April 23, 2024, 12:18:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nut's test thread -- do not disturb.....LMAO  (Read 2586 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: July 11, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »

OK....I already knew how to start a thread and I see and understand most of my new buttons. This weekend I will play with them in here. I must be talking to myself because I titled this 'do not disturb'...lol. Okay me...see me back here tomorrow, lmao.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 09:34:34 PM »

OK....I already knew how to start a thread and I see and understand most of my new buttons. This weekend I will play with them in here. I must be talking to myself because I titled this 'do not disturb'...lol. Okay me...see me back here tomorrow, lmao.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:40:59 PM »

Look down at the bottom where you have the options to:

MOVE TOPIC - REMOVE TOPIC - LOCK TOPIC - SET TOPIC STICKY - MERGE TOPICS

The only ones I've used there are Move Topic, Lock/Unlock Topic and Merge Topics.

Move is used in the Natalee Holloway forum especially when a new thread is started I move the oldest thread to NH LCD Archive.  When I move it I "uncheck" the "redirect topic" box (I think that's what it's called). Of course lock and unlock thread is used everywhere and Merge Topics is only used when you first split a post from the main thread then you want to merge it with another.  For instance, if Lala's posted something in the NH thread by mistake she wanted in the Shango thread, first I would split out the post, then merge it into the shango thread.

Splitting and merging takes a bit of practice, lol 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:37:41 AM »

CHANGING THREADS:
Post Lock Warning on page 45
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/1LOCK.gif (add IMG brackets)

CREATE A NEW THREAD:
1.   Go out of discussion to the index page of the topic you’re in. (Where the lists of all the past Natalee Discussions or past Monkey Musings etc. are). The users are at the top of the list in blue.

2.   Click the NEW TOPIC tab at the upper left of the lists.

3.   Type in the new topic: ex: “Natalee Case Discussion #684 9/20-“

4.   Paste the appropriate picture in the reply box and the following text:
Natalee: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/NF.gif (add IMG brackets)
Let’s Hope For Justice in 2007

Monkey Musings:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/mb1.gif (add IMG brackets)
This thread will be like the old LCD thread.  We only request that if you have actual news, photos or pertinent facts on specific cases you post in the proper area.

5.   Under Additional Options, check the boxes for “sticky” and “lock”.

6.   Go back to the thread you were on.

7.   On page 49, go unlock the thread you created. ( Go into the thread. There is a tab on the lower left that says “Unlock Topic”

8.   On page 50, post this picture:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/MOD/lock1.gif (add IMG brackets)

Type: “Please move to (ex):“Natalee Case Discussion #684”(or Musings)

Post the shortcut to new thread (in address bar) for the new thread you created under picture.

Lock the thread: (Lower left of discussion page has some tabs. LOCK TOPIC is one of them.)

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:38:14 AM »

I stole that from CBB  and I still can't follow all the instructions   

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »

now I have 2 test threads??

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 08:44:27 AM »

If I delete the one that is locked and moved, will this one be deleted also?? 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.