March 28, 2024, 12:47:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby found crawling in middle of busy Knox Co. street TN  (Read 2741 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 27, 2008, 06:52:17 PM »

Baby found crawling in middle of busy Knox Co. street   

Posted: July 25, 2008 04:18 PM EDT
Video at site
http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=8737372

MASCOT (WATE) -- According to the Knox County Sheriff's Office, a 10-month-old boy was found crawling in the middle of Mascot Road Friday morning.

The only other person nearby was his two-year-old brother.

A driver coming down the road stopped and picked up the baby. Police were notified shortly before 9:00 a.m.

Investigators say the two children walked and crawled from a home just off the street where the doors were unlocked.

The mother and grandmother say when they left the home, all four children inside were sleeping.

"They thought the aunt was taking care of the babies. The aunt was still asleep. Again, all of this is still under investigation, but the aunt was still asleep when everybody came to the door with the 10-month-old and the two-year-old," says Martha Dooley, spokeswoman for the Knox County Sheriff's Office.

The children were unharmed, but neighbors tell investigators they've seen children from the home playing in the yard with no supervision numerous times before.

No charges have been filed, but all four children have been removed from the home. They'll be evaluated by the Department of Children's Services.

6 News has also learned the father of one of the children involved, Jamie Hardwick, was charged with child neglect for a similar incident in Sevier County.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »

10-month-old baby found naked in street
4 children taken into state custody after incident

Saturday, July 26, 2008

State authorities have taken four young children into custody after a 10-month-old baby was found naked in the middle of Mascot Road in East Knox County on Friday morning, authorities said.

None of the children was physically harmed, but the state Department of Children's Services has taken the children from their family pending an assessment of the home, according to Knox County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Martha Dooley.

The investigation began at 8:52 a.m., when a motorist found the naked baby boy in the road and stopped, Dooley said.

She said the motorist also saw a diaper in the yard in front of 9409 Mascot Road and carried the child to the front door, where she was met by the child's aunt.

"The woman answers and says, 'Yes, it's my sister's baby,' " Dooley said.

It turned out that the baby's 2-year-old brother had already gotten out of the house, crossed the street, and entered another house that is occupied by the aunt's boyfriend, Dooley said.

The boyfriend cared for the child and returned him to the aunt's house about the same time that the baby was found, she said.

Deputies and detectives learned that the children's mother was in the process of moving into the house from her apartment in Sevierville, Dooley said.

She had left the children in the care of their aunt while she went to Sevierville to get a load of her belongings, and everyone in the house was asleep when she left, Dooley said.

DCS workers removed the two children who had wandered away from the home as well as the aunt's two children, described as a 3-year-old girl and a 2-year-old boy, Dooley said.

No criminal charges were expected to be filed, she said.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jul/26/10-month-old-baby-found-naked-in-street/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.