April 25, 2024, 08:53:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brooke Bennett 12yrs old missing 6/25/08 Randolph Vermont(BODY FOUND)  (Read 188581 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2008, 04:09:30 PM »

Regarding the Uncle who was arrested on other charges.......hmmmmm so was Brooke to be his replacement or what? I think it is a little to much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

The alleged victim was a girl who says Jacques assaulted her over a five-year period, beginning when she was 9 years old and ending a few weeks ago, Orange County State's Attorney Will Porter said. The charge was filed as a result of the investigation into Bennett's disappearance, but Bennett wasn't the victim, police said.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2008, 04:12:49 PM »

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8576795

Brooke's Uncle Tied to Child Sex Ring

Michael Jacques

Randolph, Vermont - June 30, 2008

Brooke Bennett's uncle was arraigned on child sex assault charges today.

Police say they uncovered evidence linking Michael Jacques, 42, to a child sex ring while investigating Brooke's disappearance. But they say the charges are unrelated to Brooke's case.

Jacques is accused of sexually assaulting a young girl over several years. He was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a minor.

Jacques was the last person seen with missing 12-year-old Brooke Bennett. But police say at this time, he is not connected to his niece's disappearance.

Jacques is a registered sex offender. He was arrested and convicted of kidnapping and sexual assault in 1993. State records show he completed a sex offender treatment program before he was released from state supervision in 2006.

Vermont State Police are conducting a search outside of Jacques' home in Randolph Center. A search helicopter made laps around the East Bethel Road. K-9s have been on the ground searching a field and nearby woods for most of the morning. However, at this time we do not know if authorities are searching the property in connection with last night's arrest or in connection with Brooke Bennett's disappearance.

(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2008, 05:07:20 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373903,00.html

Missing Girl's Uncle Named 'Person of Interest' in Her Disappearance
Monday , June 30, 2008

CHELSEA, Vt. —

A probe into the disappearance of a 12-year-old girl zeroed in on her uncle Monday, with police calling him a "person of interest" and searching his home while he was being arraigned on sex charges in an unrelated case.

Michael Jacques, 42, of Randolph, a registered sex offender who was one of the last people to see Brooke Bennett before she vanished, pleaded not guilty to aggravated sexual assault and was being held on $250,000 bail.

(snipped)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2008, 05:10:50 PM »

You can't tell me that Brooke's mother didn't know her brother-in-law was a sex offender....yet, Brooke spent the night there...WTH? 

This is sad.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2008, 05:34:46 PM »

Brooke Bennett Uncle Michael Jacques Photo, Arrest: Police Shift Focus
by Tashi Singh

12-year-old Brooke Bennett has been missing since Wednesday and now her uncle, who has been arrested on sex charges while officials desperately search for some sign of his missing niece, has seemingly become the focus of the investigation.

Vermont State Police announced Sunday that Brook Bennett's uncle, who was one of the last people the girl saw before vanishing, was arrested on un-related sex charges. He was also arraigned today and pleaded "not guilty".

42-year-old Michael Jacques is on Vermont's sex offender registry for sexual assault and kidnapping charges back in 1993. Police were investigating Brooke's disappearance when they discovered information regarding a sexual assault.

Brooke was last seen on surveillance in a store with her uncle on Wednesday. He and one of Brooke's cousins dropped her off to meet with her friends - but he reportedly never asked who she was meeting, where she was going, or how long she was going to be.

Police believe Brooke may have been meeting up with someone she met on MySpace.com, a social networking site.

The AP reports: Police said Jacques and a cousin of Brooke's dropped the girl at Cumberland Farms in Randolph about 9 a.m. Wednesday. On the video, which was released Friday, Jacques and Brooke are seen in the store, where Jacques makes a purchase with Brooke at his side. They walk out together, then part ways. She was seen about 45 minutes later inside a coin laundry, police said.

Now police seem to be shifting their focus more towards Michael Jacques and plan to search his home. He was unable to post bail after his arraignment and was taken back to
jail.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212155474.shtml

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2008, 07:09:28 PM »

You know ~ he could have been the *friend* on MySpace that she was thought to be meeting. 

A far-out thought, but a slim possibility, I guess.  Shocked Sad

Indeed....I agree.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/THISJUSTIN/981229953

Statement from Colonel James Baker on investigation
5:06 p.m.
June 30, 2008

Statement of Colonel James Baker, Director of the Vermont State Police, regarding the latest in the investigation into the disappearance of Brooke Bennett of Braintree:

Good Afternoon. Thank you all for coming. For those of you that don’t already know me, I’m Colonel James Baker, Director of the Vermont State Police.

I would first like to start out by thanking the media and the public for their patience and understanding throughout this investigation. We have reached out to you several times for assistance, and each time you’ve pulled through for us and have assisted in any way possible. The level of professionalism that you all have displayed is a true testament to yourself and the news organizations you represent. For that, I am grateful. It is clear that the goals of the media and the public are that of the Vermont State Police and the law enforcement partners working this investigation to find Brooke Bennett.

This case remains very active, and I can say, as a result of the tireless effort and hard work of the investigators, the scope of this investigation has narrowed and we are making progress. We have eliminated several scenarios that were potential possibilities in the disappearance of Brooke. Behavioral Scientists from the FBI have played and continue to play a major role in this elimination process.

On Sunday, the investigation discovered that Michael Jacques of Randolph, Vermont sexually assaulted a minor, who was being interviewed as a result of the Brooke Bennett investigation. The State Police called in detectives of the Chittenden Unit for Special Investigations, which includes a Vermont State Trooper assigned to the unit, to investigate the sexual assault. Investigators are looking into the possibility there may be more victims of sexual abuse by Jacques. The State Police would like to speak with any child or teenager who may have had contact with Michael Jacques.

The focus of today’s investigation is to search the Jacques’ property in Randolph, Vermont. The Connecticut State Police and the Massachusetts State Police brought in assets to assist in the search, to include a helicopter and K-9 Units. Forensic work is continuing to be done and analyzed. We continue to search for evidence that may help explain Brooke’s disappearance.

The preliminary forensic testing shows that articles found on VT Rt. 65 are connected to Brooke Bennett.
Late Saturday into early Sunday morning, information was developed as a result of forensic examination of computers that helped us change the direction of the investigation. As a result of that, Michael Jacques became a person of interest into the disappearance of Brooke. This is not the only avenue we continue to pursue and we continue to explore other investigative leads. With that said, I will re-confirm my statement from before that this case is about social networking on the internet.

<snip>

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2008, 08:20:30 PM »

Late Saturday into early Sunday morning, information was developed as a result of forensic examination of computers that helped us change the direction of the investigation. As a result of that, Michael Jacques became a person of interest into the disappearance of Brooke. This is not the only avenue we continue to pursue and we continue to explore other investigative leads. With that said, I will re-confirm my statement from before that this case is about social networking on the internet.

This leads me to believe the uncle and Brooke were conversing on her myspace.
    pale

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8580434

Brooke's Uncle Charged in Child Sex Ring

The story of the disappearance of Brooke Bennett in Central Vermont has taken an ugly turn. The police now say that the girl's uncle is involved in a sex ring and Monday he was formally charged with sexually assaulting another child.

According to court papers, Michael Jacques, 42, convinced a young relative that she was a part of an underground sex program called "Breckenridge" and repeatedly assaulted her over the last five years. Papers also state that Jacques told the girl that he would cut her throat if she did not go along with the program. But at this time, we do NOT know if Brooke Bennett was a victim of the same program.

Jacques did not comment to press as he was lead into Orange County District Court.

Jacques-- the last person known to have contact with Brooke before she disappeared-- was arrested Sunday for Aggravated Sexual Assault on a Minor. According to police, Jacques sexually assaulted a different relative over a five-year period of time.

"She has provided details of the events including different sexual acts that started when she was 9-years-old and continued up until a few weeks ago," said Orange County State's Attorney Will Porter.

And this is Jacques' second charge of this type. He was convicted 15 years ago of kidnapping and sexual assault... served three years, underwent sex offender treatment and had been listed as a sex offender on the state registry.

Family members of Brooke Bennett were on hand for the arraignment. However, they said little about either case.

"Brooke's mom is my niece, and that is my niece I was sitting with up there. They are sisters. This is not doing a good thing for my family. That is about all I have to say," said Brooke's great-uncle, Storm Woodard.

Jacques' wife Denise left the court without comment.

Meanwhile, state police scoured the home of Michael Jacques for most of the day. But police maintained before the court case that Monday's charge against Jacques is separate from the Brooke Bennett case. The criminal charge could land Jacques behind bars for the rest of his life.

"Maximum penalty is life imprisonment," said Porter.

Asked to confirm that the charge has nothing to do with Brooke's disappearance, Porter answered, "For all information on Brooke Bennett I would rely on any of the press releases issued by the state police and other and other law enforcement agencies."

Jacques said nothing in court, but his lawyer entered a plea of not guilty to the charge, and he's being held for lack of $250,000 bail.

In the police affidavit, it says the victim was told the president of the United States had selected her for the sex program. The president assigns a trainer, and her trainer would be Michael Jacques. And then she was abused-- almost tortured-- on a weekly basis in many different ways for the next five years. The victim testified she had met three men as part of the "Breckenridge" ring who had told her what types of sexual activity she needed to work on to graduate.

Adam Sullivan - WCAX News

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2008, 08:43:52 PM »

This gets worse by the minute.

God help these children.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2008, 08:47:41 PM »

Michael Jacques
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 10:24:16 PM by San » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2008, 08:53:32 PM »

This may be the reason for her change in behavior.  Many many times, a change in behavior is a cry for help.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2008, 09:22:26 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373903,00.html

(snipped)

On Monday, Baker said this: "As a result of information developed late Saturday and early Sunday, the focus of our investigation shifted drastically." He said it was during the weekend that the computer forensics probe "eliminated the whole world out there and narrowed our focus."

So the uncle must have been communicating with her via the internet/myspace Sad Mad
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2008, 09:38:42 PM »

Click on picture below to watch the video:

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2008, 12:31:11 AM »

You know ~ he could have been the *friend* on MySpace that she was thought to be meeting. 

A far-out thought, but a slim possibility, I guess.  Shocked Sad

Indeed....I agree.

I was just thinking the same thing...This poor child Sad Just heartbreaking...

Bring Natalee home...
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2008, 03:22:58 AM »

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8580434

Brooke's Uncle Charged in Child Sex Ring

Chelsea, Vermont - June 30, 2008

News of Jacques' possible involvement with his daughter's disappearance came as a surprise to James Bennett. Brooke's father says he knew about Jacques' past conviction on kidnapping and sexual assault and had brought it up as an issue with Brooke's mother.

"It wasn't made a big deal. He was married to Brooke's aunt and there were kids there here age and there was no indication that there was a problem of any kind, so it was never made an issue," he said. "Looking back, knowing what I do today, it would have been a lot different."

wtf?

I'll tell you what, I would have made it a big deal from the get-go.  My child would not have been left alone with that man for a fraction of a second.  A child staying over night with a sex offender?  What were these parents thinking?????

You can't go back.  There are no do-overs in life.  That's why you have to protect your children the first time through.  Do not let your child sleep in the house with a sex offender--no exceptions! 

This was not in this news article this afternoon.  Maybe they are giving it to us piece by piece so he remains alive for the trial.

shaking  

I believe in miracles!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2008, 10:42:22 AM »

This leads me to believe the uncle and Brooke were conversing on her myspace.

My thoughts as well

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2008, 10:48:13 AM »

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080701/NEWS01/80630028&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

July 1, 2008

Police make second arrest related to girl's disappearance

By Sam Hemingway
Free Press Staff Writer

UPDATE: 10:30 a.m. from a Vermont State Police news release:

The Vermont State Police have arrested Ray A. Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio, Texas for Aggravated Sexual Assault on a minor. This arrest is in connection with the aggravated sexual assault arrest of Michael Jacques, and the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Brooke Bennett. Jacques was arrested on Sunday.

The arrest of Gagnon is not the result of Gagnon sexually assaulting Brooke Bennett, this arrest is a result of Gagnon sexually assaulting another minor in the Royalton during the summer of 2007. The details that lead to Gagnon’s arrest were uncovered by investigators assigned to investigate the disappearance of Bennett.

Gagnon was jailed at the Southern State Correctional Facility in Springfield for lack of $250,000 bail. Gagnon is scheduled to appear in Windsor County District Court in White River Junction, Vermont today at 1 p.m. to answer to the charge of Aggravated Sexual Assault.

The crime of Aggravated Sexual Assault carries a sentence of ten years-to-life in prison and a fine of $50,000.

-------------------------------------------------

CHELSEA — An uncle and a mysterious organization that allegedly preys sexually on young girls have become the prime focus of the investigation into a Braintree girl missing since last week, Vermont State Police said Monday.

The surprise developments in the case of Brooke Bennett were disclosed by police Monday afternoon after the uncle, Michael S. Jacques, 42, of Randolph Center, was charged in Vermont District Court in Chelsea with the aggravated sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl related to the missing girl.

Jacques, a registered sex offender, pleaded not guilty and was held on $250,000 bail while police searched his home for clues into Brooke’s disappearance. He remained jailed Monday night at Southern State Correctional Facility in Springfield.

Col. James Baker, director of the Vermont State Police, said the alleged victim in the Jacques sexual assault told police Jacques was part of “Breckenridge,” the name for an alleged group of men who secretly coerce young girls to engage in sex acts with them.

Baker said the police are now investigating whether there may be other child sexual predators and potentially other young victims of sex crimes connected with the case.

“We are actively pursuing any other people who may be associated with this so-called organization,” Baker told reporters during an afternoon news conference staged at Whitcomb Junior/Senior High School in Bethel. “We are pursuing other avenues besides Michael Jacques.”

Baker also appealed to other girls to come forward who “may have had contact” with Jacques — pronounced “Jakes” — who he described as a “person of interest” in the investigation into Brooke’s disappearance.

The 12-year-old girl went missing after she was dropped off at a Randolph convenience store by Jacques. Police said they were told she was planning to meet a friend at the store and travel with her to a Lebanon, N.H., hospital to visit a friend. Police believe that was a lie.

Surveillance video from the store showed Brooke and Jacques — who is married to the sister of Brooke’s mother — leave the store and go in separate directions.

Monday, Baker said, “As a result of information developed late Saturday and early Sunday, the focus of our investigation shifted drastically.” He said it was during the weekend that the computer forensics probe “eliminated the whole world out there and narrowed our focus.”

Brooke, who just finished seventh grade at Randolph Union High School, has not been seen since. She is the subject of Vermont’s first Amber Alert, issued Friday.

Police, assisted by the FBI and an array of police from Vermont, Massachusetts and Connecticut, have scoured the area around Randolph since Thursday.

Divers also searched Sunset Lake after clothing items belonging to Brooke were found nearby. Baker confirmed that Jacques was the person who reported finding the clothing items.

Baker said investigators continue to believe that Internet social network sites like MySpace may have played a role in Brooke’s disappearance. He declined to say whether Jacques was tied to the use of the Internet sites by Brooke.

Baker said Jacques was arrested by police Sunday afternoon at his home without incident.

Monday, wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans, Jacques was led in shackles to his arraignment at the Chelsea courthouse.

Judge Theresa DiMauro set bail for Jacques, overruling a request from Orange County State’s Attorney Will Porter to have Jacques held without bail given the seriousness of the claims in the affidavit.

DiMauro said she would consider having Jacques held without bail at a later date but voiced concern that the allegations against Jacques in the affidavit had not yet been sufficiently substantiated by other witnesses.

Police have confirmed that Jacques is on the state’s sex offender registry. In 1993, he was convicted of kidnapping and aggravated sexual assault.

Jacques did not speak during the court appearance and showed little emotion, occasionally looking over to a group of family members who attending the proceeding.

“It’s a hard thing this family’s been through,” said Storm Woodard, 54 of Sharon, who said Brooke is his grand niece. He said he was not surprised by Jacques’ arrest, but was worried what it will mean for his family.

“This is not doing a good thing for my family,” he shouted to reporters as he departed the courthouse.

According to the police affidavit in the Jacques case, he had engaged in various sex acts with the alleged victim beginning when she was 9 years old and continuing for five years. The most recent incident occurred earlier in June.

The victim said her first contact with the “Breckenridge” program involved a phone call and a note under her pillow that informed her that she had been chosen to participate in the “program for sex.” Jacques was designated to be her “trainer,” the affidavit said.

Police said she told them she was one of three girls who were enrolled in the program. She also said she had met three men from the program, one of whom was Jacques.

Baker said police spent much of Monday searching the Jacques home in Randolph. He declined to say whether Brooke was one of the girls involved in the Breckenridge program.

“It’s too early in the process to comment on that,” he said.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »

The following is a headline and article from a Vermont newspaper this morning:

Brooke's Stepfather Arrested

White River Junction, Vermont - July 1, 2008

Another twist in the case of missing 12-year-old Brooke Bennett. Police have arrested her stepfather on charges he sexually assaulted a minor. They say the arrest of Ray Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio, Texas, comes in connection with child sex charges filed yesterday against Brooke's uncle, Michael Jacques, 42.

According to Brooke's father, James Bennett, Brooke lived with Ray Gagnon for six years in Alabama before he moved to Texas.

The investigation into Brooke disappearance led police to the alleged sex crimes. But police say Gagnon's arrest is not the result of him sexually assaulting Brooke. He is accused of sexually assaulting another minor in Royalton last summer. Gagnon is being held in Springfield for lack of bail. He is due in court in White River Junction this afternoon.

Jacques was arrested Sunday on aggravated sexual assault on a child charge unrelated to the case. He was the last person known to police to have contact with Bennett.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2008, 11:25:04 AM »

The following is a headline and article from a Vermont newspaper this morning:

Brooke's Stepfather Arrested

White River Junction, Vermont - July 1, 2008

Another twist in the case of missing 12-year-old Brooke Bennett. Police have arrested her stepfather on charges he sexually assaulted a minor. They say the arrest of Ray Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio, Texas, comes in connection with child sex charges filed yesterday against Brooke's uncle, Michael Jacques, 42.

According to Brooke's father, James Bennett, Brooke lived with Ray Gagnon for six years in Alabama before he moved to Texas.

The investigation into Brooke disappearance led police to the alleged sex crimes. But police say Gagnon's arrest is not the result of him sexually assaulting Brooke. He is accused of sexually assaulting another minor in Royalton last summer. Gagnon is being held in Springfield for lack of bail. He is due in court in White River Junction this afternoon.

Jacques was arrested Sunday on aggravated sexual assault on a child charge unrelated to the case. He was the last person known to police to have contact with Bennett.

I was just getting ready to post this.  Just when you think it can't get any worse it does.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.