March 28, 2024, 04:19:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #758 6/14 - 6/18/08  (Read 258943 times)
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #720 on: June 17, 2008, 09:40:59 PM »

Tattoo on his arm

Nothing like being inconspicuous. That guy in the back looks fresh out of law school.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #721 on: June 17, 2008, 09:42:20 PM »

po lil scorpion is just a symbol of darkness and a popular tattoo dat represents danger and power    makes some feel important   

Right you are Distortion...I haven't met you before...Welcome to the Monkey Cage!

Destiny

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
distortion
Scared Monkey

« Reply #722 on: June 17, 2008, 09:44:27 PM »

po lil scorpion is just a symbol of darkness and a popular tattoo dat represents danger and power    makes some feel important   

Right you are Distortion...I haven't met you before...Welcome to the Monkey Cage!

Destiny

thank you much    i like your name    sounds pretty     

If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. Baelanabas Genghis Khan
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: June 17, 2008, 09:46:25 PM »

I DO wonder what Robin thinks of chunky rat now.

charlierat wrote:

Um, the FBI was invited to participate in the investigation. That happened less than a week after Natalee was reported missing.

Rep. Bachus told us in December of 2005 that he was in regular contact with the FBI regarding the progress of the investigation and that he had given the FBI a standing order to inform him if, at any time, they felt that they were being shut out of the investigation and they never (not even once) reported any problems in that regard. If they had been denied access to any portion of the investigation, Bachus' office would have intervened via diplomatic channels. The need never arose.

Even if the FBI was only relegated to observor status, they were still in an ideal position to observe (1) corruption or (2) incompetence if there had been any and there were no such reports. For the record, Rep. Bachus opined that the reason that the FBI had not assumed a larger role in the investigation was because the FBI itself had chosen not to. At the time it sounded to me like Bachus and the FBI had a lot of confidence in ALE.

So, in December 2005, when Rep. Bachus told the world that the investigation on Aruba was "thorough and professional" and that the amount of resources that they had devoted to the case was "astounding," I believe he knew what he was talking about.

I imagine that Joran van der Sloot's defence was behind the reason that Karin Janssen did not comply with Prime Minister Nelson Oduber's request to turn over the Natalee Holloway case file to the FBI.  David Kock's motion to prevent documents/audio/evidence ...

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++++

Aruba PM: Give FBI documents on missing teen U.S. agency has been assisting in investigation but without access to papers
Associated Press July 22, Updated: 8:58 p.m. ET July 22, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba - Aruba’s prime minister has urged investigators to give the FBI all documents related to the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, according to a letter released late Friday.

Prime Minister Nelson Oduber asked in the letter to Attorney General Karin Janssen that the bureau be allowed “complete access to the dossier, including transcripts, audio tapes or video registration of interrogations, plus all materials that are connected to this case, in as much as our judicial system allows.”

FBI agents have been advising Aruban authorities in the 6-week-old investigation but have not had access to case records, said government spokesman Ruben Trapenberg.

FBI spokeswoman Judy Orihuela said the FBI has pressed for access to the documents.

Trapenberg said Janssen had not yet responded to the government’s request. The attorney general could not immediately be reached for comment Friday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8672318/

Beth Holloway
LOVING NATALEE
Page 184

Then FBI agent Bill comes by and delivers the final blow. "The FBI has never received one single document from the Arubans. Not one tape. Nothing." he says sadly. Depite our personal pleas to authorities here and our broadcast appeals to Aruba to let the FBI lend a hand, and regardless of Aruba's public response that it would welcome FBI assistance, the island never let FBI agents in on the investigation. Never passed them the ball. Not even for one minute.

Beth Twitty
NANCY GRACE
September 28, 2005

TWITTY: You know, Nancy, I really don`t know, you know, as this case has gone and how frustrating it`s been and how little information we`re allowed to get, and even now, with the FBI not even able to receive a single piece of evidence. So we`ll just have to try.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/28/ng.01.html

Harris Faulkner
NANCY GRACE
September 28, 2005

HARRIS FAULKNER, "A CURRENT AFFAIR": Well, you know, Nancy, the biggest news so far has been our exclusive interview with Joran Van Der Sloot, and that is something that Natalee`s mom had said all along that she wanted to see words from Joran. So as soon as we got that tape, we showed it to Beth. And you know, I have to say, in the watching it -- and I know you guys here have watched it on your show -- there are so many nuances in that tape and so many things that pop up that Beth then reacted to that gave us new information.

For instance, I never knew until talking with Beth this week that the FBI was never given a single document, audio or visual, in this case. And now we`ve confirmed that, and I know you have done so, too. All along, we had thought this summer, you know, maybe they were being held at bay because of Dutch or Aruban law. And then we saw the Aruban prime minister about a month ago come out and say, FBI, come on in, inviting them in, I thought in a more substantive manner. Maybe we all thought that, too. But when Beth told me, sure, there was a Dutch official who flew from Holland all the way to Quantico to share information, but didn`t leave a single thing in the hands of the FBI.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/28/ng.01.html

Defense attorneys want FBI out of Aruba
Powered by CDNN - CYBER DIVER News Network

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (10 Aug 2005) -- Defense lawyers on Wednesday appealed a judge's ruling that Aruban authorities could share information with the FBI about missing teen Natalee Holloway.

Last week, a judge struck down a motion by the defense to prohibit file sharing with the American law enforcement agency, which is acting in an advisory role in the high-profile case.

"It's not a question of having something to hide but about the legality of their (FBI) involvement," said defense lawyer David Kock.

Kock, one of three lawyers who argued the appeal Wednesday in a closed court session, said a decision was expected Monday.

FBI agents have been on the Dutch Caribbean island as observers since Holloway disappeared May 30. They were granted access to material last month at the urging of the Aruban prime minister.

Lawyers for Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch teenager who has been detained in the disappearance, and two Surinamese brothers have argued the FBI didn't have jurisdiction and shouldn't have access to the investigation.

http://www.cdnn.info/news/travel/t050810a.html

Thank you Janet
When it's all said and done the FBI never did get access to any of those files and that's a shame.

Yep. They can spin it all they want. Bottom line, the FBI got nothing out of Aruba.

BTW, big feature story on ABC News tonight. Affordable airline service will be going the way of the dinosaur, even in the continental U.S., and soon. Forget cheap getaways, they will be a thing of the past unless oil prices plummet. Fat chance.

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #724 on: June 17, 2008, 09:48:29 PM »

Destiny

thank you much    i like your name    sounds pretty     

Thank You Distortion Wink

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Noly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #725 on: June 17, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »

Niiice....just the kind of place I'd want to go on vacation to and spend big bucks.

Can you imagine???  telling your kid  'oh don't worry honey...it's just another body washing up'

Shocked

FOK ARUBA!!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: June 17, 2008, 09:56:48 PM »

Niiice....just the kind of place I'd want to go on vacation to and spend big bucks.

Can you imagine???  telling your kid  'oh don't worry honey...it's just another body washing up'

Shocked

FOK ARUBA!!   

Yes, I was just thinking the same thing.  If it's not people finding bones on the beach it's bodies washing ashore.  What a great vacation spot 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: June 17, 2008, 10:04:36 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_43408.php

Politie Statia onderzoekt seksueel misbruik
16 Jun, 2008, 17:04 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
 Print dit artikel 

ORANJESTAD — Een rechercheur van de technische afdeling van het politiekorps van St. Maarten arriveerde zondag op St. Eustatius om de lokale politie te helpen bij een onderzoek naar een geval van seksueel misbruik.

Politiewoordvoerder Robelto Hodge bevestigt dat er een dergelijk onderzoek loopt, maar wilde niet ingaan op de details, vanwege de gevoeligheid van de zaak en de kleinschaligheid van de samenleving van het eiland. Hij zei dat het onderzoek nog in de beginfase verkeert en dat er nog geen aanhoudingen zijn verricht.

Through translator:

Police investigating sexual abuse Statia
June 16, 2008, 17:04 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD - A detective of the technical department of the police force of St. Arrived Sunday on St. Maarten Eustatius to the local police to assist in an investigation into a case of sexual abuse.

Politiewoordvoerder Robelto Hodge confirms that such an investigation ongoing, but did not want to go into the details, because of the sensitivity of the case and the small scale of the society of the island. He said that the investigation is still in its early stages and that no arrests have been made.

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: June 17, 2008, 10:14:31 PM »

Airfare hikes, capacity cuts start to pinch Las Vegas

By William Spain, MarketWatch
Last update: 2:30 p.m. EDT June 16, 2008

-- Soaring fuel prices are starting to hit home in Las Vegas as cash-strapped airlines hike fares and cut capacity at McCarran International Airport - Sin City's tourism lifeline - leading to pressure on room rates and lower spending levels by visitors.

US Airways and United are among the carriers curtailing flights to Vegas and there are predictions that total capacity could be down by double-digits percentages or more by autumn, following declines of 3% and 6% in the first and second quarters, respectively. At the same time, the average cost of plane tickets jumped more than 10% in March, according to the Bureau of Labor - and that may pinch even more.

US Airways alone will chop its capacity in half starting in September, reducing it by 7,200 seats a day while eliminating its entire night hub operation based in Las Vegas. Wachovia's Brian McGill estimated that could - taking into account load factors and connecting passengers - reduce by 5%, or 1.9 million people, annually.
That cut was far higher than anticipated, McGill noted, as "previously, we believed that the capacity [cuts] coming out of Las Vegas could be 12% across the entire industry."

But now, "it is quite possible it could eventually be greater than a 15% capacity reduction into Las Vegas."

If it's like this for domestic hotspots like Vegas, think of what it's like for Screwruba.

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: June 17, 2008, 10:29:57 PM »

Email dit artikel 
 Print dit artikel 

ORANJESTAD — Een rechercheur van de technische afdeling van het politiekorps van St. Maarten arriveerde zondag op St. Eustatius om de lokale politie te helpen bij een onderzoek naar een geval van seksueel misbruik.

Politiewoordvoerder Robelto Hodge bevestigt dat er een dergelijk onderzoek loopt, maar wilde niet ingaan op de details, vanwege de gevoeligheid van de zaak en de kleinschaligheid van de samenleving van het eiland. Hij zei dat het onderzoek nog in de beginfase verkeert en dat er nog geen aanhoudingen zijn verricht.

Through translator:

ORANJESTAD - A detective of the technical department of the police force of St. Arrived Sunday on St. Maarten Eustatius to the local police to assist in an investigation into a case of sexual abuse.

Politiewoordvoerder Robelto Hodge confirms that such an investigation ongoing, but did not want to go into the details, because of the sensitivity of the case and the small scale of the society of the island. He said that the investigation is still in its early stages and that no arrests have been made.

Thanks Klaas...I really don't understand this...Is this someone arriving on Aruba...or some other island?  TIA

Destiny...ps...nanner basket Wink

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: June 17, 2008, 10:40:28 PM »

Email dit artikel 
 Print dit artikel 

Through translator:

Thanks Klaas...I really don't understand this...Is this someone arriving on Aruba...or some other island?  TIA

Destiny
- I'm not sure
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: June 17, 2008, 10:45:06 PM »

Email dit artikel 
 Print dit artikel 

Through translator:

that's on St. Eustatius, another island - aart of the Dutch Antilles.
this island also has a capital Oranjestad.
island has only a population of 3000.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sint_Eustatius

couldn't help but think of the Jersey islands child abuse scandal.
small community, island - easily bad things get covered up.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7427158.stm

but i don't know to what extent this abuse goes on St. Eustatius.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #732 on: June 17, 2008, 10:45:50 PM »

that's on St. Eustatius, another island - part of the Dutch Antilles

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: June 17, 2008, 10:47:05 PM »

Caesu - thanks for clearing that up.  Go figure, another Oranjestad 
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: June 17, 2008, 10:51:39 PM »

From Diario Police Reports...Caesu...am I somewhat right in translation?...LOL...

A *white van* is involved in a hit and run...the dead guy, a columbian...I did a google search on his last name..*LENIS*....very big name in major drug trafficing in Columbia...wonder if related...

AUTORIDAD TA BUSCANDO UN VAN BLANCO       PDF        Print        E-mail
Tuesday, 17 June 2008

RANJESTAD (AAN): Manera ta conoci recientemente a tuma lugar un desgracia riba caminda di Shiribana pa Paradera. Chofer di un Tercel cora a bay dal den un palo di luz consecuentemente un rato despues dockter a constata su morto di e  Guido Alexander Cano Lenis naci 19 di april 1986.na Colombia.

Dialuna mainta pa medio di vocero policial inspector  Papito Comenencia un yamada ta worde haci na esnan cu a wak un Van color blanco aparentemente e ta sin bentana, su chofer a sera e Tercel Cora maneha pa Guido cu e consecuencia ya conoci.

Tin testigo segun informe a siguiu tras di e Van cual su chofer a core bay, pero entre otro no a logra di capta e number.di e Van blanco,  E chofer cu a comete Hit and Run ta worde suplica pa presenta na warda pa duna cuenta di su acto.

E Van te asina leu e information suministra, tin sla (golpi ) na banda robez. Cualkier persona cu sa , a wak e Van aki  pa reporta mesora na un di warda  sea Santa Cruz , Noord, San Nicolas of  Oranjestad. pa duna bo contribucion mayan ta un di nos por bira victima di e chofer cu a “Hit and Run” cu consecuencia fatal.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: June 17, 2008, 10:55:20 PM »

Destiny - Caesu is Dutch and I'm not sure if they can read Pap.   
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #736 on: June 17, 2008, 11:00:51 PM »

Negative..They are almost as clueless as we are trying to read Papi..Although I believe some words are of dutch origin 

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #737 on: June 17, 2008, 11:01:21 PM »

did we know that Paul van der Sloot is attorney to M.R. Leito in the Domino-case?

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/printer_43207.php

(this is an article about illegal wiretapping done by the Aruban OM, i am particularly interested in this because Patrick van der Eem wasn't passed on to Aruba for use as a civilian undercover agent because Aruba can't legally use special investigation methods - such as wiretapping.

Aruba hasn't got the BOB-law implemented. this is a recurring disagreement between Rudy Croes and the dutch justice minister. BOB-law was needed because use of undercover agents was nearly impossible due to strict rules set after undercover agents got rich of drug smuggling - the so called IRT-affair.)

in this article Paul van der Sloot is calling the OM 'criminal', because 'they violated the law on purpose'.

i think PvdS is just trying to get back at Nico Jörg here for embarrassing him last year.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: June 17, 2008, 11:05:45 PM »

Very interesting Caesu! I had no idea he was representing anyone in that case 

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #739 on: June 17, 2008, 11:35:54 PM »

no i can't read it. 

i wish i could read Diario.
there is always much about corruption, politics, Rudy Croes, the OM and more in that paper.
now there are many articles about the new procureur general R. F. Pietersz.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.