April 19, 2024, 07:29:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #1  (Read 584298 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 10:39:06 PM »

Stench In Car May Be Clue In Missing Toddler's Disappearance

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The search for Caylee Anthony in her grandparents' backyard turned out to be a dead end Friday, but a strong smell has led investigators to focus on an Orange County parking lot and a car that was found there.

The car was parked in a lot near State Road 50 and Goldenrod Road (see map) for a few days earlier this week. A business owner had it towed and it turned out to be Caylee's grandparents' car, one the toddler's mother drives.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16924162/detail.html

OMG, what if the mother left Caylee in the car by accident and she died.  The mom freaked out, went off the deep end so to speak. 

Klaas and Sam.... unfortunately I had the same thoughts....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 09:48:38 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/7/17/caylee_marie_anthony_disappearance_timeline.html#

Caylee Marie Anthony Disappearance Timeline
Friday, July 18, 2008 10:53:23 AM

June 9: Casey Anthony said that on June 9, she dropped Caylee off at a babysitter who lived at the Sawgrass Apartments. She said the babysitter's name was Zenaida Gonzalez.

June 12: Caylee was spotted by friends of the Anthony family in a shopping area near the Orange-Seminole county lines. She was wearing a pink and blue outfit and white-rimmed sunglasses. 

June 9 - July 12: Casey Anthony tells her parents that she had been going to work every day and that Caylee had been staying with friends or nannies.

July 12: After they had not seen Caylee for some time, the girl's grandparents got concerned and confronted Casey, convincing her to go to the sheriff's office.

July 16:  Police talk to Zenaida Gonzalez who says she does not know Casey Anthony. Police also take Casey to Universal Studios where she said she worked. After leading them to a building, she admitted she was no longer employed there.

July 16: Casey Anthony is arrested.

July 17: Casey Anthony is officially charged with child neglect, lying to investigators and interfering with a criminal investigation. The judge denies bond because she showed a "woeful disregard for the welfare of her child."

clarice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »

Apparently there was an interview today with Geraldo and the GM. GM showed another side of herself, I hear, but she was with the attorney who fixed it and I now suspect is representing the entire family.

I would like to know where this Amy Huizenger ( her BFF) went and when she returned home. She left her car with Casey. And Casey picked her up at airport. I originally heard she returned on the 12th. Now they just changed it to the 15th which does not fit the timeline. Police were notified on 7-15 at 12:45 AM. AH say that Casey picked her up at airport on 7-15-08 at 2:30pm. Did the police just let her leave and go the airport?

In my opinion, it is always to good to save the snippets of news you get in the beginning because they disappear as the case progresses.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 03:36:28 PM »

Family of missing girl turns to the Internet

Sunday, 20 Jul 2008, 1:47 PM EDT

ORLANDO -- Every night is a long night for the family of a missing 3-year-old Florida girl. Caylee Anthony has been missing for more than a month, and now, her family is turning to the Internet for help.

They have put together a MySpace page and a video, hoping someone out there will see it, and help bring Caylee home.

"We are going to get Caylee back. Our efforts now are focused on how can we do that as quickly and effectively as possible," said Lee Anthony, Caylee's uncle.

Caylee's mother Casey Anthony is behind bars, charged with child neglect and criminal obstruction.

Deputies say she told detectives she dropped Caylee off at a babysitter last month, but hadn't seen her since.

They still don't know why she didn't report her missing.

The mother's attorney says her imprisonment is hurting the search.

"I think her detention is hampering the search. How can the police bounce evidence and leads with her while she's sitting in jail? It's counterproductive," said Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney.

Friday, investigators dug up Caylee's grandparents' yard looking for clues.

Caylee and her mother live there.

Investigators used cadaver dogs, but say they believe Caylee could still be alive.

A neighbor said Caylee's mother borrowed a shovel about a month ago.

Police took the shovel as evidence.

"I'm dying inside, every day, every minute, every second not having Caylee in my life. And I know these guys are too, and I know Casey is as well," said Cindy Anthony, Caylee's grandmother.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7022683&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 09:25:28 AM »

http://www.local6.com/news/16933286/detail.html

Hundreds Of Leads Checked For Missing Girl; Caylee Just Called, Says Grandmother
Mother Remains Quiet On Child's Location

POSTED: 12:22 am EDT July 20, 2008
UPDATED: 8:06 am EDT July 21, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Investigators are actively pursuing hundreds of leads -- even tips from other states -- in the search for a missing 2-year-old Central Florida girl.

Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, has been missing for five weeks but was not reported lost by her mother, Casey Anthony, 22, detectives said.

Over the weekend, deputies continued to try to piece together conflicting stories to determine what happened to Caylee.

Casey Anthony has remained quiet concerning the girl's location.

Girl Called This Week, Grandmother Says

Meanwhile, Caylee's grandmother, Cindy Anthony, said she believes the missing girl called her mother the day the 22-year-old was arrested, Local 6 reported. She said she is convinced the child is still alive.

"Casey got a phone call (saying) 'Hi mommy' for just a brief second," Anthony said. "And when Casey said, 'Put an adult on the phone Caylee,' the phone went dead.'"

Cindy Anthony said she believes her daughter would only put her granddaughter in the care of someone who would really take care of her.

"I know Casey knows who has her," Cindy Anthony said. "I'm dying inside every day, every minute and every second not having Caylee in my life and I know these guys are too and I know Casey is as well."

Police took Casey Anthony into custody Wednesday when she refused to lead them to her daughter.

"She is fearful of something," Cindy Anthony said. "She doesn't want to hurt me or have me hurt mentally or physically about something. But I know with her calm demeanor that she is confident that Caylee is alive."

Family members said Caylee is probably in the care of somebody she is comfortable with.

Friday, crews dug in the back yard of the home of Cindy and George Anthony, located on Hopepring Drive in Orlando. However, the search was abandoned.

The investigation has shifted to Anthony's car and different locations.

"We are running this investigation in several different directions," Orange County sheriff's Sgt. John Allen said.

On Wednesday, Casey Anthony told detectives that she was doing her own investigation into her daughter's disappearance, Local 6 reported.

The woman also said she saw movies and reports that if people in similar situations went to the police, they had gotten hurt.

During questioning, detectives said Casey Anthony did not show any emotion over the loss of her child. She did not cry or give any indication she was legitimately worried.

Anyone with information concerning the whereabouts of Caylee is urged to call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this developing story.

This is so wierd I don't know what to think any more.  I really hope this little girl is alive and it's just her family that's a bit "off".

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 10:06:31 AM »

Good grief ~ I'm listening to the grandmother on FoxNews . . . she is very strange . . . I cannot figure this out, either.  Very confrontational.  It's probably just me, but I am completely turned off by her behavior.  I know everyone handles stress differently....just my personal take on the grandmother.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 11:53:54 AM »

I say leave the mother in jail. If they let her out the Grandmother will try and manipulate. Jail has a way of making some people talk. If the mother knows who has Caylee, or where she is,.....she will talk before long.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 12:04:41 PM »

Where is missing 2-year-old? Her mother may know
Toddler’s grandmother says her jailed daughter ‘knows who has her’

July 21, 2008
Casey Anthony knows who has her missing 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, but may have lied to investigators to protect the little girl, her mother and attorney said Monday.

“I know Casey knows who has her,” Casey Anthony’s mother, Cindy Anthony, told TODAY’s Ann Curry from the family’s home in Orlando, Fla. “I know Casey doesn’t know where they are right at the moment.”

Cindy Anthony said she might know more if investigators would allow her to speak with her daughter for more than a few moments. She has had one phone call with her since Casey was arrested last week for lying to investigators. She also said that a visit with Casey was cut short by police.

“I think my daughter loves Caylee so much that she will do whatever it takes to protect her,” Cindy Anthony said. “In her own way, she has those reasons inside her why she’s protecting her, and we don’t understand those right now.”

Casey Anthony told her parents last week that Caylee had been missing since June 9, but she didn’t tell anyone for five weeks. Cindy Anthony and her husband, George, called police to report the girl missing, and authorities arrested Casey Anthony when they determined that she had lied to them about the disappearance of her daughter.

The grandparents have started a Web site and distributed fliers to help find Caylee, but Casey Anthony’s attorney, Jose Baez, indicated that the jailed mother knows where her daughter is — or at least who has her.

Why won’t she talk?
Curry asked Baez why his client is unwilling to share the information she has with authorities.

“I know the reason why,” Baez told Curry. “Unfortunately, I can’t disclose that at this time. Based on my conversations with her, I can understand what she’s going through and basically the reason why she did what she did. There is an explanation for all of this. Unfortunately I’m not at liberty to say at the time.”

“Do you fear for her safety?” Curry asked Baez, referring to Caylee.

“Obviously when she’s away from where she’s supposed to be, we all fear for her safety,” Baez said. “She needs to be back home with her family, with the people who love her, and that’s really our ultimate goal here — to have her home and to be with the people who love her.”

Caylee’s grandmother Cindy Anthony told local media that Casey told her that she received a phone call from Caylee, but that the line went dead when the mother asked to speak to an adult. In her TODAY appearance, Cindy said her daughter had also made that statement to others. She added that her own mother told her on July 5 that she thought she heard Caylee’s voice in the background during a phone conversation with Casey Anthony.

It is unclear who the girl’s father is, according to media reports in Orlando. Casey Anthony has reportedly told authorities that she was employed at a local theme park, but in reality she had been fired from the park two weeks ago. She also reportedly said that the child’s father is dead. She also said she had left the child with a baby sitter who then disappeared — but the address she gave for the baby sitter turned out to be an unoccupied apartment.

‘I forgive her’
Last Thursday and Friday, investigators with shovels and cadaver-sniffing dogs dug up Casey Anthony’s backyard, but found no sign of Caylee.

Cindy Anthony said that Orange County authorities acted too quickly in arresting and jailing her daughter without bond last week and said it was a mistake to keep the single mother in jail.

“I think that was a huge mistake by arresting her that quickly, because she was not able to reach out to her friends and her family to maybe shed some light on the reasons,” the distraught mother said.

A former nurse, Cindy Anthony said that she and her husband George, a former deputy sheriff, saw no signs of drug abuse in their daughter. She said she’d told Casey Anthony that she loves her and supports her.

“I forgive her,” Cindy Anthony said. “I have not said that to her.”

“Forgive her for what?” Curry asked.

“For not telling me sooner, for not telling the police sooner,” Cindy Anthony answered. “Someone can’t come to grips until they’re forgiven. She’s probably not going to be able to tell me everything until I can forgive her.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25780516/

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 12:14:51 PM »

Anyone have any thoughts/feelings/opinions concerning grandmother Cindy?

I don't mean she's involved.

Just wondering how she comes across to y'all.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 12:30:57 PM »

tcmom I haven't seen her in an interview, wish I had because I can tell more by the way things are said. But the content of what she is saying leads me to think she knows more than what she is saying. (For example the following article). Also grandmother is an ex-nurse to me she should recognize the signs of drug use.......Casey had to have been using to be so irresponsible with her own daughter.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 12:34:23 PM »

Grandma Defends Daughter, Asks Public for Help Finding Missing Toddler

Monday, July 21, 2008
The mother of a woman arrested weeks after her toddler disappeared said her daughter Casey "has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story," as she begged the public to help find missing Caylee Marie Anthony, 2.

"Casey has been trying to tell the police in her own way what she can tell them and the only unfortunate thing is, you know, they want a clear picture," Caylee's grandmother, Cindy Anthony, told FOX News. "There's no clear picture. Casey has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story, so she's been honest with them for what she can be honest with."

Earlier, Cindy Anthony had told NBC's "Today" Show Monday that Casey Anthony knows who has the toddler and should be released from jail so she can assist with the search. An attorney for the mother is expected to file paperwork Monday for her release.

Meanwhile, volunteers in the Orlando, Fla., are planned to canvas neighborhoods, distributing 50,000 fliers, MyFOXOrlando.com reports.

"People don't know that Caylee's missing, and they may have been the one to see her," Cindy Anthony told FOX News. "I'm letting the police department focus on the whys, whats, wheres, whens."

Casey Anthony was arrested last week and charged with child neglect and criminal obstruction for lying to detectives. Caylee, who was last seen June 9, was reported missing by her mother last week.

>>>>the complete article
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,387283,00.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 12:34:32 PM »

I saw her in an interview when the story first broke and I said then that she is in denial. Period.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 02:46:40 PM »

This story reeks of B.S.  If she is trying to protect her daughter, and she says she knows who the child is with, why not send the police to retrieve this baby girl and put her in protective custody?  I am disgusted by the Grandmother's lack of objectivity.  She knows more than she is letting on.  I don't believe she has anything to do with why the child is missing but I think she is in total denial.  The mother is obviously hiding some serious information and it sickens me to think that she would rather put her child in the care of others than to be there with her, "protecting" her from whatever the h*ll she is claiming to be afraid of.  This woman's story can't even be told to clear her?  I don't think so....WHATEVER!!!

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 02:47:35 PM »

And what the heck do they mean that she is trying to tell police in her own way?  Just tell them you a-hole.

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
clarice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 03:59:08 PM »

Cindy is trying to tell everyone about Calyee in HER OWN WAY, not Casey's wa!

This mother is emeshed with her daughter, Casey, I can't tell where one starts and the other begins. And, to tell you the truth, neither can Cindy.

It is very difficult to find a child when there are no clues. Cindy wants to tell us stories about this beautiful child but does not want to tell us anything about the baby's mother to get us out there searching. If she was last seen with the mother, Cindy, than find out where she was last seen with her. The only siting we have is on June 2, 2008, when Anthony Lazzaro stated Caylee was with Casey at the pool. When was the last time you or your husband saw Caylee? This is very fuzzy. What did Casey take with her when she left YOUR house? Where are those things now? She stayed with AMY....let's start there...my goodness, this woman walks around every question and goes off with some ridiculous excuse if she answers at all. Amy will not speak on camera at all. This whole case is beyond bizarre

I am shocked to hear Cindy's husband is or was in the Sheriff's dept. Every day in this case is another shocker. Why don't we hear more from him?

I am shocked about Casey's new tatoo....what the heck is that about? "Bell Vita" in honor of her daughter. Tatoo received around June 25 or so?

clarice
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 04:02:02 PM »

Sorry, the tattoo says, "Bella Vita"....meaning....Beautiful Life.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 06:19:12 PM »

Here is a link to a news story about an hour ago. ABC. Nothing really new but it seems with all the lies even the news agency's can't keep them straight either.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=5418115&page=1

Just a swinging with the tribe
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 08:38:55 PM »

I saw her in an interview when the story first broke and I said then that she is in denial. Period.

Sadly, that was my first impression also....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 09:45:47 PM »

Snipped from BB's post above

"Casey has been trying to tell the police in her own way what she can tell them and the only unfortunate thing is, you know, they want a clear picture," Caylee's grandmother, Cindy Anthony, told FOX News. "There's no clear picture. Casey has her reasons why she just can't blurt out the whole story, so she's been honest with them for what she can be honest with."

Now this proves the GM (grandmonster) is delusional about her daughter! casey the mother (F'er) has not told the truth yet!

I think they should also put the grandmonster in jail with no bond, and throw away the keys to both their cells.

If the gm and family is so convinced, or trying to convince us that her daughter left the grand-daughter with someone reliable why did she (gm) call 911? This is one F'ed up family.
This is a jerry-springer-like freak family squabble.

F that family for abusing the investigators and their resources and F them for asking the public to help when they are the ones that know all the answers. And mostly, F that family for any harm they did/do to that little girl.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 12:49:42 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/16945143/detail.html

Grandmother Of Missing Toddler Says Daughter "Has Done Something"

POSTED: 4:36 pm EDT July 21, 2008
UPDATED: 6:04 pm EDT July 21, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- For the first time, the grandparents of missing girl Caylee Anthony admit their daughter may have had something to do with her disappearance. That mother, Casey Anthony, is now trying everything to get out of jail.

In a surprising turnaround Monday, Caylee Marie's grandmother told Eyewitness News she wants Caylee's mother Casey to know that she forgives Casey and said, if a judge allows Casey out of jail Tuesday, she's welcome to come back to their home if she wants to.

More flowers were delivered to Caylee Marie Anthony's grandparents house Monday. Inside, family members were fielding phone calls and emails, hoping for leads to Caylee's whereabouts, six days after she was reported missing and about six weeks after Caylee's mother Casey says she last saw the little girl.

Monday, grandmother Cynthia Anthony told Eyewitness News she forgives Casey.

"For whatever she's done. Everybody, she has done something, okay. She's holding back or whatever it is. Otherwise, Caylee would be right here with us, so, she has done something. So I forgive her for whatever that is," Cynthia said Monday.

Eyewitness News asked her about what she had written in her blog on MySpace.com that jealousy drove Casey away with the child. She admits there was tension over who was closer to Caylee.

"When you give birth to a child, you want to hold that child yourself for the first time. You don't want to see your mother hold that child for the first time. And unfortunately it was me or nobody, because she wasn't allowed to hold the baby at that time," Cynthia said.

Looking back, Cynthia said, she now realizes why Casey needed her space. If her flight for independence included handing Caylee off to someone who is now obsessively enchanted by the beautiful little girl, Caylee's grandmother said she forgives that person, too.

"[I would tell them] to call the police department or to call me and we'll come pick her up right now, no questions asked," she said.

Investigators said they have talked with the person who gave Casey Anthony a ride from the Amscot where she abandoned her car late last month and that person might know what happened to Caylee. Amscot won't say whether Casey tried to cash a check there.

Mother Could Bond Out Of Jail Tuesday

Casey Anthony could get a chance to bond out of jail and her attorney said Monday she may be willing to tell detectives what she knows about her child's disappearance if she can be immune from prosecution.

"It's abundantly clear, she should be released, she's entitled to a bond," attorney Jose Baez said during a media briefing Monday.

If Baez gets his way, his client will walk out of the Orange County jail Tuesday. The bond could be as low as $2,000, because she's only being held on a third-degree felony for child neglect and a misdemeanor charge of lying to police.

Baez said he would consider allowing her to tell everything she knows if investigators gave her immunity.

"Absolutely, we'd consider it. It's something I would have to convey to her," he said.

Baez contends Casey knows who has Caylee and is willing to help, but it's hard when she's in jail. Detectives said she's lied so much, she is no longer credible.

Casey Anthony is in a psych ward at the jail with nothing but a blanket. Mental health evaluations have turned up no problem, but even Baez admitted he's not sure Casey can handle being out of jail in an unsupervised environment.

In 2006, Melinda Duckett shot and killed herself the day after she was interviewed on Nancy Grace's TV show about her missing son Trenton.

"Can I say for certain that's going to happen? Absolutely not. But I will stress this, every case is different, every person is different," Baez said.

A judge will decide if Anthony should get bond Tuesday afternoon.

I think this whole family is nuts - that poor little girl 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.