April 26, 2024, 01:57:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy's Place  (Read 23707 times)
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2006, 12:43:47 PM »

Easy, thanks so much for sharing that. Like I have said before You did what you had to do

Addictions are so hard to break. As a smoker I can tell you I have quit at least a million times. Never successful. I think maybe the younger you are the easier.

I had an alcoholic father. He also had 3 brothers. Two of them were alcoholics as well. He was a really good guy. Honest. His addiction caused him to lose my Mother. He would quit drinking, Sometimes for 2 or 3 years. During that time he would pay off his bills, save his money as well as stock up on booze. White lightning for when he hit the bottom of the barrel. He always knew it was only a matter of time before his next binge hit.

When he was on his non drinking spells he had so much will power. He would still go to bars because that is where his friends were. He would just drink soda. Then one day he would have that first drink. For awhile he would manage to go to work but not long. He drank from the time he woke until he went to bed. He would spend all the money he had saved, borrow from friends until they would no longer loan him money. Then he would drink his closet full of white lightning until it was gone. Then he would sober up and start over again. Go back to work, pay off his friends and his other bills and start saving again for his next binge. A vicious cycle that eventually killed him. One thing I will say he was never a mean drunk. His brothers were.

My oldest sis died at 38 years old from eating so many over the counter drugs that eventually the old heart could not take any more. She took them for years, starting as a young teen. So addictions run in the family.

I hope that going back to school will be the thing that helps your son through this. I also hope he does not get in with the party croud , which is so prevalent at colleges now.

I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2006, 08:13:33 PM »

Easy, you did what you had to do.   Don't feel bad.

We love you.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2006, 09:41:15 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Easy, does he attend AA meetings or meet with a counsler on a consistent basis?

Easy, Please, for your own sake, try AlAnon.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2006, 02:56:12 AM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"

Yes, Easy, AlAnon is a good organization.  You will be surprised that you are not alone in all this.  There are many families who are going through similar things right now.  You are not alone.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2006, 03:23:53 AM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Hi Easy,
 I like to put my feet up too.

Also am a smoker so please can I still smoke. LOL

I think it was awfully nice of Justinsmama to make this place especially for you and your friends Easy. JMHO

I had to share this with you, Sam.  This is a picture on the ceiling of a smoker's lounge.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2006, 08:18:28 AM »

Quote from: "Bearlyhere"
Hi Easy,
 I like to put my feet up too.

Also am a smoker so please can I still smoke. LOL

I think it was awfully nice of Justinsmama to make this place especially for you and your friends Easy. JMHO

I had to share this with you, Sam.  This is a picture on the ceiling of a smoker's lounge.

That is very cool........Powerful.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2006, 09:23:56 AM »

When he first moved in with me he did go to some AA meetings and even had a girl that liked to go with him just to give support.  He was also on probation and watching his step pretty closely.  As soon as his probation officer managed to end the probation early he started slipping back into his old habits and running with his old crowd.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2006, 09:27:06 AM »

Easy, thanks so much for sharing that. Like I have said before You did what you had to do

Addictions are so hard to break. As a smoker I can tell you I have quit at least a million times. Never successful. I think maybe the younger you are the easier.

I had an alcoholic father. He also had 3 brothers. Two of them were alcoholics as well. He was a really good guy. Honest. His addiction caused him to lose my Mother. He would quit drinking, Sometimes for 2 or 3 years. During that time he would pay off his bills, save his money as well as stock up on booze. White lightning for when he hit the bottom of the barrel. He always knew it was only a matter of time before his next binge hit.

When he was on his non drinking spells he had so much will power. He would still go to bars because that is where his friends were. He would just drink soda. Then one day he would have that first drink. For awhile he would manage to go to work but not long. He drank from the time he woke until he went to bed. He would spend all the money he had saved, borrow from friends until they would no longer loan him money. Then he would drink his closet full of white lightning until it was gone. Then he would sober up and start over again. Go back to work, pay off his friends and his other bills and start saving again for his next binge. A vicious cycle that eventually killed him. One thing I will say he was never a mean drunk. His brothers were.

My oldest sis died at 38 years old from eating so many over the counter drugs that eventually the old heart could not take any more. She took them for years, starting as a young teen. So addictions run in the family.

I hope that going back to school will be the thing that helps your son through this. I also hope he does not get in with the party croud , which is so prevalent at colleges now.

I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

Sam

Sam - Thanks for the supportive words.  Addiction is a terrible thing and there is a history in my family too.  It can rip families apart.  Doesn't matter if it is a parent or a child it puts everyone around the person in turmoil.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2006, 09:28:37 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Easy, you did what you had to do.   Don't feel bad.

We love you.

Thanks Peaches!  We all have our trials and tribulations.  Some more than others.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2006, 09:31:02 AM »

I will look into it.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2006, 09:34:36 AM »

Quote from: "Bearlyhere"

Yes, Easy, AlAnon is a good organization.  You will be surprised that you are not alone in all this.  There are many families who are going through similar things right now.  You are not alone.

I would not be surprised.  I've sat in a court room with him before and 90% of those seeing the judge were near his age and in trouble due to drugs and or alcohol.  It is a serious problem these days.  We ran a little wild when I was a teen, but there were certain things we just didn't do.  Anything goes with these kids today.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

I would not be surprised.  I've sat in a court room with him before and 90% of those seeing the judge were near his age and in trouble due to drugs and or alcohol.  It is a serious problem these days.  We ran a little wild when I was a teen, but there were certain things we just didn't do.  Anything goes with these kids today.

OK, please do not flame me. I am not a real Hillary Clinton suppoerter but I do think it takes a village to raise a child. When we were young if an adult saw us doing something wrong they spoke to us about it and then told our parents. Our parents tried to punish us appropriatley.

Today if an adult speaks to the child and tells the parent, the parent says not my child or stay out of our business. So adults are afraid to speak up.
I still do tend to speak up. I also love kids of all ages.

When I was a counselor at a drug abuse center I wound up being involved in an alternative center. We were primarily a place for the kids to hang out. These were kids as young as 11. They were not on drugs. They usually just needed a babysitter.  Broken homes. Mothers to young to be parents. So they were out running around and leaving the kids to raise themselves.

Do I think it was wrong for the Moms to want to go out. NO! I really do not know what the solution is. Birth control for one. Centers for kids to hang out can also help. JMHO

Easy yes try alanon.

Bearlyhere, Yes I have seen that photo before. I think it is a neat photo.

I know there are a lot of problems with smoking and lung function and yes my doctor would like for me to quit. He also told me everything we do from the time we are born affects our lungs. All the chemicals we are exposed to. For women they seem to be exposed to so much. All the cleaning products, perfumes. In our village we were allowed to burn garbage until the past 5 years. It was the first thing you smelled when you drove into town. It smelled worse than the smoking areas you encounter sometimes and must admit those sometimes are really bad. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2006, 11:29:40 PM »

When he first moved in with me he did go to some AA meetings and even had a girl that liked to go with him just to give support.  He was also on probation and watching his step pretty closely.  As soon as his probation officer managed to end the probation early he started slipping back into his old habits and running with his old crowd.

Easy~ It often takes several attempts to stop before it sticks.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2006, 12:42:32 AM »

Hey, what can I say?  This is my old ass.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2006, 01:18:50 AM »

Hey, what can I say?  This is my old ass.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2006, 01:20:09 AM »

Oopps!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2006, 09:37:30 AM »

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2006, 10:41:23 AM »

Okay, Easy, give us some stats on yerself. How tall you be?

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2006, 01:44:17 PM »

Okay, Easy, give us some stats on yerself. How tall you be?

4'11 and 411 pounds!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2006, 01:46:37 PM »

6'-0", 185lbs and meaner than a junk yard dawg! lol (I'm a pussy cat)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.