March 28, 2024, 09:43:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Vice Presidential Candidate  (Read 8719 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 10:30:14 AM »

Indeed!  Tylergal is the go-to person for political information.  She is right on top of most everything political.  My choice is John Kasich.  I just can't get enough of his ideas.  I followed him when he was in congress and still to this day wish he had been a stronger candidate in his presidential run.

I have always said the general population votes emotionally rather than logically. Obama is the feel good candidate that appeals to the young voters and the extreme left.  Right now, he is trying to shore up his middle American voters and they are being sucked into his rhetoric that has little substance.  I would really like to hear Obama's answer to the economic situation and how he would handle the rising fuel prices without putting so many out of work.  It's all great to go green, but it can't happen overnight without hurting a lot of people that depend on oil and coal production to pay their bills. So far, I have seen nothing that Obama has for a solution that is anything but a quick fix to make people feel good.

Oh Lala's! I love John Kasich! He's just so down to earth and full of common sense, decency, and intelligience! Great choice!!!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 10:40:52 AM »

Caseu is a hack from ACORN, which has been what Obama has worked, his only job except as a law instructor in one of the most corrupt and dangerous and corrupt cities in the world, Chicago (don't get it wrong, he lied when he said he was a professor, he never was), the same city where he worked as a community organizer?  What is a community organizer?  How do you get one of those jobs?  ACORN was once listed as a communist front organization.  However, with our leniency in recent years, they are considered an activist organization.  They are the kind of organization that promoted such anti-Americans as Angela Davis, Black Panthers, Stokley Carmichael, Nation of Islam.  So when you think Caseu, think about ACORN and know that Caseu represents a racketeering organization.  ACORN acitivits go to prisons and register not only felons but people who are here in this country illegally.  They go into the neighborhoods that even cops fear going into and register the lowest of low and pay them with money for drugs or large cases of cigarettes.  So when you think activist with ACORN, think how it violates RICO, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.  You ever wonder why ACORN is against Gitmo?  It's hard to register them as voters there.  They want them here so they can register them more easily and start a movement by some of their "community activists."

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 12:06:53 PM »

caesu - you do have a lot of nerve. You consistently post links to the propaganda sites for Obama. You see, anyone can access and read that information, it's the underlying networks and associations in politics that require true research, analysis, and critical thought process. To date I've only seen you beat your chest with repetition of the campaign propaganda.

i only responded to Tylergal making up stuff.
you can check it for yourself.

i don't post many links or copy-past articles.
look at the topics list. Tyler is the one copy-pasting from right-wing-smear-blogs.
without even providing a source.

and another response: i didn't even know what ACORN was since a few weeks ago.
so i don't work for them.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 01:29:52 PM »

I am so glad Tyler's posts brought back CBB and Lala's and AuntieM to post again, that makes for educated exchanges which I sincerely appreciate.

AuntieM, very busy workday but thankfully it will end at 5 today but a quick note about the working mothers. The real dilemma today is that along with women having more opportunity in the workplace, there isn't any greater allowance for the demands of being a mother. I'm so thankful I had more variance on my workdays when mine were younger, as it is now my house could be on fire much less my kids sick or hurt, and my bosses would or could not care less. Just get the work done, so for women to succeed at work the expectation is that you had better give it your all 24/7. We need to change that but I just do not see that happening and it should be happening. Perhaps that's all the more reason we need a female VP on these tickets?

Tyler keep it up, I might need all weekend to read it all but hey, I appreciate the mindshare !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 01:39:11 PM »

I love having input from all but the constant droning lovefest of Obama gets a little old.  I post about Iraq, Iran, the general election, the election, the president, our standing in the world, our accomplishments and our failures.  I want everyone to read and think about it.

Think about the economy.  Why was it so good until 2007?  Think about that!  Didn't the GOP have the majority in the Congress and Senate until that time?  Isn't that the time the economy started tanking when Bush could not get any of his legislation through because, regardless of how good it was for the country, the Democrat led Senate and Congress vetoed it, and is that not playing politics for the sake of the party?  Bush has put through a lot of legislation that I disagree with but he is still the President and deserves his legislation to have a chance just as his predecessor presidents. 

Will Obama be my president if elected?  Of course.  Will I disagree with everything he does?  I doubt it.  Will I agree with everything he proposes?  I doubt that too.

But, this should be an exercise in thinking, not just believing that everything bad we are spoonfed in election years is correct.

Incidentally, if Bush's approval rating is 35% and Congress' approval rating is 12%, what does that say about the state of the union?

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 10:10:33 PM »

I don't understand why everyone is worshiping at Obama's feet?  He is beginning to take on the persona of the Antichrist.  That is scary when any one person can lead so many people and have so little in credentials.  And don't anyone go bad mouthing McCain for his war record. Anyone that has been through what he has in war is a hero in my book. 
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »

I don't understand why everyone is worshiping at Obama's feet?  He is beginning to take on the persona of the Antichrist.  That is scary when any one person can lead so many people and have so little in credentials.  And don't anyone go bad mouthing McCain for his war record. Anyone that has been through what he has in war is a hero in my book. 

Lalas, Obama scares me and has for quite a while.  I think we are going to be in a MESS if he should win and guess what, I am a registered Democrat but will no way support Obama.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 04:11:55 PM »

Here is the ACORN site, they have a brief history and such shown -

http://www.acorn.org
(there is also a page with "allied organizations"

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 07:29:22 PM »

Dear Lala's,

You are going off topic. This thread is about potential VP candidates for both McCain and Obama.

Worshiping at Obama's feet and your fear he is the anti christ should be addressed in other threads, not this one.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 07:54:44 PM »

Dear Lala's,

You are going off topic. This thread is about potential VP candidates for both McCain and Obama.

Worshiping at Obama's feet and your fear he is the anti christ should be addressed in other threads, not this one.

Oh  really?

As I said I choose John Kasich..he won't be in the mix, but that is my choice.  I still think Obama is a dangerous candidate and I still wonder why everyone is in such awe of him.  That goes to the choice he makes for his VP, so I think they are all related.  My opinion. 
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »

Oh and I forgot to add...I won't be in here anymore to be off topic.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »

Dear Lala's,

I keep seeing lots of changes at SM so maybe I am off topic as well. Are you now a moderator Louise?

Just a swinging with the tribe
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 08:47:37 PM »

I'm sorry Lala's. I didn't mean to be rude or controlling. A mistake.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 03:11:46 AM »

in 2004 Kerry announced his running mate on July 6th.

in 2000 Bush announced his running mate on July 25th.
and Gore on August 8th.

so in the coming weeks we'll know.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 02:08:04 AM »

I was strongly against Mitt Romney as a candidate from the get go....due to my Mormon prejudices.  However, at this point he does seem to have very good credentials...and I do believe he is an AMERICAN.

I viewed the video you posted, Tyler, and even stuck it out when I saw it was an interview by Chris Matthews, who I dislike not only for his political views, but his outright bashing of Bush.......something he, as a journalist/reporter has no business doing......so opposite of BO'R...even  tho we know he is conservative, he is always "fair and balanced" and can never be heard "bashing" anyone!!

Bobby Jindal does not impress me, in fact none of the elected officials. in Louisianna do........the disaster in Louisianna was not the fault of the Federal Government..  The graft in New Orleans, money that was to be used to strengthen the levees was provided, but somehow "disappeared".  The hurricane arrived, the Mayor didn't use his resources to get the people out.......busses stood idle as did the Mayor and Governor.  Bush offered the National Guard, early on, but Blanco ignored his advice and waited until it was too late.  I also respect the fact that so much history in New Orleans was destroyed by Katrina, but see it as foolish to rebuild a city built below sea level and located in the hurricane belt.

The only one down there with an ounce of sense was the General (whose name always escapes me...but he's known as "The Ragin Cajun"...........I guess I'm just a pragmatist and can't understand why we can't employ "common sense folk".  Hey he is African American (bi-racial like Obama and doesn't seem at all confused or ashamed of any part of his ancestral heritage.

Sarah Palin doesn't impress me or strike me a "common sense" candidate.  Who the heck gets on a plane when they're in labor, to fly to Alaska to deliver?????   Going back to work three days after delivery doesn't impress me either.  What kind of mother thinks she can bond with her child, "mother" her newborn, while at work.

I believe that Mitt Romney is probably the best vp choice for McCain.........he won't make McCain appear older, I believe that he is a good "insurance policy", in case something should happen to McCain.

Auntie Em, I had to come back here and respond to this, regards Bobby Jindal.  Bobby Jindal was in congress when this happened and personally alone without any help except citizens "stole a boat," for which he was almost shot by federales in an effort to rescue citizens of New Orleans when the mayor was sitting around screaming the then-governor was doing nothing but staking out territory safely in Seaside, Florida.  What would make you say such horrible things about Bobby Jindal who was told he could not even go into NOLA and yet he asked for a private flight to take him into the den of this confusion and started rescuing people single-handedly and putting them in boats and taking them to safety.  I cannot believe you would say that he was responsible for anything bad in New Orleans and showed more bravado than the governor and the mayor put together.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 02:12:18 AM »

Tyler! Glad to see you!!! 
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »

Obama update?

Hagel reportedly to join Obama in Iraq

...For Obama, the Republican name most often floated is Senator Chuck Hagel of Nebraska, who is conservative on some issues but has become an outspoken opponent of the Iraq war.

Look for the Hagel buzz to increase following today's report in The Wall Street Journal that he will join Obama on an upcoming, bipartisan trip to Iraq. Perhaps it's significant; perhaps it's not. But the fact that Obama and Hagel will be donning flak jackets together will surely provide more grist for the VP rumor mill in the days ahead.

Why would Obama choose a Republican?

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/07/hagel_reportedl.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2008, 06:39:29 AM »

So many good choices for McCain, e.g., Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, Tim Pawlenty, Mark Sanford, John Kasich, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Elizabeth Dole, Mitt Romney.

How about McCain / Feingold?  Maybe a bipartisan team? 

What about that is a good way for McCain to lose.  Very few people respect Russ Feingold, even in his own party and he has nothing to offer a candidate, either McCain or Obama. 

When choosing a candidate, a politician looks at essential areas of what they can do for the country, what they can bring to the ticket, what experience do they have that will enhance the office.  Russ Feingold brings zero, nada, zilch. 

Sarah Palin brings intelligence, articulation, beauty and youth, family values and executive experience.
Bobby Jindal brings extreme intelligence, articulation, that he would be the first Indian American in the executive branch, that he has a resume of accomplishments far beyond his years.
However, neither of them brings a state for McCain that is not already red.

Mitt Romney brings intelligence, gravitas, a keen eye toward the economy and family values, successes in Massachusetts and the Big Dig, the Olympics, just to name a few.  Mitt is popular in Michigan, Massachusetts, the Midwest and West, including California.

Pawlenty brings Minnesota, a much needed state for the GOP.  Pawlenty is very different in many ways to McCain, however, as he believes in legal immigration but not giving blanket citizenship to illegal immigrants.  McCain is a big believer in amnesty for everyone.

Mark Sanford is great on economics as is Jindal. He brings more traditional politics into the fray. 

Kay Bailey Hutchinson has experience, has been an auditor, treasurer, senator, etc.  She has supported and written a lot of legislation and is a big defender of women's rights as is Elizabeth Dole.  Kay does not offer that much as Texas is a red state but Elizabeth Dole could bring North Carolina out of the purple category.

John Kasich was the architect of the economics plan of the 1990s that got the economy percolating.

I will have to look into these people.  Many of them I have never heard of.  Thanks.

No, your mind is too closed to hear of them.  You will not hear of them at the Obama sites which you frequent.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.