April 19, 2024, 08:35:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CASEY CROWDER - 17yr Arkansas missing since 8/27/2006(BODY FOUND)  (Read 44252 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2006, 11:44:31 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
Kenneth Ray Osburn Pet’s DNA to be Tested in Murder Case of Casey Crowder

http://missingexploited.com/2006/11/22/kenneth-ray-osburn-pets-dna-to-be-tested-in-murder-case-of-casey-crowder/

Pet DNA samples of murder suspect Kenneth Ray Osburn has been sent to the University of California Davis Veterinary Genetics Laboratory. Osburn is charged with the kidnapping and murder of 17 year old Casey Crowder. Animal hairs were found on Casey Crowder’s clothes. If a match, Kenneth Ray Osburn is going to have a difficult time explaining how his pets hairs got on the clothes of Crowder.

Red, do you know if there is any other DNA being tested ?  I mean not just the pet hairs but Osburns DNA found on Casey?

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 11:50:31 AM »

News

NEW HEARING DATE SLATED FOR OSBURN

By Patty Wooten/OF THE COMMERCIAL STAFF
Thursday, December 7, 2006 8:17 AM CST

Kenneth Osburn’s omnibus hearing, rescheduled last month to allow his attorney time to file pretrial motions, has been reset for Jan. 22.

Osburn’s pretrial hearing on kidnapping and capital murder charges in connection with the Aug. 27 strangulation death of Casey Crowder was postponed because the 46-year-old Desha County man’s mental evaluation and subsequent report weren’t completed until late November.

Osburn, who has been found competent to stand trial, allegedly strangled the 17-year-old Pine Bluff girl with a zip-tie, a plastic device used to bundle things such as cables and wires, before dumping her body near a drainage canal east of Dumas.

Osburn’s mental evaluation report, signed by state-appointed psychologist, Dr. Myeong W. Kim, said Osburn did not have any substantial mental disorder the morning of Aug. 27 when Crowder’s vehicle ran out of gas on U.S. 65 at Dumas while she was returning to Pine Bluff after visiting her boyfriend at Pickens.

“Casey was a motorist in distress and instead of coming to her aid, Mr. Osburn kidnapped and strangled her to death,” 10th Judicial District Prosecutor Thomas Deen said during an interview following Osburn’s first court appearance in September.

Crowder’s body, identified by dental records, was discovered on Sept. 2, six days after she disappeared.

After a three-hour evaluation of Osburn’s mental capacity, Kim found that Osburn “has a factual and rational understanding of the proceedings against him and he does not lack the capacity to effectively assist his attorney.”

During the evaluation, Osburn took the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2), a broad-based test designed to assess a number of major patterns of personality, emotional and behavioral disorders.

People with Osburn’s MMPI profile “tend to have deep and chronic feelings of hostility toward family members. They tend to be very sensitive to rejection, and they become hostile when criticized. They tend to be socially extroverted, but lack skills with members of the opposite sex. They tend to be sexually maladjusted, and marital instability and sexual promiscuity are common...” Kim wrote in his report.

In the information charging Osburn with kidnapping and capital murder, the state specified three possible purposes, including sexual intercourse, for which Crowder may have been kidnapped.

Osburn, who has pleaded innocent to the charges against him, denied police claims that he confessed to the crimes, according to Kim’s report.

Kim quotes Osburn as saying: “I did not confess. I just repeated what they wanted me to say so they leave my daughter alone. They threatened to lock up my daughter. They asked me to just tell when I used a plastic tie. I said at the end.”

Osburn reportedly told Kim: “They got nothing on me. ... No DNA. ... I did not do it. ... I confessed because they threatened to lock up my daughter. It scares (expletive deleted) of me that they let somebody go away.”

The state has indicated it will seek the death penalty.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2009, 02:09:23 PM »

Update: Casey Crowder murder *Kenneth Osborne convicted and receives life in prison without parole*

Judge Refuses New Trial for Man Convicted in Girl's Death

HAMBURG, AR - A judge in Ashley County has refused a McGehee trucker's request for a new trial in the death of Casey Crowder.

Kenneth Osburn had requested a new trial.  His lawyers argued that some jurors were biased before the court proceedings ever began.  Yesterday, a judge in Ashley County rejected Osburn's request for a new trial.

Osburn was sentenced in January 08' to life in prison without parole for the 2006 killing of 17-year-old Casey Crowder.  The Watson Chapel High School student disappeared after running out of gas along U.S. 65 near Dumas.
http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?s=7996983

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.