March 28, 2024, 05:13:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy's Place  (Read 22548 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 10:14:42 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
I'll be 55 in September.  I'm getting old.

Old, my arse! Get yourself fixed up with that 35 year old! I have a friend who is older than you and his wife is 36 years old.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 10:26:47 PM »

I’VE BEEN CRYING OVER YOU…….
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 10:31:29 PM »

Well, Easy you have a nice place here.  Did you hire a decorator?
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2006, 10:45:19 PM »

Why can I not get my avatar to show?

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 10:57:28 PM »

What can I do?  My kid took a swing at me.  He took several more and I was lost.  My jaw dropped and I hit him hard.  Is that a bad thing?  I knocked him across the room.  He shouldn’t have tried to hit me.  I don't feel good about it!  I really don't.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2006, 11:20:39 PM »

Easy~ What was the alternative? For him to beat the hell out of you? If so, then you did what you had to do to protect yourself. He is no longer a child. He is an adult, and his behavior had consequences.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 11:29:06 PM »

Adding to the above:

He's damn lucky that it was you that he assaulted and not someone with a gun or knife. Those of us who actively use substances are at great risk of provoking others into harming us.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 11:32:19 PM »

Hey Easy! Nice place! Please don't beat yourself up over it Easy, as Justins said, what was the alternative? Your son needs to realize that there are consequences for his actions. Your son knows deep down that you love him and he loves you as well I am sure.It happened,it is over and now the two of you need to try to move on.

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2006, 12:33:46 AM »

Dearest Easy,

If this is what you meant by the below (I dunno how to do quotes - maybe you can teach me?) I publicly apologize from the bottom of my heart for posting on the LCD that you were posting pics to get attention. I'm very, very sorry for saying that. I've been kicking myself every day over that and I've stayed away from the LCD. I had a very insensitive moment. You know I care about you and have sent you emails asking how you are and how is little mom.

With love,
Mama Louise

Easy wrote: lol Kind of funny how my face can upset some people. They shouldn't have let me know that one.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2006, 12:43:57 AM »

Dear Easy,

Two things.

You are an extraordinarily handsome man. I want more pics. 55 is not old. They say 50 is the old 30. People are getting younger for their ages. So consider yourself 35.

Regarding your son, he is an adult. It's not like he was ten years old and hit you and you knew not to hit a child back. You had to protect yourself. An old Jewish saying, "If I am not for myself, who will be for me?" You had no alternative. The survival instinct took over, which is how it should be.  

I'm sorry that sad event popped up in your life.

With love,
Mama Louise

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2006, 01:10:22 AM »

Easy,

If I could, I WOULD love to take you there. I'm sorry about your pain. You know you can email me if ever want you want to talk further.

With love.

Easy writes: Let me tell a story. A half moon seems to hang low in the sky. The smell of yesterday lingers in the dirt. The music drifted across the sand and got lost in the horizon. I'm hurting. Help take me there.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2006, 01:22:39 AM »

Easy,

Take it easy on yourself. Wish I knew who you were crying over.

Wish it were me "wink."   Very Happy   Laughing    Very Happy    Laughing

With love.  

Easy wrote: I’VE BEEN CRYING OVER YOU…….

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2006, 04:37:11 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Easy,

Take it easy on yourself. Wish I knew who you were crying over.

Wish it were me "wink."   Very Happy   Laughing    Very Happy    Laughing

With love.  

Easy wrote: I’VE BEEN CRYING OVER YOU…….

Louise! Are you as my mother has always said of me~ "I know how you are when it comes to very handsome men!"? LOL!

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2006, 09:04:12 AM »

Well, it does bother me that it came to that, but I didn’t know what else to do.  I couldn’t just stand there and be a punching bag then let him continue to trash my house.  It all makes me very sad and I really have no answers.  Maybe he will wise up, if he survives these years.

I miss having him around.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2006, 08:50:33 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
I'll be 55 in September.  I'm getting old.

OOPs I thought you were already 55. Sorry.
Most of the time I think all that is just numbers. There are days I do feel old but not most of the time. Right now I have a bad sinus cold thingy and feel old. I also felt old while going through radiation and chemo. I have no idea which one it was but one of them zapped my energy.

Easy, I saw something on the news at noon. It was about a guy who had this new artificial heart put in. Very tiny. He was the first one to get it. they needed to do a stent but his heart was in such bad shape they could not do it. So they put in this artifical one to work as well . He says he has not felt this good in years. He looked like he was quite a bit older than you.

Also being nosy here but do you know what drugs your son is using?

Also how do your other sons feel about all this?

If those are to personal to answer then do not. I am just hoping it is not Meth.

Also your son sounds like he needed some tough love anyway. Sometimes we have to do things we do not want to do. Just a fact of life.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006, 09:19:40 PM »

Hi Easy,

San brought up some things I had not thought about - an artificial heart. What does your physician say about this? Are you on any type of list waiting for a heart?

Also, San took the words right out of my mouth - I have questions about your son. I know it's him you are crying over.

In order to clarify how this thing started, I'd like to know how old your son is. What drug(s) is he on? And most important, what happened directly before the confrontation? Were you having a conversation? What was said? How did the big blow up begin?  All we know is that he was on drugs and hit you and you hit him back.

Could you share more please? It didn't happen all of a sudden out of the blue. There must have been a whole history leading up to this event.

With love,
Mama Louise

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2006, 11:30:12 AM »

Hey Louise, I am Sam not San. Common mistake.

Easy I looked to see if I could find that article online about the artificial heart and could not find the right one. I did see where the FDA has approved this new one to be implanted. It is only approved for patients who will die within a month without it.

The one I seen on Tv yesterday fit that category except the person receiving it was going to get a stent and they had decided he would not survive the surgery because his heart was so damaged. They inplanted the artificial as well as did the stent for his damaged heart. I do not know exactly how the artificial works in this case. If maybe it just takes over when the other gets tired or something like a pacemaker does.

I will keep looking.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2006, 09:57:50 PM »

I'm sorry, Sam.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2006, 07:28:30 AM »

My son is 20 and he has had problems with prescription drugs (Xanax and Loritab) along with alcohol in the past.  He has been through treatment programs more than once.  His mother and her husband could not deal with him any longer so he came to live with me a few months ago.  Things were going very well and he was gaining my trust.  I promised to get him a decent car, if he continued to keep his nose clean.  I told him that even if he should give into temptations that driving under the influence was out of the question.

Well, one Friday I came home from work and he wanted to borrow my truck to go to the mall.  He had gotten paid for a weeks worth of construction work and he wanted to go get some clothes.  I said sure.  

Much later he came home and said some girls followed him and he was going with them to a teen bar.  He could hardly stand straight and he was slurring his words.  I told him that he would end up in jail if he did go, because the new police chief has been on a mission about underage drinking.  I also told him driving my truck in that condition was a deal breaker.  That set him off and he stormed out of the house.  I then called his mother and told her what to expect.  He has done this same thing in the past when he had a little money in his pocket and then the telephone starts ringing from the jail with him begging to be bailed out.  I told her I would not be bailing him out if that happened.  She agreed.  Then she called him and talked him into coming back to my house.

He did come back but he was in a rage at that point and he said a few choice things to me.  I told him to go sleep it off and we would talk the next day.  He went screaming down the hall calling me every name in the book.  I could hear things crashing down the hall, so I walked down to his room to see what was going on.  He had thrown a TV on the floor and was generally trashing his room.  I warned him to stop before I called 911.  He then snatched the telephone out of the wall.  I told him he was crossing a line.  That’s when he took a swing at my face, which I dodged.  He tried to sucker punch me two more times, but I avoided his fist.  I told him he had lost his mine and that is when he hit me in the chest as hard as he could.  While I was standing there amazed, he hit me in the chest again.  That’s when I decided I had to subdue him before it got any worse.  I caught him with a left to the gut that knocked him off balance and I then caught him with a hard right to the side of his head.  That stunned him and he dropped his arms.  I grabbed him around his arms and took him to the floor.  He couldn’t move, but his mouth was still running off.  I told him he had to go.  

I called his mom with my cell and told her she needed to get him out of here before things got really bad, or I called the cops.  She did come get him and he cussed me all the way out the door.  He paused at the door just long enough to throw something at me.

That is pretty much the story of that night.  A 20-year-old as tall as me and in much better physical shape was trying to kick my butt in my own house.  He was out of control and I couldn’t bend him over my knee and give him a spanking.  So, I gained control of the situation the only way I could at the time.

He has been doing some better since that event.  He has enrolled at a local university, living in the dorm, making good grades so far and working part time at a steak house.  He came by last night to pick up a laptop I bought him for school and he looked good.  His eyes were clear, he had a bounce in his step and he seemed to be excited about the university lifestyle.  If he can just control this urge he has concerning drugs and booze, he will do fine.  All a parent can do is hope at this point.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2006, 08:47:53 AM »

Easy, does he attend AA meetings or meet with a counsler on a consistent basis?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.