April 23, 2024, 11:21:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Baby launch' clip lands teen behind bars (Shocking Video)  (Read 4101 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 03, 2008, 01:14:03 PM »

I watched this video of this kid and what he did to this baby and it just makes me sick.  They are now pressing charges against him.  He is sick in the head.  And apparently he did it because he wanted to post the video on Youtube.

LEESBURG, Ga. —  A Georgia teen is facing child cruelty charges after an online video showed a young man launching a baby several feet across a room using an inflatable pillow.

The video posted on YouTube shows the boy putting a baby on one side of a large yellow pillow and then jumping on the pillow, sending the child flying several feet across the floor, where the baby lands and cries.

"He really had no explanation — just thought it would be funny to put it on YouTube," Col. Duane Sepp of the Lee County Sheriff's Office told FOX News. "It's all about, I guess, that five seconds of glory or whatever, and it's terrible it has to happen at the cost of an 8-month-old child."

The 16-year-old Lee County boy was arrested Tuesday after a school teacher saw the video and called the sheriff's office. The boy's name was not released because of his age.

"This is going to be handled in juvenile court, although this has some detention time that can be placed on the juvenile offender," Sepp said. "The judge, I'm sure, is going to take this very seriously, and when the tape is shown I don't think it's going to be as funny as what he [the offender] originally thought it was."

The teen has been charged with a felony count of cruelty to children as well as a misdemeanor count of the same charge.

Sepp told FOX News that the teen who filmed the baby launch with his cell phone is not facing charges at this time.

"The investigation is ongoing," Sepp said. "This isn't over. We're still digging into it."

The video has since been removed from YouTube. The baby is OK, Sepp said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=1987192&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:08:16 PM by San » Logged
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 02:07:07 PM »

OMG, that's unthinkable....no regard for the baby...a human life.  Sickening, is right, San.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.