March 28, 2024, 09:17:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #766 7/22 - 8/5/08  (Read 329951 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2008, 09:36:52 PM »

These pics were from June 10th?? There was a story early on about GVC taking a tourist back to a hotel --- he got a frantic phone call and left post haste. Many here will remember better than I!

Hi wreck...Is this the one...

Interview With Cromvoirt Acquaintance

Though currently studying abroad, I was able to establish contact and do a brief phone interview with a young American girl acquainted with current detainee in the Natalee Holloway investigation, Geoffrey van Cromvoirt.

She is still somewhat shaken by news of his arrest, particularly as it was June 9th, 2005, the night Joran Van der Sloot and the two Kalpoe brothers were arrested, when she met GVC at Carlos and Charlies. She was able to provide the day of the week, Thursday, which matches with the night of the three boys arrests. After speaking with her, I've no reason to doubt her veracity.

GVC was alone at Carlos and Charlies that night keeping mostly to himself. She could only remember him saying hello to one other person passing by that night in the club. After some initial eye contact, it was she who approached GVC. He immediately appeared to open up.

One item of possible interest, he told her that he worked during the day taking tourists out on a Catamaran. While I have no way of ascertaining it was the same catamaran, I do recall photos taken by the Mountain Brook students showing that they did take such a trip.

GVC struck her as something of a self promoter, constantly talking about himself, his many connections and his family's supposed wealth. She also recalled seeing images of some famous individuals he had stored in his cell phone, noting that GVC did not appear with those people in said pictures. Still, he insisted they were friends.

On another night, she may have been less receptive to the seemingly brash young man, but she found him attractive, she was on vacation and the two eventually danced. She indicated that there were no drugs involved, though both were drinking. At some point, GVC offered her a ride to her hotel and a male friend of the young woman went along.

GVC did apparently brag about being involved with security, trying to exert some pressure on a hotel guard to acknowledge who he was. The guard apparently failed to acknowledge him in any significant manner. She believes he was driving a jeep at the time, possibly blue and that he also mentioned a recent or pending purchase of a truck, color unknown.

Back at her hotel, it was decided that he would leave behind his ID and possibly some other wallet contents with her friends as security before the two went back out alone together. They spent approximately a half an hour or so together, primarily on the beach. The only potentially unusual thing she noticed during their time on the beach was that he might have been a bit nervous, looking about - at one point claiming he saw a security guard coming. She could not see a guard.

After some time on the beach his cell phone started ringing but he did not answer it. She believes it rang several times in succession, possibly as many as seven times. When she inquired about the calls, he stated that it was his Mother and that he had to get home. He kept reiterating, he had to go. She was puzzled at this as she believed him to be 19 years old at the time.

After a night of being extremely talkative, mostly about himself, she did eventually ask him in a casual way about the Natalee Holloway case. She feels very strongly that it was at that point his demeanor significantly changed. He almost completely stopped talking while the two were walking, swiftly now, back to her hotel.

She asked a few different questions ... if he knew of the case, of those involved, what was it that he thought. But he did not answer any of those questions, or change the topic. He mostly just stopped talking at all. They returned to her hotel, a friend brought down his things and that was the last she saw of him until his recent arrest. She felt he all but took off running, likely related to the phone calls, as he left.

Later after leaving the island, the interaction did leave her with a strange feeling, mostly because of his sudden silence when the topic of Natalee Holloway came up. Unsure if it meant anything, or not, eventually she did call the FBI. She gave them what information she could as regards the encounter, much of which I have now relayed here.

It remains unclear what, if any connection GVC has to the Holloway case. But at least one individual who spent some time with the boy soon after the disappearance was troubled enough about his demeanor simply talking about the case to make a call to the FBI.

I have agreed to keep her identity secret.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 07:37 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2006/04/interview_with_.html

yup!

echosofangels
Scared Monkey

« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »

TY MumInOhio!  And I agree With LoRain. JVS Isn't Gonna Skate By Forever. He Is Too Cocky And that Will Be His Downfall. IMO

-Darlene
echosofangels
Scared Monkey

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2008, 09:50:47 PM »

These pics were from June 10th?? There was a story early on about GVC taking a tourist back to a hotel --- he got a frantic phone call and left post haste. Many here will remember better than I!

Hi wreck...Is this the one...

Interview With Cromvoirt Acquaintance

Though currently studying abroad, I was able to establish contact and do a brief phone interview with a young American girl acquainted with current detainee in the Natalee Holloway investigation, Geoffrey van Cromvoirt.

She is still somewhat shaken by news of his arrest, particularly as it was June 9th, 2005, the night Joran Van der Sloot and the two Kalpoe brothers were arrested, when she met GVC at Carlos and Charlies. She was able to provide the day of the week, Thursday, which matches with the night of the three boys arrests. After speaking with her, I've no reason to doubt her veracity.

GVC was alone at Carlos and Charlies that night keeping mostly to himself. She could only remember him saying hello to one other person passing by that night in the club. After some initial eye contact, it was she who approached GVC. He immediately appeared to open up.

One item of possible interest, he told her that he worked during the day taking tourists out on a Catamaran. While I have no way of ascertaining it was the same catamaran, I do recall photos taken by the Mountain Brook students showing that they did take such a trip.

GVC struck her as something of a self promoter, constantly talking about himself, his many connections and his family's supposed wealth. She also recalled seeing images of some famous individuals he had stored in his cell phone, noting that GVC did not appear with those people in said pictures. Still, he insisted they were friends.

On another night, she may have been less receptive to the seemingly brash young man, but she found him attractive, she was on vacation and the two eventually danced. She indicated that there were no drugs involved, though both were drinking. At some point, GVC offered her a ride to her hotel and a male friend of the young woman went along.

GVC did apparently brag about being involved with security, trying to exert some pressure on a hotel guard to acknowledge who he was. The guard apparently failed to acknowledge him in any significant manner. She believes he was driving a jeep at the time, possibly blue and that he also mentioned a recent or pending purchase of a truck, color unknown.

Back at her hotel, it was decided that he would leave behind his ID and possibly some other wallet contents with her friends as security before the two went back out alone together. They spent approximately a half an hour or so together, primarily on the beach. The only potentially unusual thing she noticed during their time on the beach was that he might have been a bit nervous, looking about - at one point claiming he saw a security guard coming. She could not see a guard.

After some time on the beach his cell phone started ringing but he did not answer it. She believes it rang several times in succession, possibly as many as seven times. When she inquired about the calls, he stated that it was his Mother and that he had to get home. He kept reiterating, he had to go. She was puzzled at this as she believed him to be 19 years old at the time.

After a night of being extremely talkative, mostly about himself, she did eventually ask him in a casual way about the Natalee Holloway case. She feels very strongly that it was at that point his demeanor significantly changed. He almost completely stopped talking while the two were walking, swiftly now, back to her hotel.

She asked a few different questions ... if he knew of the case, of those involved, what was it that he thought. But he did not answer any of those questions, or change the topic. He mostly just stopped talking at all. They returned to her hotel, a friend brought down his things and that was the last she saw of him until his recent arrest. She felt he all but took off running, likely related to the phone calls, as he left.

Later after leaving the island, the interaction did leave her with a strange feeling, mostly because of his sudden silence when the topic of Natalee Holloway came up. Unsure if it meant anything, or not, eventually she did call the FBI. She gave them what information she could as regards the encounter, much of which I have now relayed here.

It remains unclear what, if any connection GVC has to the Holloway case. But at least one individual who spent some time with the boy soon after the disappearance was troubled enough about his demeanor simply talking about the case to make a call to the FBI.

I have agreed to keep her identity secret.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 at 07:37 PM in Natalee Holloway | Permalink

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2006/04/interview_with_.html

yup!

Thanks For The story. I Have Not read This Before.

-Darlene
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2008, 10:07:07 PM »

You are welcome Echo…GVC and his parents took off to the Netherlands, put their house up for sale immediately after his release and threatened to sue ALE around May 9th. 2006 IIRC

From yesterday….Regarding the suspect’s conversations of May 30th. 2005, before the family arrived.

From Joran’s Book Translation….Note: Interrogation of May 30th.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=1097.0

P224
August 8th 2005

During interrogation Joran is asked to take off his shoes. "Why are you now wearing size 10.5, while you stated that on May 30th you were wearing size 14?", they asked him. Joran says, "that's because of the difference between English and American shoes sizes, but i don't tell them."[/b]

Hopefully Tamikosmom can add to this when she returns from her vacation. Pretty sure she has more…

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2008, 10:45:46 PM »

O/T NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/07/24/some-times-we-just-need-to-some-bizarre-monkey-humor/

Some times We just Need to Some Bizarre Monkey Humor

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2008, 11:12:18 PM »

When I try to go back to page 11, there is nothing there.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2008, 11:42:35 PM »

When I try to go back to page 11, there is nothing there.

Wierd - I just tried it and it's there for me 
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2008, 11:48:07 PM »

Me too now!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2008, 12:02:02 AM »

Polemica tocante di e sleeping policenan

http://www.24ora.com/

You think with all this terrible Aruban driving one of the Van der sloot kids

or one of them thar Kalpoos would get run over, and they could get Boe-tie

and Jerry Jerry Dingleberry to bury 'em like a dead dog on the side of the

road.

ARUBA - A LAND OF MISSED OPPORTUNITIES

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2008, 12:04:49 AM »

------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2008, 12:28:28 AM »

THE GIRL COMES FIRST. SHE ALWAYS HAS!
HER NAME WAS NATALEE.

------------------
echosofangels
Scared Monkey

« Reply #231 on: July 25, 2008, 12:28:48 AM »

haha Carpe.  good one

-Darlene
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #232 on: July 25, 2008, 12:32:12 AM »

haha Carpe.  good one

Welcome to SM echosofangels!!!

Nice to have you here.

------------------
echosofangels
Scared Monkey

« Reply #233 on: July 25, 2008, 12:39:28 AM »

TY!

-Darlene
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2008, 03:11:38 AM »

Hi Monkey's!
I Have Been reading This Forum For Sometime Now. I Have Been Waiting For My "Approval" So I Could Tell Everyone What A Great Job You All Are Doing For Natalee. I Am More Of An "*******" As I Have Been Keeping A Close watch On This case from the Beginning. I Have Learned A lot By Reading Forum's. And I Just wanted To Thank You For Allowing Me to Join And Thank You For Being Here. It's All About Natalee.

Welcome to the Cage Echo!

Destiny

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: July 25, 2008, 08:20:33 AM »

AMIGOE NEWS:

...but I thought they kept telling us Americans are still flocking to the island???

Americans sell second home in Aruba

24 Jul, 2008, 18:41 (GMT -04:00)

http://tinyurl.com/5qmofe

------------------
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #236 on: July 25, 2008, 08:25:44 AM »

Maybe the Sloots were so adept at manipulating things they made ALE believe that Koen had supplied a boat for Joran's use that night.  Maybe the Gottenbos boat was used without anyone in their family knowing it by someone such as Lorenzo.  Once Joran hinted that a boat was used, maybe the logical assumption was Koen's boat, since Sander had used it the night before. I guess what I am saying is just because someone indicates it was the Gottenbos boat does not make it so.  The way they twist things in Aruba it could have been anyone's boat. Yet, they allowed it to remain the Gottenbos as a means to throw everyone off the trail.  JMO

Lala’s and San…IMO, it appears that this interview below concerning the security guards backs up your posts. Some-one was pointing us towards the Gottenbos brothers or at least letting us think they may have been involved... Even Jossy said Koen needed to be looked at more?

I feel pretty sure that the family would not have been allowed to move to the US if the FBI believed the brothers were involved in this case.

Then Simian/Mirian pointed us to Freddy. Who were they all leading us away from? Who left for the Netherlands 2 days after Natalee disappeared? Who is the mystery guy with the scratches?

Hmmm…It was Jossy who said that Guido didn’t have scratches, helped point us to Koen and the family boat, and didn’t tell us about Freddy’s earlier arrest. So was Jossy misinformed as well as the US media?

From the archives…

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #717 1/31 - 2/01/08

« Reply #929 on: February 01, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2560.msg336012#msg336012

From June 8th 2005 Nancy Grace....they do not appear to be talking about the Kalpoes.

IMO  Maybe Koen and Sander

GRACE: OK, let me quickly go to defense attorney Daniel Horowitz standing by. Daniel Horowitz, this is basically bass-ackwards from the way that it works in America. Because you don`t arrest somebody and put them in a cell of an administration building by the jail unless you`ve got a case against them. You don`t get arrested while the state, while the prosecutor, tries to put together a case.

DANIEL HOROWITZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Exactly, Nancy. And there`s a problem with this, also. It focuses on these two men so much, and it doesn`t give them the freedom to be out and prove their innocence or gather evidence on their own behalf. You know, Nancy, these guys could be patsies. I`m concerned about those three rich kids who were with this young lady and supposedly dropped her off at a hotel and then she just vanishes. I don`t like the idea of the focus on these two guys alone.

GRACE: Let me go back to Karl Penhaul on that very issue. Karl Penhaul, CNN correspondent, is with us in Aruba. Karl, there are murmurings to that exact issue, that these two security guards are being targeted while the actual guys that were with her, that took her away from the restaurant, have been set free. Explain. Why are these two being held? Did they run into the girl after the other three let her go? I mean, why are they being held and the other three have been let go? Is it true they are from rich or influential families, while these two are not?

PENHAUL: That`s the question on a lot of people`s lips right now, Nancy. We`ve been talking around. We`ve also been talking to the suspects` families. A number of answers to that. The three young men last seen in the company of Natalee Holloway outside Carlos and Charlie`s, we understand, were never arrested, were never detained by police. Yes, they were interviewed. But the police in a press conference earlier this week have said that no evidence in terms of the car that they all drove away in was confiscated at any stage. Meanwhile, the two suspects, three of their vehicles have been confiscated. One of the suspect`s mother`s cars, a cousin`s car, I believe, and one of the cars belonging to one of the suspects. Those are being looked at, even though there`s nothing, apparently, according to the defense attorneys, in any witness statement to suggest that Natalee Holloway was ever seen in the company of these two suspects, let alone got in their cars.

As far as the identities of the three people, the young men that are being named or were named as persons of interest, indeed, they do seem to be from influential families, certainly middle-class families, a little difficult in this context to spell out exactly whom they are.

But what the mother of Mickey John -- Antonius John, but Mickey his mother calls him -- what she says is that here what is at stake, or one part of the problem is, is that there`s a race issue here, because the people, the three young men are of influential, middle-class, largely white families, descendents of the Dutch colonizers that once came here, whereas the two suspects are from black immigrant families who maybe have been here for many years but nevertheless are still regarded as immigrants.

echosofangels
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: July 25, 2008, 08:42:56 AM »

Hi Monkey's!
I Have Been reading This Forum For Sometime Now. I Have Been Waiting For My "Approval" So I Could Tell Everyone What A Great Job You All Are Doing For Natalee. I Am More Of An "*******" As I Have Been Keeping A Close watch On This case from the Beginning. I Have Learned A lot By Reading Forum's. And I Just wanted To Thank You For Allowing Me to Join And Thank You For Being Here. It's All About Natalee.

TY Destiny

Destiny

-Darlene
echosofangels
Scared Monkey

« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2008, 08:45:02 AM »

Hi Monkey's!

TY Destiny

Destiny

oop's Didnt mean To Reply Inside The Quote Box

-Darlene
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2008, 09:33:25 AM »

Hi Mum
About time you got back in the cage!  I think the Gottenbos were way too smart to get caught in the middle of this mess.  Just because the Sloots knew them doesn't mean they ran in the same circles. Sander admits he invited Joran on the boat that day...so that places Sander and not Koen in contact with Joran.  Dave was led to Koen in some way, of which I have forgotten by now, concerning the boat.  Who told him that?  Was it another diversion? Was the daddy Gottenbos angry that Sander left the boat there and Joran used it?  There is a reason that PV has the story of Joran being seasick and not going on the boat.  There is also a reason Sander said what he did about Joran going or not going on the boat.  There are too many details that lead me to think another diversion of some sort.  But then again I am skeptical of most anything that comes out of Aruba by now. Thoughts anyone?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.