March 29, 2024, 01:56:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Vice Presidential Candidate  (Read 8723 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: June 29, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »

This is a critically important office this election as John McCain could drop dead at any time (even tho his mother is in her right mind at 90 something) and Obama could be assassinated.

If McCain picks Romney, we could have a Mormon president. If people wanted a Mormon, why didn't they pick Romney in the first place? 

Who will Obama pick? I'm thinking of someone older than John Edwards.

Your thoughts?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 12:03:56 AM »

i would say Jim Webb as running mate for Obama.
to even out that 'military experience' of McCain.
Chuck Hagel would also be great. to have a republican as VP for Obama.
but Obama doesn't need that to win over more voters i think.

i would prefer John Edwards, but that makes it for McCain too easy.
that would scare of a few with a phobia for everything a bit more to the left.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 11:02:31 AM »

So many good choices for McCain, e.g., Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, Tim Pawlenty, Mark Sanford, John Kasich, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Elizabeth Dole, Mitt Romney.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 11:04:33 AM »

Oh, yes, Jim Webb, the former Republican who was defeated by Oliver North in the primary those many years ago who took a gun into the Senate Chambers and blamed it on one of his underlings to avoid prosecution.  What a guy!

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 11:38:21 AM »

This is a critically important office this election as John McCain could drop dead at any time (even tho his mother is in her right mind at 90 something) and Obama could be assassinated.

If McCain picks Romney, we could have a Mormon president. If people wanted a Mormon, why didn't they pick Romney in the first place?

Who will Obama pick? I'm thinking of someone older than John Edwards.

Your thoughts?

I suppose then based on that logic, the Democrats cannot choose a female VP since had they wanted a female, they would have chosen Hillary?  Liberal think, it just boggles the mind and hobbles the process.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 12:15:26 PM »

So many good choices for McCain, e.g., Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, Tim Pawlenty, Mark Sanford, John Kasich, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Elizabeth Dole, Mitt Romney.

How about McCain / Feingold?  Maybe a bipartisan team? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 12:26:38 PM »

From the Wiki on Russ Feingold -

Ideological rankings
Americans For Democratic Action, a liberal advocacy group that rates members of Congress on a scale of 0 to 100, with zero being completely conservative and 100 completely liberal, gave Feingold a lifetime average rating of 98.[59] The American Conservative Union ranked him a 12, where 0 is most liberal and 100 is most conservative. The Concord Coalition, a nonpartisan advocacy group that pushes for fiscal responsibility, placed him on its "Senate Honor Roll" every year since 1997, and ranked him in the top two every year since 1998, making their suggestion that Feingold is also one of the top budget hawks in Congress. The Democratic Freedom Caucus, a group of libertarian-leaning Democrats, has endorsed him during his last two senate campaigns.

In 2004, the National Rifle Association gave him a grade of D (with F being the lowest grade and A the highest).[60] On environmental issues, he was given scores of 100 percent from the League of Conservation Voters[61], and 73 percent from CUSP.[62] The American Civil Liberties Union gave him a score of 89 percent.[63]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Feingold

I believe both of Obama's parents are deceased and he is much younger than McCain. 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 12:47:27 PM »

What about that is a good way for McCain to lose.  Very few people respect Russ Feingold, even in his own party and he has nothing to offer a candidate, either McCain or Obama. 

When choosing a candidate, a politician looks at essential areas of what they can do for the country, what they can bring to the ticket, what experience do they have that will enhance the office.  Russ Feingold brings zero, nada, zilch. 

Sarah Palin brings intelligence, articulation, beauty and youth, family values and executive experience.
Bobby Jindal brings extreme intelligence, articulation, that he would be the first Indian American in the executive branch, that he has a resume of accomplishments far beyond his years.
However, neither of them brings a state for McCain that is not already red.

Mitt Romney brings intelligence, gravitas, a keen eye toward the economy and family values, successes in Massachusetts and the Big Dig, the Olympics, just to name a few.  Mitt is popular in Michigan, Massachusetts, the Midwest and West, including California.

Pawlenty brings Minnesota, a much needed state for the GOP.  Pawlenty is very different in many ways to McCain, however, as he believes in legal immigration but not giving blanket citizenship to illegal immigrants.  McCain is a big believer in amnesty for everyone.

Mark Sanford is great on economics as is Jindal. He brings more traditional politics into the fray. 

Kay Bailey Hutchinson has experience, has been an auditor, treasurer, senator, etc.  She has supported and written a lot of legislation and is a big defender of women's rights as is Elizabeth Dole.  Kay does not offer that much as Texas is a red state but Elizabeth Dole could bring North Carolina out of the purple category.

John Kasich was the architect of the economics plan of the 1990s that got the economy percolating.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 12:57:32 PM »

My fear of having Mitt on the ticket with McCain, although I was the original Mittens lover, I think Mitt would detract from McCain.  Mitt has the economic abilities, the education (received two masters simultaneously from Harvard at top of his class), has world-class knowledge of economics, one-time married, 5 beautiful children, a governor, an executive who has brought many failing companies out of the dumpster and Wall Street would love Mitt but I think he makes McCain look older, less in charge, whereas Palin as a woman would interject the energy and feminine side to the campaign and besides she has gravitas all her own, a beautiful family of 5 children, one of whom has served in the military and she would definitely want to be on top of healthcare since she has a child with disabilities that will require the best of medical attention, she is an environmentalist with an eye toward drilling for oil and has done her homework on it.  She hunts and fishes, governs her state, tends her children (even breastfeeding her last child in the anteroom outside the governor''s office), was back to work when her baby was 3 days old.  She went in labor at a governor's conference (early labor), flew back home so she could have her baby in Alaska with a doctor who knew her.  She is anxious for her state to contribute more to the USA.  (OK, she's my first choice).  Besides, she is WOMAN!

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 12:59:28 PM »

http://palinforvp.blogspot.com/

Just one aside, she hates being called "a hottie."

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 06:22:54 PM »

Tyler-

This is exactly what I am talking or posting about. You have such a wealth of background and information about so many in this political race and/or the political forefront. I had not heard about Sarah Palin but boy, sure sounds like she could mow the back 40 while giving birth, plus orchestrate a couple of ongoing meetings !!

I'm going to read all you've posted a few times over, I'm just closing out work for today so need a break to rest my weary mind before I can truly digest it all.

now where did you find that sig line? 

I continue to stand with the girl.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »

What about that is a good way for McCain to lose.  Very few people respect Russ Feingold, even in his own party and he has nothing to offer a candidate, either McCain or Obama. 

When choosing a candidate, a politician looks at essential areas of what they can do for the country, what they can bring to the ticket, what experience do they have that will enhance the office.  Russ Feingold brings zero, nada, zilch. 

Sarah Palin brings intelligence, articulation, beauty and youth, family values and executive experience.
Bobby Jindal brings extreme intelligence, articulation, that he would be the first Indian American in the executive branch, that he has a resume of accomplishments far beyond his years.
However, neither of them brings a state for McCain that is not already red.

Mitt Romney brings intelligence, gravitas, a keen eye toward the economy and family values, successes in Massachusetts and the Big Dig, the Olympics, just to name a few.  Mitt is popular in Michigan, Massachusetts, the Midwest and West, including California.

Pawlenty brings Minnesota, a much needed state for the GOP.  Pawlenty is very different in many ways to McCain, however, as he believes in legal immigration but not giving blanket citizenship to illegal immigrants.  McCain is a big believer in amnesty for everyone.

Mark Sanford is great on economics as is Jindal. He brings more traditional politics into the fray. 

Kay Bailey Hutchinson has experience, has been an auditor, treasurer, senator, etc.  She has supported and written a lot of legislation and is a big defender of women's rights as is Elizabeth Dole.  Kay does not offer that much as Texas is a red state but Elizabeth Dole could bring North Carolina out of the purple category.

John Kasich was the architect of the economics plan of the 1990s that got the economy percolating.

I will have to look into these people.  Many of them I have never heard of.  Thanks.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 07:32:15 PM »

Tyler-

This is exactly what I am talking or posting about. You have such a wealth of background and information about so many in this political race and/or the political forefront. I had not heard about Sarah Palin but boy, sure sounds like she could mow the back 40 while giving birth, plus orchestrate a couple of ongoing meetings !!

I'm going to read all you've posted a few times over, I'm just closing out work for today so need a break to rest my weary mind before I can truly digest it all.

I vote Tyler for VP!   What a plethora of info.  You amaze me with all you know.  You could go in and represent the common folk, but get the job done with all your knowledge.  I seldom post anymore  because, I admit, I read more to learn, than anything I can contribute, other than my idealogies and personal opinions.   Most of you have educated me beyond belief and also got my emotions exploding!   All I can say and what I read, watch on t.v. and instinctivly feel is Obama is a fraud and a hypocrite!  That scares the hell out of me.  I've yet to see a post, read or watch to make me see otherwise.  So it doesn't matter WHO he picks for VP, as long as it destroys his ambitions of being president!  I don't even mean that to be mean or spitefull, I do NOT want him as our president.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 07:40:36 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg5GWI7UKtQ

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 07:46:33 PM »

Tyler-

I vote Tyler for VP!   What a plethora of info.  You amaze me with all you know.

i am still not too much impressed by Tyler's info.
for example Tyler wrote that Obama in 2004 wasn't an elected official.
but he was already elected to the Illinois Senate in 1996 and re-elected in 1998 and 2002.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2718.msg395541#msg395541

another day Tyler wrote that Bush last month got praise in Europe for saving the the free world.
not anywhere near the facts at all.

so plethora of info: yes. but if it is not based on facts i don't give it much value.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 07:56:20 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyt8_2vFmww&amp;feature=related

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 12:21:15 AM »

Tyler-

I vote Tyler for VP!   What a plethora of info.  You amaze me with all you know.

i am still not too much impressed by Tyler's info.
for example Tyler wrote that Obama in 2004 wasn't an elected official.
but he was already elected to the Illinois Senate in 1996 and re-elected in 1998 and 2002.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2718.msg395541#msg395541

another day Tyler wrote that Bush last month got praise in Europe for saving the the free world.
not anywhere near the facts at all.

You get your information from tokyo rose and are no more objective than a cat with a fish dangling in front of it.  You are a totally vapid person.

so plethora of info: yes. but if it is not based on facts i don't give it much value.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 06:48:52 AM »

caesu - you do have a lot of nerve. You consistently post links to the propaganda sites for Obama. You see, anyone can access and read that information, it's the underlying networks and associations in politics that require true research, analysis, and critical thought process. To date I've only seen you beat your chest with repetition of the campaign propaganda.

Anyone can hop on the bandwagon, that takes little effort or knowledge. It's the process of truly evaluating the political drivers and relationships that tell the true story of any candidate.

If you do live in the Netherlands as some have said, I'd think you have a gracious plenty to evaluate and fix within your own country before you start hammering our voters.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 08:08:10 AM »

Indeed!  Tylergal is the go-to person for political information.  She is right on top of most everything political.  My choice is John Kasich.  I just can't get enough of his ideas.  I followed him when he was in congress and still to this day wish he had been a stronger candidate in his presidential run.

I have always said the general population votes emotionally rather than logically. Obama is the feel good candidate that appeals to the young voters and the extreme left.  Right now, he is trying to shore up his middle American voters and they are being sucked into his rhetoric that has little substance.  I would really like to hear Obama's answer to the economic situation and how he would handle the rising fuel prices without putting so many out of work.  It's all great to go green, but it can't happen overnight without hurting a lot of people that depend on oil and coal production to pay their bills. So far, I have seen nothing that Obama has for a solution that is anything but a quick fix to make people feel good.
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 10:12:45 AM »

I was strongly against Mitt Romney as a candidate from the get go....due to my Mormon prejudices.  However, at this point he does seem to have very good credentials...and I do believe he is an AMERICAN.

I viewed the video you posted, Tyler, and even stuck it out when I saw it was an interview by Chris Matthews, who I dislike not only for his political views, but his outright bashing of Bush.......something he, as a journalist/reporter has no business doing......so opposite of BO'R...even  tho we know he is conservative, he is always "fair and balanced" and can never be heard "bashing" anyone!!

Bobby Jindal does not impress me, in fact none of the elected officials. in Louisianna do........the disaster in Louisianna was not the fault of the Federal Government..  The graft in New Orleans, money that was to be used to strengthen the levees was provided, but somehow "disappeared".  The hurricane arrived, the Mayor didn't use his resources to get the people out.......busses stood idle as did the Mayor and Governor.  Bush offered the National Guard, early on, but Blanco ignored his advice and waited until it was too late.  I also respect the fact that so much history in New Orleans was destroyed by Katrina, but see it as foolish to rebuild a city built below sea level and located in the hurricane belt.

The only one down there with an ounce of sense was the General (whose name always escapes me...but he's known as "The Ragin Cajun"...........I guess I'm just a pragmatist and can't understand why we can't employ "common sense folk".  Hey he is African American (bi-racial like Obama and doesn't seem at all confused or ashamed of any part of his ancestral heritage.

Sarah Palin doesn't impress me or strike me a "common sense" candidate.  Who the heck gets on a plane when they're in labor, to fly to Alaska to deliver?????   Going back to work three days after delivery doesn't impress me either.  What kind of mother thinks she can bond with her child, "mother" her newborn, while at work.

I believe that Mitt Romney is probably the best vp choice for McCain.........he won't make McCain appear older, I believe that he is a good "insurance policy", in case something should happen to McCain.

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.