March 29, 2024, 07:39:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To quote Paul Harvey, "the rest of the story.."  (Read 6322 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 03, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »

Alleviate world hunger produce more clean carbon dioxide
 By Dirck T. Hartmann  Thursday, July 3, 2008

image(Editor’s Note: To many in the know, Dirck T. Hartmann, who worked on the Apollo Space Program and many other significant NASA projects, was a fighter pilot in WWII, flying P38s.  So when this gifted scientist/engineer/physicist and 87-year-old hero felt compelled to answer the questions of Man Made Global Warming, not only his son and grandchildren knew he had something to say with factual substance, truth and knowledge.  What he has to say is clear and concise and should be read by everyone.)

What is your carbon footprint? That is the wrong question to ask. A more meaningful question is--How much carbon dioxide does it take to grow the wheat required to produce a loaf of bread? Or--How much carbon dioxide does it take to grow the corn for the chicken feed required to produce a dozen eggs?

Far from being a pollutant, man along with every animal on land, fish in the sea, and bird in the air is totally dependent on atmospheric carbon dioxide for his food supply.

Some politicians complain that the United States with only 3% of the world population uses 25% of the energy. But the clean carbon dioxide which we produce is increasing food production everywhere on earth. China, on the other hand, is building new power plants at a record rate using the abundant domestic supply of coal they have and has now passed the United States as the leading producer of carbon dioxide. Although their coal has a high sulfur content, they are building the new plants without any pollution controls. The sulfur dioxide which these power plants are releasing to the atmosphere, besides smelling like rotten eggs is, in sunlight, readily converted to sulfur trioxide, the highly solublegas responsible for most acid rain.

Photosynthesis is the process by which plants, using energy from sunlight, convert carbon dioxide and water into high energy fuels. It is responsible for all the fuel that feeds forest fires, and for the rapid grow-back of fuel after a fire. But even with the hundreds of millions of tons of coal and the billions of barrels of oil and gasoline that are burned annually, the carbon dioxide content of the atmosphere remains about .04%.

It has been estimated that more than two hundred billion tons of atmospheric carbon are fixed yearly by photosynthesis, 10%to 20% by land plants, and the remaining 80%to 90% by plant plankton and algae in the ocean, which constantly resupply us with oxygen. Atmospheric carbon dioxide acts like a thermostat for plant growth, increases triggering vast blooms of ocean algae, and spurts in the rate of growth of land plants. As long as man burns coal and oil responsibly, that is with pollution controls that minimize the production of acid rain, the earth can never have too much carbon dioxide. The plants will not permit it.

Anyone who has lived in a desert area where the relative humidity is frequently below 5%, knows that dry air is a lousy green house gas. It can be 115 degrees F (46 degrees C) during the day yet cool off so rapidly that a sweater is needed two or three hours after sunset.  Despite the heat sink of the ground with rocks hot enough to fry an egg, the heat is radiated rapidly away through the dry air to the clear night sky. Since dry desert air has about the same .04% concentration of carbon dioxide as air everywhere else, it is not credible to conclude that carbon dioxide is causing global warming.

Water vapor is the most effective greenhouse gas by far. With high humidity, even without cloud cover, the night air cools at a rate so slow as to be nearly imperceptible, particularly if you are trying to sleep without air conditioning.

High humidity is the reason nights are so balmy in the tropics. At 100 degrees F and 100% relative humidity, water vapor accounts for only 2% of the atmosphere. It has a greater effect than all other greenhouse gases combined but, since it cannot be regulated, is rarely mentioned as a greenhouse gas.

If human activity is not the cause, why are the ice sheets on the earth poles receding? They are melting for the same reason that the polar caps on Mars are melting. For the 200 years or so that a record of sun spot activity has been kept, it has been observed that global temperatures on earth correlate closely with sun spot activity,very low activity corresponding to a mini ice age, and high activity to global warming.

Every second the sun converts 564 million tons of hydrogen into 560 million tons of helium, consuming its mass at the rate of 4 million tons per second. It has been doing this for 4.5 billion years and has about 4.5 billion years to go before all its hydrogen is used up. At that time it will have consumed less than 1% of its mass. This enormous solar furnace is responsible for climate change as well as all weather on earth.

The U.S. has a domestic supply of coal that is alone sufficient to meet our present power needs and projections for growth for at least 1,000 years, even without building any new nuclear power plants. Burning the coal responsibly and releasing the carbon locked up in it as clean carbon dioxide will benefit crop yields all over the earth. The great atmospheric patterns of air movements ensure a steady supply of carbon dioxide for crop growth, and a steady supply of oxygen for animals and people. To increase the rate at which photosynthesis removes carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, a respected scientist proposed to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, or IPCC, seeding the ocean to trigger algae blooms. This practical, inexpensive, highly effective means for sequestering carbon dioxide would benefit the food chain in the oceans and increase fish populations. But because it did not impose hardships, require trading carbon credits, punish the U.S. or any other nation, or require increased governmental control, the IPCC rejected it. The IPCC uses the hoax of man made global warming to increase its power and that of a corrupt, anti-American United Nations that has proven itself impotent in combating world wide acts of terrorism, genocide in Sudan, the real threat of nuclear proliferation in the mid-east from Iran and Syria, or human rights violations in China and Africa.

Our mainstream media uses every opportunity to hype the hoax of man made global warming by repeated reporting of data and events that appear to support it, and ignoring those that contradict it.  When the NFC championship game In 2007 between the Packers and the New York Giants was played at Green Bay in record low temperatures and blizzard conditions, there was no mention of global cooling; nor was there any in 2007 when below freezing temperatures threatened the vegetable crops in the south and the citrus crops in Florida. The drought in California is the result of colder than normal conditions in the equatorial Pacific Ocean, and the fact that ocean temperatures along the Pacific coast have been falling for the last three years is never mentioned. But after hurricane Katrina we were fed a host of dire predictions which warned of the increasing severity of storms, the melting of the polar ice caps, and the flooding of coastal areas from rising sea level, if we do not drastically reduce the release of greenhouse gasses to combat global warming. Which greenhouse gasses is not specified. We already have pollution controls in the smokestacks of most power plants, steel mills, and factories that minimize the release of sulfur dioxide.

The only completely uncontrolled exhaust gas is carbon dioxide, and photosynthesis automatically controls its atmospheric concentration for us.

Three billion years ago when the earth’s atmosphere was an unbreathable brew of noxious gases with almost no oxygen, a small green algae evolved in the ocean which, using the energy from sunlight over a few million years, completely altered the earth’s atmosphere. This oceanic green algae, the first plant to use photosynthesis to convert carbon dioxide and water into high energy fuel, was of course followed by the evolution of an almost limitless number and variety of carbon dioxide consuming plants.

Fortunately for mankind and all animals, fish,and birds, all of whom are totally dependent on plants, the oceanic green algae continues to perform its magic in the oceans of the earth today. Every three centuries all the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and dissolved in the waters of the earth goes through the cycle photosynthesis, decay, photosynthesis, with the cycle constantly renewing the earth’s supply of oxygen.

People on the left claim global warming is real, a threat to the continued existence of mankind, and the debate as to its cause is over! Although none of this is true, it nevertheless is what four of my grandchildren were taught in high school. Most politicians on the left have little respect for truth and no regard for clarity, and apparently many high school teachers reflect their views. My oldest granddaughter just graduated from MITwhere she was spared the political rhetoric of the left on global warming. However Caltech’s Argyros Professor and professor of chemistry, in an article titled “Powering the Planet"states “The carbon dioxide we produce over the next 40 years, and its associated effects will last for a timescale comparable to modern human history. This is why, within the next 20 years we either solve this problem or the world will never be the same.” This is nonsense. It ignores the more than 200 billion tons of carbon that is sequestered yearly through photosynthesis from carbon dioxide In the atmosphere. Since this has been known for 40 years, I can only assume he is politically motivated to make such a statement.  Hopefully man made global warming will come to be recognized for the hoax It truly is.

Dirck T.Hartmann is a retired Aerospace Engineer living in Huntington Beach. slar activity, water vapor,

Canada Free Press 7/3/08
Dirck T. Hartmann most recent columns

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 01:32:00 AM »

Cut and paste.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 01:43:28 AM »

Cut and paste.

Can you not read?  Is cut and paste hard for you to read?  Or do you prefer the flow of propaganda from the Obama harem?

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 01:57:36 AM »

Tyler,

When I say "cut and paste" I mean the words are not yours. You found an article and cut it and pasted it on the board.

Obama? Excuse me? You are off topic. This is the Paul Harvey thread which you started.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 10:07:49 AM »

Tyler,

When I say "cut and paste" I mean the words are not yours. You found an article and cut it and pasted it on the board.

Obama? Excuse me? You are off topic. This is the Paul Harvey thread which you started.

I enjoyed the article.  I used to listen to Paul Harvey every day.  Sometimes things are not always what they appear.

What is the rest of the story on global warming?  I'm probably not going to be here is 200 years to find out.

I do have the ability to tread as lightly on the planet as possible.  Sometimes, it is difficult to know how that can be accomplished...I may never know the "rest of the story".

"Live simply so that all may live."

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 01:38:13 AM »

Tyler,

Louise, we have discussed this more than once.  On political blogs, and I am not the forum manager here, but successful political blogs are comprised of articles brought from official publications, posted by and for the forum members which gives them an an opportunity to comment, negative or positive, or not at all so that there is an exchange of information.

Perhaps that is too complex for those who have never posted anywhere save blogs that favor a particular candidate or a concept to understand, but that is the way they work if  the blog is going to attract more than 2 people who enjoy the chance to discuss in a forum, even though we may disagree the articles that we bring here.  Not everyone is able to read so many newspapers.  I volunteer to read several articles in major on-line newspapers and magazines internationally. 

Only on a forum paid for by a political candidate or party, promoting a candidate, is one allowed to post opinion as truth, (unless that person can buy their own blog and friends) and post after post after post after post favoring one candidate e.g.,Caseu going to Obama promoting sites and bringing things back.  No forum which is promoting thought politic and democracy would permit that. Just like the ones which Auntie Em gets at the Democrat sites, which seem to be her favorite, no political forum that I have ever read would allow the constant stream of articles from a political campaign site.

If a forum is to be successful for the most people and opinions, it must be so that everyone has input based on reality and not some messianic dream. Articles brought by several posters/many posters, about various subjects and from different sources will generate the most interest. 

I know for those who are a part of the Obama halo polishing brigade, it is hard to understand, but that if all you want to discuss is his lordship, Obama, then you can go to his forum and post about him all day, send money so that you can get in on the drawing and perhaps get a chance to see him, but if you want honest give and take, you will not get it there. 

It should be fine for everyone to express his/her opinion but based on black and white from a credible journalistic source without being given a tongue-lashing each night at which time one of us chooses to grace the forum, crown in plain view.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 04:13:59 AM »

To many in the know, Dirck T. Hartmann, who worked on the Apollo Space Program and many other significant NASA projects

apart from this article copy-pasted all over the internet only thing coming up over this guy is some patents to do with bicycles.

http://www.patentstorm.us/inventors/Dirck_T__Hartmann/2106814.html

as for the content of this article:
it is no more than a repeat of all the bull arguments published by the sceptics' in the last few years.
i could go over the entire article if i am asked too.
but it is full with pointless deceptive nonsensical arguments often contradictory.

and thousands of scientist disagree with this bicycle enthusiast.

uncluding NASA where he is said to have worked:
http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/global_warming_worldbook.html

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 05:50:14 PM »

The writer below, Dirck T. Hartmann, worked on the Apollo Space Program and many other significant NASA projects. He is a scientist/engineer/physicist now aged 87 but still clear and lucid

http://antigreen.blogspot.com/

Dirck may have been retired for a few years.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 05:55:57 PM »

Dirck Hartmann of Huntington Beach, CA.
Prolific Inventor, holding the patent on chainless internally geared hubs driven by a live spindle. Mr. Hartmann is a graduate of the California Institute of Technology in aerospace and mechanical engineering and worked for many years with McDonald Douglas. Now 85 and still active in every sense, he has given the only 2 live spindle hubs ever built to SSI. He is willing to assist in the development of multi-speed hubs.

http://streetstriding.com/theteam.html

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 03:24:18 PM »

OMG!  If that is the only defense of your candidate you can come up with then it only proves one thing!  I have STILL yet to see a real defense on Obama and his ideas of what "change" really is!   Tyler is is absolutely correct.  How else is anybody able to bring info. here, but to "cut and paste" or share links. 
When I see an article I agree with or shares good points, I READ them.  Is there anything wrong with sharing them!!!???
At least Tyler is able to show various ideas from varying people.   

So WHEN exactly am I going to see some REAL meat on Obama.  Several of us have asked repeatedly, and STILL nothing but "he's going to bring change"   CHANGE with what??? He's already changed his mind in the past month on so many issues.  Are you waiting for him to give his final choices after the General Elections really begins and people are finally paying attention?

Sadly,  as much as I disagree with CAESU on this topic, she at least "shares" something, right or wrong, rather than repeating the same sentence over and over again, (He's bringing change) like a robot.  Lordy, that one sentence or argument if that's what you call it makes him seem that much more like the Anti-Christ for his brainwashing remarks coming from his supporters.   Wake up!  AT LEAST give some kinds of real debate!

THANK YOU TYLER for SHARING ONCE AGAIN, something with real thoughts and ideas!  If others can't argue anything more than cut and paste, rather than a real debate, then they don't even have there own ideas to share.

I am by far not the best writer here, but I can read, think and debate for myself!

Rant over.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 09:11:42 AM »

Radio Icon Paul Harvey Dead

Chicago (AP) - ABC Radio Networks says broadcasting pioneer Paul Harvey has died at the age of 90.

Network spokesman Louis Adams says Harvey died Saturday at his winter home in Phoenix, surrounded by family. No cause of death was immediately available.

Harvey was a news commentator and talk-radio pioneer whose staccato style made him one of the nation's most familiar voices.

He was forced off the air in 2001 because a virus weakened a vocal cord. But he returned to work in Chicago and was still active as he passed his 90th birthday.

Known for his resonant voice and trademark delivery of "The Rest of the Story," Harvey had been heard nationally since 1951, when he began his "News and Comment" for ABC Radio Networks.
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Radio-Icon-Paul-Harvey-Dead/BIPwNnbqg0qGY3qC0hVHDQ.cspx

And that's......the rest of the story RIP Paul, RIP.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 09:43:01 AM »

I will miss Paul Harvey.  I used to listen to him every day and he was always uplifting.  He encouraged millions to always prepare for the unexpected good news in America and elsewhere. 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.