed ballot.

Everything I post on this forum regarding the Marxist, anti-American, racist individuals and organizations that Barack Obama has been associated with over the past twenty years is backed up.  Everything I post is based on truth.

Janet

and i sincerely think a small amount of people are being deceived through those smears in believing that Obama is marxist/communist, anti-american, racist.

do you believe in the following smears?
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/fightthesmearshome/

or do you accept some were not true and are now debunked?

for example you have been posting quotes from his books.
these quotes were false. therefore not backed up or based on truth.

or do you think now that these quotes came from 'another version' of his book?
if so, please provide me with a scanned photocopy of that quote.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2008, 11:31:13 AM »

something funny:

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=173522

Baracknophobia 

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2008, 01:30:52 PM »

Kermit, first I read Obama's book, the original version, the uncut, undoctored version of "Audacity of Hope..."  and I do opposition research. 

I contacted Obama's people and hope to get a response from them regarding what you said you read.

I think it's important to know the facts and I would like and hope they do respond. If they do, I'll post it.

Have you read Barkley's book, "Who's Afraid of a Large Black Man yet?
It has some interesting truths in Obama's own words. A fascinating book in general and quick read.

Kermit,  I see you as a pretty intelligent frog, but do you seriously believe a presidential candidate is going to give you anything but what is viewed as positive in light of 'there' candidate?  I don't think ANY political 'people' would give anything other than what they want us to know,  I don't care WHO it is!   Obama wrote that book, it's HIS words, no if's, ands or but's about it.   Of course his 'people' are going to come back and spin it to there advantage!

Tyler!  Please stay here and continue to shower us with your political wisdom!   We MISS YOU!   [HUGS]

I've been around the political arena to know who is who and what they say or what they spin.
I also think that truth has a way when spoken, one knows it.

I like to hear it from the horses mouth rather then from a person's agenda which is usually slanted to fit their own agenda. We see it in every campaign I'm afraid.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2008, 01:32:54 PM »

<snipped>

As for Obama, he was not aware of the Rev. Wrights complete beliefs until that old codger exposed himself and at first, as you well know, he defended the man whom he considered a friend and good person, but then when Rev. Wright continued his tribe, Obama left/resigned from that church. I'm sure you have had issues at your church where they did some things you found out later were not of your beliefs and you separated as quickly as possible from that.

I always look at both & all sides before judging a man.

Obama lied to the American people at the end of April when he implied that he was unaware of Jeremiah Wright controversial ministry ... the ministry of the church he had been a member of for over twenty years.

Janet
_________

Obama Rips Rev. Wright
April 30, 2008

"I have been a member of Trinity United Church of Christ since 1992, and have known Reverend Wright for 20 years," Obama said. "The person I saw yesterday was not the person that I met 20 years ago."

http://cbs2chicago.com/campaign08/obama.rips.wright.2.711401.html

+++++++++++++

IN HIS OWN WORDS - DREAMS OF MY FATHER

Audacity of Barack Obama and Rev. Wright
March 18, 2008 01:00 PM EST

In Senator Obama's first book, titled Dreams of My Father and published in 1995 (after he had been elected president of the Harvard Law Review but before he had been elected to public office), Senator Obama wrote at length about Rev. Wright and his moving "Audacity of Hope" speech.

In Dreams, Senator Obama explained how he met Rev. Wright, whom he mentioned had been "dabbling with liquor, Islam, and black nationalism in the sixties."

He acknowledged that Rev. Wright immediately had given him fair warning that he was controversial, by quoting Rev. Wright as having said: "Some of my fellow clergy don't appreciate what we're about. They feel like we're too radical. Others, we aren't radical enough. Too emotional. Not emotional enough."

He also acknowledged that Rev. Wright let him know at their first meeting that he looked unfavorably on America and expected to continue to do so, by stating, "Life's not safe for a black man in this country, Barack. Never has been. Probably never will be."

Senator Obama left with one of Rev. Wright's "Black Value System" brochures.

When Senator Barack listened to Rev. Wright's "Audacity of Hope" sermon, September 11, 2001 was years away, but, Senator Obama admitted in Dreams, Rev. Wright castigated America.

Senator Obama put it this way: "Reverend Wright spoke of Sharpsville and Hiroshima, the callousness of policy makers in the White House and in the State House. As the sermon unfolded...the stories of strife became more prosaic, the pain more immediate...."

So it's hard to believe that Senator Obama was not familiar until very recently with Rev. Wright's position on the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/

Were you ever a member of a church who supported and worked with polygamists?

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2008, 01:37:17 PM »

kermit I think you and I were posting simultaneously prior, just wanted to let you know I appreciate your response and wish I weren't always so distracted when I post due to work demands - but I am.

The church I grew up in was at times, very old school and I too moved to other churches and being away in boarding school, we actually were allowed to visit any church on Sunday as long as we could walk to and from services. That opened my eyes too, for I had friends from different denominations and some of us switched off going to one's church one week, another the next? So even prior to going to college it afforded a fuller perspective.

What hasn't fit all along to me was in light of the educational credentials Obama has, that he would have ever been drawn into membership at a non-progressive church. I do view Trinity as a step back in time to fire and brimstone, as well as a group that has moved so far away from MLK's hope for peaceful protest, to an 'in your face' drive for reparations.

These are the pieces that I struggle with, I struggled a bit watching Michelle applaud Obama over and over on the podium the night he did win the nomination - not hugs or smiles but how she repeatedly held her clapping hands up nearly in his face. Maybe it's the way she responds to excitement or emotions, I don't know but what I do know is all of the puzzle pieces here are not lining up to a comfortable picture. One that I can make sense of and I think I am a very well-traveled and pretty enlightened human being. I've won awards for some of my work in diversity within the last decade so I think that's a non-issue for me.

It's how you use race or religion, if you see it as a part of what you are and not a tool to achieve with or worse, to use as a platform for your personal ambitions.

In a perfect world Obama is a mini melting pot - part black, part white, part muslim, part christian - that should work for many and not only black-americans or muslims.

There is a reason why that message of unity isn't resonating and as a result, I just cannot support him and hopefully all the pieces of the puzzle will come to the light eventually.

I still remember similar concerns when Kennedy ran for President over his religious beliefs.

Obviously, from your post you are a very intelligent woman who observes  & disseminates information and understands her own gut feelings and I respect that a lot.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.