March 28, 2024, 06:41:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #766 7/22 - 8/5/08  (Read 329936 times)
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #760 on: August 01, 2008, 02:54:27 PM »

Hi, would one of the Mods please change my avator to that black kitty with his tail sweeping???  Thank you.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #761 on: August 01, 2008, 03:08:06 PM »

Hi, would one of the Mods please change my avator to that black kitty with his tail sweeping???  Thank you.

I think only Admins, namely Klaas, can do that, Always 1.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #762 on: August 01, 2008, 03:28:46 PM »

Ok, thank you I will wait for her to return.

sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #763 on: August 01, 2008, 04:32:16 PM »

I always found it very odd that the priest, on Aruba, wouldn't keep an appointment with Dave...and avoided him.....

I remember that, too....he made an appointment and then rescheduled, then cancelled and made himself scarce, iirc.

Wasn't there a priest who died shortly after Natalee.  I can't remember where I read that.  I think he was found in his bed?
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #764 on: August 01, 2008, 04:36:43 PM »

I always found it very odd that the priest, on Aruba, wouldn't keep an appointment with Dave...and avoided him.....

I remember that, too....he made an appointment and then rescheduled, then cancelled and made himself scarce, iirc.

Wasn't there a priest who died shortly after Natalee.  I can't remember where I read that.  I think he was found in his bed?

You may be right....I don't recall at the moment.  There's been so much in 3 + years to remember.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #765 on: August 01, 2008, 04:55:33 PM »

OT....if you go to the link below, where you found the kitty you liked, you can try the directions CBB posted just below it.  The worst that can happen will be that it doesn't work out right...then, maybe it can be fixed by Klaas...just a thought.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2619.msg403546;boardseen#new

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #766 on: August 01, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »

O/T too - I tried 2 son and it didnt work Im still a chimp and I swear his eyes just blinked.....

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #767 on: August 01, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »

You may be right....I don't recall at the moment.  There's been so much in 3 + years to remember.

I remember this priest being discussed, Father Alejandro Montoya (59).  He'd lived in Curacao for 20 years...originally from Colombia and was found dead on 8/23/06 from what I've read. 
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=printpage;topic=188.0

http://www.thedailyherald.com/news/daily/j083/Pr083.html

Priest dies after robbery,
community in total shock

WILLEMSTAD--The Catholic community in the Netherlands Antilles was in shock yesterday when it became known that Father Alejandro Montoya (59) had died after being robbed at the Bonam parish house in Curaçao.

Justice Minister David Dick, Lt. Governor Lisa Richards-Dindial and the police management met yesterday at 11:00am to analyse the latest outburst of senseless violence.

Police found Montoya’s lifeless body in the parish house. There were signs of breaking and entering. The place had been searched. The priest’s hands were tied together and his mouth reportedly was taped.

The robbers took money out of the parish register, a fax machine, a computer and Montoya’s car. The car was found shortly after Montoya’s body was discovered in Seru Cocori.

Maria de Lannooy, one of the women who had been helping Montoya count the money the parish had collected during Mass, was the one who called the police. When she arrived at the parish house at 7:15am she noted that people had broken in. She called Montoya, but received no response. She contacted the police, who found Montoya’s body in the parish house covered with a blanket after they had arrived.

Dick, Richards-Dindial and members of the police management held a press briefing yesterday at 5:00pm. Police Commissioner Marlon Wernet said that indications were that more than one robber was involved in the case and that it had happened in the night of Monday to Tuesday. He declined to go into any further details because the investigation was still ongoing.

For Richards-Dindial, Montoya’s death was an example of the need for the Curaçao community to return to its values. “It seems like there are certain people in the community that have lost value for other people’s lives. For someone to break into a parish house and take the life of another person is an unscrupulous act.”

Dick said he was very disappointed to see that once more that the crime problems had been dealt with by building more cells. “We have 530 prison cells and 240 more will be built. This will cost the community a lot of money, money that could better be spent on preventing these crimes from happening,” he said.

All parishes in the Netherlands Antilles held Mass yesterday between noon and 1:00pm in memory of Montoya and all other victims of crime and injustice. Father Thomas Krosnicki told The Daily Herald he had been called at 9:00am by Bishop Luis Secco, who told him about Father Montoya’s death.

“The Bishop asked all parishes in the Netherlands Antilles to commemorate Montoya during a noon Mass,” Krosnicki said. According to him, there were a few more people at Mass than normally would have been the case, but many people hadn’t heard the news yet at that moment.

The Diocese of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, in a press release issued yesterday, called Montoya a good shepherd for his parishioners. “We make a dramatic appeal to all parents, teachers, reporters and authorities, now more than ever, to stimulate and demonstrate with concrete acts those positive values of which we are in such great need,” the Diocese stated.

Secco was also present yesterday morning at the church in Bonam. In a first reaction he called on all present to remain calm. Besides Secco, Prime Minister Emily de Jongh-Elhage, Finance Minister Ersilia de Lannooy, Richards-Dindial and Attorney General Dick Piar were also present at the scene.

Montoya originated from Colombia and had been living in Curaçao for 20 years. He served at the church in Tera Kora and later at the church in Janwe. Three years ago he was placed at Bonam.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #768 on: August 01, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »

Oh, look at me, arent i just PUrrrrrrfect?  Thank you Klaasend.

dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: August 01, 2008, 07:26:42 PM »

does anyone know what rudy croes is preaching about on 24ora today?
dennisintn
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: August 01, 2008, 07:32:19 PM »

does anyone know what rudy croes is preaching about on 24ora today?
dennisintn

Here is the pap translation.  Might have to do with the speed bumps "sleeping policemen" that have been in the news lately.  Maybe Rudy is saying whether or not the speed bumps will stay??

min. croes is comenta tocante polemica
 local friday, 01 august 2008 - 14:00

in one interview minister of husticia sr. rudy croes owing to wordo ask about what is his reaccion for thing is deal all the polemica rondo of the polisnan sleep y also what is bay happen cu esakinan if they will wordo less or they will stay. click play for so listen thing the mandatario had of bisa: come across
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #771 on: August 01, 2008, 10:39:17 PM »

Elaine, sent me this info today.  Does anyone remember the discussions about who the man was that Joran was with in Thailand? You need to scroll all the way down to the poster named Johnny.  We are not sure if his name is reversed or not in the post, as in Daniel Solahain or the other way. This could be him.  Kudos to Elaine!

johnny
May 7, 2008 at 9:33 am

7th May 2008
Re. The Disappearance/ Murder of Natalee Holloway.
Hello, my name is Johnny.
I live on a small island in the Gulf of Thailand called, Koh Tao.
As recently as yesterday afternoon, Goran Van Der Sloot left this island. Myself and friends (Tony & Phil) confronted him two nights ago, re. his present situation.
I run a small bike shop from which Goran and his travel companion, Solahian Daniel rented their scooters during the 4 day holiday visit to the island.
We have information that Gorans’ passport was lost locally here, so now he will have to go to his embassy in Bangkok to apply for a new passport.
We have already contacted the Thai national press and made them aware of the situation.
Best Regards,
Johnny, Tony & Phil.

http://www.mycrimespace.com/2007/11/23/joran-van-der-sloot/#comment-52224

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #772 on: August 01, 2008, 11:07:18 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_45149.php
Google translation:

Inflation 8.4 percent
July 31, 2008, 18:23 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD - Inflation over the past twaald months - from June - rose to 8.4 percent. That is 2.4 percent more compared with the same period last year (June 2006 - June 2007) and the largest increase in the past five years.

The consumer price (cpi) rose again last month by 1.5 percent compared with the month of May. Like last month, this increase was caused by the increased huishoudkosten. This indicates the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS).

Since January, the relative prices by 4.6 percent. The largest increase during this period to June took place in prices for transport and communication (7.9 percent). This was mainly due to petrol and diesel which were considerably more expensive. In June increased costs for the household the strongest (3.3 percent) compared with the month before. These costs increased over the past 12 months, moreover, with 13.3 percent and combine with the rising prices in the transport and communications (9.7 percent) and clothing and footwear (9.8 percent) for the most part to the upside effects of inflation.

The greatly increased costs for household and transport and communication are mainly due to the record high growth of international oil prices and the prices for water and electricity. Last month was 5.5 percent more expensive electricity and water 8.6 percent (at an average consumption of 22.4 cubic meters) compared with the month of May. These price increases provide an upward effect of 0.7 percent of the total cpi in June.

Regarding the cost of electricity, CBS reported that the rate increases by the brandstofclausule motivated. This last month rose by 8.7 percent to 30.43 cents per kwh compared with the month before.

The CBS report to conclude that the government is a part of petrol and diesel prices since May last year has "absorbed" by reducing the excise by ten cents or five cents. The selling price of petrol rose by 6.8 percent in June compared with the previous month. Diesel was 8.8 percent more expensive.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #773 on: August 01, 2008, 11:21:18 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_45077.php
Google translation:

"Gold is not sold"
July 30, 2008, 19:55 (GMT -04:00)

ORANJESTAD - The government is under no circumstance intends to transfer part of the gold to sell. This she says in response to the statements of group Rudy Lampe (RED).

This suggests that consideration be given to a part of the gold to sell for as a miljoenenschuld of the Land to be repaid as a result of a contract that was completed in 1999. The opposition party refers to the 2007 annual report of the Central Bank Aruba (CBA). It says the Bank will soon take a decision on the so-called gold collar option contract. This last year for a loss of 89.8 million ensured florin (compared with 55.2 million in 2006) because of soaring gold price. The contract expires on 28 april next year. The Bank is considering to sign the contract (in part) to terminate or for a certain period of time.

Should the contract be terminated then the debt of almost 90 million cash florin be repaid or (partly) the gold be sold, according to the Bank. "Once a decision has been taken by CBA and the financial implications are known, they are included in the financial report."

Prime Minister Nelson Oduber has been in the media know that Aruba has absolutely no intention to sell the gold. Oduber said this after he and Finance Minister Nilo Swaen recently with CBA president Hassanali Mehran have consulted.

It is not yet known whether this means that the Bank as a result of this decision to renew the contract or terminate it. In the latter case, nearly 90 million florin cash paid to Barclays Capital Bank.

Oduber late at least know that Aruba still expect money from the Netherlands of the proceeds from the Plant-hotel and also 90 million florin of Valero should be given due bbo overdue payments.

According Swaen the Bank really has no other option than to terminate the contract. "The current situation is very different than in the 90s (when the contract was completed, ed) The gold prices have meanwhile risen drastically, and this probably remain so, given the financial situation worldwide. According to the contractual price, CBA gets 367 dollars a troy ounce (31.1 grams, ed) to the sale of our gold. "The annual report of the Bank reports that on 31 december last year the gold price 635.70 dollars per troy ounce. The price of gold is now about 900 dollars per ounce.

Contract

Swaen expressed earlier this week in a press release sharp criticism Lampe that the problems in trying to move the shoes of the MEP government. "Lampe would give the impression that the MEP government is responsible, and I in particular. He plays a political game with our gold in the CBA. "The minister believes that a political leader who has aspirations to govern the country, 'seriousness' must show at the time that he or she is making policy. "With manipulation and the truth to bend over so as to win sympathy at the expense of others, I do not think you follow the right path to meet the power needs."

The Minister further explains that the gold collar option contract was signed during the Cabinet-Eman. "This contract is a crazy decision that Cabinet has taken Eman, and now it appears disastrous for our island." The contract with the banker Rothschild (the contract was taken over by Barclays, eds.) was afsloten time because the strong gold prices in the fall were. The then president of the Central Bank then proposed to Minister of Finance, Tico Croes (ASF) to the gold sales, said Swaen, so to prevent the country even more so suffer losses. There was a fixed price agreed to allow CBA to a further decline in gold price does not need to collect more loss. It also meant that if the gold price above the agreed price of 367 dollars a troy ounce would come true, those profits went to the banker. "The purpose of this contract was clear to our gold selling", said Swaen. "As Minister of Finance I do not think that our gold may be sold." Moreover, the financial consequences of the contract by CBA never mentioned in the annual reports, said the minister. "This began only after the MEP government demanded this."

Autonomy

On February 25, 2004 extended the CBA contract, according to Lampe something that should never have done, because then there was a significant loss. "The Bank Saturday to determine the contract and had no other option. The bank then had to extend it. "Also Mehran's predecessor Rob Henriquez, who is adored as by Lampe," has done nothing in the contract, accuses the Swaen RED-parliamentarian.

Because the contract expires next year, the Bank once a decision.

Swaen: "I have the directors of the bank asked for me as soon as possible to inform them of the solution that will be remembered for this, and so far I am still waiting for response". If the contract is renewed, it remains Aruba in any case until the gold price remains high millions florin wrong, said the minister. The decision remains the responsibility of CBA.

The minister says to the strange conclusion that he believes that the RED group resulting wants to change the law allowing the authority and independence of the Central Bank will be affected. Lampe would legally define that in exceptional circumstances and only after approval of a two-thirds majority in Parliament the gold can be sold. Swaen: "Lampe has always been in favour of an autonomous Central Bank and now he wants autonomy mitigate this!"

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #774 on: August 01, 2008, 11:27:30 PM »

I have wondered about the continued water search for Natalee and here are my thoughts, from memory -

- The Persistence searched a wider area than anticipated, and stopped when complete and at the start of the storm season.

- Out of money. 

- For the next part of the search, they would need different equipment.  What comes to mind is a different ship and an ROV the size of a Yugo.

My opinions as of the past few months are based on the comment I read somewhere attributed to Hans Mos that they (Persistence) left and WOULD NOT be returning.  This makes it sound like there is something sinister going on, MO.

I really do feel that the Persistence crew wanted to continue, but circumstance forced them to leave without Natalee.

I'm not sure what all those circumstances were, but they do not reflect positively on Aruba.  MO

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #775 on: August 01, 2008, 11:31:18 PM »

I remember this priest being discussed, Father Alejandro Montoya (59).  He'd lived in Curacao for 20 years...originally from Colombia and was found dead on 8/23/06 from what I've read. 
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=printpage;topic=188.0

http://www.thedailyherald.com/news/daily/j083/Pr083.html

Priest dies after robbery,
community in total shock

WILLEMSTAD--The Catholic community in the Netherlands Antilles was in shock yesterday when it became known that Father Alejandro Montoya (59) had died after being robbed at the Bonam parish house in Curaçao.

Justice Minister David Dick, Lt. Governor Lisa Richards-Dindial and the police management met yesterday at 11:00am to analyse the latest outburst of senseless violence.

Police found Montoya’s lifeless body in the parish house. There were signs of breaking and entering. The place had been searched. The priest’s hands were tied together and his mouth reportedly was taped.

The robbers took money out of the parish register, a fax machine, a computer and Montoya’s car. The car was found shortly after Montoya’s body was discovered in Seru Cocori.

Maria de Lannooy, one of the women who had been helping Montoya count the money the parish had collected during Mass, was the one who called the police. When she arrived at the parish house at 7:15am she noted that people had broken in. She called Montoya, but received no response. She contacted the police, who found Montoya’s body in the parish house covered with a blanket after they had arrived.

Dick, Richards-Dindial and members of the police management held a press briefing yesterday at 5:00pm. Police Commissioner Marlon Wernet said that indications were that more than one robber was involved in the case and that it had happened in the night of Monday to Tuesday. He declined to go into any further details because the investigation was still ongoing.

For Richards-Dindial, Montoya’s death was an example of the need for the Curaçao community to return to its values. “It seems like there are certain people in the community that have lost value for other people’s lives. For someone to break into a parish house and take the life of another person is an unscrupulous act.”

Dick said he was very disappointed to see that once more that the crime problems had been dealt with by building more cells. “We have 530 prison cells and 240 more will be built. This will cost the community a lot of money, money that could better be spent on preventing these crimes from happening,” he said.

All parishes in the Netherlands Antilles held Mass yesterday between noon and 1:00pm in memory of Montoya and all other victims of crime and injustice. Father Thomas Krosnicki told The Daily Herald he had been called at 9:00am by Bishop Luis Secco, who told him about Father Montoya’s death.

“The Bishop asked all parishes in the Netherlands Antilles to commemorate Montoya during a noon Mass,” Krosnicki said. According to him, there were a few more people at Mass than normally would have been the case, but many people hadn’t heard the news yet at that moment.

The Diocese of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, in a press release issued yesterday, called Montoya a good shepherd for his parishioners. “We make a dramatic appeal to all parents, teachers, reporters and authorities, now more than ever, to stimulate and demonstrate with concrete acts those positive values of which we are in such great need,” the Diocese stated.

Secco was also present yesterday morning at the church in Bonam. In a first reaction he called on all present to remain calm. Besides Secco, Prime Minister Emily de Jongh-Elhage, Finance Minister Ersilia de Lannooy, Richards-Dindial and Attorney General Dick Piar were also present at the scene.

Montoya originated from Colombia and had been living in Curaçao for 20 years. He served at the church in Tera Kora and later at the church in Janwe. Three years ago he was placed at Bonam.

Thanks Texasmom!  I could have sworn it was in Aruba!  My memory is toast.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #776 on: August 01, 2008, 11:31:57 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_45210.php
Google translation:

Third arrest in drugsvondst KLM
August 1, 2008, 18:58 (GMT -04:00)

KRALENDIJK - In connection with the discovery of several kilos of cocaine in a plane of the KLM is Wednesday third arrest. These are the 22-year-old man J.C.A.J.S. who are still stuck. This confirms a spokesman for the police. Last week, two employees of Flamingo Airport arrested for their involvement. The drug was two weeks ago in a KLM device found at a stopover. The coke should be providing as Justice ingestopt when the aircraft was on its way from Amsterdam to Quito and at night made a stopover on Bonaire. When the plane was returned to the stopover were searched and the drugs appear.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #777 on: August 01, 2008, 11:35:23 PM »

You're welcome Sirensong.  I was thinking Aruba too!  The story was as I remembered so I hoped Father Montoya was the one you were asking about.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: August 01, 2008, 11:47:31 PM »

Hi Peaches!  It's so good to see you!  I hope you're feeling good this weekend!  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: August 02, 2008, 01:30:54 AM »

Ladies Night Jam Packed @ Senor Frogs 7/30
http://www.mifm1075.com/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.