April 19, 2024, 12:15:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #762 6/30 - 7/6/08  (Read 290336 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: July 06, 2008, 05:00:35 PM »

I really wish people (all people) would STOP continuing to drag out an issue in the NH thread I've asked not to.  It would be really nice if everyone would read the entire thread, or catch up, and see what has transpired.

Dihannah, if you had read further you would see that I had requested AGAIN for the discussion to end.  You would also see that GBMW has requested their account inactivated.  I have honored that request.

Now, I personally don't care if anyone posts here again after all that has transpired since last night.  Is that clear?  There are people that don't post here by choice, not because they are banned.  It's OK by me, I don't care who posts or doesn't post.  Frankly I'm sick and tired of the petty arguments. 
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: July 06, 2008, 05:01:06 PM »

i think but am not 100% sure that a 'fiscal' in papiamento is a 'officier van justitie', a public prosecutor.
a 'mayor fiscal' is a 'hoofdofficier van justitie', a head-public prosecutor. and that is Hans Mos.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: July 06, 2008, 05:02:25 PM »

Destiny - I'm still not clear on the use of FISCAL.  Maybe Caesu can clarify?
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: July 06, 2008, 05:03:23 PM »

i think but am not 100% sure that a 'fiscal' in papiamento is a 'officier van justitie', a public prosecutor.
a 'mayor fiscal' is a 'hoofdofficier van justitie', a head-public prosecutor. and that is Hans Mos.

fiscal mayor

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: July 06, 2008, 05:08:57 PM »

Anyone else?  
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #945 on: July 06, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »

Dihannah1: People say they still love Peter, but they do not respect his decision to use Patrick for what he accomplished?

Dihannah1 the only way to catch a criminal of this caliber is to use another criminal.
Then he will  talk, because they speak the same language.

I totally agree!  He served his purpose, that's all that matters. Peter knew what he was doing and it worked! Patrick is the one who needs to live with his own decisions and actions of the past.  Not for us to judge.  I'm sure not one of us here are perfect, just maybe different levels of imperfection. 

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
CapsLockWizard
Monkey Junky

« Reply #946 on: July 06, 2008, 05:14:15 PM »

Does anybody know what this says?

Siman pasa Sr. Michael Saladin a wordo aresta. For di famianan di Sr. Saladin nos por compronde cu e Embahada Americano na Curacao a comunica cu Fiscal Deutekom na Aruba tocante e caso di Sr. Michael Saladin. Sr Saladin, ta un ciudadano Americano, residencia na Aruba cu status legal. Pa 24 ora no ta conoci e detayenan exacto di e combersacion aki, pero si por bisa, cu e Embahador Americano, NO a wordo informa formalmente of informalmente tocante encarcelacion di e ciudadano Americano en cuestion, cual ta un obligacion di un pais según leynan Estado-unidense manera nos por compronde.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:GmYzxUC2uRYJ:www.24ora.com/content/blogcategory/6/8/9/1251/+deutekom+aruba&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=30&gl=us

Translation: Last Week Mr. Michael Saladin got arrested. From the Saladin Family it came to out attention that the USA Embassy in Curacao is in communication with Prosecuter Deutekom in Aruba about the case of Mr Michael Saladin. for 24ORA, the details about this conversation is not clear, but that the USA Embassy was not informed or officially informed about the incarceration of the USA citezen in question, which is an obligation of any country according to the laws of the United States as we understand it.
CapsLockWizard
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: July 06, 2008, 05:17:03 PM »

The transalations are correct.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #948 on: July 06, 2008, 05:17:35 PM »

Destiny - I'm still not clear on the use of FISCAL.  Maybe Caesu can clarify?

Reply email from Aruba...

Hi xxxxx;

In Joran's book he write about Freddy, who he is and who are the parents. But I don't have the book anymore because I have lent somebody the book and he doesn't return it to me yet.

THe man Deutekom is a important person in the justice of Aruba (a fiscal) but I don't know if we have picture of him. If I find one I will send it to you. I keep looking at other names. I let you know.

Bye

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: July 06, 2008, 05:18:14 PM »

Siman pasa Sr. Michael Saladin a wordo aresta. For di famianan di Sr. Saladin nos por compronde cu e Embahada Americano na Curacao a comunica cu Fiscal Deutekom na Aruba tocante e caso di Sr. Michael Saladin. Sr Saladin, ta un ciudadano Americano, residencia na Aruba cu status legal. Pa 24 ora no ta conoci e detayenan exacto di e combersacion aki, pero si por bisa, cu e Embahador Americano, NO a wordo informa formalmente of informalmente tocante encarcelacion di e ciudadano Americano en cuestion, cual ta un obligacion di un pais según leynan Estado-unidense manera nos por compronde.

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:GmYzxUC2uRYJ:www.24ora.com/content/blogcategory/6/8/9/1251/+deutekom+aruba&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=30&gl=us

Translation: Last Week Mr. Michael Saladin got arrested. From the Saladin Family it came to out attention that the USA Embassy in Curacao is in communication with Prosecuter Deutekom in Aruba about the case of Mr Michael Saladin. for 24ORA, the details about this conversation is not clear, but that the USA Embassy was not informed or officially informed about the incarceration of the USA citezen in question, which is an obligation of any country according to the laws of the United States as we understand it.

Ah, so he was involved with this case too.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #950 on: July 06, 2008, 05:20:22 PM »

I really wish people (all people) would STOP continuing to drag out an issue in the NH thread I've asked not to.  It would be really nice if everyone would read the entire thread, or catch up, and see what has transpired.

Dihannah, if you had read further you would see that I had requested AGAIN for the discussion to end.  You would also see that GBMW has requested their account inactivated.  I have honored that request.

Now, I personally don't care if anyone posts here again after all that has transpired since last night.  Is that clear?  There are people that don't post here by choice, not because they are banned.  It's OK by me, I don't care who posts or doesn't post.  Frankly I'm sick and tired of the petty arguments. 

I apologize to you Klaas.  I'm done now.  I was only responding to others who continued.  To make it clear, I was not trying to argue, so much as providing my own personal opinion and in my mind it DOES impact the integrity of this forum and it's cause.  So I felt it important to speak out for the sake of the case.  I don't want to see people go who can provide invaluable information....  I respect those who have differing opinions, but in a respectful manner.  YOU are the glue that holds this place together and do NOT always get the credit that is due, because you are HUMBLE.  I will let it go now.....
I

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: July 06, 2008, 05:24:18 PM »

Very interesting.  thanks for the translation.  Very interesting that the US Embassy was not informed of incarceration.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: July 06, 2008, 05:24:32 PM »

GBMW - banned per their request

******* - banned per their request

ANYONE ELSE?
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #953 on: July 06, 2008, 05:25:10 PM »

Ok will try to post this again...when I emailed my contact in Aruba regarding a question on Frans for Lala's...I was told in email back that FRANS van DEUTEKOM was a Prosecutor and a *FISCAL*....I never could figure out what a damn *fiscal* is...so I did a little internet romping and came up with this....might be totally off base...don't know...

Destiny

[PDF]
12-09-2007 Body 2.indd
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Deportivo Frans Figaroa. na Noord, dianan 8 y 9. di September ultimo, a ...... y Fiscal Mr . Deutekom,. kier pa un di dos rapport. siquiatrico. ...
solodipueblo.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=242 - Similar pages
More results from solodipueblo.com »

ALSO ON FISCAL:

As from 1st July, 2003, Aruba introduced the New Fiscal Regime (NFR) which abolishes its offshore regime as such. See Offshore Legal and Tax Regimes and Domestic Corporate Taxes for a full description of the NFR.

Companies formed prior to the introduction of the NFR are 'grandfathered' into the NFR, with existing privileges continued until the end of 2007, meaning an effective tax rate of 2.4% to 3% for foreign-owned companies.

The NFR contains a specific exemption for the AEC (see below), although the exemption is disapplied in the event that the AEC generates profits from illegal activities, as defined under Aruba criminal law. In such case all of the AEC's profits earned from the day of incorporation will be liable to profit tax at the rate of 35%.

However, as from January 1, 2006, Aruba has introduced a revised tax regime for these companies, which offers three possibilities to AEC companies:

* The AEC can continue its activities as a fully taxed corporation, subject to tax at the rate of 35%.
    * An AEC can remain exempt if it acts as a holding or financing company (but not as a bank) with foreign subsidiaries subject to a profit tax of at least 17.5% on at least 95% of dividends. Investment activities can also remain exempt, excluding real estate. Licensing of intellectual property is also permitted.
    * An AEC can elect to be a pass-through entity. The income of a “pass-through AEC” would accrue directly to the AEC’s shareholder(s) and would be subject to tax at the shareholder level. When electing for transparency status an AEC has to disclose the identity of its shareholder(s) to the local tax authorities, and has to file its financial statements with the tax authorities in Aruba within six months of the financial year-end.

Does all this that Aruba was a tax haven but now isn't? I know a lot of islands that were have reformed their tax structure.

I Stand With The Girl
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: July 06, 2008, 05:26:01 PM »

Ah, so he was involved with this case too.

And...it looks as if he gets his way...no matter who it pisses off!

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: July 06, 2008, 05:27:22 PM »

Hi everyone.  Here is what dictionary.com says about "fiscal". 

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
fis·cal    Audio Help   /ˈfɪskəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fis-kuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1.   of or pertaining to the public treasury or revenues: fiscal policies.
2.   of or pertaining to financial matters in general.
–noun
3.   (in some countries) a prosecuting attorney.

4.   Philately. a revenue stamp.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: July 06, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »

OH, I read your post so quick, I missed that we have now lost another invaluable Dutch poster!  MY POINT!  HOW SAD....
You may get your wish, about no more posters.  I don't want to get banned,  I've been here as long as many and hate to see what has happened here, so feel I have an opinion on what is occuring as many do.   Thank GOD for the few left, who still contribute so much.

I'm back to the Political thread, if I'm not banned now.

I do respect you and feel for your circumstances, I don't even blame you for your being sick of pettiness, but this isn't petty, when one person can interfere with this forum in a negative way and be allowed to continue.   Signing of now....

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #957 on: July 06, 2008, 05:29:51 PM »

Ok will try to post this again...when I emailed my contact in Aruba regarding a question on Frans for Lala's...I was told in email back that FRANS van DEUTEKOM was a Prosecutor and a *FISCAL*....I never could figure out what a damn *fiscal* is...so I did a little internet romping and came up with this....might be totally off base...don't know...

Destiny

[PDF]
12-09-2007 Body 2.indd
Deportivo Frans Figaroa. na Noord, dianan 8 y 9. di September ultimo, a ...... y Fiscal Mr . Deutekom,. kier pa un di dos rapport. siquiatrico. ...
solodipueblo.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=242 - Similar pages

ALSO ON FISCAL:

As from 1st July, 2003, Aruba introduced the New Fiscal Regime (NFR) which abolishes its offshore regime as such. See Offshore Legal and Tax Regimes and Domestic Corporate Taxes for a full description of the NFR.

Companies formed prior to the introduction of the NFR are 'grandfathered' into the NFR, with existing privileges continued until the end of 2007, meaning an effective tax rate of 2.4% to 3% for foreign-owned companies.

The NFR contains a specific exemption for the AEC (see below), although the exemption is disapplied in the event that the AEC generates profits from illegal activities, as defined under Aruba criminal law. In such case all of the AEC's profits earned from the day of incorporation will be liable to profit tax at the rate of 35%.

However, as from January 1, 2006, Aruba has introduced a revised tax regime for these companies, which offers three possibilities to AEC companies:

* The AEC can continue its activities as a fully taxed corporation, subject to tax at the rate of 35%.
    * An AEC can remain exempt if it acts as a holding or financing company (but not as a bank) with foreign subsidiaries subject to a profit tax of at least 17.5% on at least 95% of dividends. Investment activities can also remain exempt, excluding real estate. Licensing of intellectual property is also permitted.
    * An AEC can elect to be a pass-through entity. The income of a “pass-through AEC” would accrue directly to the AEC’s shareholder(s) and would be subject to tax at the shareholder level. When electing for transparency status an AEC has to disclose the identity of its shareholder(s) to the local tax authorities, and has to file its financial statements with the tax authorities in Aruba within six months of the financial year-end.

You are correct Destiny.  I was asking in one of the threads about duty free stuff just for the purpose of trying to determine what that word "fiscal" would mean in Aruba. You know nothing means the same thing in Aruba as it does here. Thanks.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: July 06, 2008, 05:30:10 PM »

Destiny

[PDF]
12-09-2007 Body 2.indd

ALSO ON FISCAL:

Does all this that Aruba was a tax haven but now isn't? I know a lot of islands that were have reformed their tax structure.

http://www.lowtax.net/lowtax/html/jarcos.html

Here is the link that came from...to me the part I posted...infers that *if* the funds were obtained in a not legal manner...they would be charged more taxes....LOL....hope I read it wrong...but we are talking about Aruba....

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #959 on: July 06, 2008, 05:31:27 PM »

******* - banned per their request ??????????

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.