April 16, 2024, 06:55:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jan Van der Straten  (Read 20038 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »

CNN LIVE TODAY

Missing Teen; Human Trafficking

Aired June 3, 2005 - 11:32   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

DARYN KAGAN, CNN ANCHOR: Updating you now on a story out of Aruba, police there say the disappearance of an Alabama teenager is looking more like a crime. The FBI has joined the search for 18-year- old Natalee Holloway of Mountain Brook. She disappeared on the last night of an island trip to celebrate her high school graduation. Friends say Holloway was last seen Monday just before dawn getting into a vehicle outside the nightclub.
And we have with us right now on the phone Jan Straten, the police commissioner of Aruba.

Mr. Commissioner, thank you.

JAN STRATEN, ARUBA POLICE COMMISSIONER: Good morning.

KAGAN: What can you tell us about the latest on the search for this American teenager, Natalee Holloway?

STRATEN: Yes, you know, the last day we searched on all places on Aruba. Yesterday, we had a big search with the Dutch marine, and with helicopters, the coast guards. Still we haven't found the girl.

We are busy with the investigation team, and you will understand that I can't tell you a lot of the results of the investigation. That's the update still now.

KAGAN: The last we heard or the last big clue is that she was seen leaving this nightclub getting in a car with three men. You've been able to talk to those -- the people who you believe were those three men?

STRATEN: Yes. We find them and we talked with them, the witnesses, three young boys, they went to school too. And we talked with them and we -- obviously with the investigation around them too.

KAGAN: And they say, as I understand -- and tell me if I have this correctly -- they say that they were with Natalee, but they dropped her back off at her hotel.

STRATEN: Yes, that's true. They dropped the girl by the hotel about two o'clock in the morning on Monday morning.

KAGAN: I know her parents have arrived there in Aruba and they're trying to help and encourage the search.

How hopeful are you to them? How encouraging are you to them that they're going to find their daughter alive at this point? STRATEN: You know, in the first days you are very hopeful, but the longer it takes, the longer you are afraid for a crime. I hope that you understand that. And that's the reason why the investigating team started thinking at the beginning of not only to find her, but thinking maybe she is a victim of a crime.

So the longer it takes we have her, we found her, the longer -- more we are thinking in the direction of a crime.

KAGAN: And is it more than just time that's making you go toward thinking that it's a crime, or are there other clues and information that you're not able to share with us at this point?

STRATEN: Yes, that's the point. I would like to say it, but I'm not able to say it at this moment.

KAGAN: I understand. The last thing we want to do is compromise the investigation and the search for Natalee Holloway.

Mr. Commissioner, thank you for your time, and we wish you well in your search.

STRATEN: OK. Thank you very much.

KAGAN: That's Jan Straten, he's the police commissioner for Aruba searching for 18-year-old Natalee Holloway on a high school graduation trip out of Alabama. She disappeared and has not been seen since Monday. We'll continue to bring you the latest on that story as well.

Meanwhile, we move on to human trafficking and the international sex trade -- will be highlighted in a report that's being released next hour by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/03/lt.02.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 06:44:07 PM »

posted at RU today:

enfant terrible Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:21 am   
ONE SINGLE REFERENCE ON THE ENTIRE INTERNET wrote:
Page 156, June 13 informal talk with Jan van der Straaten.
Jan van der Straaten, head commissar of the police, talked to me after
lunch around 1 pm, informally at the police station in Oranjestad. He
said: Joran, I have known your father for years. I only want to help
you. I am going to see to it that you can go to Holland. That you will not
have to go to jail, but that you will be committed in a mental
institution. You only will have to tell the truth.
In the PV from Jan van der Straaten of June 13 he writes about this:
On my question to Joran if he can tell what happened after the girl had
fallen asleep at the Fisherman's huts, he answers: I called Deepak and
he came with two dogs. I think he raped the girl and done something to
her.
On my question where the girl then is buried, he answers: I think she
is buried next to the Fisherman's Huts, other then that I would not
know.
I propose to Joran to answer the following question with just yes or
no. I ask Joran if the girl was thrown into the sea?
He answers: No, I mean, I don't know.
During the conversation Joran shows his emotions, they differed.
Sometimes he cries, sometimes he is very direct in his answers. Joran also
indicated he felt very sorry for his family, and that he is having the
best contact with his father.
I ask him why he then has lied to his father about the Holiday Inn.
Joran answers on that that he has disappointed his father by doing so

http://www.google.com/search?q=+%22He+said:+Joran,+I+have+known+your+father+for+years%22

Quote:
P 157

Van der Stratten 6/13/05:

I propose Joran to answer the following question with just yes or no. I ask Joran if the girl was thrown into the sea? He answers: “No, I mean, I don't know.” During the conversation Joran shows varying emotions. Sometimes he cries, sometimes he is very direct in his answers. Joran also indicated he felt very sorry for his family, and that he is having the best contact with his father. I ask him why he then has lied to his father about the Holiday Inn. Joran responds that he has disappointed his father by doing so.

Quote:

Van der Straten Statement 6/13/05

I, Jan van der STRATEN, police chief with the Aruban Police Corps, state the following.

On Monday June 13th 2005, at approximately 13.00 hours I spoke informally with the suspect Joran Andreas Petrus v/d SLOOT at the police station in Oranjestad.

On my question to Joran whether he can tell me what happened after the girl had fallen asleep on the beach near Fisherman's Hut, he answered:

“I called DEEPAK and he came with two dogs. I think he raped the girl and did something to her.”

To my question where the girl was buried, he answered: “I think that she was buried next to the wall of the Fisherman's Hut, the rest I would not know.”

During the conversation Joran showed differing emotions. Sometimes he cried, sometimes he was direct in his answers.

Joran also indicated that he was very sorry for his family and that he had the best contact with his father.

When I asked him why did he lie to his father about the Holiday Inn, Joran answered that he had disappointed his father with that.

Of this I reported on my oath as officer on June 17th 2005.

J. van der STRATEN

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »

This is a photo of a secret meeting at aruba, a Dutch "Den Hague delegation"and they talked about Jan's "work" during the Holloway case .
i think the result was :Jan go to Bonaire.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3445.280

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
marieke
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 03:29:47 PM »

i would like to ask people to stop speculating my uncle's involvement. I find it awful to read how people disregard him. If you have any questions regarding him, please PM me, private.

Thank you.

Marieke
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »

i would like to ask people to stop speculating my uncle's involvement. I find it awful to read how people disregard him. If you have any questions regarding him, please PM me, private.

Thank you.

Marieke

Hey, I have tons of questions are you open to answering some of them for us?  Email if you are...I will put my email in my sig line. Thank you.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 07:14:22 PM »

ARUBA'S ROGUE GALLERY:

THE CORRUPT ARUBA GOVERNMENT AND DUTCH JUDICIARY- A HISTORY OF DECEPTION IN THE CASE OF MISSING TEEN NATALEE HOLLOWAY

excerpted:

2- Jan van der Straten- lead investigator for the Aruba Police Department and close friend of Paulus van der Sloot

Jan van der Straten's role as lead investigator in the first two months of the Natalee Holloway case demonstrates the obvious conflicts of interest found in the Aruba investigation. Van der Straten was, by Paulus van der Sloot's own public admission, a "close friend" of Van der Sloot.

Van der Straten would have been very instrumental in the decision not to arrest the three main suspects in Natalee's disappearance until 10 days after she vanished, even though he knew almost immediately that they lied about dropping the Alabama teen off at the Holiday Inn.

Van der Straten would have also been involved in the decision to arrest two black security guards on June 5, 2005 which in effect prolonged the time given to the three suspects to cover their tracks and eliminate any evidence that should have been collected immediately upon the discovery of the Holiday Inn lie.

Van der Straten stated to Dutch media on June 12, 2005 that he believed Natalee was no longer alive and when asked by the reporter why he would make such a comment he responded, "Because I know the evidence and you don't." Interestingly, two years later the lead investigator has never explained what that evidence is.

He also made comment months after he retired and moved to the neighboring island of Bonaire that the case should have been solved early on but that there were "people who didn't want to cooperate." Since suspects rarely cooperate, Van der Straten had to have been talking about a corrupt Aruban government and Dutch judiciary.

Any high-ranking official with such a close relationship to a suspect's parent should have recused himself or alternately been forced off the case, but this is Aruba, a country in the grip of Mafia control who never saw a conflict of interest they didn't like.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=599.20

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 07:48:04 PM »

JORAN AND PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT WERE GIVEN PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT THROUGHOUT THE NATALEE HOLLOWAY INVESTIGATION

excerpted:

Does the Dutch aristocracy in Aruba protect their own from criminal prosecution as a matter of routine? Or is the Natalee Holloway case an exception? It is apparent Joran Van Der Sloot and his father received preferential treatment from the very beginning of the investigation and are still being afforded special status to this day.

It is a well-known fact that the Lead Investigator assigned to the case, Jan Van der Straten, is a close friend of Joran’s father, Paulus Van Der Sloot. Minister of Justice Rudy Croes reported many suspicious telephone calls between Jan Van der Straten and Paulus Van Der Sloot in the very early stages of the investigation.

Jan Van der Straten knew by the first day of Natalee’s reported disappearance that the three main suspects last seen with the teen, Joran Van Der Sloot and Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, had lied to police about dropping Natalee off at the Holiday Inn. A review of the hotel security tapes by Natalee’s mother revealed that fact. Yet Prosecutor Karin Janssen failed to arrest the three suspects and search their homes, moves she was afforded under Dutch law, as the world witnessed with the arrest of the two innocent, framed security guards. No such arrests were made for 10 more days, and then only the Kalpoe residence was searched – while the van der Sloot apartment wasn’t ordered to be searched for another six days.

Dutch law also states that lying as a witness is a punishable crime, and yet no such charges have ever been brought against these criminals.

Let us not forget that Paulus Van Der Sloot was a judge-in-training at the time his son was the last person seen with Natalee Holloway. It has recently come to light that a Dutch Judge, Jacob Robert Wit, and a high-ranking justice official, Ben (Voc)King were at the Van Der Sloot home the day Aruban authorities arrived to search the Van Der Sloot property. Although the original search warrant was granted for a full search of all the buildings and grounds, Judge Wit changed the order on the spot to limit the search to only Joran’s small apartment.

Those are just some examples of Joran Van der Sloot being given preferential treatment by the high-ranking officials of Aruba’s Justice Department and Police department. The interrogation of the suspects was, at best, a softball approach with no follow-up for answers to what is a very puzzling series of lies and contradictions. In some of the interrogations the interviewers were forced to have cameras present which may have been a tactic to limit their effectiveness. Such videotaping of interrogations is not common practice in Aruba, but Joran van der Sloot was afforded this privilege. Who ordered this done?

Listed below are many instances of preferential treatment given to prime suspect Joran Van Der Sloot during the investigation of the Natalee Holloway case:

1- JORAN VAN DER SLOOT LIES TO POLICE BUT IS NOT ARRESTED

Joran Van der Sloot was not arrested for 10 days despite the fact police and justice department officials knew he and the Kalpoe brothers lied about dropping her off at the Holiday Inn.

Prosecutor Karin Janssen and Lead Investigator Jan Van Der Straten knew within 24 hours that the three suspects had lied to them about dropping Natalee off at the Holiday Inn but chose not to treat them as suspects. Jan Van der Straten, according to Paulus Van Der Sloot, is a "close friend", a blatant conflict of interest by any stretch of the imagination.

4- PAULUS VAN DER SLOOT WAS ALLOWED TO CHANGE HIS SON'S STATEMENT TO POLICE

Paulus Van Der Sloot was allowed to be present when the Aruban police took Joran's first witness statement and was allowed to edit Joran's statement before it was entered into the public record. That statement is still missing.

Furthermore it was his close friend and Lead Investigator Jan van der Straten who was present for the statement and allowed Paulus Van Der Sloot to edit his son's statement.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=599.0

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.