April 18, 2024, 03:00:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #869 3/20/2015 -  (Read 1625986 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2060 on: February 02, 2024, 06:31:38 PM »

Thank you grace-land for these up dates. Crazy weird that the shooter has ties to Aruba.

You're welcome, spooky112483!

His ties to Aruba is an interesting coincidence. Anyway. I'm hoping for a just verdict in June and some measure of closure for the family.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2061 on: February 02, 2024, 06:36:33 PM »

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2062 on: February 07, 2024, 04:52:53 PM »

Update: Peter de Vries Trial

https://www.villamedia.nl/artikel/advocaat-filmen-gewonde-peter-r-de-vries-is-geen-misdrijf

Google translation

Lawyer: filming injured Peter R. De Vries is not a crime

Filming Peter R. de Vries after he was shot makes Gerower M.C. not partly guilty of the murder attempt, according to the lawyer of the 27-year-old suspect. The Public Prosecution Service has demanded 21 years in prison against him, including for observing, following and filming the crime reporter.
Last modified: February 7, 2024, 5:00 PM

The same sentence has also been demanded against co-suspect Erickson O. for these suspicions. The two were arrested abroad on July 4, 2022, M.C. in Spain, O. in Curaçao. Both deny having anything to do with the murder. Their defense therefore wants an acquittal. “We see no role in the preparation, execution or handling of the murder,” one of the lawyers for 29-year-old O. said on Wednesday.

Life sentences have been imposed on three other suspects. It concerns the alleged murder broker, shooter and driver. The verdict is scheduled for June.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2063 on: February 16, 2024, 05:34:32 PM »

Update: Peter de Vries Trial

https://www.curacaochronicle.com/post/local/curacaoan-ludgardo-s-denies-any-involvement-in-the-murder-of-peter-r-de-vries/

Google translation

Curaçaoan Ludgardo S. denies any involvement in the murder of Peter R. de Vries
LOCAL | By Correspondent Feb. 9, 2024

AMSTERDAM - Ludgardo S., the suspect of Curaçaoan origin from Tilburg, has stated through his lawyer that he played no role in the murder of crime journalist Peter R. de Vries. During a hearing yesterday, he emphasized his innocence and rejected the accusations from the Public Prosecutor. The prosecution suspects 35-year-old Ludgardo of conducting reconnaissance and searching for information on the internet prior to the attack, for which they had requested a fourteen-year prison sentence.

On Friday, the defense's plea for the alleged hitman Krystian M. and the shooter Delano G. are scheduled, both facing life sentences, as well as for the alleged driver of the getaway car, Kamil E. The verdict in this case is expected in June.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2064 on: February 16, 2024, 06:49:04 PM »

"...we see him with a lot of fat on his bones"  "...Joran proudly marches through the prison..."  Words fail me...

Video at the link below--
https://panorama.nl/artikel/509763/video-joran-van-der-sloot-marcheert-als-vaandeldrager-door-peruaanse-bajes

Google translation

Video: Joran van der Sloot marches as a standard bearer through Peruvian prisons
Special images from the South American prison.
Crime
Editorial Panorama
Feb 9 2024 | 15:08

Will Joran be able to survive in the Peruvian Challapalca prison? In a new video of the Dutch murderer it seems so. Although Van der Sloot has been in custody for a while - since 2010, to be precise - we see him with a lot of fat on his bones. But even more striking: Joran proudly marches through the prison with a Peruvian flag. The fragment was broadcast on the Peruvian channel Latina Noticias.

It appears to be an exercise in the infamous prison. Prisoners had gathered for this purpose in one of the outdoor squares. Then there was 'long live Peru!' was called and Joran van der Sloot was allowed to march around with a Peruvian flag. The images were eventually released by the National Prisons Authority.

https://curacao.nu/joran-van-der-sloot-marcheert-als-vaandeldrager-door-peruaanse-bajes/

Google translation

Joran van der Sloot marches as a standard bearer through Peruvian prisons
Feb 09, 2024

New images of Joran van der Sloot in Peruvian prison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAwaIdOJypI
Marcherende Joran van der Sloot in gevangenis: ‘Lang leve Peru!’
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2065 on: February 16, 2024, 07:02:04 PM »

https://www.today.com/popculture/tv/joran-van-der-sloot-peacock-documentary-rcna138496

EXCLUSIVE: See the trailer for Peacock's doc about Joran van der Sloot, Natalee Holloway's killer
This documentary puts a spotlight on Joran van der Sloot, who admitted to killing Natalee Holloway decades after her disappearance in Aruba.
Feb. 13, 2024, 10:03 AM CST / Source: TODAY
By Liz Calvario

Peacock's new true crime documentary, “Pathological: The Lies of Joran van der Sloot,” puts a spotlight on a contemporary killer.

Joran van der Sloot was convicted of killing 21-year-old Stephany Flores from Peru in 2012, and later confessed, in 2023, to killing Natalee Holloway in a stunning admission nearly two decades after her disappearance.

TODAY.com can exclusively reveal the first trailer for “Pathological: The Lies of Joran van der Sloot,” which takes a closer look at van der Sloot’s pattern of violence through rare interviews and insight from people who knew him.

When will 'Pathological: The Lies of Joran van der Sloot' be released?
“Pathological: The Lies of Joran van der Sloot" will premiere on Feb. 27 on Peacock.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2066 on: February 26, 2024, 11:18:49 AM »

https://nypost.com/2024/02/25/world-news/natalee-holloway-killer-joran-van-der-sloot-having-sex-with-three-different-women-in-prison/
Natalee Holloway killer Joran van der Sloot having sex with three different women while serving life in prison
By Steve Helling
Published Feb. 25, 2024
Updated Feb. 25, 2024, 9:45 a.m. ET

Natalee Holloway killer Joran van der Sloot is having sex with three different women, despite serving a 28-year sentence in a Peruvian prison for murder.

“He was approved for conjugal visits,” a spokesperson for Peru’s National Penitentiary Institute tells The Post. “He has the same rights as any other prisoner.”

The news comes as no surprise to people who know the 36-year-old van der Sloot, who last year finally confessed to the brutal 2005 murder of 18-year-old high school senior Natalee Holloway in Aruba.

“He’s a player, and has always been a player,” his childhood friend, Cas Arends, told the Post. “Women have always been attracted to him for some reason.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2067 on: February 27, 2024, 12:34:16 PM »

Hmmm..."Unexpected Life Insurance"

https://www.eonline.com/news/1395917/untangling-the-many-lies-joran-van-der-sloot-told-about-the-murders-of-natalee-holloway-stephany-flores
Untangling the Many Lies Joran van der Sloot Told About the Murders of Natalee Holloway & Stephany Flores

The Peacock documentary Pathological: The Lies of Joran van der Sloot delves into the pain Joran caused two families before he confessed to killing Natalee Holloway in 2023.
By NATALIE FINN FEB 27, 2024 6:00 AM

Joran van der Sloot never denied meeting Natalee Holloway at a bar in Aruba, or that he spent time with her by the beach in the early morning hours of May 30, 2005.

But he didn't admit to killing the 18-year-old until 2023, when he gave a detailed confession in federal court in Birmingham, Ala., as part of his October guilty plea to extortion and wire fraud charges.

"A far as I'm concerned it's over, it's over," Natalee's mother, Beth Holloway, told reporters outside the courthouse. "Joran van der Sloot is no longer the suspect in my daughter's murder. He is the killer."

Unexpected Life Insurance

Ricardo didn't go into detail, but said in the documentary, per the translation, "We've taken measures to take care of" Joran in prison. As in, they wanted to ensure that Joran lived to serve his full sentence.

"We've made sure that nothing bad happens to him," Stephany's dad explained. "Because if he dies, it's over. His suffering is over, his punishment is over. What he has to repay is over."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2068 on: February 27, 2024, 12:56:13 PM »

Re: Peter R. de Vries

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/drug-kingpin-ridouan-taghi-life-sentence-well-oiled-killing-machine-netherlands/
Drug kingpin accused of leading "well-oiled killing machine" gets life sentence in the Netherlands
February 27, 2024 / 11:00 AM EST / CBS/AFP

Dutch drug kingpin Ridouan Taghi received a life sentence on Tuesday over a series of murders committed by his gang that shocked the Netherlands. Prosecutors called the alleged campaign of assassinations a "well-oiled killing machine."

Taghi, 46, is the alleged mastermind of the Amsterdam-based group called the "Mocro-maffia" that is thought to be one of the Netherlands' largest cocaine distributors.

Security around the trial has been extremely tight with judges and prosecutors asking not to be identified. At least three people directly connected to the mega six-year trial have been killed.

"We are sentencing all 17 suspects. Ridouan Taghi gets life in prison," said a judge at the Amsterdam District Court.

Taghi was the "undisputed leader" of what the judge called a "murder organization."

Shortly afterwards police made a breakthrough in the case, when one of the suspected gang members, "Nabil B.," handed himself over and agreed to become the prosecution's main witness.

A new wave of violence followed after Nabil B. turned state witness, leaving three people dead in scenes that shocked the nation.

Nabil B.'s brother was murdered in 2018, his lawyer Derk Wiersum was shot dead outside his house in 2019, and the prominent Dutch crime journalist Peter R. de Vries was killed in 2021.

De Vries acted as Nabil B.'s confidant at the time of his murder and had said before he was on Taghi's hit list.

The judge said the Nabil B.'s testimony led to convictions in five murders that otherwise would not have been solved.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2069 on: April 05, 2024, 07:22:56 PM »

Thanks for all the updates, grace-land!  

Pathological - Steph Watts - Hard pass.     I can't even stand to hear his little leprechaun voice.  Monkey Devil!

Had to laugh at the video of Joran marching with the flag and singing.  Couldn't decide if he was really struggling at times or actually getting some sick sexual pleasure from that flag pole!    

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2070 on: April 06, 2024, 08:50:44 PM »

You're welcome, texasmom!

I was a bit worried that he might trip and fall and hurt himself--you know--that flag pole. 
Maybe he'll play an ole big vibrating drum at the next parade. It's safer. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2071 on: April 09, 2024, 06:25:22 AM »

You're welcome, texasmom!

I was a bit worried that he might trip and fall and hurt himself--you know--that flag pole. 
Maybe he'll play an ole big vibrating drum at the next parade. It's safer. 

Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2072 on: April 09, 2024, 06:30:13 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EzvUx1Xktmo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/EzvUx1Xktmo</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvUx1Xktmo

Greta calls out FBI after rejected FOIA request: 'Suspicious of a cover-up'

Newsmax
2.19M subscribers

Apr 9, 2024  #NEWSMAX #News #BreakingNews
'BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS': The FBI had evidence to arrest Joran van der Sloot nearly a decade and a half ago - but they didn't act, allowing Natalee Holloway's accused killer to allegedly kill again, Greta Van Susteren says.

(Transcript below copied from Youtube page and I've corrected many (but not all) obvious errors.  In other words, it's not perfect but it's storming here and I'm posting before the power goes off and I lose all the work I've done on it!   )

Transcript  

Many of you have watched me for years remember some of the investigations I've done and I want to bring you the latest on one that I've worked on since June of 2005.
That's the year and the month that I arrived in Aruba and because my hotel room was not ready, I went from the airport to the hotel where Natalee Holloway had been staying before she vanished about 10 days earlier. I knocked on the hotel door expecting either no answer, or perhaps a tourist who had moved into the room. I did not expect what happened. The door opened and standing before me was Beth Holloway, the mother of the missing child. I instantly saw the pain in her eyes. And if you know any parent who has ever lost a child, you know that look.  She invited me in. We talked and the only way I could even begin to console her was to promise that I would stay in this investigation until the end when we had all the facts.  At the time of the promise quite frankly, I thought that would be at most a few days. I had no idea it would be years and years. But I've kept my word and I still am almost 19 years later. As you probably know, last June, Vandersloot was brought to the United States after Beth and I pursued him for years and then a few months later in October, Vandersloot pleaded guilty to wire fraud, extortion, not to murder.  He was not charged with murder.  There is no doubt in my mind that Vandersloot killed Natalee Holloway, but he left out a whole lot of details in this plea, a much darker story about Aruba, but I'm going to leave that for a future date. In the meantime, there is a question of the FBI that needs to be answered. But the FBI doesn't want to answer the question.  Here is the question. Why in Aruba in 2010, right after Vandersloot committed the extortion crime in front of the FBI, didn't they arrest him?  When he was not arrested. Vandersloot slipped out of Aruba from under the FBI noses and committed a second murder, 21 year old Stephanie Flores. Here is the background of the sting, in 2010 and the FBI. On Mother's Day May 9th 2010 John Q Kelly, lawyer for Beth Holloway, and an old friend of mine arrived at the Queen Beatrix International Airport in Aruba. His person His role in the planned FBI sting operation. Prior to the sting operation Vandersloot and Kelly have been exchanging emails, Vandersloot said. The extortion he would tell the mother of the then five year missing Natalee, where she could find her remains only if Beth Holloway paid him $250,000. Kelly notified the FBI and the plans for the sting began. The FBI arrived days before Kelly they had received permission from Aruban authorities to conduct this sting operation in their country.  Hotel rooms were rented at the Marriott Hotel on the beach. One room was wired with cameras to catch Vandersloot in the act, extorting Beth Holloway through a lawyer. In the next room. The FBI agents wore headsets, watching the camera monitors and listening and recording everything. A rental car was likewise wired as Kelly after giving Vandersloot a down payment on the $250,000 in the hotel room would then be driving Vandersloot to the location where Vandersloot would be pointing out the fictitious spot where the mother of the girl he brutally murdered could find the remains of her daughter. The hotel room and rental car sting, it went down flawlessly. Kelly did a perfect job. Even getting Vandersloot to slowly count the down payment of that money so that Vandersloot remained on camera for a long time for a future jury to watch. When you're on taking the money from Kelly and the lie about the location of the remains the crime was completed. Extortion all caught on tape. Nothing more was needed. Other than an arrest and indictment and a trial and a trial where the jurors need only view the tape. Meanwhile back in the United States on the phone all the time, with Kelly closely monitoring this on but known to the FBI, I was the one who originally gave Joran Kelly's email and phone number.  I knew Vandersloot was evil. I knew he would do anything to get money and I knew he would fall into this trap. Prior Vandersloot claimed to me more than once that he was innocent of murdering Natalee Holloway. I never believed him. I also knew that a few years earlier in 2007, the Aruban police and prosecutor had inexplicably closed the case. So in at least one email exchange with Vandersloot in 2010, when he was looking for money, I reminded him that there still remained a reward fund for information that could lead to finding Natalee's body. I told him that if he were innocent, as he claimed, and if he knew something about the burial site he might consider trying to collect that reward.  He asked how I said I didn't know, but that he should contact Beth Holloway's lawyer, and he did.  He then asked for and I gave him information how to reach Kelly on his own volition. No one forced him. He took the bait, and he contacted Kelly.  Now back to the hotel room with the crime, Extortion now completed on tape with the FBI watching. You would think Vandersloot would be arrested. You would think that since the FBI got permission from Aruban authorities to conduct the sting out operation that they made plans to arrest Vandersloot should he commit the crime and of course, he did commit it on tape in front of them. The day after the sting May 11th the FBI put Kelly on a plane to return to the United States. But just as on May 10th Vandersloot was not arrested on May 11th Nor was he arrested on May 12th Not on May 13th, not May, 14th and, as the days continued, there was no arrest. Meanwhile Kelly Beth Holloway and I were on the phone daily, maybe more than once a day trying to figure out what is the hold up. The crime had been committed right from the FBI, so why no arrest? The days continue to roll by and the more they did without an arrest, The more annoyed we were all getting. During the passing days. Kelly would contact the special agent still in Aruba, but he got no answers. In my calls to Kelly, I got increasingly annoyed. I pointed out to Kelly the crime was committed right in front of the FBI. The FBI sure arrested my clients on a whole lot less.  As the days went on, and with Kelly's growing impatience at no arrest, no doubt aided by my own frustration. The FBI told Kelly, be patient, they were working on it most significantly, one of the agents told Kelly who then told me and I will never forget this that Kelly did not worry since they had Vandersloot under 24/7 surveillance. I remembered that because it was so important. I knew Vandersloot was a killer. I knew he now had money, the down payment from Kelly and that Vandersloot besides being evil is very smart. The days continue to roll on with no arrest. May 15th No arrest may 16th may 17 may 18 may 19 may 20 may 21st 11 days after the sting still no arrest. An email from the special agent in Aruba to Kelly 11 days after the sting operation proves Kelly's frustration the time on the email is 7:54 a.m. It's from an FBI agent to Kelly. It reads quote. My BlackBerry Lost voice calms yesterday, so I'm on my computer. The suggestion by the emails that he could not return a call to Kelly from Aruba to United States. Well, That's absolutely absurd. There was a telephone in every single hotel room in that Marriott Hotel. He didn't have to use his BlackBerry to call Kelly.  There's more to the agent's email. He says that he is quote still putting the case together.  Do you buy that still put the case together 11 days later?  Well, what did they have to put together? The crime was 100% caught on tape with the FBI watch in real time and the FBI permission from Aruba to do that thing. So why do I want to know what the FBI was doing for at least 11 days in Aruba, and maybe they were there are more and that they never arrested Vandersloot. Because a short time later. I found myself in the living room in Lima, Peru, with a sobbing and inconsolable father. Here's what happened.  Four days after the May 10th sting operation on May 14th.  Vandersloot checked into Hotel Tech in Lima, Peru. He did so four days after the May 10th sting. While the FBI claims it was still collecting evidence of a completed crime and while claiming Vandersloot was under 24/7 surveillance Well, he was 1764 miles away on at least May 14th So much for that 24/7 surveillance. No arrest was made. And then the unthinkable.  Vandersloot murdered again in Peru. Vandersloot met 21 year old Stephanie Flores in a casino, same type of location he met Natalee Holloway from the casino.  Vandersloot took Stephanie back to his hotel room and then on May 30th the fifth year anniversary of his beating to death of Natalee Holloway, he beat Stephanie Flores to death.  Reports out of Peru were that the autopsy of the young girl was so difficult to do because she was so badly beaten. That was after Vandersloot, of course killed again. I went on ABC's Good Morning America shortly thereafter and said the FBI had blood on its hands. I wanted to then and I want to know now, what was the FBI doing in Aruba on at least as late as May 21st 11 days after the sting, and at least seven days after Vandersloot was long gone with the opportunity to kill again, and of course he did. At the time, ABC asked the FBI for a statement. This is what the FBI said quote The Birmingham investigation was not related in any way to the murder in Peru, despite having been in motion for several weeks at the time of Miss Flores's death, it was not sufficiently enveloped to bring charges prior to the time Vandersloot left Aruba. The FBI's response continued a case based on events outside the United States, a complex matter and work was proceeded with all deliberate speed to prepare the evidence the charges and necessary procedures to obtain custody of Vandersloot. End of quote. I'm sure you noticed in a statement. The FBI didn't mention that the crime was actually complete on May 10th completed on tape, Nor did that statement point out. They had gotten permission from Aruba to conduct the operation, so presumably, they made arrangements to arrest Vandersloot if he committed a crime, and indeed he did commit a crime right in front of them, but most significantly to me, the FBI in that statement didn't answer.  What were their agents doing between May 10th and May 14th when Joran is already in Peru preparing to kill again. Nor do they say what they were doing until at least May 21st a week later. The best they can say is that it was a quote complex matter. Really complex matter.  Do you buy that? It is so simple. This crime was so simple. It was caught on tape. What more evidence was there to gather after May 10th when they shut the cameras off and consider this? When the government finally did indict Vandersloot in Alabama much later for extortion . There was nothing in the indictment suggest any evidence other than what was caught on tape on May 10th. So then, for 3 years until last June I worked with Natalee's mother to get Joran. Get Joran Vandersloot to Alabama to face those extortion charges. Beth and I were finally able to accomplish this with the help of a Peruvian lobbyist. We got the President of Peru to sign an agreement to send Vandersloot to Alabama, the FBI. They did not do this at all. Beth and I did. And after the President of Peru signed this the FBI was boxed in. They had no choice but to go get him in Peru. I didn't think back in 2010 or last year in 2023, or even now that the FBI wanted Vandersloot here in the United States because a trial on that extortion would necessarily expose their bungled sting operation back in 2010 when they let him get away. It would also no doubt require the FBI. To explain. What were they doing So long in Aruba, and Joran is long gone. But as it turned out, the FBI dodged a bullet, at least for a short time. There would be no trial in USA since Vandersloot pleaded guilty and he was in swiftly returned to Peru to complete his sentence for that brutal murder of Stephanie Flores. In my opinion, he got a sweetheart plea deal here in the United States to button this one up fast without a trial, but I'll save my thoughts about that for later in the meantime, We still have that unanswered question. We still don't know what the FBI was doing for all that time in a room but long after Joran left and killed again. If their extended stay was legitimate, even though botched and not just something like sitting on the beach on taxpayer dime. Just tell me I'm not asking for much. But they won't tell me. So, you all know me not want to give up. And since now the extortion case is closed, and thus the FBI and DOJ can't claim it's an ongoing investigation. In February this year, I filed a freedom of information request. I believe my requested information, including the expense reports of the agents in Aruba could shed light on what the FBI was doing after the crime was completed on May 10th to the 14th of May when you're on checked into the hotel in Peru, while supposedly under 24/7 surveillance until May 21st When the FBI was saying it had telephone problems, and curiously since the crime was still over. They were still collecting evidence. So how did the Department of Justice the FBI reply to my February FOIA request? Here's a picture of it.  First note, the Department of Justice writes that the subject of my request is Joran Vandersloot, actually, I was inquiring about the FBI not Joran Vandersloot. I want to know what the FBI was doing in Aruba. Long after you were on it slipped out to kill a second girl. It's not about Vandersloot. Second The reason the DOJ and FBI declined.  My FOIA request is because The disclosure of law enforcement records concerning an individual could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.  They must be joking. An unwarranted invasion of personal privacy of your Joran Vandersloot, the killer's privacy. They were worried about that. And what would it be? Or if, by some wild chance they're referring to the agents of those subjects on Joran Vandersloot could among other things, the FBI agents expense accounts or how they spent taxpayer money in Aruba for at least 11 days being invasion of their privacy. It's our taxpayer money. It's not their personal money. And besides, the money spent what were they doing in that full week after you're on slipped and was gone? How could that answer? Be privacy? And even if there was some names in the documents that I requested that they could that they didn't want me to see they could just black it out.  They know how to do that. They redact items all the time in these FOIA requests. But instead I just got a big no, I didn't even get redacted documents. So what do I think? Naturally I'm suspicious. I'm suspicious of a cover up. And if I am wrong, And if this is totally on the up and up, the FBI can simply tell me instead of a big no on a FOIA request. But now I'm not the only one suspicious. On Friday, the house Judiciary Committee chairman Jim Jordan, in the committee's oversight capacity, DOJ and the FBI sent a letter to the Birmingham, Alabama FBI office. It reads in part, Quote on May 30th 2010 Vandersloot murdered 21 year old Stephanie Flores in a hotel room in Peru.  He apparently checked into this hotel on May 14th while he allegedly was under FBI surveillance. We believe the Birmingham field office may possess documents that shed light on how the FBI missed the opportunity to apprehend Vandersloot in 2010 end quote. The house judiciary gave the FBI Birmingham a deadline of 5 P.m. on April 19th to answer. And let me repeat, if this is all on the up and up the FBI just needs to release the documents, transparency is important.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 08:54:00 AM by texasmom » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2073 on: April 09, 2024, 08:58:20 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvUx1Xktmo
Greta calls out FBI after rejected FOIA request: 'Suspicious of a cover-up'

Newsmax

At about 14:50 on video

On Friday, the house Judiciary Committee chairman Jim Jordan, in the committee's oversight capacity, DOJ and the FBI sent a letter to the Birmingham, Alabama FBI office. It reads in part, Quote on May 30th 2010 Vandersloot murdered 21 year old Stephanie Flores in a hotel room in Peru.  He apparently checked into this hotel on May 14th while he allegedly was under FBI surveillance. We believe the Birmingham field office may possess documents that shed light on how the FBI missed the opportunity to apprehend Vandersloot in 2010 end quote. The house judiciary gave the FBI Birmingham a deadline of 5 P.m. on April 19th to answer. And let me repeat, if this is all on the up and up the FBI just needs to release the documents, transparency is important.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 09:00:10 AM by texasmom » Logged

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2074 on: April 10, 2024, 12:26:14 PM »

https://nypost.com/2024/04/10/us-news/natalee-holloway-killer-joran-van-der-sloot-attacked-in-jail/amp/?utm_campaign=nypost&utm_medium=referral
Natalee Holloway's killer Joran van der Sloot jumped by 2 inmates in Peru prison beatdown
Report claims 'a lot of people want him dead'
Michael Ruiz By Michael Ruiz Fox News
Published April 10, 2024 2:17pm EDT

Natalee Holloway killer Joran van der Sloot was injured in a violent brawl inside a Peruvian prison where he is serving a 28-year sentence for murder.

The 36-year-old was attacked by two inmates while in a common area of notorious Challapalca Prison, where the country’s most dangerous inmates are held, last week.

When other inmates joined the fracas, guards stepped in and separated the men.

Although van der Sloot suffered only bruises and lacerations, he was checked out by medical personnel before being released back into general population.

A spokesperson for Peru’s National Penitentiary Institute (NPI) would not confirm specific details of the attack, but tells The Post high profile inmates like van der Sloot are seen as vulnerable in prison.

The spokesperson also confirmed he will not face disciplinary action as he didn’t instigate the fight.

Dutch national Van der Sloot is in prison for the murder of his ex-girlfriend, business student Stefany Flores Ramirez, 21, in 2010.

It’s unclear if the men attacked van der Sloot because of a jailhouse beef, or because his victim was the daughter of Ricardo Flores, a popular entertainment impresario and former president of the Peruvian Auto Club. “A lot of people want him dead,” admitted the NPI official.

Those who have found themselves in a lockup with van der Sloot say he bullies other inmates and often instigates arguments and fights.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2075 on: April 10, 2024, 07:05:27 PM »

Stephany's father wants Joran to serve his full sentence...

https://www.eonline.com/news/1395917/untangling-the-many-lies-joran-van-der-sloot-told-about-the-murders-of-natalee-holloway-stephany-flores
Untangling the Many Lies Joran van der Sloot Told About the Murders of Natalee Holloway & Stephany Flores
The Peacock documentary Pathological: The Lies of Joran van der Sloot delves into the pain Joran caused two families before he confessed to killing Natalee Holloway in 2023.
By NATALIE FINN FEB 27, 2024 6:00 AM

Ricardo didn't go into detail, but said in the documentary, per the translation, "We've taken measures to take care of" Joran in prison. As in, they wanted to ensure that Joran lived to serve his full sentence.

"We've made sure that nothing bad happens to him," Stephany's dad explained. "Because if he dies, it's over. His suffering is over, his punishment is over. What he has to repay is over."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2076 on: April 11, 2024, 04:20:04 PM »

Hmmm, more drama...
I'll just relax and wait for more. He's scheduled to be released in 2045. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/natalee-holloway-killer-joran-van-der-sloot-jumped-2-inmates-peru-prison-beatdown
Natalee Holloway's killer Joran van der Sloot jumped by 2 inmates in Peru prison beatdown
Van der Sloot's lawyer Maximo Altez slams claims
By Michael Ruiz Fox News
Published April 10, 2024 2:17pm EDT | Updated April 10, 2024 2:58pm EDT

The motive of the attack is unclear, according to the New York Post, which first reported the beating, but two inmates jumped him in a prison common area before guards stepped in. Medics reportedly treated him for cuts and bruises and sent him back to the general population.

Van der Sloot's lawyer, Lima's Maximo Altez, blasted the claims.

"He's fine," he told Fox News Digital. "It's 'fake news.'"

Altez has previously complained that prison officials have limited his communications with his client.

Authorities did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A national prison spokesperson earlier told the Post, "A lot of people want him dead."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2077 on: April 12, 2024, 01:10:26 PM »

INPE:  News of beating of Joran is false...

https://peru21.pe/peru/joran-van-der-sloot-presos-peruanos-golpean-al-feminicida-neerlandes-de-stephany-flores-en-penal-de-challapalca-tacna-noticia/

Google translation

INPE denies that feminicide Van der Sloot was beaten in Challapalca
The authorities denied rumors of a severe beating of Stephany Flores' murderer in the prison.

PERÚ21 EDITORIAL
redaccionp21@peru21.pe

Updated 04/12/2024, 09:42 a.m. m.

Through its social networks, the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) denied that the feminicide Joran Van der Sloot had been beaten by other prisoners in the Challapalca prison.

“The inmate is under a special closed regime and (currently) is in good health; Therefore, the information disseminated is false,” INPE published on X (formerly Twitter).

This information, now provided by the authority, joins that of the lawyer for the murderer of Stephany Flores, who told the international Fox News that his sponsorship “is completely fine.”

https://trome.com/actualidad/joran-van-der-sloot-asesino-de-stephany-flores-fue-agredido-por-otros-recursos-en-penal-de-challapalca-video-historias-de-policiales-noticia/?ref=tr

Google translation

Was Joran Van der Sloot hit in Challapalca's penalty? INPE speaks out and denies rumor
The New York Post had reported that prison guards saved Van Der Sloot from an alleged attack due to cuts and bruises. However, the INPE came out to deny this information.

Trome Editorial
Updated 04/12/2024, 09:53 a.m. m.
The National Penitentiary Institute spoke out after the information revealed by The New York Post about an alleged attack that the Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot received in the Challapalca maximum security prison, reserved for the most dangerous inmates in the country. The penitentiary institute detailed that it is in good condition.

INPE denies rumor of attack on Joran Van Der Sloot
“Inmate Joran van der Sloot confined in the EP. Challapalca under a special closed regime, he is in good health. Therefore, the information disseminated is false,” they published on their social networks, considering what was reported by The New York Post as false.

Joran Van Der Sloot's lawyer denies assault against his client
On the other hand, the feminicide's lawyer in Lima, Máximo Altez, downplayed the information and stated that it is "fake news", since his client is in good condition, as he told Fox News.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2078 on: April 17, 2024, 12:56:57 PM »

Another march. He's safe. No flag pole... 

Video at the link...

https://www.foxnews.com/world/joran-van-der-sloot-lawyer-releases-prison-soccer-video-show-hes-ok-alleged-inmate-beatdown
Joran van der Sloot lawyer releases prison soccer video to show he's OK after alleged inmate beatdown
Natalee Holloway's killer reportedly attacked by 2 men in Peru prison last week
By Michael Ruiz Fox News
Published April 17, 2024 4:00am EDT | Updated April 17, 2024 4:18am EDT

In this image taken from video, Joran van der Sloot towers over his soccer teammates in a Peru prison, holding his hand over his heart and wearing a blue tracksuit and newsboy cap. His lawyer, Maximo Altez, shared the video after denying reports that his client had been assaulted by two other inmates in the Peruvian prison. (Maximo Altez)

EXCLUSIVE: Joran van der Sloot's lawyer shared a video with Fox News Digital that showed his client in apparent good health after disputed reports that the man who killed American teen Natalee Holloway and Peruvian heiress Stephany Flores suffered a beatdown behind bars.

In the 41-second clip provided by his Lima-based attorney, Maximo Altez, van der Sloot and his teammates on "La Naranja Mecanica" – Spanish for "The Clockwork Orange" – follow several other prison teams into a gymnasium.

At 6 feet 5 inches tall, van der Sloot towers over everyone else in the room, holding his hand over his heart and grinning as he enters, wearing a blue tracksuit and a newsboy hat.

Peru's Interpol chief, Col. Luis Quiroz, told Fox News Digital that prison officials he spoke with had no information about an alleged assault on van der Sloot.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.