May 27, 2024, 08:16:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CASEY CROWDER - 17yr Arkansas missing since 8/27/2006(BODY FOUND)  (Read 45775 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 03:03:25 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
Me too... Jennifer, that's interesting.

I'm thinking...

Someone talked.

maybe from the party?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 11:31:53 PM »

Police Finish With Truck In Casey Crowder Case
Posted: 9/15/2006 4:11:26 PM

Authorities say the state Crime Laboratory has finished processing a pickup truck for evidence in the abduction and murder case of Casey Crowder. She was a 17-year-old girl who was killed after running out of gas on U.S. 65.

Desha County Sheriff-elect Jim Snyder said the truck has been released to the owner and that he does not know whether the search of the truck advanced the search for the killer.

Casey disappeared during the early morning hours of August 27th after running out of gas at Dumas while returning home to Pine Bluff from her boyfriend's house at Pickens. Her body was found September second in a wooded area in eastern Desha County.

Snyder would not identify the owner of the truck. He said investigators believe they may know why Casey was killed but Snyder declined to disclose the possible motive.
Casey was a senior at Watson Chapel High School.

I'm thinking someone had to have talked to provide a motive or something.  Very odd....

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 12:06:55 PM »

Forensic testing on the suspects truck was completed on Sept. 15th, and I can't find a single new story on when the results are expected or anything.

Is it possible that even though the testing is done, they are still waiting for results?

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 12:11:42 PM »

I don't know Jaq... I am curious as to what they found and why all of the sudden the story has just stopped...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 12:14:45 PM »

I don't know Jaq... I am curious as to what they found and why all of the sudden the story has just stopped...

Same thing with the NJ murder case that I have been following that happened in Ramsey.

Can't find "boo" on it anywhere......

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 01:23:24 PM »

Same thing with the NJ murder case that I have been following that happened in Ramsey.

You're right, Jacquie...nada has been reported on that murder in Ramsey....not to mention Geetha Angara's murder at the water treatment plant in Totowa.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

You're right, Jacquie...nada has been reported on that murder in Ramsey....not to mention Geetha Angara's murder at the water treatment plant in Totowa.

I haven't even heard of Geetha Angara's murder... why all of the sudden do these things fall by the wayside?

crazymom
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 11:18:58 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys.....Just heard that a suspect has been arrested in New Jersey in the Crowder murder case.  I will keep you posted if I hear anything else.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 07:55:33 AM »

Quote from: "crazymom"
Good Evening Monkeys.....Just heard that a suspect has been arrested in New Jersey in the Crowder murder case.  I will keep you posted if I hear anything else.

Whoa, really????

Guess it's not the same one that had the truck from East Arkansas ...

Thanks for the info.....

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 07:58:02 AM »

Crowder Case Update  
Friday September 29, 2006 12:20am    Posted By: Talisa Austin  

___  KATV Interact  ___

• Signup for eNews Alerts
   • Whats Your Opinion?
   • Printable Version
   • E-Mail This Story

___  Related Stories  ___

Officials Say Arrest Made in Crowder Case  

Desha County -

There was a major break in the murder of Casey Crowder Thursday night as the prime suspect was taken into custody. The arrest came late Thursday afternoon in McGehee.

Authorities spoke to reporters about the arrest. We were told he is being charged with one count capital murder and one count kidnapping in the death and disappearance of 17-year-old Casey Crowder.

Sheriff Elect Jim Snyder says their only person of interest has now been linked to the murder of Casey Crowder, even though not all of the evidence is back from the crime lab.  

Nearly two weeks ago Osburn's pick-up truck was returned to his parents from the crime lab.  The truck had been seen in the area of Highway 65 near Dumas the morning Crowder disappeared. Osburn's mother maintains her son's innocence.

Crowder's body was discovered by National Guard troops on September 2 in a remote area of Desha County. Kenneth Osburn is expected to be arraigned Friday morning.

Channel 7 spoke with the Crowder’s family and they are relieved about Thursday's arrest.

» Find More Articles Related To This One

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

I would love to know more of the details... did Osburn know her? Was this random?

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2006, 11:29:39 AM »

I would love to know more of the details... did Osburn know her? Was this random?

Not too many details on it yet.

But they are making a point of keeping the manner of death from the public so far, and I wonder why.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 11:51:35 AM »

Not too many details on it yet.

But they are making a point of keeping the manner of death from the public so far, and I wonder why.

I know and I guess that is why I keep checking back to see if we are finding out more...

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2006, 06:38:22 PM »

Trucker Held Without Bail in Death of Arkansas Teen

Friday , September 29, 2006

ARKANSAS CITY, Ark. — A circuit judge Friday denied bail for a cross-country trucker from McGehee who is accused of abducting and killing a Pine Bluff girl whose car had run out of gasoline along a remote U.S. highway in southeastern Arkansas.

Kenneth Osburn, 46, appeared in Desha County Circuit Court after his arrest Thursday on suspicion of capital murder and kidnapping in the Aug. 27 death of Casey Crowder, 17.

Prosecutor Thomas Deen told Circuit Judge Teresa French that charges would be filed Friday afternoon against Osburn. Deen said he plans to seek the death penalty.

"Casey was murdered in distress," Deen said. "Instead of coming to her aid, Mr. Osburn kidnapped and strangled her to death."

Deen said Osburn had four previous nonviolent felony convictions but declined to describe them.

Crowder disappeared after running out of gasoline on U.S. 65 near Dumas while returning home to Pine Bluff from her boyfriend's house at Pickens. Her parents notified police that she was missing about 20 hours after she called her mother to say she was out of fuel.

Crowder was a senior at Watson Chapel High School. Her vehicle was found on the highway within walking distance of a gas station. According to police, the gas tank was empty, her purse and cell phone were gone but a softball bat and glove were in the car.

Searchers including a number of volunteers and officers from other law enforcement agencies spent six days looking for Crowder before finding the body Sept. 2.

On Thursday, Desha County Sheriff-elect Jim Snyder announced Osburn's arrest. Snyder said DNA evidence and a white pickup truck linked to Osburn led to the arrest. Deen said on Friday that interviews and surveillance videos from businesses along U.S. 65 near where Crowder's vehicle was found also played a part in the arrest.

Since Osburn's arrest, two other Arkansas police agencies contacted Deen about unsolved crimes in their areas. Deen said those leads did not result in any follow-ups.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216706,00.html
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2006, 07:18:18 PM »

Kenneth Osburn was Arrested & Charged with capital murder and kidnapping of Casey Crowder

http://missingexploited.com/2006/09/29/kenneth-osburn-was-arrested-charged-with-capital-murder-and-kidnapping-of-casey-crowder/

Police made an arrest Thursday in the kidnapping and murder of Casey Crowder. 46 year old Kenneth Osburn was arrested Thursday and charged with capital murder and kidnapping.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2006, 11:05:59 PM »

Casey Crowder Suspect Arrested  
Friday September 29, 2006 8:38pm   Reporter: Michelle Rupp   Posted By: Cassie Cummings  

McGehee - A McGehee man is behind bars Friday night accused of strangling to death a Pine Bluff teenager.

Exactly one month to the date of Casey Crowder’s disappearance, 46-year-old Kenneth Osburn was arrested and is facing several charges. Osburn was arrested late Thursday afternoon in Mcgehee.  Authorities say he’s been their main suspect all along. Osburn’s parents however believe their son isn’t a killer.

Hiding his face with his orange jail suit, Kenneth Osburn didn’t want to be seen Friday. He faces charges of Capital Murder, kidnapping and an additional charge as a habitual offender. Osburn’s criminal history includes being convicted of other non-violent, non-sexual crimes.

Prosecutor Thomas Deen says although not all of the evidence is back from the crime lab, there was enough to link Osburn to Crowder’s death and disappearance.

(Thomas Deen, Prosecutor) "The crime lab hasn't completed all of its analysis and i'm not at liberty to comment specifically on items of evidence that might have been recovered."

Osburn’s pick up truck was seized by authorities for possible evidence a week after Crowder’s body was discovered. The suspect’s parents picked up the vehicle and weeks before an arrest was made Osburn’s mother had this to say:

(Ruth Osburn, Suspect’s Mother) "I know my son is innocent. I hope they find the one that is guilty but I know he is not the one."

Osburn is the Dumas Jail Friday night, without bond. The prosecutor says he will seek the death penalty. There is no indication Osburn knew Crowder.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2006, 10:59:48 AM »

News

TRUCKER COULD FACE DEATH PENALTY
By Patty Wooten/OF THE COMMERCIAL STAFF
Friday, September 29, 2006 10:56 PM CDT

ARKANSAS CITY — The man accused of kidnapping and killing 17-year-old Casey Crowder was denied bail Friday on capital murder and kidnapping charges, beginning a legal process that could end in a death sentence if he’s convicted.

Kenneth Ray Osburn, a 46-year-old widowed truck driver and father of two from the Wolfe Project near McGehee, had his first court appearance on charges of capital murder and kidnapping.

He allegedly kidnapped the Pine Bluff girl during the early morning hours of Aug. 27 when her vehicle ran out of gas on U.S 65 at Dumas, then strangled her to death.

Casey’s body, identified by dental records, was discovered in a remote area east of Dumas on Sept. 2, six days after she disappeared.

“Casey was a motorist in distress and instead of coming to her aid Mr. Osburn kidnapped and strangled her to death,” 10th Judicial District Prosecutor Thomas Deen said.

Deen asked that Osburn be held without bond.

“As (Osburn) is going to be charged with a capital offense and I anticipate the state will be seeking the death penalty, I ask that he be held without bond,” Deen told Circuit Court Judge Teresa French, who was presiding at Osburn’s first appearance hearing in Desha County Circuit Court on Friday.

Wearing handcuffs and orange and white striped jail issue clothing, Osburn answered a few questions, telling French he didn’t need a public defender.

He said his mother had contacted Erwin Davis, a Fayetteville attorney, and he anticipated hiring Davis to defend him.

Responding to Deen’s request that he be held without bond, Osburn asked that a bond be set so he could go to work. He said he is employed by USA Truck of Van Buren.

“I don’t have to go back to the company I’m working for but I could work around here on a farm or something,” he said.

French denied bond.

Osburn, who has been charged as a habitual offender, allegedly has “four or more” prior felony convictions, all non-violent offenses, and while there is no evidence he has committed offenses similar to the ones he is now charged with, his occupation as a truck driver takes him across the country, according to Deen.

Deen said two other Arkansas law enforcement agencies contacted the Desha County Sheriff’s Department about unsolved murders in their jurisdictions but those leads did not result in any follow up by those jurisdictions.

Authorities still won’t say what specific evidence led to Osburn’s arrest.

“It is cumulative evidence gathered over the last four weeks, including interviews and surveillance tapes,” Deen said.

Deen was referring to tapes from surveillance video at businesses located along U.S. 65 at Dumas where Casey’s abandoned vehicle was discovered.

Her locked vehicle was found within walking distance of a gas station.

Police said Casey, a senior at Watson Chapel High School, was on her way home to Pine Bluff from her boyfriend’s home at Pickens when her vehicle ran out of gas.

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2006, 01:22:14 AM »

Casey Crowder Murder Case Investigation Update  
Thursday October 19, 2006 8:14pm   Reporter: Michelle Rupp   Posted By: Talisa Austin  

Desha County -

There’s new information in the murder case of Pine Bluff teenager Casey Crowder. Channel 7 news has obtained court documents from the case.

The affidavit details a police interview with Osburn shortly after his arrest. There is no mention of a motive; however these papers include an alleged confession.

Kenneth Osburn was arrested for the death of Casey Crowder September 28th. According to court papers Osburn "admitted that he caused the death of Casey Crowder.  He admitted that he took Casey to 43 Canal in his Chevrolet truck where her body was found."  

Crowder's body was discovered by National Guard troops on September 2 in a wooded area in Desha County. She ran out of gasoline six days earlier and disappeared while walking along Highway 65.

Osburn's attorney, who declined an interview, says the alleged confession came after his client was questioned for 23 hours and repeatedly denied council.

Documents go on to say agents noticed "numerous scratches on both arms and one small cut on one of his arms". "Osburn was asked to remove his shirt he had some faint abrasions on his chest and elbows."  Osburn also had "faint abrasions on his knees." Osburn told officers "his dog had scratched him on the arms and the places on his knees, elbows and chest were from some type of skin irritating disease."

The case is on hold right now pending the outcome of a mental evaluation of Osburn which is standard in cases seeking the death penalty.

Copyright 2006 KATV, LLC

HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS STORY?
TELL US ABOUT IT BELOW!

Viewer Comments on Casey Crowder Murder Case Investigation Update  
jekel
IP: Logged
Posted: 10/19 10:09p ET    I am curious why people would say "I know him and he would NEVER do such a thing."  How many times have we heard that on the news from friends and relatives of serial killers?  None of us know why people snap and do the things that they do.  Never say that someone could NEVER do such an act because it will probably come back to haunt you.  All I know is that Casey probably put up one hell of a fight if she was conscience and if the man had scratches on him and it was Casey that scratched him then his DNA WILL BE under her fingernails.  If it matches then they will definitely seek the death penalty.  How will this guy explain his DNA on her or her DNA on him or in his vehicle.  Surely he won't say the "DOG " carried it there!!! Come on everybody, what kind of story was that?  Your dog scratched you all over your arms and chest.  If that is the case maybe they need to scrape the dogs toenails to see if they can find this guys DNA under them.  I hope he gets a fair trial and if he is guilt I hope God shows him mercy and we show him justice.

Opinions and Feedback

You need to be a registered member of KATV
to leave comments on news stories.

Not A Member Yet? Click Here To Signup...Takes Just Two Minutes

Lost Your Password? Click Here  

KATV Member Name or Email:  
Password:  

Your Feedback/Opinion:

Messages that harass, abuse or threaten other members; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial or advertising content or inappropriate links may be removed and may result in the loss of your posting privledges. Please do not post any private information unless you want it to be available publicly.

Never assume that you are completely anonymous and cannot be identified by your posts.

This site is best viewed with Internet Explorer 5.0 / Netscape 6.0 or higher

News  | Weather  | Arkansas Lifestyles  | Sports  | KATV eVideo  | Newslinks  | 7 On Your Side
All About Arkansas  | Hometown Heroes  | Daybreak  | MidDay Arkansas  | Good Morning Arkansas  | Family First
Connecting with Kids  | ARSN  | Programming  | HealthCheck  | Recipes  | Community Events  | Talent Bios  | JobCenter  | Member Profile  | Classifieds  | Games  | Advertise On KATV  | Contact KATV  | Shop KATV  | Local Entertainment

Advertising on KATV  | Contact KATV  | Jobcenter

TOP OF PAGE

TM & © KATV, LLC
All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication, or distribution in any form is expressly prohibited.

Pages throughout the KATV website feature links to other sites, some of which are operated by companies unrelated to KATV.
KATV has no control over the content or availability of any linked site.

Legal Notices. "KATV, LLC", recognizes the privacy interests of visitors to this site on the Internet.
Please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service
KATV EEO Report CLICK HERE

KATV adheres to the ICRA RATING SYSTEM for parental control

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2006, 09:47:01 AM »

OSBURN ATTORNEY SEEKS TO BE REMOVED FROM CASE

By Patty Wooten/OF THE COMMERCIAL STAFF
Friday, October 27, 2006 10:30 PM CDT

ARKANSAS CITY — Bing Colvin, the public defender appointed to represent Kenneth Osburn, has asked to be relieved as Osburn’s counsel because Colvin has become a witness in the case and his office is already handling four unrelated death penalty cases.

Osburn, a 46-year-old trucker, is charged with the Aug. 27 kidnapping and strangulation death of Casey Crowder.

The 17-year-old Pine Bluff girl’s body was discovered Sept. 2 in a wooded area near a drainage canal about six miles from U.S. 65 at Dumas, where her vehicle ran out of gas during the early morning hours of Aug. 27 while returning home from her boyfriend’s home at Pickens.

Colvin said he discussed the issue with Didi Sallings, executive director of the state Public Defender Commission, and both agreed he could not defend Osburn and provide adequate representation for his other four clients.

Moreover, Colvin said “witnesses” to a confession Osburn is alleged to have made after his arrest disclosed to him certain information that has made him a witness in the case. Because an attorney cannot testify on behalf of his own client, Colvin said he should be relieved for that reason alone.

Tenth Judicial District Prosecutor Thomas Deen said he will not object to Colvin’s motion to be relieved.

Colvin did not disclose in his motion what information he received from the “witnesses,” but in a recent interview Colvin said Osburn’s alleged confession came after 23 hours of “Taliban-type interrogation” despite repeated requests for an attorney. Colvin said he was basing that information on what Osburn and “someone close to the interrogation” told him.

“I sure hate to give it up,” Colvin said, referring to the Osburn case. “This is going to be an extremely interesting case, but it’s going to take an awful lot of work, far above a normal capital case.”

Colvin says he doesn’t believe the state has enough evidence to convict Osburn.

But police believe they have the right person.

Osburn, who lives in the Wolfe Project community near McGehee, was arrested Sept. 28 after police conducted numerous interviews and reviewed videotapes from surveillance cameras at the Sonic Drive-In on U.S. 65 and the Dollar General Store on U.S. 165.

Crowder, while stranded on U.S. 65, had made several cell phone calls, including one to her mother saying her vehicle was out of gas and she would call someone for help and another call leaving a message on her boyfriend’s brother’s cell phone, asking him to tell her boyfriend she needed him to bring her some gas.

According to an exhibit attached to an affidavit for the warrant to arrest Osburn, the image of a southbound white pickup truck fitting the description of Osburn’s personal vehicle was captured on a surveillance video camera at the Sonic Drive-In on U.S. 65, approximately three minutes after Crowder made her last cell phone call seeking help.

Less than three minutes later, the same vehicle was captured on the Sonic video camera traveling north on U.S. 65, according to the exhibit outlining the “facts” constituting reasonable cause for Osburn’s arrest.

At 6:46 a.m., shortly after the truck passed the Sonic headed north, the truck was captured on video surveillance camera at the Dollar General Store on U.S. 165, headed east, according to the exhibit.

On Sept. 5, three days after Crowder’s body was found, a woman told police she saw Osburn traveling east on U.S. 165 toward the river. She said a passenger in the truck was “slumped down and laid over toward the passenger window,” according to the exhibit.

Police noted in the exhibit that Crowder’s body was found east of Dumas, which is the direction Osburn allegedly was traveling the morning of Aug. 27.

Osburn, according to a statement he reportedly made to police two days after Crowder’s body was found, said he had taken his daughter to work at a Dumas nursing home sometime between 6:15 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. then went to Matthews truck stop at the intersection of U.S. 65 and 165 to drink a cup of coffee.

He said he left about 20 minutes later headed home to McGehee, according to the exhibit.

When told that his truck was seen traveling north on U.S. 65 minutes after it was seen traveling south, Osburn reportedly told police he turned around and went back to Matthews to buy a pack of cigarettes. He said he bought one pack then went home, according to the exhibit.

Osburn’s truck was not seen going south again after it headed north and cash register receipts from Matthews, during the time frame in question, did not show the purchase of a single package of cigarettes, according to the exhibit.

Osburn is alleged to have confessed following his arrest. According to an affidavit for a search warrant to collect DNA from Osburn’s pets, Osburn admitted he caused Crowder’s death and took her to the location where her body was found six days later.

A trace evidence analyst at the state Crime Lab recovered animal hair resembling that of a dog and a cat on Crowder’s clothing, according to the affidavit for a warrant to collect DNA from Osburn’s dogs and cats.

Police are now awaiting the results of DNA tests on the animal hair.
Print this story   |   Email this story

Advertisers

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2006, 09:08:04 PM »

Kenneth Ray Osburn Pet’s DNA to be Tested in Murder Case of Casey Crowder

http://missingexploited.com/2006/11/22/kenneth-ray-osburn-pets-dna-to-be-tested-in-murder-case-of-casey-crowder/

Pet DNA samples of murder suspect Kenneth Ray Osburn has been sent to the University of California Davis Veterinary Genetics Laboratory. Osburn is charged with the kidnapping and murder of 17 year old Casey Crowder. Animal hairs were found on Casey Crowder’s clothes. If a match, Kenneth Ray Osburn is going to have a difficult time explaining how his pets hairs got on the clothes of Crowder.
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.