April 19, 2024, 09:59:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 monkeys captured, 5 missing in central Florida  (Read 2006 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« on: July 19, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=85244&catid=58

LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) — How many wildlife trappers does it take to catch 15 monkeys running loose in central Florida?

As of Friday, ten monkeys have been caught since their escape in April from the Safari Wild preserve. Another five remain on the loose in Polk County.

Wildlife officials say trappers know where the monkeys are, and the search will continue until the remaining monkeys are captured.

The bunch escaped their island home by swimming across a pond — something they're not supposed to be able to do.

Officials say the social but calm Patas monkeys are of no threat to people.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:37:57 AM »

I was sitting here trying to imagine how 15 monkeys got it together to make the swim.  Did one venture out and the rest followed?  Or did they do a synchronized swim?  Crafty monkeys.  The article says they weren't supposed to be able to do this.   I guess either no one told the monkeys or they didn't get the memo. 

Seriously, I hope the rest of the monkeys can be found and brought to safety. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.