March 29, 2024, 08:32:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHERE DO MCCAIN AND OBAMA STAND ON THE ISSUES  (Read 6066 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »

It doesn't matter much where they stand on issues. In January you will see Barack Obama take the oath of office.

Maybe not!

McCain has trumped Obama with his woman Vice Presidential elect.

This has the potential to pick up votes from the Hillary voters that wanted a woman in the White House.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 12:40:27 PM »

Dear Janet,

People are so sick of issues. They just want to see a new face.

Over 32 million baby boomers are over age 50
51% female.

They are the large majority who have been through the years of war, years of civil unrest.
They are the passive generation who want a leader of this country they can trust, believe in and depend on.

I think McCain just trumped Obama by electing a VP that could change the face of the government leadership with a WOMAN who could garner the womens votes.

Obama has Joe Biden - a Clinton supporter 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 07:13:19 PM »

Politics aside.

Kermit ... how are you?  It has been a while ..

I was praising God when Matthew Wilson was located.  I know that there are issues that have to be dealt with but ... when you consider the alternative ... I am so happy for his family ... happy for you.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »

Dear Janet,

51% female.

They are the large majority who have been through the years of war, years of civil unrest.
They are the passive generation who want a leader of this country they can trust, believe in and depend on.

I think McCain just trumped Obama by electing a VP that could change the face of the government leadership with a WOMAN who could garner the womens votes.

Now back to politics.

I am please with John McCain's choice of Vice President.  However ... my pleasure is not because McCain chose a woman.  My pleasure is Gov. Sarah Palin political record in regard to the issues.  My pleasure is Gov. Sarah Palin conservative ideology.

I would hope that every ballot which is cast is because it "most closely" reflect that ideology that the voter upholds.  Race or gender SHOULD NOT BE be the issue.  The democracies of the Free World should have gotten past that long ago.  The desired ideological direction of the governing body of the United States of America should be the political perspective of the issues and ... nothing else.

Kermit ... I am right of center on the political spectrum.  I uphold a conservative position.  In Canadian elections (Local/Provincial/Federal) the candidate whose ideology "most closely" aligns with mine receives my vote.  The race of the candidate is a non-issue.  The gender of the candidate is not an issue.

To arrive at a decision in regards to a candidates genuine ideology is not based on campaign speeches.  Campaign speeches are often deceptive as candidates strives for the almighty vote.  However ... a little research into the background ... a small litmus test ... into the past personal and organizational associations of each candidate will reveal where he/she can be placed the political spectrum ... from from extreme right wing to the extreme left wing.  This research allows the voter to cast an informed ballot.

At this point my grown kids would be saying ... "ya Mom; I know Mom; I have to go Mom."

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 02:24:56 AM »

Dear Janet,

51% female.

Now back to politics.

I am please with John McCain's choice of Vice President.  However ... my pleasure is not because McCain chose a woman.  My pleasure is Gov. Sarah Palin political record in regard to the issues.  My pleasure is Gov. Sarah Palin conservative ideology.

I would hope that every ballot which is cast is because it "most closely" reflect that ideology that the voter upholds.  Race or gender SHOULD NOT BE be the issue.  The democracies of the Free World should have gotten past that long ago.  The desired ideological direction of the governing body of the United States of America should be the political perspective of the issues and ... nothing else.

Kermit ... I am right of center on the political spectrum.  I uphold a conservative position.  In Canadian elections (Local/Provincial/Federal) the candidate whose ideology "most closely" aligns with mine receives my vote.  The race of the candidate is a non-issue.  The gender of the candidate is not an issue.

To arrive at a decision in regards to a candidates genuine ideology is not based on campaign speeches.  Campaign speeches are often deceptive as candidates strives for the almighty vote.  However ... a little research into the background ... a small litmus test ... into the past personal and organizational associations of each candidate will reveal where he/she can be placed the political spectrum ... from from extreme right wing to the extreme left wing.  This research allows the voter to cast an informed ballot.

At this point my grown kids would be saying ... "ya Mom; I know Mom; I have to go Mom."

Janet

I agree with everything you've said, Janet!!

I must admit, however, it is kind of nice to see a woman standing there with a candidate! I particularly like that she has a family and, to me, embodies the understanding of family's issues that so many face. I know it's reverse sexism, but for every social ill I hear Obama define and propose to remedy on the back of taxpayers, I think that the Mother of a family somehow relates more closely to needs of families, children, etc. Palin is so much more than that, but I do think a woman's insight is something that is refreshing.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 01:02:11 PM »

cbb ... the only concern I have in regards to Gov. Sarah Palin being chosen by John McCain as his running mate is ... the lack of experience.  When I consider John McCains age as well as his health history ...

I believe that there were others in the running for the VP whose ideology mirror that of Palin but were more experienced/ qualified to step in as the President of the United States if necessary.

If something unfortunate should happen to John McCain ...  would Palin be in a position to pick a qualified/experienced running mate.  Is that how it works in American politics?  Did Lyndon Johnson pick a VP when he assume the role of President upon the assassination of John F. Kennedy?

Janet

_____

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 02:07:26 PM »

Dear Janet,

51% female.

Now back to politics.

Janet

I agree in that one needs to consider all aspects of the Candidate.
Behavior is truth and more often then not candidates are lip-service to get them elected.

Look at their background, listen to their ideologies, consider your own beliefs and see what is best for our country and more important what/who will uphold G_d's commandments so his will be done!

Nice to see you again Ms. Janet.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 02:09:14 PM »

cbb ... the only concern I have in regards to Gov. Sarah Palin being chosen by John McCain as his running mate is ... the lack of experience.  When I consider John McCains age as well as his health history ...

I believe that there were others in the running for the VP whose ideology mirror that of Palin but were more experienced/ qualified to step in as the President of the United States if necessary.

If something unfortunate should happen to John McCain ...  would Palin be in a position to pick a qualified/experienced running mate.  Is that how it works in American politics?  Did Lyndon Johnson pick a VP when he assume the role of President upon the assassination of John F. Kennedy?

Janet

She's a mom, she's got plenty of experience.

Seriously, she is someone who entered politics and got the ball rolling. She is a woman who sees a problem and fixes it. That indicates she isn't someone who will sit back and be a pansy. She'll do fine, probably better then some of the former VP's, I think.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.