April 26, 2024, 09:13:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remains may be missing Porter children (bodies ID'd-Dad convicted)  (Read 5827 times)
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: September 09, 2007, 05:30:30 PM »

Authorities believe they have found the remains of two Independence children missing since June 2004, the mother of Sam and Lindsey Porter said this afternoon.

Sam and Lindsey Porter were 7 and 8 when their father picked them up on June 5, 2004, for the weekend. At the time, Dan Porter was estranged from his wife, Tina, who is the children’s mother. The children hadn’t been seen since.

http://www.kansascity.com/679/story/267668.html
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 06:06:20 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 06:28:13 PM »

It's a good thing Dan Porter, the missing childrens dad is in jail on kidnapping charges.  The police know right where he is when they bring murder charges against him.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 03:38:41 PM »

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/268714.html
DNA in Porter case sent to laboratory
By KAREN UHLENHT
Mon, Sep 10, 2007
snipped
DNA has been sent to a laboratory for analysis to determine whether bones found over the weekend are from the missing Porter children.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 03:40:40 PM »

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/268356.html
Posted on Sun, Sep. 09, 2007 10:46 PM
Timeline in Porter case

Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 05:02:57 PM »

Dan is one scary person.  I can't believe Tina is actually still alive.  Its a very good thing she didnt take him down that road.  I hope they get enough evidence to keep him locked up!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 06:25:43 PM »

Police confirm remains are those of missing Porter children
By JUDY L. THOMAS and TONY RIZZO
The Kansas City Star
Posted on Tue, Sep. 11, 2007 10:15 PM
Police confirmed Tuesday that they had found the remains of Sam and Lindsey Porter, who vanished three years ago after their father took them for a weekend visit.

But officers remained tight-lipped about whether the children’s father, Dan Porter, told authorities where the two were buried or how they died.

Sam and Lindsey were 7 and 8 when they disappeared in June 2004 after their father picked them up at their Independence home, not far from where their remains were found. more...

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/271344.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 05:46:38 PM »

Mo. Father Pleads Guilty to Killing Kids

January 2, 2008 - 10:53pm
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) - A father pleaded guilty Wednesday to killing his two children, whose remains were found hidden in a wooded area three years after they disappeared. He was sentenced to life in prison.

Daniel Porter, 44, pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of 7-year-old Sam and 8-year-old Lindsey. In exchange for the plea, prosecutors agreed not to seek the death penalty.

Porter told the court that he agreed to plead guilty for the sake of his children and their mother, not because he feared the death sentence.

"The conscience is a very powerful thing," he said. "I'm surprised I waited this long to confess."

The children disappeared in summer 2004, after their father picked them up for a weekend visit. The children's remains were found in September in a wooded area in the Kansas City suburb of Sugar Creek.

When he was charged with their deaths in November, Daniel Porter already was serving a 38-year prison sentence for kidnapping the children.

After his arrest on the kidnapping charges, Porter told authorities several stories about what he had done with his children, including that he cut them up and strangled them.

According to court documents, the children's remains were found after Porter met with FBI agents and Missouri Department of Corrections officials on Sept. 7 and confessed that he killed his children the day he picked them up for the visit.

Daniel Porter told the court he had felt his family was falling apart and that he might not get to see his kids anymore. He said he initially intended to kill the children and then himself.

He said he picked his son and daughter up from their mother's home and took them to a McDonald's restaurant before driving them to a park and eating with them.

He said he wrote his mother a letter while at the park to say he was sorry. After leaving the park, he stopped to mail the letter and then drove Sam and Lindsey to a wooded area in the Kansas City suburb of Sugar Creek.

Porter said he walked the boy and girl into the woods, made them a pallet on the ground and had them cover their eyes with blindfolds. He then pulled out two .357-caliber handguns and shot them both in the head, he said.

The prosecutors' office agreed to the plea deal because the family did not want to go through another trial or through a long appeals process, said Jackson County prosecutor Jim Kanatzar.

The children's mother, Tina Porter, addressed her ex-husband in court. "I believe you probably want to take it back, but you can't. Everybody got hurt that day," she said.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=104&sid=1243347

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 05:59:29 PM »

'I killed my children'
03/01/2008

Independence, Missouri - A father pleaded guilty on Wednesday to killing his two children, whose remains were found hidden in a wooded area three years after they disappeared.

Daniel Porter, 44, was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of 7-year-old Sam and 8-year-old Lindsey. In exchange for the guilty plea, prosecutors agreed not to seek the death penalty.

Porter told the court he agreed to plead guilty for the sake of his children and their mother, not because he feared the death sentence.

"The conscience is a very powerful thing," he said. "I'm surprised I waited this long to confess."

Disappeared after weekend visit

The children disappeared in summer 2004, after Porter picked them up for a weekend visit. The children's remains were found in September.

When he was charged with their deaths in November, Daniel Porter already was serving a 38-year prison sentence for kidnapping the children.

Porter said he took the children into a wooded area under the guise of wanting to show them something. He asked them to put on blindfolds, told them to lie down and shot them in the head, simultaneously, with two .357 Magnum handguns. He said he couldn't explain his actions other than he had first intended to kill himself and wanted to take his children with him. "Other than that, I don't know what the hell happened."

The children's mother, Tina Porter, addressed her ex-husband in court. "I believe you probably want to take it back, but you can't. Everybody got hurt that day," she said.

She held up photos of Sam and Lindsey as she spoke. "Look at 'em. See how beautiful they are," she said, adding that Sam looked so much like his dad.

The last photo she displayed was a grim shot from the day of the memorial for the children.

Daniel Porter said he had felt that his family was falling apart and that it was getting to a point where he might not get to see his kids any more.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2245838,00.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 12:14:46 AM »

http://www.kmbc.com/news/30836651/detail.html

Ex-Attorney Indicted In Porter Kids Fund Fraud Case

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A former Raytown attorney has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of stealing nearly $650,000 from three clients, including the fund set up in memory of murdered children Sam and Lindsey Porter.

Harley Desselle, 61, faces six counts in the indictment.

The allegations charge Desselle with misappropriating nearly $20,000 from the bank account set up to build a playground in honor of the Porter children. The children were kidnapped and killed by their father in 2004. Desselle managed the account on behalf of the children's mother.
 ::snipping2::
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 12:17:24 AM »

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A former Raytown attorney has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of stealing nearly $650,000 from three clients, including the fund set up in memory of murdered children Sam and Lindsey Porter.

The allegations charge Desselle with misappropriating nearly $20,000 from the bank account set up to build a playground in honor of the Porter children. The children were kidnapped and killed by their father in 2004. Desselle managed the account on behalf of the children's mother.
What a dirt bag!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 07:38:18 AM »

What a dirt bag!

A real dirt bag and then some, imo.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.