March 28, 2024, 11:25:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #762 6/30 - 7/6/08  (Read 289165 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #600 on: July 05, 2008, 01:54:47 PM »

Johan,
Also at this link, story about the installation of the seven new judges from the Netherlands....September 25, 2005

http://www.korps-politie-suriname.com/nieuws/nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal/archief%20nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal/2005/2005-09-nieuwsbronnen-internationaal/2005-09-nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal.htm
Story is right under this picture:

The seven new judges who yesterday were installed. From left to right: Joop Drijkoningen, who in his second term in the West Indies begins; Alexa Gratama, Koen Haarhuis, Henk Wattel, Liesbeth the Kerpel-van de Poel, Rick Smid and Anita Geelhoed.

WILLEMSTAD - The rule of law as much as possible are ingericht and the rule of law should be as firmly anchored as possible. "We must not allow ourselves to be guided by exaggerated or emotional feelings of autonomy and separate status. Communities of justice for our small society is of great importance. "
Hofpresident Luis de Lannoy stressed yesterday in his speech on the occasion of the installation of seven new judges from the Netherlands, the express wish of the Court for more autonomy by its own statute and budget. De Lannoy took them three reports that in one year were prepared in response to the new political structure for the West Indies: the report Jesurun, the opinion of the Community Court 'Independent and Effective' and that of the working group Preparation Round Table Conference.
De Lannoy concludes that there are more similarities than differences. "In all scenarios, there will be justice in two bodies, by a Court and a Court. Each country gets, as is the case, its own Court. The staff union between the Court and the Court continues to exist. And in all scenarios, there is a greater or lesser extent, a common-law and more autonomy by its own statute and budget. To the extent that there should outline the internal organization of a Common Court, we see more independent Courts with its own president or vice-president, the presidency of the Court rotates. "
The differences are under the current Hofpresident in the degree of cooperation between the countries in the field of justice and how it is being worked out. "On this latter point, I can not stress enough that communities of justice in our small society of great importance and that such cooperation while maintaining their control therein, must be properly recorded and dealt with."
The opinion of the Court, in February this year, was, inter alia, that the system of justice in the Rijkswet. "The Court has insufficient confidence in voluntary partnerships between the various countries and islands. It is already not succeed to basic legal issues regularly, while the Court still two countries, the Dutch Antilles and Aruba, faces. With the disintegration of the West Indies is that only harder, "said De Lannoy.
The Court must be a legal entity with its own statute and a board consisting of the president and several vice-presidents who have led the daily on the Courts and a director who does not need a lawyer, but expertise in administrative and financial field. The function of Hofgriffier would disappear in that vision. The annual budget will be adopted by the Koninkrijksregering and the countries and islands serve as a pro rata basis to contribute.
The vice-president of the Court, Bob White(Wit), who took over in June goodbye, put it like this: "Now is the staff of the Court in the service of the country and which provides the legal position and its salary. The Court is now dependent on governments, which each have different ideas. Only with its own budget can be a truly independent judiciary. "
Workload declined
The backlog of appeals in civil cases last year declined. These delays were mainly due to the greatly increased work of the Courts in Aruba and St. Maarten, which the Court has not adequately respond. But there now seems to change. Early last zittingskaar backlog amounted to almost 100 cases, now that there are not 20 and that number is still growing. (Amigoe)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #601 on: July 05, 2008, 02:08:32 PM »

http://www.caricom.org/jsp/pressreleases/pres189_04.htm

Mr. Justice Jacob Wit LL.M. (Netherlands Antilles) is a Dutch national who has since 1986 been a Judge of the Joint Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, resident in Curacao. Justice Wit holds the degree of Master of Laws from the Free University of Amsterdam and in accordance with the practice in many civil law countries, after obtaining his Masters, he underwent a six-year course of training for the Judiciary. Some of the assignments given to Justice Wit in recent times have brought him into close contact with Judges of the English-speaking Caribbean. These include the joint organisation of judicial workshops and the taking of evidence abroad for use in his own jurisdiction. Justice Wit's knowledge of the civil law will be an important resource for the CCJ as some Member States of CARICOM (like Saint. Lucia) incorporate elements of civil law in what are otherwise a common law system, while others (like Suriname) are exclusively civil law.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: July 05, 2008, 02:21:13 PM »

http://www.jacobgeltdekker.com/foundation/Taking%20Ownership%20of%20Human%20Rights.html
(very long presentation!)

Taking Ownership of Human Rights Towards a maturing Dutch Caribbean.

Presentation by the Hon. Mr Justice Jacob Wit Judge of the Caribbean Court of Justice
At the occasion of the launch of the Dutch Caribbean Human Rights Committee

University of the Netherlands Antilles Curaçao, October 18, 2007

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #603 on: July 05, 2008, 02:21:24 PM »

http://www.caricom.org/jsp/pressreleases/pres189_04.htm

Mr. Justice Jacob Wit LL.M. (Netherlands Antilles) is a Dutch national who has since 1986 been a Judge of the Joint Court of Justice of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, resident in Curacao. Justice Wit holds the degree of Master of Laws from the Free University of Amsterdam and in accordance with the practice in many civil law countries, after obtaining his Masters, he underwent a six-year course of training for the Judiciary. Some of the assignments given to Justice Wit in recent times have brought him into close contact with Judges of the English-speaking Caribbean. These include the joint organisation of judicial workshops and the taking of evidence abroad for use in his own jurisdiction. Justice Wit's knowledge of the civil law will be an important resource for the CCJ as some Member States of CARICOM (like Saint. Lucia) incorporate elements of civil law in what are otherwise a common law system, while others (like Suriname) are exclusively civil law.

So why is a CIVIL judge presiding over CRIMINAL cases????

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #604 on: July 05, 2008, 02:21:55 PM »

Did everyone see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XlXeIARzyQ

Thanks for the laffs Carpe!!! lmao!!!

Hahahaha Carp was that you talking?

Guilty as charged, Blonde!

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #605 on: July 05, 2008, 02:24:41 PM »

Did everyone see this?

You don't SOUND like Sgt. Schultz!!!!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: July 05, 2008, 02:27:35 PM »

Did everyone see this?

You don't SOUND like Sgt. Schultz!!!!
No he doesn't...but he sounds COOL!   

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #607 on: July 05, 2008, 02:29:42 PM »

LOL Wreck!

Hey,

The Avitar today, is simply FABULOSO!

I am getting a big kick out of it.

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #608 on: July 05, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »

Johann,
Also at this link, story about the installation of the seven new judges from the Netherlands....September 25, 2005
http://www.korps-politie-suriname.com/nieuws/nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal/archief%20nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal/2005/2005-09-nieuwsbronnen-internationaal/2005-09-nieuwsbronnen%20internationaal.htm
Story is right under this picture:

thanks texasmom  !
And  flower for you
i took the pic 10 minutes ago in my garden

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #609 on: July 05, 2008, 02:35:21 PM »

Why thank you, texasmom!

------------------
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: July 05, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »

Wire tapping Domino case dismissed as evidence4 Jul, 2008, 18:01 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD – This morning, the judge dismissed the evidence that the OM obtained via wire tapping to justify the prosecution of the suspects of the Domino-case. Because of this, the main suspects, Luis Mansur and Mercasdo ‘Rafa’ Ochoa were sentenced to respectively 7 and 5 years imprisonment.

This was a setback for the OM that has spent a lot of time and effort and especially money on the wire tapping. With this decision, the court has anticipated on the new legislation. Also the seriousness of the facts, as being in the interest of the community, was not enough to use this investigation method and so come to the truth. The OM has violated an essential standard during the preparation of the investigation before the conduct. Considering the result of other cases, the judge thought a reduction of sentence appropriate for the suspects of the Domino case and acquittal of certain parts that the OM considered punishable based on evidence obtained from wire tapping Ochoa’s car.

That the six remaining suspects in the Domino-case have participated in a criminal organization involved in laundering of drug money is legally proven. Ochoa’s wife, Rosalinda Rasmijn, is sentenced to 18 months’ imprisonment instead of 4 years demanded by the OM. Melvin Leito is sentenced to 20 months; Ricardo Bello Martinez and José Cid are sentenced to 4 years each.

MANSUR

As already mentioned, Luis Mansur is sentenced to 7 years’ imprisonment instead of 10 as demanded by the OM. The judge said that Mansur acted as if the dealing in drugs was very normal. He was the financer of the business. That he is the biggest cocaine dealer of the island is a bit exaggerated, but he was also no amateur or occasional drug dealer, as he described himself. Mansur didn’t get punished for the fact that he fired two shots with a gun during his arrest. He could not have known that it was a raid and besides, his wife panicked and even called the alarm centre twice.

Ochoa is sentenced to just 5 years’ imprisonment, while the OM demanded 12. His privacy was massively invaded for a long time, said the judge. There is also no evidence that during the entire investigation period, he had dealt 2645 kilo cocaine as the OM indicated, but just some kilos

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_44112.php

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: July 05, 2008, 02:37:34 PM »

Reporting a conspiracy of AVP and SPA4 Jul, 2008, 17:55 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD –Lawyer and former Justice-minister Hendrik Croes is not surprised that the OM had to drop two charges due to lack of evidence. “Everybody knew that the story was made-up and can never be seriously maintained.”

Croes is convinced that the whole reporting was ‘a conspiracy, thought up at the hospital by AVP-leader Mike Eman, Benny Sevinger, police officer Finchi Tromp, and Speed Andrade’. He also criticized the involvement of the media; especially that of TV-station ATV – he calls it AVPTV - and of radio station channel 90 in this case. “Their involvement was simply dirty. I was lucky that before I was arrested that evening, I told TeleAruba and TOP FM my side of the story, so that witnesses could identify themselves and come forward with their story.” Croes says that there are many people that witnessed the incident at the roundabout of Paradera on March 16. But these people do not want to come forward, because they do not want to get involved.

The OM dropped two of the three charges. The OM maintained the third charge regarding endangerment of traffic safety, but Croes is of the opinion that police officer Edgar Maduro is guilty of this. His lawyer demanded acquittal, so he is not worried about this third charge. Croes and his lawyer said that this matter has caused him a lot of harm. They are considering a civil case against Maduro. “But I am not in a hurry and I have not decided anything yet. Some have tried to damage my reputation, but on the other hand, I am down to one more experience and one less illusion.”

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_44111.php

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: July 05, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »

and judge Bob Wit wants a PG for St. Maarten.
(now there is one PG for the Antilles and one for Aruba).

St. Maarten en Curaçao are both becoming a country like Aruba but agreed is that they together with the special dutch municipalities Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba will continue to share one PG.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_44114.php

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: July 05, 2008, 02:40:22 PM »

Why thank you, texasmom!
You're welcome!

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #614 on: July 05, 2008, 02:40:38 PM »

ORANJESTAD –Lawyer and former Justice-minister Hendrik Croes is not surprised that the OM had to drop two charges due to lack of evidence. “Everybody knew that the story was made-up and can never be seriously maintained.”

He sounds just like Joran and Paulus with that zinger, huh caesu?

------------------
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: July 05, 2008, 02:45:53 PM »

thanks texasmom  !
And  flower for you
i took the pic 10 minutes ago in my garden

Thank you Johan!!!!  It's beautiful, and I love it!

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: July 05, 2008, 02:49:57 PM »

it's just a big intimidating warning for everyone on Aruba:

if you oppose the government / MEP / Croes brothers in any way...
you will be ran over. and you will get hurt. and the perpetrator will be acquitted by the judge.
and you will be prosecuted by the OM for standing in the way.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: July 05, 2008, 02:52:45 PM »

you will be ran over. and you will get hurt. and the perpetrator will be acquitted by the judge.

EXACTLY!!!!   

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #618 on: July 05, 2008, 03:04:11 PM »

I found more about Jacob Wit Caesu  ! i will post it this evening or tomorrow
But I need a better translator ,i use google now

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #619 on: July 05, 2008, 03:08:29 PM »

We have a discussion on fok about the C&C area
i post a pic now with a question in it

maybe you have to use the scrollbar

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.