April 24, 2024, 11:29:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'What's Wrong With Senator Obama?'  (Read 6722 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 11, 2008, 03:28:38 PM »

'What's Wrong With Senator Obama?'

Bob Beckel

My 14 year old son loves Barack Obama. He plays the "Yes We Can" music video by will.i.m so often he can recite Obama's New Hampshire speech (from which the video was made) word for word. Obama gave his 'Yes We Can' speech after losing the New Hampshire primary to Hillary Clinton. That refrain, meant to encourage his supporters after the loss, quickly became the mantra for Obama's campaign.

Far from needing encouragement, his supporters were energized by the New Hampshire defeat. My kid kept bugging me to get behind Obama. I tried to tell him as a political analyst for Fox News I had to stay neutral. He wasn't buying that and reminded me that his grandfather (my dad) had been involved in the civil rights movement and "if granddaddy was still around he would be for Obama". That was followed by "you're a wuss".

So I was a little surprised last week when my son asked me, "What's wrong with Senator Obama?" I asked why. "Because he sounds different", he says. Thinking the kid was referring to Obama's recent moves to the center on some issues I tell him every candidate for president repositions for the general election. My son gives me one of those teenage 'what planet are you on' looks and says, "never mind."

So being an astute political analyst I went to YouTube in search of a clue to my kids concerns. I bring up the Yes We Can video which I hadn't seen for several months. I play it once and I'm moved. I play it twice and I must confess I get a bit emotional. For comparison I watch the video of Obama's press conference last week in North Dakota in which he tried to clarify an earlier statement about perhaps "refining" his position on Iraq after a trip there later this month.

Listening to both videos I get it. Obama did sound different. He was defensive, and I sense a bit annoyed that he was forced to explain himself in North Dakota. But the reaction from the press and many of Obama's supporters seemed to me shrill and politically naïve. After all, Obama, on this and other issues, was only repositioning for a broader electorate, something every presidential candidate before him had done.

That response, coupled with Obama's North Dakota press conference and watching the Yes We Can video, began to clarify the "Obama of Summer" problem with his supporters. To a guy like me, who has been involved in many campaigns, what Obama was doing made sense. But to millions of Obama supporters (most having never been near a political campaign) Obama's general election repositioning stood in stark contrast to his 'elegance of defeat' in New Hampshire

I finally got it. While I was holding Obama to a typical political standard, his supporters' standard, forged in the snows of Iowa and New Hampshire, was more elevated and exacting. To them, the "Obama of Winter" had been a calling, while the "Obama of Summer" was causing an uncomfortable disconnect (as evidenced by a decline in the percentage of Obama supporters who tell pollsters they are 'totally' verses 'probably' certain to vote for him).

That was essentially the position Obama took anyway in clarifying his statement last week in North Dakota. There is a lesson here for Obama. The American people (and his supporters especially) want their presidents to be confident and to the point. They are tired of spin. Consultant driven dumbing down is the opposite of confident and obviously spin. The fact is Obama has moved very little but his recent explanations on issues have been dumbed down enough to give the impression that he has moved considerably.

Barack Obama should take a minute to watch the "Yes We Can" video, and look at the faces in the crowd. They are the backbone of his organization and the foundation of his massive internet contributor base. Obama set a standard for his candidacy last winter that his supporters still expect of him this summer. They expect more from Obama than politics as usual, and they have every right to want to see him meet those expectations.

Obama might then assess the advice he's getting from his political consultants (and veteran political supporters like me) and come to the conclusion that, unlike my son and the rest of Obama's young supporters who were drawn to the "Obama of Winter", we're the ones who just don't get it.

read the rest of the story here -

http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpolitics/20080711/cm_rcp/whats_wrong_with_senator_obama

My simple analysis, the supporters of the "Winter Obama" are of the "Barney" generation.  I always liked Barney, but I don't know his songs by heart.  imho

Maybe another music video would help.  I just saw the one on youtube today.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 04:32:18 PM »

LOL, very interesting analogy WhiskeyGirl.  That's probably very true.  I actually was impressed for a 14 yr. to be that interested in politics, that is refeshing.  But of course being raised by a political analyst, heavily involved with the Democrats makes more sense for him to be interested.  Unfortunately,  he is young and naive and only hearing the propaganda Obama has been spewing, and a having a democratic father to influence him, however, he is astute enough at such a young age to see the change.  Hopefully, those adults who have been brainwashed by the Winter Obama, see him for who he really is, before it comes time to vote!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 04:58:05 PM »

LOL, very interesting analogy WhiskeyGirl.  That's probably very true.  I actually was impressed for a 14 yr. to be that interested in politics, that is refeshing.  But of course being raised by a political analyst, heavily involved with the Democrats makes more sense for him to be interested.  Unfortunately,  he is young and naive and only hearing the propaganda Obama has been spewing, and a having a democratic father to influence him, however, he is astute enough at such a young age to see the change.  Hopefully, those adults who have been brainwashed by the Winter Obama, see him for who he really is, before it comes time to vote!

I was thinking it was the video and youtube that got the 14 year old to notice.  He (in a manner charisteric of youth through the ages) didn't seem to understand why dad wasn't onboard with Obama.

I looked up the lyrics to the song, and I liked them.  I watched the youtube today.

I remember suggesting a few years ago to someone that making thousands of cassettes with company messages was a waste of resources.  This person was sure that people would value the message and FIND a cassette player to listen to it.  Most people I knew didn't have a casette available and were unlikely to go in search of one.  This was the CD generation.  Now, the CD has given way to the IPOD and MP3 and youtube generation.

I love youtube.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 05:45:53 PM »

i noticed that change too in one of the tv-clips i saw earlier this week.
but i don't know what to read into it.
maybe he realized it is still a long difficult way to go to november.
or he had a headache. who knows?
sometimes short clips get over-analyzed i think.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 05:51:02 PM »

i noticed that change too in one of the tv-clips i saw earlier this week.
but i don't know what to read into it.
maybe he realized it is still a long difficult way to go to november.
or he had a headache. who knows?
sometimes short clips get over-analyzed i think.

Maybe John McCain should have some anime made up for his campaign.  That's probably where the next election will go. 

Your favorite candidate in anime...available as your favorite game character...

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 06:36:36 AM »

More propaganda  from the Obama's network.  That's all you have ever posted and yet you complain that someone else would post something of interest.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 07:56:45 AM »

More propaganda  from the Obama's network.  That's all you have ever posted and yet you complain that someone else would post something of interest.

funny to see this comment from someone who has been posting a plethora of right-wing propaganda.

and now you copy-paste your own comment in 5 topics of WhiskeyGirl.
and it isn't even close to propaganda at all.

the way you deal with differing opinions and facts that don't fit in your limited views is hilarious.

(feel free to start foul-mouthing, i honestly don't mind)

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 04:50:54 PM »

This post isn't directed to caesu or LV, nor do I invite their response. This post is however in response to the question "What's wrong with Senator Obama?"

Obama is an illusionist, he did the minimal requisite time in the Senate to launch his presidential campaign, not to serve his constituents. His career is without distinction unlike Kennedy. Everything seems to be carefully planned as he kept to himself at Columbia and then Harvard - both insitutions that should and would have former student written papers on file, which in Obama's case he wrote none? I don't buy it. He was a loner, he didn't make close friends, another concern in my opinion.

It's coming out now that he also was not a dedicated churchgoer at Trinity, he says once he had children it was just too hard to make services on Sunday? Yet Wright came over for 'chicken dinners' and discussion - have to wonder what strategy was hatched during those discussions. If I felt it were a strategy of Obama feeling he knew how to lead the county to solid ground I'd not resent that, it's the emerging voices validating that Obama stands for getting elected which I see as a singularly egotistical pursuit. You see, the most "electable" democrats in recent history had that full "package" including religion. Read transcripts of Obama's speeches, cite how often he refers to God and religion. If religion is a means to an end for Obama, if he truly believes he can rewrite all the basic tenants of religion for all of us as some have suggested his ongoing pattern predicts - then he truly is as bad as I've feared he might be.

When he is asked what to pray for, he states to pray for his wife and his daughters - what about praying for our country?

The worst in the Chicago political machine for decades is backing and financing Obama so to those who want Obama for he represents "change" then please know that's not change, but lipstick on a pig.

What if he chooses Chuck Hagel as his running mate? what a farce, he will have used all of you good party Democrats who support him without question or examination - I believe that's 'using' you to elevate himself?

Don't say you weren't warned.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 08:16:29 PM »

What bothers me about this magic Messiah is not that Obama has absolutely no credentials for the presidency, but he goes to the Middle East and meets with the Iraqui leaders, not with Patreus or other generals, commanders, but after talking to the Muslim leaders, decided that we need to take the troops out in 16 monthsm but that he took Maliki's word as being more important and more profound than our commanders is very disturbing.  Who is this rock star empty head working for anyway?  Don't answer, I know.  Russia, China, Iran, Hamas, Hezbolah, Nation of Islam.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
crazybabyborg
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 02:49:20 AM »

Well the topic of this thread is: What's wrong with Obama?

I have so many glitches in my spirit about the man (red flags) and his candidacy, that I hardly know where to begin! First and foremost, I'm alarmed that I really believe this guy is going to win! That alarms me because I didn't realize that so many voters would exchange substance for an engaging personality, or that main stream media would give up the pretense of fair coverage for him! But let's get to the details..............

Morality, Ethics, Responsibility,Convictions, and Vision
Reverend Wright was who he chose to feed his spirit and provide his children their religious values.
He claims to be a Christian, but denies Jesus Christ is required for salvation.
He endangers our troops, the Iraqi citizens and indeed our country's security by announcing a deadline to pull out troops in Iraq. Al Quieda is already deploying plans based on his timeline.
He has said he will pay for his trillion dollar social programs from the money saved from pulling out of Iraq, yet he isn't ending a war, just proposing to move it to Afghanistan.
He promised a Jewish audience his full support and vowed a commitment to an undivided Jerusalem...................that lasted about 24 hours before he backed up and "clarified" that statement.
He promised to run his campaign on public finances, and then "clarified" his position.
He has never been a Senator when he wasn't running for the presidency.
His list of accomplishments, even on his website include such illustrious critical issues as naming highways! I suppose he was looking for length, but even with those entries, there just is no comparison to McCain's accomplishments. Let me add here that I haven't always agreed with McCain's position on certain votes, but it's hard to quarrel with a vote of "present" as Obama cast over 100 times.
He couldn't even vote no to allowing partial birth abortions performed so late that babies were born alive and placed on a shelf till they died! Even the most liberal democrats opposed it, but not Obama!
Small businesses are targeted to make up in taxes, what the ended war in Iraq (now he says just transferred) won't cover. Small businesses provide 80% of our jobs in this country!!!
His health care plan includes National Government Oversight at a cost of 650 Billion dollars. God Help us all if we have to depend on our government to keep us well. Canadians come here when their need is dire and the originator of National Health care in Great Britain has declared it a failure.

and finally, I post this article....................yes, it's copied and pasted, and sourced. I think it's a glimpse at a very frightening prospect. THIS man will most probably be the President of the United States. I ask, as you read this to remember what was in your heart eight days after 9/11.  Maybe this will help:

This was what was in Barack Obama's mind:

ELECTION 2008
Obama: 9-11 happened because al-Qaida lacks 'empathy'
Senator lectures U.S. military, blames terror on 'poverty, ignorance, despair'

Posted: July 20, 2008
2:43 pm Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

JERUSALEM – The 9-11 attacks were carried out because of a lack of "empathy" for others' suffering on the part of al-Qaida, whose terrorist ideology "grows out of a climate of poverty and ignorance, helplessness and despair," Sen. Barack Obama explained in largely unreported comments eight days after the mega-terror attacks that rocked the nation.

Obama went on to imply the September 11th attacks were in part a result of U.S. policy, lecturing the American military to minimize civilian casualties in the Middle East and urging action opposing "bigotry or discrimination directed against neighbors and friends of Middle-Eastern descent."
"Even as I hope for some measure of peace and comfort to the bereaved families, I must also hope that we, as a nation, draw some measure of wisdom from this tragedy," Obama wrote in a piece about 9-11 published on Sept. 19, 2001, in Chicago's Hyde Park Herald.

The senator continued: "Certain immediate lessons are clear, and we must act upon those lessons decisively. We need to step up security at our airports. We must re-examine the effectiveness of our intelligence networks and we must be resolute in identifying the perpetrators of these heinous acts and dismantling their organizations of destruction," wrote Obama.

"We must also engage, however, in the more difficult task of understanding the sources of such madness. The essence of this tragedy, it seems to me, derives from a fundamental absence of empathy on the part of the attackers: an inability to imagine, or connect with, the humanity or suffering of others. Such a failure of empathy, such numbness to the pain of a child or the desperation of a parent is not innate; nor, history tells us, is it unique to a particular culture, religion or ethnicity. It may find expression in a particular brand of violence, it may be channeled by particular demagogues or fanatics.
"Most often, though, it grows out a climate of poverty and ignorance, helplessness and despair.

"We will have to make sure, despite our rage, that any U.S. military action takes into account the lives of innocent civilians abroad. We will have to be unwavering in opposing bigotry or discrimination directed against neighbors and friends of Middle-Eastern descent. Finally, we will have to devote far more attention to the monumental task of raising the hopes and prospects of embittered children across the globe – children not just in the Middle East, but also in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and within our own shores."

Obama's piece gained little notice outside the Hyde Park Herald, which covered Obama's district as a Chicago state senator. The Hyde Park area is heavily influenced by the Nation of Islam.

Obama's remarks gained more traction on Internet blogs the past few days after the statements were republished last week by the New Yorker magazine in a piece that caused a campaign storm when the magazine printed a cover image depicting Obama in Muslim garb and wife Michelle sporting an afro and carrying a machine gun in the Oval Office. A picture of Osama bin Laden hangs over the fire place in which an American flag is being burned.

The New Yorker explained its image was meant to be a satirical depiction of the distorted way some Americans view Obama.

Regarding Obama's remark that al-Qaida is unable to imagine the suffering of others, Michelle Malkin responded in a National Review Online piece, "Is this man for real? Osama bin Laden’s murderous legions are plenty able to 'imagine' the 'suffering of others.' Go watch an al-Qaeda beheading snuff video. Just Google it or surf YouTube. Imagining the suffering of infidels is covered amply in basic Jihadi Training 101."

Robert Spencer, director of the Jihad Watch website, noted, "Barack Obama, back in late September 2001, completely ignored Islam itself. He found the roots for Muslim terrorism not in Islam but in 'a climate of poverty and ignorance, helplessness and despair.'

"What Obama could not, and apparently cannot, allow himself to do is to investigate the nature of Islam, to find out what it teaches about Believers and Infidels. I can help out a bit. I can tell him, right now, right here, that Islam is based on a clear division of the universe between Believers and Infidels."

In an opinion piece in Commentary Magazine, writer Abe Greenwald, responding to Obama's belief terrorists act out of despair, commented, "'[P]overty and ignorance, helplessness and despair.' Strange, considering our attackers were wealthy and educated, connected and ecstatic. You know, if Obama is going to keep ex-terrorists around, he should at least utilize them. He could have asked Bill Ayers, 'Bill, did your 'failure of empathy' stem from your impoverished upbringing as the son of the CEO of Commonwealth Edison?"

Indeed Obama's notion terrorists act out of desperation and poor living conditions was directly contradicted in a WND interview last year with a recruited Palestinian suicide bomber.

The recruited bomber said he is driven to carry out a suicide operation to "satisfy Allah and his instructions. No money interests, nothing. No brainwash, no pressure; it is my decision."

"[My idea of suicide martyrdom] became stronger when I understood what status I will have in heaven if I scarify myself for Allah."

Asked about media reports portraying Palestinian suicide attackers as acting in response to occupation or poor living conditions, the recruited bomber called those media claims "lies" and "Israeli propaganda."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=70119

Never mind the facts. He sure does speak purdy, and has the nicest smile....................

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 02:15:15 AM by crazybabyborg » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 02:18:27 AM »

BTW, if you hadn't read or heard of Obama's statements post 9/11, ask yourself if you think you would have heard about it if McCain had made those remarks.
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 01:33:17 PM »

This is not meant for caesu, he/she will not directly suffer the consequences (that is directly...or immediately )  And truthfully, I have no idea why his/her interest or antagonism even has to be included in a thread " What's WRONG with Obama".

CBB, hat tip to you...I thank you, Tylergirl and Nonesuch for your vast information about Obama..... I wish your messages could be heard by ALL of America.  I can't understand the White mentality here,  ( And I am by no means prejudiced)  falling for this inexperienced  phoney,...this racist..., this phoney Christian!!!  No follower of Christ would ever impart the evil to his congregation, as Wright has, is and always will. Yet this man of evil talk was chosen by Obama as his MENTOR!!!!

I don't understand how White/ Jewish Democrats can fall for this dedicated anti-Semite.

What I can, to an extent, understand, is uninformed Black Americans, so overwhelmed by the thought of a PART African American ( sorry, Barry, yo mama is White). not even thinking or finding out or most of all realizing the consequences of this man succeeding in his attempt to be Commander-in-Chief of this great country.

I have 3 words to sum up what is Wrong with Obama.........HE'S A RACIST!!!!!
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 01:45:55 PM »

So sorry Di, I am dying to talk to you....right now I am on my brother's computer....in Virginia, I live in New Jersey...unfortunately......wish I had never sold my house in Wellington, Fl........would give anything to be back there.....would not have the problems I do now.....except for the mold sickness I came down with due to Palm Beach County Schools......by the time I was well enough to think about suing them, my house was sold and I believe the Statute of Limitations was expired.

Anyway, I am going home Tuesday and hope we can talk!!!!!
marebear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 02:01:35 PM »

I do not believe Obama is phoney...  I sense his intentions are real and he truly is an idealist that would like to change the world, as many dreamers would.  Americans are so eager for something new and different, someone with a vision, and Obama is the closest thing we have.  I was a big fan of his when he first hit the stage, but I am afraid of his indecisiveness and lack of direction.  I think he has potential to be a disaster.  I share the feelings of Beckel's son: What's wrong with Obama?

marebear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 02:23:01 PM »

Oh- and amazing that some call Obama racist based on the actions/comments of his pastor.  God help us all if we are ever judged by the actions of our pastors, teachers, managers, parents, etc.   
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 05:23:33 PM »

marebear, we certainly should be judged "By the company we CHOOSE to keep"  Not only to keep, but have as a mentor.....do you know what a mentor is?????  OMG, a man  who preaches racism, who is heard saying "God damn America"!!!!!  It is a free country, people can say anything that they want,  but someone who seeks the Guidance of a racist, is certainly one himself.....he is a Phoney to call himself a Christian ....no Christian hates anyone especially due to their  creed or color... Wright is a known racist, anti-American.  Obama listened to this racist for 20 years, took his advice, BELIEVED the words of this demon, racist, anti=American, anti-Semite (later I'll tell you how I REALLY feel)........and you compare him to a teacher?  Someone a child has no CHOICE to have to listen to........Obama did!!!!  And he chose Wright!!!!!   And that was WRONG!!!!!!
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 06:00:43 PM »

Pennsylvania AFL-CIO Resoundingly Reaffirms Endorsement of Senator Barack Obama for President and Announces Endorsements for Statewide Row Offices, U.S. Congress and State Legislature

Last update: 5:37 p.m. EDT July 24, 2008

HARRISBURG, Pa., July 24, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President William George today announced the reaffirmation of the AFL-CIO's endorsement of Senator Barack Obama for President which was made by the AFL-CIO's General Board on June 26, 2008 and endorsements made today by the PA AFL-CIO Executive Council for Attorney General, Auditor General, State Treasurer, for U.S. House of Representatives, and for the State Legislature.

"Barack Obama comes from a working class family, with working class values. He fought for equal pay, minimum wage, prevailing wage improvements, card check, responsible bidder and unemployment for locked-out workers. He stands up for working people and he will turn our economy around so that all Americans will benefit from fair trade, affordable health care, pension protections and the right to form a union," Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President William George said.

In announcing the other endorsements for statewide seats, U.S. Congress and State Legislature, George said, "These candidates have proven themselves to be the friends and supporters of working families. They understand that workers are struggling in this economy with stagnant wages, soaring prices for health care, gas and food. They advocate and support an agenda that mirrors the priorities of the labor movement. We are confident that they will put this country back on track toward prosperity and opportunity for all not the few," George declared.

"These endorsements are not only a stamp of approval, it marks the continuation of building the biggest political mobilization of union households in the history of Pennsylvania. On election day, union members and their families will play a major role in deciding the direction of the nation," Pennsylvania AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Richard Bloomingdale said.

read more here -

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/pennsylvania-afl-cio-resoundingly-reaffirms-endorsement/story.aspx?guid=%7B81A28862-900D-41FF-BC03-EDD657AAF21E%7D&dist=hppr

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 06:03:06 PM »

Poll: Obama Leads In Pennsylvania, Cracks 50%

By Eric Kleefeld - July 24, 2008, 5:48PM

The latest poll out of Pennsylvania has some good news for Barack Obama: He's now over 50% in this big swing state.

The new numbers from Rasmussen: Obama 51%, McCain 45%, with a ±3% margin of error.

A key number is that 46% of respondents say economic issues are their biggest concern, and they favor Obama 60%-29%. This is compared to only 25% who rate national security as the top issue, a group that gives McCain a 58%-33% lead.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/07/poll_obama_leads_in_pennsylvan.php

crazybabyborg
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 07:09:54 PM »

Hi marebear! Welcome to political discussion!

Auntiem, I wondered where you've been! Good to see you!

I honestly and sincerely do not believe that anything other than a remnant of voters oppose Obama based on race in the sense of  "I won't vote for a black man." There isn't a trace of that in my heart. To be honest, I wish I could wiggle my nose and put McCain's experience, values, ethics, and philosophies in Obama's skin. McCain would be far more palatable to voters if he were as skilled a speech giver as Obama!

The substance behind the speech is what is critical, and particularly with Obama, we are compelled to look at whatever we can because there is so little record to look at. This man was a State Legislator and has been in the Senate for only 3 years, and has designed that short tenure to win the Presidency. He has purposefully avoided a record there. The one speech he gave that he hangs his hat upon as "opposing the war in Iraq" was a no brainer. He wasn't looking for what was best, or even wrong, for this country, he was looking ahead to the campaign knowing that Americans simply don't maintain a popular war mindset, and that he would exploit that fact. That's my firm opinion. It's so much easier to stand back and criticize than it is to stand for what's right. Regardless of your opinion of the surge in Iraq, McCain stood almost alone, even among Republicans,  when he took a very public stance to increase troops and adopt a strategy that would actually accomplish an objective in Iraq. The war was already unpopular and McCain's stance was made solely on his convictions. You have to have convictions to be able to stand for them. We have very little to determine if Obama has convictions or what they are. So, we have to rely on what we can discern from what history there is.

Rev. Wright is a 20 year piece of that history of Obama's choices. Beyond that, his book is recorded pieces of his thought, and there is blatant racism within it. Beyond that, there are the passionately delivered words to Jewish audiences that are contradicted by passionately delivered words to Palestinians. There are eloquently delivered speeches contradicted by eloquently delivered speeches about patriotism and 9/11, and immigration, and taxes, etc.

This is the man who would construct foreign policy for the free world in a few months and he has just visited Germany and Afghanistan for the first time for the purpose of a photo-op. This trip wasn't even an initial educational effort; Obama is campaigning! He asked a Fox news reporter why Fox News was what he saw our troops watching in Iraq and wondered out loud if that was under the direction of our Commander In Chief. Had he been to Iraq on any kind of regular basis, he would have known that available networks are rotated for our troops.

As richly woven as his words are, this man is not prepared for the Office of the Presidency of the United States. I'm just dumbfounded that he is even under consideration.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »

I'm borrowing from an article Klaas just posted, but it's worth repeating. It's regarding Obama's trip to Berlin:

McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds called the event a “premature victory lap.”

“Barack Obama offered eloquent praise for this country, but the contrast is clear. John McCain has dedicated his life to serving, improving and protecting America. Barack Obama spent an afternoon talking about it,” he said in a statement
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.