April 23, 2024, 07:30:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American scuba diver chgd with killing wife (Christina Mae Watson)ACQUITTED!  (Read 37628 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/303633/20120223/honeymoon-killer-trial-gabe-watson-tina.htm
'Honeymoon Killer,' Gabe Watson, Trial: Judge Attacks Prosecution
The judge presiding over the trial of the Gabe Watson, the so-called "Honeymoon Killer," angrily sneered at the prosecution and derided them, asking if they needed lessons in court room procedure.

Judge Nail interrupted the testimony with his own comments.

Whoa, frickin' nellie....why is the judge interrupting questioning at all.  That's for the defense to object to and the judge to hear legal president on.  Maybe someone needs to look at this judge and see what kind of skeletons he's got in his closet. 

I have an issue with removing things from a casket.  If a family member wants a piece of jewelry...then don't have the funeral home put it on the body.  Sheesh...it's like grave robbing to me.  I could never take a ring off of a loved one's hand while they are lying in a casket.  yuck
KittyMom, I gently want to tell you I have presided over hundreds of funerals.  Often the loved one is adorned with their favorite jewelry, but it is removed because the loved one wanted a family member to have it.  I have never viewed it as grave robbing, but as an adornment worn for the last time and then given to a family member as a precious keepsake.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/303633/20120223/honeymoon-killer-trial-gabe-watson-tina.htm
'Honeymoon Killer,' Gabe Watson, Trial: Judge Attacks Prosecution
The judge presiding over the trial of the Gabe Watson, the so-called "Honeymoon Killer," angrily sneered at the prosecution and derided them, asking if they needed lessons in court room procedure.

Judge Nail interrupted the testimony with his own comments.

Whoa, frickin' nellie....why is the judge interrupting questioning at all.  That's for the defense to object to and the judge to hear legal president on.  Maybe someone needs to look at this judge and see what kind of skeletons he's got in his closet. 

I have an issue with removing things from a casket.  If a family member wants a piece of jewelry...then don't have the funeral home put it on the body.  Sheesh...it's like grave robbing to me.  I could never take a ring off of a loved one's hand while they are lying in a casket.  yuck
KittyMom, I gently want to tell you I have presided over hundreds of funerals.  Often the loved one is adorned with their favorite jewelry, but it is removed because the loved one wanted a family member to have it.  I have never viewed it as grave robbing, but as an adornment worn for the last time and then given to a family member as a precious keepsake.
I respect your opinion, sister. 

I just couldn't do it myself.  I don't want any of their jewels and I don't want a photo of the family member.  I've actually seen that done.  It was all I could do not to have a fit with this 'relative'.  My s-i-l died of cancer.  She looked NOTHING like herself in the casket.  She had to have a wig and she was all swollen.  Her sisters (who only visited once during her yrs long illness) stood there taking pics of her.  Thankfully, she'd already given her jewelry to those whom she'd chosen or I fear they'd have been prying the rings from her hands.

I understand others do things differently.  I, however, never want my family removing my rings (not that my engagement ring is worth that much) from my hand.  I'd rather give it while still living.  But that's just me.  And if they take a pic of me in a casket I'm going to come back and haunt them!  lol

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/23/justice/alabama-honeymoon-trial/?hpt=hp_t1
Murder case dismissed in death of newlywed wife
February 24, 2012

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 10:55:24 AM »

Statement from Tinas parents
"Since then in our Country in our State again all we wanted was A JURY with all the evidence but a Judge who decided to not allow 3/4 th of the evidence in and to be the JURY himself"
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/02/gabe_watson_trial_tina_thomas.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/02/honeymoon-murder-suspect-not-retried-double-jeopardy-laws
Honeymoon Murder Suspect Is A Free Man, Can Not Be Retried Under Double Jeopardy Laws
By Debbie Emery - Radar Reporter
February 24, 2012

The judge in the honeymoon drowning death trial abruptly dismissed the case on Thursday, and RadarOnline.com has exclusive details on what his ground-breaking decision means for the future of former murder suspect Gabe Watson.

After being embroiled in court trials for the past eight years both in the U.S. and Australia for the October 2003 death of Tina Thomas Watson, 26, and serving 18 months in prison in Queensland, 34-year-old Gabe is now a free man.

He will not be retried for this crime, that is it - it’s over,” Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney Dana Cole told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview on Friday. “Once the case is dismissed, double jeopardy applies and any retrial is barred.”
As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Judge Jimmy Nail ruled that prosecutors failed to present enough evidence of a crime to send the case to jurors, and ended the two week trial by dismissing the case personally.

“The only way to convict him of intentional murder is to speculate. Nobody knows exactly what happened in the water. I'm sure we'll never know,” he told the court.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2012, 05:44:53 PM »

http://www.smh.com.au/world/cleared-watson-to-battle-family-over-brides-body-20120225-1tv21.html
Cleared Watson to battle family over bride's body
February 26, 2012

LOS ANGELES: Gabe Watson's murder trial has ended but the legal tussle in Alabama for his deceased bride's body and possessions has not.

Mr Watson and the still-grieving family of his wife of just 11 days, Tina Thomas Watson, are expected to return to a Birmingham probate court in Alabama next week to battle for control of her body and items.

Ms Thomas's father, Tommy Thomas, told supporters in a statement issued on Facebook on Friday that ''in a week we will know if we can at all have a chance … to get her body back''.
Mr Watson has remarried and the Thomas family, devastated by Judge Tommy Nail's decision to end the murder trial without letting the jury decide a verdict, is desperate to take control of her final resting place and have items, including yearbooks, returned.

In a blow to the prosecution, Judge Nail refused to let the jury watch video surveillance of Mr Watson using bolt-cutters to remove plastic flowers left at the grave by her family.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gabe-watson-says-new-wife-not-a-lookalike/story-e6freoof-1226288252463
Gabe Watson says new wife Kim Lewis not a Tina Watson lookalike
March 3, 2012

Photos at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-03/news/31120429_1_australian-prison-honeymoon-killer-dive
Gabe Watson speaks out about wife's death
AMANDA MIKELBERG
March 3, 2012

The so-called “Honeymoon Killer” broke his silence about his late wife for the first time since being acquitted of drowing her during their honeymoon.

Gabe Watson, 34, defended his behavior during the couple’s honeymoon and after his wife, Tina’s, sudden death in 2003.

In an interview with 20/20 Watson said that his late wife hadn’t been nervous about her first time scuba diving in open water when they went in Australia in 2003.
More...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.