April 30, 2024, 02:07:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brooke Bennett 12yrs old missing 6/25/08 Randolph Vermont(BODY FOUND)  (Read 188741 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »

has anyone notice anything extremely unusual yet.

I have.

I'll just say it now. Jacques used a video camera located at the convenience store in an attempt to establish an alibi. This might be the first documented case I have seen. This is truly off the charts. He drops Brooke off and then departs in another direction. He depends on the video (which worked for him for several days) to send everyone in other directions. He knew the convenience store and he knew it had video.

truly one of the most diabolical I have seen yet.

This is premeditated in my opinion.

You are exactly right, Rob.  Premediated indeed!

Something about that video was odd all along, but I couldn't put my finger on it.  Notice how Jacques takes a hard right as he exits the convenience store, Brooke takes a hard, immediate left.  No conversation between them, no pleasantries or goodbyes.  Normal behaviour, IMO, would be to walk straight out of the store and angle toward the right or left with some interaction between the 2 people parting company, not take sharp immediate turns in opposite directions.  I now believe she was following his instructions of exactly where she was to go upon leaving.

The death penalty is way too good for this scumbag. 

I worry about the sister, she looks so haunted.

HI Bobo - hey! it's been a long time since I saw you last. I'm cursed with a near photographic memory, so I remember almost everyone. LOL

But, anyway, thanks for reaffirm my beliefs. You too BB

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: July 02, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »

Thanks for remembering me Rob,  it has been a very long time.

I found myself absolutely sickened at all the sad, horrific cases we discuss here and had to take a long break.  I do not see how FBI can deal with these dirtbags on a daily basis.  And by dirtbags I am including the family who failed Brooke miserably.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #222 on: July 02, 2008, 09:33:26 PM »

Thanks for remembering me Rob,  it has been a very long time.

I found myself absolutely sickened at all the sad, horrific cases we discuss here and had to take a long break.  I do not see how FBI can deal with these dirtbags on a daily basis.  And by dirtbags I am including the family who failed Brooke miserably.

Thanks for the reply and I hope you are well.

Sorry for all the typos but I was going fast and trying to multitask. Not one of my strong suits.

It was good to see you again Bobo!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2008, 09:57:29 PM »

I am just now seeing this news. I am heartbroken at the events that have taken place in that sleepy little town. I can't even imagine what must have been going through that child's mind when she finally figured out what was happening to her...I cannot believe that any family member would leave any child alone or even in the immediate vicinity of that "uncle" or anybody else who had been already convicted of a sex crime. That poor baby...and all of those other girls out there that those freaks got ahold of, I pray for all of them. I hope those freaks get the justice they deserve. God rest Brooke's precious soul...I am just sick, sick, sick about the state of the world today...

Brooke, I'm so sorry they got to you. I'm sorry the adults in your life did not/could not keep you safe and unharmed. May you finally know peace with the Lord...

Bring Natalee home...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2008, 10:10:33 PM »

NANCY GRACE IS ON RIGHT NOW DISCUSSING THE BROOKE BENNETT CASE!!!

Janet
7:10 PM

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2008, 10:12:28 PM »

I am just now seeing this news. I am heartbroken at the events that have taken place in that sleepy little town. I can't even imagine what must have been going through that child's mind when she finally figured out what was happening to her...I cannot believe that any family member would leave any child alone or even in the immediate vicinity of that "uncle" or anybody else who had been already convicted of a sex crime. That poor baby...and all of those other girls out there that those freaks got ahold of, I pray for all of them. I hope those freaks get the justice they deserve. God rest Brooke's precious soul...I am just sick, sick, sick about the state of the world today...

Brooke, I'm so sorry they got to you. I'm sorry the adults in your life did not/could not keep you safe and unharmed. May you finally know peace with the Lord...

I agree with you, Mishy.  Every adult in her life should be charged imo.  They all knew about this guy's past.  His wife knew weird things were going on.  This whole group is a bunch of sick people, how could they let this happen to her?  They are all responsible for the end result.

I thought the video looked weird where one went one way and one went the other in a synchronized fashion.  I prayed she was safe.  If she had to remain with this family who did not care enough about her to keep her away from a known sexual predator, she is now in a much better place.  She has to be among the highest level of angels to have lived her life so alone.  I know that God is wrapping his arms around her, she has finally found a parent who cares deeply about her.

I had this feeling they found her body yesterday and checked many times last night for information to no avail. 

I hope they lock her parents and her aunt up for aiding and abbetting and child neglect and any other charges they can find to keep them all away from children for a long long time.  The two perverted deviants have guaranteed themselves slow painful deaths in prison for the rest of their lives which they will beg to have cut short.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 10:21:49 PM by San » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2008, 10:25:38 PM »

Body of 12 Year Old Brooke Bennett Found Dead Near the Home of Her Uncle Michael Jacques

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/07/02/body-of-12-year-old-brooke-bennett-found-dead-near-the-home-of-her-uncle-michael-jacques/

The news is not unsuspected, but tragic none the less. There is sad news tonight out of the state of Vermont. The body of 12 year old Brooke Bennett was found dead at approximately 4:45 EDT. The police called the death "clearly suspicious" but declined to give details before a planned briefing Thursday morning. With the news of the arrest of Brooke Bennett’s uncle, step father and talk of a sex ring … one suspected that this would not be a pleasant outcome.

Rest in peace Brooke, from all that we have heard with arrests and sick behavior in this family … Brooke is finally at peace and safe.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2008, 10:53:47 PM »

Court Papers: Uncle Brought Brooke Home for Sex

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8610899&nav=4QcS

New information revealed in court papers indicates her uncle did not leave her there. According to the juvenile who was with them, they took Brooke to Jacques' Randolph home. They told her she was going to a party, but the juvenile told police she was actually being taken into a secret program called "Breckenridge," where she'd be having sex with adult males-- just as the other juvenile had been doing for the past five years, with Jacques as her "trainer." That juvenile left the house after Jacques took Brooke upstairs -- and never saw her again.

The story that Brooke may have been meeting someone she met on the online networking site MySpace-- police say Jacques made that up. He showed police a posting made sometime after midnight June 25-- the day she disappeared.

The uncle lied from the beginning and attempted to set up a computer alibi. I cannot say that I am surprised by any of this. From the outset, the uncle's story sounded weak. And he just happened to be the once who found Brooke's clothes.

Once the news came down that the uncle was a registered sex offender ... pretty much knew he did it and was involved.

What a sick and sad story.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2008, 01:41:59 AM »

There's a paid obituary for Brooke in the paper, here.....and several notes in the guest book.

http://www.legacy.com/northjersey/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonID=112673617

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2008, 04:37:35 AM »

Did the boyfriend of the first girl know about any of this?

What makes 14 the magic number to have a myspace account?  The other girl that was molested by this sex ring is 14.  Is it safe for her to have a myspace account?  Is a child of 14 old enough to make decisions about who is or is not okay to talk with on myspace?

What if the parents say they monitor the account?  As we have seen here, there is no way to prevent a child from setting up another account they are not monitoring.  A 14 year old is a child, physically, mentally, emotionally, and legally.  Why are we allowing them to be set up?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2008, 06:23:22 AM »

Everything about this case is      

ITA!!!

Here is Nancy's tranny>>
NANCY GRACE

Remains Believed to Be Missing Vermont Girl Found

Aired July 2, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/02/ng.01.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2008, 06:26:53 AM »

I think her uncle killed her because she said NO, don't touch me you sick creep.

YESSSSS!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2008, 08:06:33 AM »

There's a paid obituary for Brooke in the paper, here.....and several notes in the guest book.

http://www.legacy.com/northjersey/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonID=112673617
I went there and I  was going to sign it but I couldn't.
I can't let this go, I think her family sucks.
They did nothing to protect Brook.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: July 03, 2008, 09:17:12 AM »

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080703/NEWS01/80702039

July 3, 2008

FBI: Brooke's uncle hatched abduction plot beginning in May

By Sam Hemingway
Free Press Staff Writer

UPDATED 8:35 A.M.

Brooke Bennett's uncle began plotting her abduction a month before the 12-year-old disappeared, court records released this morning say.

Michael Jacques, 42, of Randolph, created and used two phony e-mail addresses to communicate with a 14-year-old girl about a sex program he invented named "Breckenridge" and to solicit the teenager's help in luring Brooke into the program.

Brooke's body was found by police Wednesday near Jacques' home in Randolph, a grim conclusion to a weeklong search for the missing girl. Jacques has been arrested and charged in state court with sexual assault on the 14-year-old, and faces federal kidnapping charges in Brooke's disappearance.

The affidavit prepared by FBI Special Agent Daniel Rachek suggests that the sex program known as "Breckenridge," was the creation solely of Jacques', a convicted sex offender.

A series of e-mail exchanges quoted in the affidavit and dating back to at least May 28 indicate Jacques intended to abduct Brooke and assault her. In the e-mail exchanges, Jacques uses multiple online identities to manipulate the 14-year-old girl into believing at least three men are involved in the Breckenridge sex ring, the affidavit shows, with two online personas ordering her what to do.

In one exchange dated June 20 between the girl and Jacques, posing under the online pseudonym "Rauel Domingo," Jacques asks the girl if she would willing to help with "the take down and the tie up on Wednesday morning when you get back from Cumberland Farms."

Five days later, Brooke was last seen in public with Jacques at the Randolph Cumberland Farms. Police now believe Jacques and the 14-year-old girl returned with Brooke to Jacques' home. The 14-year-old girl later told authorities Jacques took Brooke upstairs, ordered the older girl to leave the house and told her to lie about what happened that day.

Authorities plan a 10 a.m. news conference at U.S. Attorney's office in Burlington to discuss Brooke's abduction and Jacques' alleged involvement.

(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2008, 09:18:17 AM »

Investigation timeline
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 25

At 9 a.m., Brooke Bennett, 12, of Braintree, is dropped off at Cumberland Farms in Randolph by her uncle, Michael Jacques, and a cousin. Family members told police she intended to meet her friend there and then visit a sick relative of the friend at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H.

A witness later reports seeing Brooke at about 9:45 a.m. at Randolph Village Laundromat.

At 9 p.m., Brooke is reported missing to police.

THURSDAY, JUNE 26

Clothing similar to what Brooke was wearing is found near Vermont 65 in Brookfield. A search by police and dogs in the area of the Brookfield Floating Bridge ensues.

Police say Brooke’s story of a trip to the hospital is a ruse and that she might have been bound for a meeting with an unknown person with whom she had communicated through MySpace.com, an online social networking site.

Vermont State Police post an Amber Alert, the state’s first.

FRIDAY, JUNE 27

Investigators focus on a possible online relationship that might have developed between Brooke and an unknown person. “This case is about a MySpace visitation,” Col. James Baker said.

State police dive teams search Sunset Lake, near where items belonging to Brooke were found.

SUNDAY, JUNE 29

State police arrest Brooke’s uncle, Michael Jacques, 42, of Randolph, on a charge of aggravated sexual assault on a minor after uncovering information during the investigation into Brooke’s disappearance.

MONDAY, JUNE 30

Jacques, a convicted sex offender, is charged in Vermont District Court in Chelsea and held for lack of $250,000. His victim tells police Jacques sexually assaulted her over the past five years beginning when she was 9 years old as an indoctrination into a “program for sex called Breckenridge,” according to a police affidavit. Police and FBI investigators search Jacques residence at 1850 E. Bethel Road in Randolph.

TUESDAY, JULY 1

Police arrest Raymond A. Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio, citing a charge of aggravated sexual assault on a minor. Gagnon, Brooke’s former stepfather, is transferred to federal custody and will be arraigned on obstruction charges in U.S. District Court in Burlington today.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 2

FBI investigators reveal in court papers that according to a witness, Brooke returned to Jacques’ home in Randolph on the morning of June 25. The witness, the victim of Jacques’ sexual assaults that led to his arrest, told investigators Brooke was to be initiated into the Breckenridge sex club that day. The witness said Brooke went upstairs with Jacques on June 25 and she never saw her again.

At 4:45 p.m., police discover the remains of a young girl they believe to be Brooke near a sugarhouse in Randolph near Jacques’ home. An autopsy will be performed today to determine time and cause of death. Michael Jacques is charged with kidnapping Brooke.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2008, 11:12:16 AM »

Feds Take Over Bennett Case; Jacques Could Face Death Penalty

Posted: July 3, 2008 10:46 AM EDT

Updated: July 3, 2008 10:58 AM EDT

U.S. Attorney Tom Anderson says the state charges against Michael Jacques, 42, of Randolph, have been dropped without prejudice.  He now faces federal kidnapping charges related to the disappearance of his niece, Brooke Bennett.

U.S. Attorney Tom Anderson said that more charges could be filed and if kidnapping resulting in death is among them, Jacques could face the death penalty or life in prison.  Anderson would not speculate which he would pursue.

Brooke disappeared on June 25 after being seen at the Cumberland Farms convenience store in Randolph, Vermont, with Jacques.  He has been in custody since Sunday on charges of aggravated sexual assault.

Maybe one of you more legally knowlegable folks can explain to me why
there is a dead girl, foul play, etc. situation and the only charge is kidnapping ?
Seems like there should to be more...

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #236 on: July 03, 2008, 11:16:33 AM »

Feds Take Over Bennett Case; Jacques Could Face Death Penalty

Posted: July 3, 2008 10:46 AM EDT

Updated: July 3, 2008 10:58 AM EDT

U.S. Attorney Tom Anderson says the state charges against Michael Jacques, 42, of Randolph, have been dropped without prejudice.  He now faces federal kidnapping charges related to the disappearance of his niece, Brooke Bennett.

U.S. Attorney Tom Anderson said that more charges could be filed and if kidnapping resulting in death is among them, Jacques could face the death penalty or life in prison.  Anderson would not speculate which he would pursue.

Brooke disappeared on June 25 after being seen at the Cumberland Farms convenience store in Randolph, Vermont, with Jacques.  He has been in custody since Sunday on charges of aggravated sexual assault.

Maybe one of you more legally knowlegable folks can explain to me why
there is a dead girl, foul play, etc. situation and the only charge is kidnapping ?
Seems like there should to be more...

I had the same thought, but maybe the results of the autopsy/ID of Brooke has to be completed before additional charges are brought. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #237 on: July 03, 2008, 11:20:13 AM »

Another update....just gets worse every day...would this mean that the
"Juvenile 1 " is also going to be charged with aiding ?? anyone know legal stuff?

Bennett's uncle charged with kidnapping; new details of case revealed
10:50 a.m.
July 3, 2008

BURLINGTON -- Michael Jacques, the convicted sex offender linked to the disappearance of 12-year-old Brooke Bennett, today was charged with kidnapping in the case. The body of Bennett was found late yesterday afternoon on property located near Jacques' home in Randolph Center.

The kidnapping charge was filed in federal court and for now will supercede state charges against Jacques for sexual assault against a minor. Those state charges will remain in place and can be re-imposed at any point, officials said today.

The affidavit in the federal case provided further testimony that Jacques and a minor identified only as Juvenile 1 kidnapped Bennett on Wednesday morning, promising to take her to a party. In fact, according to authorities, Jacques planned to lure the girl into a sexual relationship with "adult men."

The affidavit also details Internet exchanges between Jacques and Juvenile 1 that outlines the scheme.

In addition, authorities believe Jacques planted one of Bennett's shoes and a handkerchief with semen on it in Brookfield to mislead authorities. That semen has been identified as belonging to Juvenile 1's boyfriend. Authorities today would not comment further on that point.

According to the Associated Press, prosecutors said the death penalty possible in the case.

The Times Argus will update this story.

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #238 on: July 03, 2008, 11:43:42 AM »

Remember

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.

By Christina Rossetti
The Poetry Foundation

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2008, 11:54:37 AM »

Uncle Could Face Death on Kidnapping Charges in Case of Dead Vermont Girl

July 03, 2008
 The uncle of a young Vermont girl found dead could face the death penalty on federal kidnapping charges connected with the case, prosecutors said Thursday.

U.S. Attorney Thomas Anderson said Michael Jacques faces federal kidnapping charges in connection with the death of his niece, Brooke Bennett. He's expected to be in federal court sometime next week. The kidnapping charge can carry a sentence of death or life in prison.

"Today is a tragic day for Vermont," Anderson said. "Our thoughts and our prayers are with the Bennett family and the people of Randolph, Vt."

Officials said autopsy results on Brooke are still pending. The girl, who had just finished seventh grade at Randolph Union High School, disappeared on June 25 after being seen at a convenience store with Jacques, 42. She was found dead late Wednesday night about a mile from Jacques' home.

The discovery of Brooke's body comes as investigators look into allegations that the girl was to be initiated into a sex ring allegedly by her relative.

In  an affidavit unsealed earlier Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Burlington, the FBI said a teenager they identified as "Juvenile 1" told investigators she accompanied Jacques on June 25 as he tricked his niece into thinking she was going to a party and took her to his home to be initiated that day into a sex ring.

The girl said she was led to believe Brooke "would have sex with adult males" during the initiation, and that she herself had been forced into the ring.

The affidavit included information about sexually suggestive e-mails with two additional addresses, including one for someone named Ruel Domingo, but Anderson said those e-mails originated from IP addresses at Jacques' home and office.

Jacques has been in custody since Sunday on state charges of aggravated sexual assault against a different underage girl. He has pleaded not guilty. Those charges will be dismissed in lieu of the federal charges, Vermont Attorney General William Sorrell said.

"It will be dismissed without prejudice, meaning it could be brought back, but clearly our main focus investigative-wise and prosecution-wise would be on the kidnapping and the death of Brooke Bennett," Sorrell said.

Officials were tightlipped on the details surrounding Brooke's death during a news conference held Thursday morning.

"This investigation is far from over," Anderson said. "Much work remains to be done and we will work tirelessly until the investigation is complete."

Officials still do not know how Brooke was killed, and they didn't say much about the alleged sex ring except that it appeared to pose no current threat to young residents in the state.

"There's nothing from this investigation that's been turned up, nor otherwise are federal and state authorities aware of any ongoing efforts to recruit young girls or boys here in Vermont to have sex with adults," Sorrell said. "And you can rest assured that if evidence is uncovered that we feel poses a risk to the public we will be the first to raise alarm bells."

After searching in and around Jacques' home across town for days, police said they found the girl's body in a spot where the earth had been disturbed about a mile from Jacques' home. He is married to the sister of Brooke's mother, Cassandra Gagnon.

"The painful discovery of Brooke's body today is tragic and heartbreaking," State Police Director Col. James Baker said Wednesday. He called the death "clearly suspicious" but declined to give details.

The federal affidavit said that DNA evidence from Brooke's handkerchief confirmed human blood and semen, but said the semen did not belong to Jacques. Investigators believe this may have been planted by Jacques "in order to deflect suspicion from themselves and conceal their illegal activities," according to the affidavit.

Officials refused to comment on the evidence listed in the affidavit.

In another blow to the family and town, Brooke's former stepfather, Raymond Gagnon, 40, of San Antonio, Texas, was formally charged Wednesday with obstructing justice in the case. He entered no plea at the federal hearing and was denied bail pending another hearing on Monday.

Lawyer John Pacht argued unsuccessfully that Gagnon cooperated with authorities who questioned him in Texas and should be released.

Police say that during their investigation, Jacques led them to a posting on the MySpace social networking site in which Brooke firmed up a planned rendezvous the next morning with someone whose online name was "Skittelmeup."

But forensic analysis showed the posting and reposting soon afterward came from a laptop that Jacques said belonged to his employer, Thermadyne, in Lebanon, N.H., according to the affidavit.

It said Gagnon told authorities he accessed the account, using login information from Jacques, from his laptop in San Antonio the night Brooke disappeared, and that he had downloaded child pornography onto the laptop, which police have not recovered.

About 300 people attending a candlelight vigil Wednesday night found themselves mourning the news that her body had been found a few hours earlier.

"Brooke Marie, I love you so much," her mother said near a large photo of Brooke on the town gazebo in the picturesque town of just over 5,000. "I just ask that justice be done for the person who took my baby away," she said, sobbing.

Gary Finch, Brooke's homeroom and math teacher last year, spoke at the vigil. He said she was an energetic and enthusiastic learner whom he loved having in class.

"She was always volunteering, always with a smile on her face. Smart, creative. It's a tragedy. It's unbelievable. It's hard to comprehend. I didn't think anything like this would happen to such a great kid."

Finch said when school started last fall, Brooke was nervous about transferring from her small elementary school to the high school.

"She conquered that," he said. "She didn't conquer this."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,375743,00.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.