March 28, 2024, 01:18:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thread for people who love America!!!!! Please!!  (Read 2404 times)
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: July 05, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »

I don't mean solely for Republicans, but I believe that I have never been rude or name called.  One non- American and one male have made insulting remarks, or put monkey "laughing at me after posts"    how rude. 

Louise has not been rude to me, I really don't have the time or frame of mind right now to be here often, even tho I did believe that this summer,as in others past, I would be able to become active on forums of my interest.  Not the case this year.  But the treatment of Nonesuch and Tylergirl has truly been vitriolic......they don't deserve such treatment or to be "run off" the Forum, there certainly are others, so rude and anti-American who should be. Why can't they stay in a "room" by themselves and "Obama Worship, til the cows come home" and let us have a "fair and balanced thread"!!!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:43:28 PM »

I am with you on that one.  We have never had a political thread that wasn't heated in some way.  It's impossible to debate the issues with out some emotions getting in the way.  When Obama's pastor made his remarks and it became public everyone was shocked and outraged except for me.  I hear that stuff all the time living in the south.  I don't mean that to sound prejudice or racial either.  I hear it that way from both sides and it goes on in churches all across our nation.  Why do you think the evangelicals are such a powerful voting block?

My father was a  WWII veteran and I live near a brave Vietnam Veteran that has had his share of illness and troubles due to what happened to him over there.  I can remember when he was wounded and his mother crying and my mother trying to console her over it. To this day he still flies his flag proudly and he still loves America. I am a staunch defender of our freedoms to speak our minds and earn a living.  Over the years this freedom has been eroded by outside influences that want everyone to just get along with each other.  We have to learn another language because English isn't good enough now.  My own child struggles to pay for her education because we are at the threshold of income that doesn't allow her certain loans and grants.  She is told she's the wrong color or her grades are too good for her to qualify.  Now isn't that a something!  The less you do and the more you take the more you will be given and never have the need to account for it.

The America of my parents is fading into oblivion and I hate what it is becoming.  I want the America that said if you work an honest days work you get paid an honest days pay.  Not if you have another child we will give you another check each month.  I believe we should take care of those that are helpless and need our services but not those that can work and refuse to do so for fear it will eat into their welfare check and they can't buy booze and cigarettes to get them by. Sorry, if I am offending some souls here, but as I said political forums are by far some of the toughest to hang with. 

I am tired of being taxed and taxed for any and all things. Most of which have nothing to do with me or my family.  I am sick of those that say we must give up our way of life when other countries continue to act in irrational and wasteful ways with no penalty.  Yes, we are too dependent on foreign oil, but who stands in the way of us supplying our own natural resources?  It us!  We are our own worst enemy and the time has come to open our eyes and see that we must be self sufficient and stop relying on others for help.  We have the oil we need to keep us supplied until we can develop better sources of energy, but we have delayed and waited to do anything until now it's too late and we are paying the price.  Will $12.00 a gallon gas stop us?  What about those that have to drive for a living or commute each day to work?  What?  We just quit a great paying job because we can't afford it?  That's a great idea!  Then we can all be on welfare and get checks each month.  Not every person can just change jobs, some have retirement investments and long term goals that can't just be tossed aside.

This election coming up is not just about the economy...it's about the American way of life that some of us baby boomers have known for years.  It is going to change in ways no one thought possible.  The person you choose for President of the United States will have the opportunity to influence the courts, the nation and the world for years and years to come.  We need to wake up and think things through and decide if we trust these people with the lives of our children and grandchildren. My parents grew up as Democrats and I watched those same values and ideas they held so dearly being trampled on by that party. Each of us needs to see past the candidate and realize that they are a product of their party and will inevitably have to pay back all their favors.  So I guess the real question is which party's platform are you willing to support?  It's not just about the candidate any longer it's about the issues we all face as human beings.  How great will America be in 10 or 20 years?  Will anyone recognize it by then as the "land of the free and home of the brave"?
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:39:10 PM »

I LOVE AMERICA!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »

oops, I hit enter before finishing....

Anyhow,  I won't say a whole lot more, but will say, if AMERICA would just follow the real intentions of the constitution as our Founding Fathers had written it, we would continue to be fully blessed.   And I mean following the constitution as they had meant it to be, not the far lefts who are taking it to use it for there own benefit, by taking the words and making it fit into there own little dreamworlds.   America is the most wonderful country in the world, but it's blessings are slowly being taken away, thanks to those who seek to destroy it for there own benefit by abusing her freedoms.   Such as many of our own politians are doing!   Just look at the state we live in now....   But thank God we do have our freedom of speech without retribution, as some here experience.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 10:53:19 PM »

AuntieM and Lala's and Dihannah- You are all good americans who care enough about our country to think critically about our future and the problems facing us. That's all tyler was trying to do, to have discourse with intelligent and committed citizens. Caesu and Louise were allowed to taunt her endlessly then cry and whine like children when she called them on it.

I don't think America has any time to waste now, next to no if any margin for error either. Some are blaming Greenspan now for all of our economic woes when I really don't think any one person can be blamed. How much of this is the economic natural cycle and how much has been generated by not just Greenspan trying to temper and trigger our economy at times but the commodities traders who artificially manipulate our markets at whim, but futhermore how much is this expanded 'new' global economy and it's forces coming to bear?

Or .......how much is the Saudi's who produce a barrel of oil at a cost of $2.00 per barrel, doing all that they can to economically hobble us? Honestly I think it's the latter having the most impact. Our airline industry will lose around 10Billion before this is over in the next year to two years, the carriers that survive will be the ones with the most cash to ride it out, then hope others tank and leave so few airlines we'll have to pay whatever the price of the tickets?

It's all of the above and that's not even touching upon war, or healthcare, or energy, or social program reforms............I just know had I known our world would come to some of this so soon, I might have chosen not to bring children into this world.

So yes, I think that every vote matters, that if ever there was a time to revisit our constitution and not allow this worthy democracy to be blended into meaningless fodder.....that it's NOW. Speak now or vote responsibly now, or strap in for the roughest ride you can imagine.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 11:54:22 AM »

Did any of you watch Meet The Press this morning? Very interesting, there sits John Kerry who nearly chose McCain as his running mate during his own quest for the presidency, was called out for questioning McCain's integrity? Kerry states McCain has changed many of his positions, well doggone it I'm not a huge McCain fan but that simply is not true.

ANYTHING, say ANYTHING to get the Democrat elected, right? This election is about POWER, the Dems want power again at any cost -

Actually it appears Obmama finally met with an official from Iraq who explained to him that Iraq isn't ready to stand up their own army and police to keep the peace adequately. So now Obama has to lie to his own supporters who he PROMISED he would remove our troops within 16 months again and again and again during his campaign, to now just avoiding the questions of those who deserve to know why he's changed his position.

Proof positive Obama has no vision and no spine, for if he did he would revise his stand if he needs to then clearly state it, or stick with what he stated all along then DO IT.

To reformat a policy with increased information is not a sin, to waffle and refuse to do so openly during a general election period, IS A SIN.

Obama would never get my vote now, not ever, I don't want four years of "I don't have to answer that".

I continue to stand with the girl.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 07:55:03 PM »

Did any of you watch Meet The Press this morning? Very interesting, there sits John Kerry who nearly chose McCain as his running mate during his own quest for the presidency, was called out for questioning McCain's integrity? Kerry states McCain has changed many of his positions, well doggone it I'm not a huge McCain fan but that simply is not true.

ANYTHING, say ANYTHING to get the Democrat elected, right? This election is about POWER, the Dems want power again at any cost -

Actually it appears Obmama finally met with an official from Iraq who explained to him that Iraq isn't ready to stand up their own army and police to keep the peace adequately. So now Obama has to lie to his own supporters who he PROMISED he would remove our troops within 16 months again and again and again during his campaign, to now just avoiding the questions of those who deserve to know why he's changed his position.

Proof positive Obama has no vision and no spine, for if he did he would revise his stand if he needs to then clearly state it, or stick with what he stated all along then DO IT.

To reformat a policy with increased information is not a sin, to waffle and refuse to do so openly during a general election period, IS A SIN.

Obama would never get my vote now, not ever, I don't want four years of "I don't have to answer that".

I missed Meet the Press, but was watching Fox news this morning as they were discussing Obama's move to the center, and on several issues at once, very quickly.  He did what he had to do to win the Dem nomination, then started changing his views.  He knows, no matter how much he upsets the far left, they would never vote for McCain, so he's playing to the moderates now.  I hate the word flip-flopping and I know candidates can change there mind as times change.  I can even accept that from any candidate to a certain extent, it's bound to happen, but he is doing it so drastically, very quickly and during the July 4th holiday, so that it might not get as much coverage.  Just way too obvious, he will fight for the Presidency at no cost, to the detriment of our Nation.. 

I hate to say it, but I fear he is going to win.  Most people are going to begin listening closely now that we are going into the nitty gritty of the general election, where as they didn't before like we have.   I believe he will truly win for his charisma and 'promise' of change, which is what he will convince more people of.   A majority of people just don't research much and haven't payed attention in the last year.   I asked a coworker today of African American descent, well educated and spoken.  I brought up Jeremiah Wright and she had no idea who I was talking about!   She said the reason she is voting for Obama is she wants ANYTHING that does not appear to be close to anything Bush and believes McCain is too close to Bush.  She's voting for his "change"......  And no it had nothing to do with race, it was "change".

So tighten up fellow Monkeys, we are in for a long, hard ride.... 

My feelings of Kerry, are I can't stand him.  If I had no other choice, I'd vote Obama over Kerry!  And that is drastic for me!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.