April 25, 2024, 05:51:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pfc.Jeneesa Lewis, 29,TX missing from Texas base 7/18/08 (Located INJURED)  (Read 16584 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 19, 2008, 05:49:29 AM »

East Tennessean missing from Texas base

7/18/2008 11:57:37 PM
A woman who spent more than two decades in East Tennessee is the subject of a massive search in El Paso, TX this weekend.

29 year old Jenessa Lewis, who lived near Rogersville for 26 years, is now stationed at Ft. Bliss Texas as part of the United States ARMY. She left East Tennessee about a year ago when she joined the military.

Friday morning, she never reported to work, her sister tells 10 News. She says she was in contact with her sister Thursday afternoon. It's believed she was abducted sometime Thursday night or very early Friday morning.

El Paso Police say they arrived at Lewis' apartment and found signs of a struggle. Lewis' family says she had recently left her husband and NBC affiliate KTSM in El Paso says police have targeted him as a suspect.

Lewis' family believes there is a chance she could be brought back to East Tennessee. Her husband has a child whom Lewis' mother is currently in custody of.

They say Lewis has a tatoo on the back of her neck that says "LEWIS" in cursive writing.

KTSM-TV says that husband is Clinton "Clint" William Lewis. He lived in Hawkins County along with Jenessa Lewis for several years according to her family.

They ask if you know anything call Hawkins County investigators at (423) 272-7121

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=60994&catid=2
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:47:35 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 03:08:55 PM »

Yet another missing female soldier.... 

Police: Missing Texas soldier may be in danger
Sat Jul 19, 12:36 AM ET

EL PASO, Texas - Police say a Fort Bliss soldier is considered in danger after she did not report for work Friday and evidence of foul play was found in her apartment.

Authorities were searching for Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis, 29, and her husband. The couple is believed to be together and police want to talk to Clinton Lewis, 34, about his wife's disappearance, El Paso Officer Chris Mears said.

People who know the soldier told investigators that she and her husband, who is not in the Army, have been having marital problems, Mears said.

Fort Bliss spokeswoman Jean Offutt said that when Jeneesa Lewis didn't report to physical training or work, soldiers from the 5-52 Air Defense Artillery Battalion, 11th Brigade went to her off-post apartment to check on her.

The apartment she shares with her husband was locked, prompting the call to police.

Neither of the Lewises was home. Mears said police found evidence of foul play but he would not elaborate.

Jeneesa Lewis has only been stationed at Fort Bliss for a few months and arrived at the post alone, Offutt said.

According to Army records, her children live in Tennessee. Further information on the children wasn't immediately available.

Lewis is the fourth young female service member to go missing in recent months.

In January, the body of Marine Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach was found buried in the backyard of a fellow Marine in North Carolina. Cpl. Cesar Laurean is charged with murder.

Last month, the body of Spc. Megan Touma was found in a motel near Fort Bragg, N.C. No arrests have been made in her death. Touma and Lauterbach both were pregnant.

Earlier this month, Army 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc, a nurse at Fort Bragg, was found dead, and her husband, Marine Cpl. John Wimunc, 23, was charged with murder.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080719/ap_on_re_us/missing_soldier

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 04:32:43 PM »

Missing Fort Bliss Soldier, Pfc Jeneesa Lewis Considered in Danger … Husband Clinton Lewis wanted for Questioning

http://missingexploited.com/2008/07/19/missing-fort-bliss-soldier-pfc-jeneesa-lewis-considered-in-danger-husband-clinton-lewis-wanted-for-questioning/

Hard to believe we now have the fourth case of a missing female military individual this year. What on earth is going on!!!

Pfc Jeneesa Lewis description:

Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis is 28 years old
5 foot 4 inches tall
white female
weighs about 125 pounds.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 01:09:10 AM »

http://**/ci_9929837

Sister says: Missing soldier feared abusive husband
By Adriana M. Chávez / El Paso Times
Article Launched: 07/19/2008 03:45:42 PM MDT

A Fort Bliss soldier who was reported missing on Friday after she didn't show up to work had joined the U.S. Army to escape from her abusive husband, who is also a suspect in the soldier's disappearance, the soldier's sister said Saturday.

Janeesa Lewis, 29, was discovered missing after Fort Bliss officials visited her apartment in the 200 block of Festival in West El Paso Friday afternoon, and found signs of a struggle and blood. Police are also looking for Lewis' husband, 34-year-old Clinton Lewis, and said the couple may be traveling in a white 2001 Dodge Dakota with Texas license plates 20ZFD7.

Janeesa Lewis, who is originally from Rogersville, Tenn., joined the Army in September to get way from her husband, and to make a life for her and her three children, ages 9, 7 and 4, said Janessa's sister, Tammy Skelton, in a phone interview Saturday.

"They've had issues for years," Skelton said about the couple. "She just wanted to get away from him, secure herself financially and take care of her and her kids and have a nice life together. That's all she wanted."

Skelton described Clinton Lewis as abusive and menancing. Lewis is wanted in Tennessee for owing $25,000 in back child support and stealing $11,000 worth of jewelry, Skelton said, adding that Lewis was previously convicted on drug and assault charges.

When Janeesa joined the Army, she left her husband and took her children to her mother's house to live until Janeesa was able to get housing on post at Fort Bliss. Skelton said that since Lewis is a convicted felon, he wouldn't be able to get on post and look for Janeesa. Janeesa planned to retrieve her children once she got on-post housing, Skelon said.

However, more than a month later Lewis had tracked Janeesa down in El Paso, and kept her "hostage," Skelton said.

"He wouldn't let her go out for nothing, except to go to work and come home. He wouldn't let her do her own laundry," Skelton said.

When Janeesa tried to get away, Skelton said, Lewis would take Janeesa's car keys and cell phone, and rip their home phone from the wall so Janeesa couldn't call police.

On Wednesday, Janeesa told Skelton she had a plan to leave Lewis. Janeesa's apartment had flooded, Skelton said, and Janeesa took the opportunity to put some of her belongings in storage. As Janeesa left for work on Wednesday, Skelton said, she slipped an envelope with money through a window of the apartment with a note telling Lewis to leave, and had planned to stay at a friend's house on post until Lewis left.

"He had called her and left her several messages and pictures of him on a Greyhound bus," Skelton said. "She was so excited about him leaving."

Still, Skelton warned her sister not to return to the apartment. The last contact Skelton had with her sister was a text message at 4:56 p.m. Thursday.

"We were joking and stuff. She was planning on going to work (Friday) and she was going out on the field on the 28th," Skelton said. "I told her 'Don't go back (to the apartment). You're worth more than your possessions.'"

But Janeesa went back.

Skelton said she received a call Friday as she was leaving work by one of Janeesa's captains at Fort Bliss. They had gone to Janeesa's apartment looking for her, but instead found the apartment in disarray, and also found blood. They immediately contacted police.

"I started freaking out," Skelton said. "I thought 'Oh my God he's got her.'"

Skelton said that El Paso police and police in Tennessee have been keeping her family posted on the investigation, but added "I'm scared to death." Janeesa's disappearance has caused additional heartache for her family in Tennessee.

"My grandma just lost her mother and husband two weeks ago in the same week, and she's scared to death for Janeesa," Skelton said. "We've been pacing and calling as many people as we can. Hopefully somebody spots them."

Anyone with information on the couple's whereabouts is asked to call police at 832-4400 or Crime Stoppers at 566-8477.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 06:39:46 AM »

MISSING SOLDIER: Family says PFC. Lewis has been located, husband turns self in

Posted: 12:29 AM Jul 21, 2008
HAWKINS COUNTY (WVLT) – The family of a missing Hawkins County soldier says Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis has been located.

According to family members, Clinton Lewis turned himself into El Paso Police just before 12:00 AM EST after seeing television reports.

Pfc. Lewis’ sister told Volunteer TV News that Jeneesa was taken to the hospital soon after her husband surrendered to police. She was suffering from a stab wound in each leg from a kitchen knife, had been beaten up, and choked.

We will bring you the latest on this story as it develops on Volunteer TV News and VolunteerTV.com

http://www.volunteertv.com/news/headlines/25673339.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:15:27 AM »

I'll let another new Mod move this one...I don't want to hog them all 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 09:15:12 AM »

WOW

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,387023,00.html

Missing Fort Bliss Soldier Found Alive, Sister Says
Monday , July 21, 2008

EL PASO, Texas —

A Fort Bliss soldier considered missing and endangered has been found hurt but alive, her sister said Monday.

Tammy Skelton said she talked to Army Pfc. Jeneesa Lewis on Sunday by phone, and her sister said she had been beaten and stabbed twice. Skelton said her sister "sounded tired, scared and weak."

Her husband, Clinton W. Lewis, has been jailed on an aggravated kidnapping charge. He was being held on $75,000 bond, according to jail records, which did not show if he had an attorney.

"Clinton had seen it on the news and decided to turn himself in," Skelton said in a phone interview from her home in Rogersville, Tenn.

Delores Pigeon, Jeneesa Lewis' grandmother, said Jeneesa Lewis called late Sunday to say her husband abducted her from her El Paso apartment last week, drove her to Nevada and then came back to El Paso to turn himself in.

"He took her into Nevada," Pigeon said. "She said she's in shock. She's got two big holes in her legs and she lost of a lot of blood."

Pigeon said the family was elated to receive the call from officials in El Paso late Sunday telling them what happened.

"I was just so excited last night to her voice," Pigeon said. "She has bumps and bruises all over. You don't always hear good stories, but thank God this is good."

El Paso police told the El Paso Times late Sunday that Jenessa Lewis, a 29-year-old mother of three, had been located and was speaking with detectives but offered few other details.

Jeneesa Lewis was reported missing Friday after she didn't show up for work at Fort Bliss, just outside El Paso. When soldiers from her unit found her apartment locked and no one apparently inside, they called police.

Skelton said police reported to the family that the apartment was a wreck and blood was found inside.

In the days leading up to her disappearance, Jeneesa Lewis was planning to leave her husband of two years, Skelton said. The soldier sent her sister a series of text messages saying that Clinton Lewis had left and had even sent a picture of that looked like it was taken from inside of a Greyhound bus.

"She left him an envelope with money and a note telling him to leave and not to come back," Skelton said. "She was so happy, saying he's 400 miles away."

By Wednesday afternoon, Skelton said, Jeneesa Lewis believed her husband was gone for good and started making plans to go back to her apartment and start over without him.

"Hey sis he's gone so when my check comes I'm going to buy a futon," Jeneesa Lewis wrote in the text message Wednesday, Skelton said. "Yeah, he's gone. Had police go with me yesterday, it's all clear."

But police believe Clinton Lewis, who is wanted in Tennessee on a warrant for not paying back child support and has a decade-long criminal history that includes an assault charge, came back to the apartment and then took off with Jeneesa Lewis.

She was last heard from in a text message at 4:56 p.m. Thursday when she chatted with Skelton about arranging the phone company to come out and set up a new line at her apartment.

Skelton said the pair met about a half-dozen years ago at a Tennessee night club. At first, Clinton Lewis seemed charming and fun, but the relationship soon became tumultuous and, Skelton says, abusive.

"He was all charm and fun then I guess," Skelton said. "He's a very likable person. He could walk up to you and you'd think he was the greatest thing since sliced bread."

The pair married about two years ago after a series of break ups and make ups. Skelton said her sister was often terrified of her husband but never reported the abuses to police and only recently confided in relatives about what Skelton says was really happening.

"She would never tell us the whole story," Skelton said.

Skelton said she constantly urged her sister, a mother of three young children, to leave Clinton Lewis.

"He told her that if she ever left him, he'd kill her. If he couldn't have her, no one could," Skelton said. "I've heard him say that myself, several times."

Skelton said her sister joined the Army last year to get away from her husband and start a new life with her children — 4-year-old Clinton Jr., 7-year-old Gabrielle Buttry, and 9-year-old Toni Marie Buttry.

The children have been living in Tennessee with Jeneesa Lewis' mother. The soldier planned to moved the children to Texas once she got a place to live on Fort Bliss.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 11:22:08 AM »

Just heard the news. Glad she was found alive.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 06:50:21 PM »

So happy to hear this woman was found alive and her husband turned himself in.  Also glad to hear her children are safe while she is recovering.  I wish some military psychiatrist would comment on the rash of violence against women in the military by men in the military.  Have all these perps seen combat?  What's going on here?  If we don't know what's causing it, we can't very well prevent it. 

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 08:53:51 PM »

Wshew!!!  That was too close.   

I hope she recovers quickly and is not left with any permanent neurological damage.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.