March 29, 2024, 06:28:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Car - Project Better Place  (Read 1786 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 08, 2008, 09:21:18 PM »

Last night, environmental lawyer Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. used some air time on Larry King Live to give a shout-out to Project Better Place, an Israeli startup that hopes to make Israel the first country to wean itself off gasoline-powered cars.

Kennedy, who was debating Chevron Oil CEO David O’Reilly, might have overstated Better Place’s plan when he said that, “Within three years, they will be off of gasoline automobiles.” But the organization is working with Renault-Nissan to make Israel, by 2011, the first country to mass-market a fully capable electric car.

JTA’s Dina Kraft wrote about Project Better Place in May.

According to the president of Renault-Nissan, Carlos Ghosn, the car company has created an electric car that can compete with the gas-powered car in both performance and cost. His electric car can accelerate from 0-60 in less than 10 seconds, has a range of 100 miles in normal driving conditions and a range of 62 miles in extreme driving conditions of heavy city traffic with the air conditioner on.

read more here -
http://blogs.jta.org/philanthropy/2008/07/01/98/kennedy-promos-israels-electric-car-project/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:23:37 PM »

Portugal to become a Better Place
Expanding Project Better Place to Portugal is an important milestone in the company's global march.

Dubi Gedalyahu 8 Jul 08   17:28

Portugal is considering joining Shai Agassi's electric car venture, Project Better Place. Many European carmakers assemble vehicles in the country and its leadership has a complex political and economic give and take relationship with the manufacturers. Portuguese media reports that Nissan Carlos Tavares, who has close ties with the Portuguese government, arranged the deal.

The Portuguese government is well aware that collaboration with the Renault Nissan Alliance will create real benefits for the local economy and employment. It also fits in with the Mobile Green Car program that the Portuguese government initiated a few years ago in order to create incentives for the local car industry.

read more here -
http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000359766&fid=942

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »

Israeli electric car initiative presented to Congress

Israel's new electric car initiative was presented to a US congressional committee this week in hopes of garnering investment in a project that could ease financial troubles caused by rising oil prices.

Israeli entrepreneur Shai Agassi, who has teamed with Renaul/Nissan to introduce electric cars to Israel on a massive scale in the coming years, told the congressional Committee on Energy Independence that investing in the Israeli initiative will be good for America in several ways.

Agassi noted that operating an electric car costs about six cents a mile, whereas a gasoline-powered car costs 16 cents a mile to operate.

read more here -
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=16513

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.