March 28, 2024, 12:07:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #758 6/14 - 6/18/08  (Read 258924 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: June 16, 2008, 09:13:13 AM »

Be careful what you wish for!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/30/earlyshow/main802484.shtml

Suspect's Kin Answer Natalee's
PALM BEACH, Aruba, Aug. 30, 2005

(CBS) Paul and Anita van der Sloot's dream is to have their son home.

In an exclusive interview with CBS News correspondent Kelly Cobiella, Anita says, "We want him to go on with his life."

Joran van der Sloot, 18, has been held since early June in the May 30 disappearance from Aruba of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

Joran hasn't been charged, but authorities on the Dutch Caribbean island have named him a suspect in the case.

His parents say the only thing established for sure is that Joran was with Natalee the night she vanished, and they stand by his insistence that he didn't hurt her.

Prosecutors have to notify Joran's attorney if they plan to ask a judge to hold him for 30 more days. As of Monday night, it hadn't happened. A hearing is set for Wednesday, and Joran could be set free.

Natalee's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, says she's convinced Joran is guilty and that Paul, a one-time judge in training, is helping Joran get away with it.

Paul denies it, saying, "We are not hiding anything. We are telling the whole truth, nothing but the truth. And we've always told Joran to tell the truth."

From the beginning, Cobiella says, Joran has been the main suspect, and the primary focus of prosecutors and the press. Anita accuses both of following bad leads and spreading rumors, instead of looking for the truth.

But she's most upset with Holloway's family for attacking her son and husband on television.

"I think what the family is doing is terrible," Anita says. "I don't think it's their right to do these things like this. I know they must be upset."

The van der Sloots have chosen to defend themselves only sporadically until now, because they blame the U.S. media for making their son look guilty.

"News should be based on facts," Anita says. "If not, it's a show … to damage people, to slander people. That is no news, no news at all."

But the van der Sloots agree with Holloway's family on this: The investigation was botched from the beginning and, they add, that they also desperately want the mystery solved.

"If Natalee is never found," Paul says, "it will always, always hit our lives, not only the lives of the Holloways, but also our lives."

The van der Sloots have an angel in their home they keep lit for Natalee, but right now their focus is on their own child.

"Our goal is to get Joran back," Anita says. "I just want my kid back. It has been enough. It really has been enough."

Hi Mommy!  I'm home!

Did your dream come true, mommy?  Just like you taught me--not to hide anything.  That big bad American media stopped making me look guilty.  I'm in the Dutch media now where news is based on fact so there is no show, it's the real me.  Your goal has been realized, your sporter is back!  Aren't you happy Daddy?

Mom are you home?

I'll be right there dear.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: June 16, 2008, 09:16:39 AM »

already mentioned in previous thread:

Rudy Croes has found a new temporary PG:

Robert Pietersz

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/5056/18/

haven't read a full article about it. it is not in a dutch language paper yet.

all i now know about him is that he is the former head of the advisory board of the Governor of the Antilles.
and before that he was the PG of the Antilles.

don't know if he has been approved by the kingdom yet.
July 1st Nico Jörg leaves.
I read some where last night that he will be AG on aruba for 6 months and he starts work June 23rd IIRC.

you are right, he starts work june 23rd. appointment is for 6 months.

his appointment was approved last friday.

http://www.minbzk.nl/onderwerpen/de-nederlandse/114135/benoeming_3

he has been:

*judge at the Common Court Antilles/Aruba (80s, early 90s?)
*procureur general of the Antilles (before 1998)
*vice-chairman of the advisory board to the governor of the Antilles (chairman of that board is the governor himself). (at least since 1998)

*as far as i know he is still general counsel to the Bank of the Antilles.
Thanks for the info Caesu.
So for each island(aruba,bonair etc)there is a governor and then the rest of the political group.....then there is also another governer/group that oversees the Antilles?Or is aruba also known as the Antilles?

there is a governor for Aruba.
http://www.kabga.aw/en/index.php?page=default

and a governor for the Antilles (Curaçao, Bonaire, St. Maarten, Saba, St. Eustatius).
http://www.gouverneur.an/index.php?lang=en

there is a OM on Aruba with a procureur general.
and a OM on the Antilles with a procureur general.

but Aruba and the Antilles share a Higher Court on Curaçao.

but next year it is all going to change.
Curaçao and St. Maarten are also getting status aparte just as Aruba.
so then i think there are three governors.
maybe also three OM and three procureur generals but maybe Curaçao and St. Maarten will continue to share the OM.

they will continue to share the Higher Court. Rudy Croes wants this moved to Aruba.
or allow the Higher Court to have sessions on Aruba.
because he doesn't like that Arubans have to go to Curaçao for appeals.

Bonaire, Saba ans St. Eustatius become special Dutch municipalities.
so they become something like a overseas Dutch town.
they are then part of the European Union.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netherlands_Antilles#Future_status

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: June 16, 2008, 09:17:41 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,163750,00.html

Firefighters Drain Lake in Search for Natalee
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Associated Press

ORANJESTAD, Aruba  —

Aruban firefighters were draining a lake Tuesday in the search for an Alabama teenager who vanished nearly two months ago while vacationing in the island.

Edwin Comemencia, a police spokesman, confirmed that the draining of the lake across from the Marriott Hotel was part of the investigation into Natalee Holloway's (search) disappearance but would not comment further. A jailed Dutch youth has said he was with Holloway in the area the night she disappeared.

The draining was expected to take up to 24 hours.

Earlier Tuesday, Holloway's stepfather, George Twitty (search), said two new witnesses had come forward with information about the night she disappeared.

One witness told investigators that he saw Joran van der Sloot (search), the 17-year-old who has been detained as the main suspect, driving to a nightclub across the road from the Marriott Hotel around 2:30 a.m. the night Holloway disappeared, Twitty said.

The witness said van der Sloot tried to hide his face with his hands as he drove to the Racquet Club with two Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, Twitty said. The Kalpoe brothers were detained as suspects and later released.

The stepfather said the account places the three individuals near the hotel beach where van der Sloot says he left 18-year-old Holloway alone the last night she was seen in public.

"What's interesting is the time — 2:30 a.m. — when the three were supposedly on their way home," said Twitty, referring to their previous accounts to investigators.

The witness, a gardener whose name was not disclosed, gave his account to investigators on Friday, Twitty said.

The Kalpoe brothers first told police that they and van der Sloot dropped Holloway at her hotel around 2 a.m. the morning of May 30. Later, they said they had lied to protect their friend and that they had dropped the Dutch youth and American teen at a beach near the hotel.

A second new witness told a private investigator hired by Holloway's family that she saw van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers drive into the Racquet Club three times that same night. The woman, who lives near the nightclub, has not yet spoken with investigators, he said.

Aruban authorities did not comment on the stepfather's statements.

An attorney for van der Sloot, Richie Kock, said authorities had not told him about the new witnesses. Lawyers for the Kalpoe brothers were not immediately available for comment.

No one has been charged in the case, and van der Sloot is the only suspect still detained.

Holloway vanished after an evening of eating, drinking and dancing at a nightclub which she left with the three young men, hours before she was to catch a flight home to Mountain Brook, Ala., at the end of a graduation trip with 124 classmates.
Does anyone remember what happened to her?
Thank you Bearly!
I have been looking for this interview for a while now.I think this was a witness Art(?)found who later said she would not give a statement.

You're welcome.  I didn't remember what happened after this.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: June 16, 2008, 09:38:28 AM »

Bearly 
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2008, 09:55:27 AM »

Who is the governor of Aruba?  TIA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2008, 09:59:11 AM »

Who is the governor of Aruba?  TIA

Fredis Refunjol
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fredis Refunjol is the current governor of Aruba. Governor Refunjol was born in Aruba in 1950, and is married to Clarette Lopez. Together they have two daughters and one son. Mr. Refunjol assumed the office of Governor on May 1, 2004. The debate by Aruban Parliament regarding the nomination of Mr. Refunjol for Governor stood out, because his nomination was supported unanimously. At that time, he already had a long political career behind him. In his last position, he acted as the Minister of Education and Administrative Affairs, as well as Deputy Prime Minister. Mr. Refunjol also was the informateur (politician who investigates on behalf of the Crown whether a proposed cabinet formation will succeed) during the formation of the Cabinets Oduber I and II, and he was the formateur of Cabinet Oduber III.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredis_Refunjol
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2008, 10:36:47 AM »

Good Morning Cage Mates!

I've been informed that I'm not very well liked by a few at BFN...they think I'm telling lies regarding making phone calls and trying to get info....I'll be glad to let whomever that is...pay my phone bills...then they would have access to all my phone numbers...and could make calls themselves....

So, What do you suggest I try to find out today...I do have some follow-up calls to make this morning...from last week...Folks who don't work on the weekends...

One thing I will try to follow-up on is the weekend info...and yes whomever at BFN...I really do make these calls and talk to real people...as to them telling me the truth...well...that's why I make follow-up calls to other places....

Destiny..one ringy dingy...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2008, 10:44:24 AM »

Good Morning Cage Mates!

I've been informed that I'm not very well liked by a few at BFN...they think I'm telling lies regarding making phone calls and trying to get info....I'll be glad to let whomever that is...pay my phone bills...then they would have access to all my phone numbers...and could make calls themselves....

So, What do you suggest I try to find out today...I do have some follow-up calls to make this morning...from last week...Folks who don't work on the weekends...

One thing I will try to follow-up on is the weekend info...and yes whomever at BFN...I really do make these calls and talk to real people...as to them telling me the truth...well...that's why I make follow-up calls to other places....

I vote a "that a boy" call to Dr. Phil....just to let him know we are thinking about the case....well, and maybe any gossip, he may want to share. 

Maybe you should use one of those walmart, pay as you go, untraceable phones.   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: June 16, 2008, 10:48:01 AM »

Good Morning Cage Mates!

Destiny - don't pay attention to them!  Do you mean BFN (Blogs for Natalee) or BNH (Bring Natalee Home?).  If it's BFN I can post there and let them know you are for real (not that they listen to me, lol).
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: June 16, 2008, 10:48:24 AM »

Destiny who cares, They only wish they had the nerve to call.  

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: June 16, 2008, 10:48:24 AM »

Good Morning Cage Mates!

I vote a "that a boy" call to Dr. Phil....just to let him know we are thinking about the case....well, and maybe any gossip, he may want to share. 

Maybe you should use one of those walmart, pay as you go, untraceable phones.   

I will...someone is getting the # for the head Lawyer handling the suit case for me...hint...hint...

Destiny

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: June 16, 2008, 10:50:33 AM »

Good Morning Cage Mates!

Destiny - don't pay attention to them!  Do you mean BFN (Blogs for Natalee) or BNH (Bring Natalee Home?).  If it's BFN I can post there and let them know you are for real (not that they listen to me, lol).

It's Blogs For Natalee...BFN....sheesh....They/whomever can do their own follow-up calls based in the info posted here...

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: June 16, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »

Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Associated Press

ORANJESTAD, Aruba  —

Aruban firefighters were draining a lake Tuesday in the search for an Alabama teenager who vanished nearly two months ago while vacationing in the island.

Edwin Comemencia, a police spokesman, confirmed that the draining of the lake across from the Marriott Hotel was part of the investigation into Natalee Holloway's (search) disappearance but would not comment further. A jailed Dutch youth has said he was with Holloway in the area the night she disappeared.

Earlier Tuesday, Holloway's stepfather, George Twitty (search), said two new witnesses had come forward with information about the night she disappeared.

One witness told investigators that he saw Joran van der Sloot (search), the 17-year-old who has been detained as the main suspect, driving to a nightclub across the road from the Marriott Hotel around 2:30 a.m. the night Holloway disappeared, Twitty said.

The witness said van der Sloot tried to hide his face with his hands as he drove to the Racquet Club with two Surinamese brothers, Satish and Deepak Kalpoe, Twitty said. The Kalpoe brothers were detained as suspects and later released.

The stepfather said the account places the three individuals near the hotel beach where van der Sloot says he left 18-year-old Holloway alone the last night she was seen in public.

"What's interesting is the time — 2:30 a.m. — when the three were supposedly on their way home," said Twitty, referring to their previous accounts to investigators.

The witness, a gardener whose name was not disclosed, gave his account to investigators on Friday, Twitty said.

The Kalpoe brothers first told police that they and van der Sloot dropped Holloway at her hotel around 2 a.m. the morning of May 30. Later, they said they had lied to protect their friend and that they had dropped the Dutch youth and American teen at a beach near the hotel.

A second new witness told a private investigator hired by Holloway's family that she saw van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers drive into the Racquet Club three times that same night. The woman, who lives near the nightclub, has not yet spoken with investigators, he said.

An attorney for van der Sloot, Richie Kock, said authorities had not told him about the new witnesses. Lawyers for the Kalpoe brothers were not immediately available for comment.

No one has been charged in the case, and van der Sloot is the only suspect still detained.

Holloway vanished after an evening of eating, drinking and dancing at a nightclub which she left with the three young men, hours before she was to catch a flight home to Mountain Brook, Ala., at the end of a graduation trip with 124 classmates.

Bearlyhere ... the declaraction of the pond witness went "poof".  Something akin to the declaration of the gardener ... something akin to the declarations of the girls who claimed they were drugged and assaulted by Joran van der Sloot ...

Janet

++++++

THE POND WITNESS

TJ Ward
NANCY GRACE
July 29, 2005

T.J. WARD, INVESTIGATOR HIRED BY NATALEE`S FAMILY: Well, I don`t know how she could change her story because when I took her statement from her, she described a car to a T. And then about 30 minutes later, I came back with a picture from law enforcement that was used when they took the -- Deepak`s car into custody and took pictures of it. And she specifically said, That`s the car. That`s the car that I saw a week after the 28th -- I mean, the 29th and 30th of May, that was seen three times in the subdivision of the racquet club, where she lives, and was around the subdivision ...

The funny thing about this is if the gardener`s story is correct ...  then this, in fact, would put this in the vicinity where it`s happened.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/29/ng.01.html

SEXUAL ASSAULT VICTIMS

Beth Twitty
'The Abrams Report' for February 24
February 24, 2006

TWITTY: There were two—I know of two young girls. One was 16 and one was 14 years of age, and it was difficult for these girls to do, but they did come forward. They had to hire an attorney. They gave statements to the police. You know, these were real girls that were coming forward.

We don't know what happened or what transpired, why that never went any further than it did. We don't know if it had something to do with—I was told that Dennis Jacobs (ph) had strongly—had talked to the girls and was really putting the pressure on them to retract this, so you know, we just don't know how far that some individuals in that police department were going to go to put a stop to those girls coming forward. But they were real girls and they had been assaulted by Joran under the influence of drugs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11590518/

THE GARDENER

Dave Holloway
Hannity & Colmes
August 10, 2005

COLMES: The question is cover up or incompetence? Is the person working with you getting to the bottom of it?

HOLLOWAY: I spoke to him today, he is as perplexed about all of this as we are. Seems like every time someone speaks out or comes forward. Just like the gardener, he is supposed to appear in court Thursday then be immediately deported. That is the work of the defense of course. Some witnesses may be scared to come forward for fear of repercussions.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: June 16, 2008, 10:57:58 AM »

Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Associated Press

ORANJESTAD, Aruba  —

Thank you Bearly!
I have been looking for this interview for a while now.I think this was a witness Art(?)found who later said she would not give a statement.

Good Morning Karma

I thought it was Art Woods too but ... ended up finding the quote you thinking about and ... discovered it was TJ Ward.

Hey ... both they guys are private investigators.  We should get points for that.

Janet
8:00 AM

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: June 16, 2008, 10:58:11 AM »

Destiny - the person at BFN that is questioning your calls is someone by the name of Jewel who has made 5 posts at BFN.  Jewel is clearly pro-Aruba and her/his 5 posts clearly show that.  Probably either an Aruban, or an American working in Aruba that is protecting their livelyhood. 
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2008, 11:06:08 AM »

Destiny - the person at BFN that is questioning your calls is someone by the name of Jewel who has made 5 posts at BFN.  Jewel is clearly pro-Aruba and her/his 5 posts clearly show that.  Probably either an Aruban, or an American working in Aruba that is protecting their livelyhood. 

maybe renho snuck in there..lol

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
mrskub
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »

Destiny, I for one am pretty proud of you as I'm sure all of the monkeys are. You're a hero in my book. You initiated so many wonderful things here at SM and are always willing to go that extra mile, despite your own personal situation. You hold your head up high, honey. You must be making someone a bit nervous or they wouldn't focus on you like that. 

"The cure to crime shouldn't end in the electric chair, it should start in the high chair"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: June 16, 2008, 11:22:13 AM »

maybe renho snuck in there..lol

That would be my guess as well 
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #338 on: June 16, 2008, 11:22:28 AM »

Destiny, I for one am pretty proud of you as I'm sure all of the monkeys are. You're a hero in my book. You initiated so many wonderful things here at SM and are always willing to go that extra mile, despite your own personal situation. You hold your head up high, honey. You must be making someone a bit nervous or they wouldn't focus on you like that. 

I 2nd that post!!! Great job Destiny.

I think it  is very telling also no talk at RU on the rape(s). When the girl went missing and then was found in her hotel room, renho and gang jumped on there quick to bash the girl and praise ALE for their "fine work" on the case. Why no talk now? I smell cover up and cover their azzes!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »

TY Klaas....methinks I must be hitting a sore spot with Jewel...oh well...excrement happens...now on with my work here...

Something I was thinking about last night regarding the info I was given, about the American Woman who said she was raped by 3 guys...that she left Moombas with....something just didn't sit right with me...I called 3 times...and the story I was given *grew* into the last one of that, the 3 guys...*beach bums*...his words, not mine...that the Woman supposedly *wanted* to have sex with...who took photos of her, on her camera..then as the last version of the story goes...the Woman only filed rape charges against *all 3 guys*...was because her husband found them on her camera...and she filed the charges to protect herself because she lied to her husband...still following me here???...

If they were as I was told *beach bums*...that to me would say they are druggies...don't have a lot, if any money...and there is NO WAY IN HELL...they would leave an expenssive tourists' digital camera behind...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.