April 19, 2024, 06:00:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voters' Voices: First US election for Chinese family  (Read 1557 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 22, 2008, 06:35:11 PM »

Voters' Voices: First US election for Chinese family

Updated: 7/21/2008 10:43:30 PM
By: Heidi Zhou

The proud parents of Joanna, Jenna and Jessica have been in America for 10 years.     
Max Ma and Helen Jia journeyed halfway around the world to hear the word, "daddy."

They're proud parents of Joanna, Jenna and Jessica – their three reasons for leaving behind China and its one child policy.

"One is definitely not enough. We like babies. We like kids," Max said.

It's been 10 years since the couple first arrived in the United States. Max now has his own semiconductor business, and Helen is an accountant. A few months ago, they completed their American dream by joining their children as citizens.

"One thing for sure is we feel very happy," Helen said.

They're happy, but also caught in a dilemma. Neither has decided which presidential candidate to give their first-ever American vote to.

"Right now I just don't really have the feeling I want this so much more than the other one," Helen said.

The couple is troubled by Sen. Barack Obama's lack of experience, Helen said.

"We just learned of him very recent[ly]. And just don't have a whole lot of, 'For sure, Obama is going to do this for us,'" she said.

Helen Jia says as of now, she's undecided on who to vote for.     
They're also worried Sen. John McCain might be too similar to President George Bush.

"If he still performs the current policy, I don't like this for sure," Max said.

What's certain is neither Helen or Max like where the country's going now.

"We are losing credit to other countries. And our economy is not good. If you look back 10 years, it was good. We should be able to continue and we can if we use power wisely," Max said.

Helen and Max are waiting to hear more details from the candidates after the national conventions, they said.

The economy and the war are their biggest concerns.

http://www.news8austin.com/content/your_news/default.asp?ArID=215146

Who are the running mates? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.