April 24, 2024, 07:06:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Distortion  (Read 3156 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: July 09, 2008, 02:42:08 AM »

Dear None,

I have the right to speak up for myself and my political affiliation without being attacked and maligned by a cabal of right wing Republican posters on this political forum.

What I find hard to believe is the distortion of facts.

AuntieM and Lala's and Dihannah - You are all good americans who care enough about our country to think critically about our future and the problems facing us. That's all tyler was trying to do, to have discourse with intelligent and committed citizens. Caesu and Louise were allowed to taunt her endlessly then cry and whine like children when she called them on it.

Pardon me, but what you wrote was distorted. I did not taunt Tyler. She dug her own grave by calling other monkeys pieces of excrement. The rule here is to be civilized. No name calling or personal attacks.

You have now threatened me as follows: "I hope you will understand when I send copies to SM's leadership asking for your posts to be edited." Read None below. 

Good deal Louise, next time you feel the urge to post about the 100+ sexual encounters you've had on a public community forum I hope you will understand when I send copies to SM's leadership asking for your posts to be edited. Honestly I found that pretty offensive as well.

To illustrate the distortion between what I said and what None thinks I said ... in the beginning of Scared Monkeys we had the Lively Case Discussion. It could reach at least 50 pages per day. Angie asked how many men each of us has had. I said, "100."  I was joking.  That is the story of the 100 men.

Next distortion.

Louise, you have no right to speak about manners when you post predominately about your pride when you upset a man's wife as you did recently playing up your pink bikini?

THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF NONE'S DISTORTION. This is the story of the pink bikini which I posted on the Monkey Lounge Thread under the heading of Adventures of Louise.

Bikini On Saturday I went to the beach. It was a beautiful day. I got there early, spread out my sheet, set up my chair, connected my iPod, etc. After a while I saw a middle aged Armenian couple arrive and set themselves up next to me. She was wearing a two piece suit. I found it unusual that the only gear they had was an umbrella. No towels. They sat in the sand under the shade and then the wife went into the water. After a while, the husband came over and asked if I could watch his stuff while he goes into the water to join his wife. Pretty soon she comes out of the water and is looking around for her husband. Eventually he comes out of the water and waves to me to thank me for watching his stuff. I waved back. The wife whipped her head around to see who he was waving at. I waved at her and smiled. She turned around and started to berate him in Armenian.   
Blah blah BIKINI (tossing her head towards me). He shrugged and pointed out I watched his keys in his hat. He continued to get a browbeating as she expressed her displeasure ... blah blah BIKINI blah blah BIKINI blah blah. I felt badly for him. I wore a hot pink bikini but I am not 16 years old. I weigh 100 lbs and have a belly. Later I saw them settle down and talk and do a kissy face. Thank God!

That's the story of the bikini. Big deal.

The lesson is not to let people malign you. 

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 08:03:18 PM »

Ah, Louise, you found yourself a mighty writer.  You do remind many of us of someone incapable of living his/her own life without being heavily dependent on others, asking for help, but later trying to tell everyone else how to live. 

Incidentally, your attack on None is quite unwarranted.  She is not a right wing person and I doubt she ever voted GOP in her life but like others, she has the right to defend herself and anyone she pleases.  Louise, you seem to forget we have a constitution.  You know that little nasty piece of paper that grants you the right to denigrate and bash anyone you want.  But that constitution is a two-way street, and don't you forget it.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 11:08:17 PM »

In all fairness here, I don't believe we should be attacking each other over our personal lives whether we agree or not.  This is a political thread and we should stick to that, not attacking those who share something about personal stuff.
I truly feel that should be off limits.

Now you all know where I stand in politics, but attacking somebody over something personal they posted does not belong here, nor does it serve any purpose.   So let's stick to our political opinions only?   I would guess we have all made mistakes and/or have skeletons in our closet, for better or worse, whether we post it here or not.  So I ask, please leave others personal sharing out of this thread.  This is a Political Thread and we are all human beings with our faults and strenghts of our own.  I may feel strongly about my moral and political beliefs, but will never condemn somebody else for there own actions, as I am far from perfect myself.   Let's allow judgement by whom it belongs to.  God!

Peace!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 11:14:56 PM »

I don't see where Louise has called anyone any names.  I also don't see why people in this political forum can't disagree about candidates without being mean to each other.  

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »

For whom it may concern since Louise has once again made a personal plea on one of the forums for everyone to be oh so kind to her, I will attempt to clarify my issue with her posts in THIS forum.

I had said I would not post anymore in the political forum and I've not been posting, so what is Louise's issue? I think yet one more cry for attention. I don't pander to such with my own children, sorry if that hurts sensibilities but it's the reality of raising responsible children into adults. I do feel that by age 50+ that Louise should be able to fight her own battles relatively well.

I was categorized early in my career as a "feminist" and my parents raised me to be one, my father told me as I launched my career "you can be anything, women can be anything and do anything, and don't forget that - now is the time for a woman".

So I did and I've worked hard to be credible as any man, research and work just as hard, and ultimately when my former executive ex became a life dropout, I just worked harder to support my two kids alone and not complain or be bitter about it. At work, I defer to people who have more expertise and experience than myself often, and freely. I respect the opinions of those with proven and demonstrated skills or knowledge I do not have.

As a result of this, when I witness Tyler bringing important strategic information around the big picture of politics to this board, whether you agree with her or not - to taunt her over and over or worse - to post things along the lines of no one reads here so her opinion won't matter - truly do incense me. Who is Louise or Caesu to make that judgment? DiHannah you say only God can make such judgments but I disagree in that Louise certainly feels sure she can make judgments. As for personal stories well just read the sig line.......and as a woman who has worked hard to be taken seriously, yes I do resent it when other women bring other educated and knowledgeable women down with snarky vaccuous comments.

So essentially this isn't about political parties or affiliations, it's frankly about one poster here who wants to talk politics but do none of the research, offer up nothing to support her candidate of choice but to say "we need change". It's about another poster who isn't even a voter in our country, thinking he can taunt and torment over posting links because he wants to deflect the merit of her arguments? One of my greatest worries about this election is the votes that are pure emotional responses, not well thought out commitments realizing the gravity of our votes, that what we do impacts ALL. Well sure enough, I think we have ample example of that on this board and yes I will object to it and feel as an american I can object.

Last week I realized that only name calling warrant concern here or criticism of poor wounded Louise - not vaccuous responses toying with the efforts of educated posters which frankly I find more insulting than name calling.

I'd also state openly a lesson I found capable of learning by about age 18, if you cannot stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen. I can take the heat but what I cannot take is the favoritism.

Peace out.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 02:11:32 PM »

None,  you know how much respect I have for both you and Tyler.  I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate each and every post you bring to educate on the candidates.  You are both very intelligent and thoughtful and I certainly don't want to lose either of you.  There are other great posters here too, who bring alot, but I won't list everybody here and now.

My only thought, when I posted that, is I just don't believe in bringing up others personal lives or shortcomings, as it is not for us to judge.   I just believe it to be irrelevant in the discussions of politics and we should stick to the issues.  Nobody, including LV should be personally attacking anybody, period.

We are all here to debate the issues and we should just stick to that, otherwise, we lose site of what is really important.

I care for all of you, even those I disagree with.  This is America and Thank God we do have the freedoms, such as free speech we share here on this forum.  So let's take advantage of that freedom, by debating, not by personal attacks, and yes, again, that includes LV, but what is the most important issue of our lives, this election.

Peace!

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 02:27:51 PM »

I did forget to mention, I agree that I too am waiting for some real truth on Obama's stance, which I have yet to see.  It just proves to me there is nothing, as nobody has been able to find or share anything, even after been repeatedly asked for such.   That is why what you, Tyler and others have brought here is so urgent in getting the truth out.  WhiskeyGirl and Antiem have shared alot as well.  You cannot allow LV to run you off, as I don't think it is a favoritism issue, but a perception issue.  I believe most of us have made it very clear what the issues are, have brought an adequate amount of facts.  Now is not the time to back out over one person.  We've came too far to give up now.

None, The last think in the world I want to do is offend you, as I have too much respect for you, in more ways than one!  As I know how hard you have worked to get where you are and know personally how you have held your own, among great adversity and hardships.  You have personally touched me in so many ways.  I can't even word my thoughts poperly as you and Tyler do, as my first post was obviously offensive to you, and it was NEVER meant to be.  I only had one point and I feel bad if it came out worse than my true intentions were.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »

Dihannah I was never upset with you, not a bit. I am pained to think you thought that I was. I wasn't going to address Louise's challenges for this is the political forum, so my effort was to end that not give it further life. For the record once and for all to end this, I think one doesn't joke about their sexual encounters on a public forum where Natalee's supporters read and post, or feel the need to write about pink bikini's at 50+. It's narcissistic.

It may be perception but Tyler was pushed and pushed and pushed immaturely and unfairly, yet the only admonishment is around name calling? I just struggle with it.

As for Obama, the wheels have begun to come off, no big surprise there. Jackson's comments are a direct reference to how deep Rev Wright's reparation call-to-action runs. Do not be surprised to see our black population fracture over this. The one silver lining is perhaps Obama's 'chosen race' (remember Obama has declared himself a black man, not the blended race he truly is) may bring some truth forward for us all, by calling Obama out for attempting to say whatever he thinks will get him elected yet be unwilling to debate he says.

Mitt Romney and others are stating the single-greatest important point. Obama's senatorial career has been undistinguished to date, he doesn't have foreign policy or even large fiscal experience. The Democrats care about having an electable candidate, not the merits of the candidate. Charisma is good enough for them, I'm not that shallow and obviously at least some here like you are not.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 03:34:14 PM »

"....by calling Obama out for attempting to say whatever he thinks will get him elected yet be unwilling to debate he says. "

I meant to type yet be unwilling to debate what he says.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 04:03:38 PM »

Dihannah I was never upset with you, not a bit. I am pained to think you thought that I was. I wasn't going to address Louise's challenges for this is the political forum, so my effort was to end that not give it further life. For the record once and for all to end this, I think one doesn't joke about their sexual encounters on a public forum where Natalee's supporters read and post, or feel the need to write about pink bikini's at 50+. It's narcissistic.

It may be perception but Tyler was pushed and pushed and pushed immaturely and unfairly, yet the only admonishment is around name calling? I just struggle with it.

As for Obama, the wheels have begun to come off, no big surprise there. Jackson's comments are a direct reference to how deep Rev Wright's reparation call-to-action runs. Do not be surprised to see our black population fracture over this. The one silver lining is perhaps Obama's 'chosen race' (remember Obama has declared himself a black man, not the blended race he truly is) may bring some truth forward for us all, by calling Obama out for attempting to say whatever he thinks will get him elected yet be unwilling to debate he says.

Mitt Romney and others are stating the single-greatest important point. Obama's senatorial career has been undistinguished to date, he doesn't have foreign policy or even large fiscal experience. The Democrats care about having an electable candidate, not the merits of the candidate. Charisma is good enough for them, I'm not that shallow and obviously at least some here like you are not.

First, after some thought,  it's true if your going to post personal stuff on an open forum, it's open for discussion.   I still feel strongly about personally attacking somebody over there personal life, but that is my opinion only.  However, it does go 2 ways as Tyler said.  If your going to dish the attacks out, then you need to be prepared to take it back.  Fair is fair.

Now, Obam has done one thing.  He has brought a much needed discussion over race that has been unspoken for along time.   It has brought up a long needed discussion, but the question remains, is he the right person to have done that, being the biracial, who refuses to talk about his white heritage?  Will it have the positive impact on our society as it should or could have been by the right person/people? He's obviously brought out the worst in the likes of Jackson, because of his personal jealousy over not becoming the hero he thinks he is to the presidency.  Obama has made him irrelevant as well as giving Wright the open forum he needed for his disgusting rhetoric.   So how is he to healing our country?  My other concern is how much power Michelle has in this whole election and if he does become president.  She has harmed him, almost worse than he has to himself with her arrogant and racial remarks.

Interesting how we never really heard who or what his plans are for this country, but yet, he's already moving to the center to appease the more conservative voters, because even at the rate of offending the far left, he knows they will NEVER vote for McCain. Win/win for him? Maybe this is why he never gave to much specific, to leave open the opportunity to move to the center, only when the majority of voters will begin really paying attention?  That's why it is important for our discussions here over the past 6 mos.   We have kept ourselves educated to the truth.

I wonder how our Obama supporters here feel about that?  Do they feel betrayed or will just go with the flow, because, by God, he's "bringin' change"   So much change, he's changed his stance on bringing the troops home as planned, which is one of the reasons the left liked him.  And oh yeah,  he voted for the new FISA bill, agreeing with Bush!  Oh MY!  What a credible candidate he is.....

I bolded your comments above None, as this is one of the most critical points on top of all the rest.....

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 04:06:29 PM »

Oh BTW,  if it is brought up here about being off topic,  "DISTORTION',  I might point out how Obama has distorted his agenda to his supporters.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »

I don't see where Louise has called anyone any names.  I also don't see why people in this political forum can't disagree about candidates without being mean to each other.

Klaas, I have made a commitment to 1) never calling people names and 2) never launching a personal attack. 

For whom it may concern since Louise has once again made a personal plea on one of the forums for everyone to be oh so kind to her, I will attempt to clarify my issue with her posts in THIS forum.

None, please provide proof. I have not made a personal plea on any forum.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 09:36:24 AM »

oh please Louise, your melodrama is exhausting !

So calling me part of a cabal of right winger republican posters isn't calling names? Try learning the true meanings of the words you use, a cabal ???????????? Clearly that was derogatory name calling.

I have threatened you??? Ludicrous !!

Let me understand this, you can publicly post for Klaas to come edit and admonish Tyler, even post you've sent her posts to Red - yet you are telling me I am threatening you?

I recommend a large dose of reality Louise, a very large one.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.