April 25, 2024, 02:53:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conservative Christians  (Read 1945 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 24, 2008, 09:11:34 AM »

Dobson: Obama ‘Distorting’ Bible, Pushing ‘Fruitcake Interpretation’ of Constitution

by Associated Press
Monday, June 23, 2008

As Barack Obama broadens his outreach to evangelical voters, one of the movement’s biggest names, James Dobson, accuses the likely Democratic presidential nominee of distorting the Bible and pushing a “fruitcake interpretation” of the Constitution.

The criticism, to be aired Tuesday on Dobson’s Focus on the Family radio program, comes shortly after an Obama aide suggested a meeting at the organization’s headquarters here, said Tom Minnery, senior vice president for government and public policy at Focus on the Family.

“Even if we did have only Christians in our midst, if we expelled every non-Christian from the United States of America, whose Christianity would we teach in the schools?” Obama said. “Would we go with James Dobson’s or Al Sharpton’s?” referring to the civil rights leader.

“Folks haven’t been reading their Bibles,” Obama said.

Dobson and Minnery accused Obama of wrongly equating Old Testament texts and dietary codes that no longer apply to Jesus’ teachings in the New Testament.

“I think he’s deliberately distorting the traditional understanding of the Bible to fit his own worldview, his own confused theology,” Dobson said.

“… He is dragging biblical understanding through the gutter.”

He said Obama, who supports abortion rights, is trying to govern by the “lowest common denominator of morality,” labeling it “a fruitcake interpretation of the Constitution.”

McCain also has not met with Dobson. A McCain campaign staffer offered Dobson a meeting with McCain recently in Denver, Minnery said. Dobson declined because he prefers that candidates visit the Focus on the Family campus to learn more about the organization, Minnery said.

Dobson has not backed off his statement that he could not in good conscience vote for McCain because of concerns over the Arizona senator’s conservative credentials. Dobson has said he will vote in November but has suggested he might not vote for president.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/23/3428/

I believe in balance.  If we have a Democrat in the White House, I would like to see a Republican Congress.  imho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 04:07:50 PM »

That completely in opposition when you were saying McCain should choose a Democrat running mate, knowing that there will be a majority Democrat Congress.  How do you account for saying that and then saying this?

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 04:12:03 PM »

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Barack Obama said Tuesday that evangelical leader James Dobson was "making stuff up" when he accused the presumed Democratic presidential nominee of distorting the Bible.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25343812/
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »

I will not argue religion as that is blasphemous and I will not even discuss Obama's thoughts on religion except to say my interpretation and many years of being a Christian are worlds apart from Black Liberation Theology which he practices, which is based on Islam.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.