April 30, 2024, 10:10:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LDSTLOU - is RACING for the CURE - needs SPONSORS!  (Read 3003 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 12, 2008, 10:29:27 AM »

Hello All!!!!
Yes I am participating in the Komen Race for the Cure next Saturday!!!

I am running in honor of my Mother who died of ovarian cancer. This July 4th will be 15 years since she passed.

I am also running in honor of my girlfriend Darla Williams, who is a cancer survivor...her motto..."Every day above ground is a great day!!".

I am also running in our of one of the members of Scared Monkeys who is also a cancer survivor...Sweet Peaches!!

Please help my sponsoring me in this great cause!!! My link for donations is below.
Thank you,
Lisa

http://rfcstl.convio.net/site/TR/Race/General?px=1105404&pg=personal&fr_id=1000
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 04:49:46 PM by klaasend » Logged
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 03:18:07 PM »

I'll be wanting an autographed photo of your team in your jerseys on race day if that's not too much trouble. 

I am now a proud sponsor of LDSTLOU who is racing for the Cure.  I am so proud of you and your team.  It's a wonderful thing you are doing. 

My friend who just ran the San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in a jersey featuring yours truly is now hooked on running for money.  She's already looking into her next half-marathon to raise more money for cancer research.  What's really impressive is that her PhD work is also in cancer research.  Needless to say, I am as proud of her as if she were my own instead of just my favorite all time sitter for my girl (when she was little).  I nearly boohooed when I heard about my name on her jersey.  I knew about the website mention but not the jersey.  It was very sweet of her.

Thank you for running, Lisa.  You ROCK!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 10:32:55 PM »

AAAAHHHHAAAA!!!! Now I know the missing Monkey!!! lol

See my note below:

Thank you Thank you Monkeys for donating to the Race for the Cure!!!
I am over 1/3 of the way to my goal!!!
Trying to send a personal e-mail to those who donated and a Monkey posted by her real name and I don't know her Monkey name to say thanks!! lol

I have Klaas, BT Girl, San and OB so far, so for the Monkey who donated that I did not thank, can you send me an e-mail and reveal your identity, and please accept my deepest thanks!!! lol
You are all angels!!

I am running in memory of my Mom, and running to honor Peaches too!!! My Monkey hero and cancer survivor!!!

Will definately send you pics after!!! This ones for you Peaces!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 10:36:20 PM »

I'll be wanting an autographed photo of your team in your jerseys on race day if that's not too much trouble. 

I am now a proud sponsor of LDSTLOU who is racing for the Cure.  I am so proud of you and your team.  It's a wonderful thing you are doing. 

My friend who just ran the San Diego Rock and Roll Half Marathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in a jersey featuring yours truly is now hooked on running for money.  She's already looking into her next half-marathon to raise more money for cancer research.  What's really impressive is that her PhD work is also in cancer research.  Needless to say, I am as proud of her as if she were my own instead of just my favorite all time sitter for my girl (when she was little).  I nearly boohooed when I heard about my name on her jersey.  I knew about the website mention but not the jersey.  It was very sweet of her.

Thank you for running, Lisa.  You ROCK!

Peaches, my brother also has a PHD in immunology and is working in the field of cancer research!! His specialty is T-cells. We have two heroes on our side in the field of medicine!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:44:47 PM »

Update!!!

I can't believe how generous everyone has been!!! My goal is $1000.00, I am up to $475.00!!! That will provide 13 women with pre-screening ultrasounds. If I can get it over the $500.00 mark, that will provide 11 women with a free mammogram!!!

Every little bit helps!!! I big thank you for all who have donated!!!

Snoopy just gave me a check this morning for $25.00. Thank you Sweetie!!! You won't see her name on my webpage, but she has donated too.

Picked up my t-shirt this morning. No room to put my names I am running in honor of so I am going to find a pink t-shirt I can proudly display my Mom's name as well as my girlfriend Darla and of course our Peaches!!!

It's been in the 90's here!!! HOT HOT HOT!!! Think cool thoughts for me!!! lol

And thanks to all of you!!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 02:32:18 PM »

UPDATE!!!!

Donations are up to $675.00!!! You all are terrific for helping!!! Thank you!!!

Just $325.00 more and I hit my goal!!

I found my pink shirt this morning!!! Going to go find iron-on letters to put my heroes on tonight!!!

Thanks so much everyone!!

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 07:31:44 AM »

Bless your heart!  You're doing great! 

Thanks so much for getting involved and doing something.  Everyone can do SOMETHING to help.  No pledge is too small when it comes to keeping women alive.

Giving makes one feel good.  And you never know who you might help.

Love you, LDSTLOU!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.